Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. (62758 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / My Girlfriend Is Asking For 549K Cause She Got Hnd Admission. / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by blackjack21(m): 12:22am On Sep 16, 2019
I will be as simple as possible.

So me and this girl is dating and she needs a job. She's stylishly asking me to help get her a job where I work, the asking is starting to turn into nagging.
I admire and respect that she wants to work and earn, that's one thing I'll always love in any woman. But the idea of working is the Same company as me is just not comfortable with me, because, I don't date colleagues.
It's one rule I cannot scrap in my life.
No office Romance.

The trick here is I've already said 'Yes' because I thought she was joking, now it turns out she's serious, I. Don't like being pushed into a corner.

What to-do?

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Ishilove: 1:34am On Sep 16, 2019
blackjack21:

So me and this girl is dating and she needs a job. She's stylishly asking me to help get her a job where I work, the asking is starting to turn into nagging.
I admire and respect that she wants to work and earn, that's one thing I'll always love in any woman. But the idea of working is the Same company as me is just not comfortable with me, because, I don't date colleagues.
No office Romance.

The trick here is I've already said 'Yes' because I thought she was joking, now it turns out she's serious, I. Don't like being pushed into a corner.

What to-do?
Don't start what you can't finish. Tell her there is no vacancy, or the available slots have been given out. You're a grown ass adult. Be creative.

734 Likes 52 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by pocohantas(f): 1:46am On Sep 16, 2019
Why would she even nurse the idea of working in the same organisation with you?

Biko send her the link to Nairaland-Job & Vacancies, Ngcareers, jobberman, LinkedIn...etc

231 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Ishilove: 1:49am On Sep 16, 2019
pocohantas:
Why would she even nurse the idea of working in the same organisation with you?

Biko send her the link to Nairaland-Job & Vacancies, Ngcareers, jobberman, LinkedIn...etc
That's why I suggested he be creative. I don't even see how this is an issue.

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by pocohantas(f): 1:53am On Sep 16, 2019
Ishilove:

That's why I suggested he be creative. I don't even see how this is an issue.

This isn't a problem. Maybe OP dey fear the girl, because I no just understand.

38 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Nobody: 1:57am On Sep 16, 2019
You're not man enough if you can't tell her straight up your policies.
What if she starts working in your office and dumps u and start dating your boss?
What if the sole purpose of her dating u was so u could get a job for her?
If you see her everyday you'll easily get tired of her... Likewise her.
You wouldn't like it when the males in your office start making advances or flirting with her.
Your relationship won't even last self if u both start working together

246 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by horlarwereleh(m): 1:58am On Sep 16, 2019
shocked
Are u familiar with the term; "USE&DUMP"

21 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by pocohantas(f): 2:04am On Sep 16, 2019
Ishilove:

The OP is a pussy. No offence intended. tongue

Everything thing dem go rush bring am online.

Biko, pussy is strong- German engineering. E no easy to withstand vigorous knacking, yet bottom plate never fall. OP na prick, can't make up his mind to be soft or hard grin

259 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 16, 2019
Your No should be NO!

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by deafeyez: 2:23am On Sep 16, 2019
The OP sef tire me o

Common no vacancy now u no fit talk.
Which one you fit talk sef.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 16, 2019
Oga if you have the ability to help her get a job at your work place, do it without considering she's your girlfriend. What dafuq has girlfriendism got to do with a lady's future here? sad
All you care about is your silly relationship but what I see is a lady who wants to be useful to herself. Don't be selfish. sad

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by sweetonugbu: 2:41am On Sep 16, 2019
If I call the op asshole will I be banned?.

22 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by BarrElChapo(m): 3:22am On Sep 16, 2019
was about typing company policy when I realized you guys aren't married yet lol.. grin well no vacancy but I've submitted your CV to the right place should suffice

13 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by khiaa(f): 3:32am On Sep 16, 2019
blackjack21:

No office Romance.

What to-do?
Tell her what you just told us.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Kaycee7(m): 5:23am On Sep 16, 2019
pocohantas:

Biko, pussy is strong- german engineering. E no easy to withstand vigorous knacking and bottom plate never fall. OP na prick, can't make up his mind to be soft of hard grin

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Katier00(f): 5:58am On Sep 16, 2019
Please help her get a job if you can. If you truly love her you won't want to see her waste around while you could help. You can maintain a good working relationship at work and do your love things outside your work place. Reverse the case I know she will do that for you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 16, 2019
Bonatheripper:
What if she starts working in your office and dumps u and start dating your boss?
You wouldn't like it when the males in your office start making advances or flirting with her.

Best post. Op, make you take this post when I quote seriously oh. Do not lift a woman up. They are all ingrates.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by ednut1(m): 6:31am On Sep 16, 2019
pocohantas:

Biko, pussy is strong- german engineering. E no easy to withstand vigorous knacking and bottom plate never fall. OP na prick, can't make up his mind to be soft of hard grin
awusubilahi shocked

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Funmmyastic: 6:35am On Sep 16, 2019
condemn:

Best post. Op, make you take this post when I quote seriously oh. Do not lift a woman up. They are all ingrates.

Wow,very good observation,what's the purpose of the relationship if they can't help eachother?Las las relationships are for fools.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Gadafii: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2019
Tell her exactly what u told us naa

Be mo e brief sef tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Martinez39(m): 6:57am On Sep 16, 2019
Is it hard to tell her "there is no vacancy in my company" ? You are just a weak man.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by pharrell8(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2019
blackjack21:

No office Romance.

What to-do?
Tell her there's no vacancy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by galadima77(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2019
pocohantas:

You no well fa

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2019
Bonatheripper:
A lady wanna work and earn, it's a problem. I'm sure she feels he can easily connect her to a job there.
So married peeps get tired of each other as they see themselves everyday?

25 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Larryfest(m): 7:43am On Sep 16, 2019
Guy get her the job if you can abeg and if along the line she misbehaves to you while on the job just move on with your life,you are just scared she might change towards you later but then don't forget about karma she will surely get if she does..

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 16, 2019
sweetonugbu:
If I call the op asshole will I be banned?.

Lol you just did subtly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 16, 2019
Funmmyastic:

Wow,very good observation,what's the purpose of the relationship if they can't help eachother?Las las relationships are for fools.
... But he's not her daddy, why the fuucck should he giv a shit abt if she's working or not

..just like you can't get a guy a common table because you're not his mum

I hope it sounds fair to you now

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:51am On Sep 16, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
A lady wanna work and earn, it's a problem. I'm sure she feels he can easily connect her to a job there.
So married peeps get tired of each other as they see themselves everyday?

Good question, wicked people dey here sha.

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:10am On Sep 16, 2019
J111333:
Oga if you have the ability to help her get a job at your work place, do it without considering she's your girlfriend. What dafuq has girlfriendism got to do with a lady's future here? sad
All you care about is your silly relationship but what I see is a lady who wants to be useful to herself. Don't be selfish. sad

God bless you. The thinking is shallow in my opinion. Just because you don't want to work in the same company as your girlfriend, you'll leave her stagnated when you're in a position to help?

If getting a job is a piece of cake, very well then, get her in... then get yourself a job in another organisation @OP.

Y'all can be professional at work. You may not even work in the same department. Later on, either of you can move on to another organization. Stop being a clog in the wheel. Help if you can.

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2019
condemn:

Are you such a vile human being? Your post reeks so much of insecurity!

So many selfish, thoughtless, inhumane persons. undecided Good thing I don't know people like you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:15am On Sep 16, 2019
Larryfest:
Guy get her the job if you can abeg and if along the line she misbehaves to you while on the job just move on with your life,you are just scared she might change towards you later but then don't forget about karma she will surely get if she does..

Simple!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Exposes Lagos Big Boy Who Promised to Give him N2million for Mouth Action(pi / No Woman Can Snatch Your Man If You Have These 6 Attributes. / How To Woo A Nigerian Girl ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.