Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help (1060 Views)

She Left Because I Told Her I Stay With My Parent's / If Your Husband Slaps You A Few Weeks After The Wedding Will You Stay Or Leave / Should I Stay Or Walk Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by sweetiemi(f): 11:38am On Oct 22, 2010
Hi People,

Please I need ur advice.

I want to give u the background jist so u'll understand my dilema, when i was in the University i had this guy who asked me out practically through out school we never dated but he never gave up. for me i just didnt 'feel' him if u know what i mean.

after school we lost touch until he found me again and the hunt continued, all in all he did this for 8yrs! At a point i had to ask myself if i wasnt being to hardhearted and loose someone who obviously liked me, so last year i decided to give the relationship a try to see if it would work out.

i came to realise he is a very good person caring etc but one thing was still missing i dont love him and not only that there just isnt any chemistry i have tried but its just something u cant force , its either there or not right?

so i tried calling it off cause i feel it wont be fair to go ahead and marry him when i know i dont love him as he does me, but he is not ready to let go

here lies the problem and my cry for help, do i go ahead as some feel its better for a guy to love a woman or should i just stand my ground for both our sakes?
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by lepa001(f): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2010
Plz don't marry anyone cos you pity him or b'cos he/she will be hurt. If you don't Love him let him know now.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
love is the basis for every relationship
if you don't feel anything then don't do anything

all the best.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by babyme1(f): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2010
U don't love him, u only pity him. There is no point continuing
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by kokoye(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2010
Dont try to please someone else at your own expense.

Dont marry someone you are sure you cant stand to love. .  you'll cheat on him and take him for granted.

You'll both end up miserable and old.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Akainzo(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2010
My dear, to help you make up your mind, let me paint you a simple scenario.

Two years down the line, you go to a function and see this dude that the chemistry is good and the bobo is fine. What would be holding you back? Pity?

If there ain't no chemistry, please call it off and make your excuses now.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by jaybee3(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2010
It's a common advise to marry someone that loves you to bit.
I'm not saying you should marry him because you pity him but why don't/can't you love him?
What's the problem? Have you tried tackling that first?
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by kokoye(m): 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^

I think she is not attracted to him in any way whatsoever.

That can be tough.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Dsense(m): 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2010
jay bee:

I'm not saying you should marry him because you pity him but why don't/can't you love him?
U re right,
Hey poster , listen to dis advice it might help u.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Omolola1(f): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2010
Poster, dont make a mistake u wuld l8r regret, 8yrs is no joke! why cant u love him? is he that bad?
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Kelvinj(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^
thats not the point,
@poster
the worst mistake u'll make is 2 go into a marriage based on pity, u'll regret it. Just tell him whats up and go find some1 u love
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Dsense(m): 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2010
Omolola1:

Poster, dont make a mistake u wuld l8r regret, 8yrs is no joke! why cant u love him? is he that bad?
she's not saying he's bad or strange but, she can't just creat feelings for him . , ''No Love''.
How u dey.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Omolola1(f): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
Well then, she has to leave him. dsense, i dey kampe!
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Dsense(m): 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2010
Omolola1:

Well then, she has to leave him. dsense, i dey kampe!
gud to hear that.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by sweetiemi(f): 11:54pm On Oct 22, 2010
jay bee:

jay bee, i have really tried but its just not working i've psyched myself and all but,
Omolola1:

he's not bad at all and i dont understand it either' i used to believe falling in love was a choice thing but i have found out its not like that at all its really beyond my control
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by jaybee3(m): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2010
Do u like him enuff though?
Their must be something about him that's putting u off loving him. Think deeply about it as it could be any off the following:
sexual attraction/incompatibility
appearance
behaviour
Age difference
Laid back and not the outgoing type
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Phate07(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2010

U dated him for 8yrs and know now wants to ditch him? After everything u ve been thru.
angry
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2010
@Phate07 kindly read the post well, he chased her for 8yrs, they didnt date for 8yrs. @ Poster- i suggest you stand ur ground, let him go.
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by iice(f): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2010
So the other day, i sprained my leg really bad. If i put pressure on it (my weight) i might break it. But people say that it wouldn't break, you know that maybe i should 'try' and find out if it would break. Of course it's my leg and i'd be the one to suffer the consequences or not, but lets give it a shot shall we?
Re: Do I Stay Or Do I Go? Pls Help by 190: 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2010
I asked one certain Tjiskii out for 15yrs she refused dating me

till yesterday when we finally got married

dont leave him,he loves u~

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get My Ex-girl Friend Back / It Is Love, If Your Boyfriend Have Ever Done This! Please Love Him For Life O / 21st Century Aka Computer Age Methods Of Avenging When Dumbed; For Brothers Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.