Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (79326 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by freeman1010: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
You were too fast, at least you should have waited till one month before making observations, perhaps the work load may be the first one week and the rest of the weeks might be lighter.
Any way, I advise you start looking for another job cause your job security is not guaranteed there.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by West2019(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
sorry about that ,as you are there keep on dropping ur CV in other place , but why demanding for increase of salary' for just only 2weeks job .u done learn next time if u get a federal job u will not say u wnt to write to Buhari to increase ur salary within 2weeks working days .if na u ,you go like an

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by collarfreak(m): 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation

First of all, where do you reside?
I have little help I can render
Chat me up on 08105170983
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by tbanty1: 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation
you better remove ur pic, ur post has made front page. Who knows you madam might be checking

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by fof1: 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation

WhatsApp me 08096165229 for a Business Opportunity if U are interested.Pls.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by wemcy2(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
[quote author=Sabaugo post=83381286]Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

Thanks in anticipation

Take or accept more responsibilities!
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

the 3k was a disciplinary measure to make this ungrateful woman understand who is the boss there... and that they will not be pressured into accepting BS. to make her point sink loud and clear in that woman's mind, she reduced her salary even more.

before anyone can ask for a raise, they should certainly PROVE to their superior that she is indeed worth the raise.

why will the woman not be looking at the op with bad eye.
someone with that sense of entitlement - next thing na to dey steal
it wasnt even a case of madam - this work is very hard and i have a child, can i be closing early?
madam, i am having challenges with this job
no it is madam - this work is more than i expected - increase my salary please
and of course she will find ways to justify that as well. this woman is very wicked etc etc.

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by maestroferddi: 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
People can be funny.

The Reverend Sister is not in the school to be indulging people in their idiosyncracies.

She is managing the school for the owners and therefore must ensure that people with the right attitude and orientation work there.

You better do you job diligently instead of looking for tender loving care.

You are suggesting that she is harsh/mean but how many employers/bosses will still accommodate a new staff who comes for a salary raise after clicking in for one week?

You are not a child so grow up!

What you are calling overwork is a normal shift people do without complaining.

Graduates with good results are doing 20k teaching jobs without complaining and you got 45k in teaching but chose to take it for granted.

So you better sit up....

6 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
op must be a Igbo lady... Nyamiri people like money pass anything...
Women and money are inseperable.they can do anything for money..
... My first teaching job was 5k per month... what I did to augment my take -home pay was to add some private teaching...
Olosho, cool down and gather some experience before you start asking for pay increase after one week....
The op just dey vex me..

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by BBBmall25: 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
Madam, To Be Very Frank, I Dettest Money Conscious People A Lot! Myself As An Example, I Started Teaching Work Since 2013 As A Pry-3 Teacher With A Minimume Salary Of 8k. I Told My Oga Anything because I Was Tired Of Sleeping And Watching Series Like Sleeper Cell, Spartacus, Merlin And Etc. But Today Long Patience And Contentment Has Paid Off. Today I Have Been Promoted To Teach Only The Senior Classes In The Secondary Section. Reasonable Salary Package; And Other Previledges Attached. I Delivered The Speech On Our Last Graduation Ceremony Onbehalf Of My Boss. Pls Mek Una Learn To Be Humble First O! Money No Be Every Tin. Build Trust And Good Relationship First., To Me, This Is What Count!

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by alaira(m): 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
God knows if you are telling the truth. We should not judge until we hear from the other side. Some of you are terrible people. God will punish liars. lipsrsealed cry

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Alexaonfleek: 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
Octopusssy:

She claims to be a Reverend Mother, an epitome of a Christian woman, but she is still bearing grudges to the extent she is ignoring the op's greetings. That is hypocrisy.

Though the OP was wrong, is prematurely asking for a raise a sackable offence?

To your question: NO, I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE WHAT THE REVEREND DID. The staff apologized, didn't she? Even after the salary was reduced, she is still being petty by ignoring the OP's salutations.

Pettiness, hypocrisy and unprofessionalism.
oh please.so because she's a rev.sister,everyone should use her as doormat abi?the op was selfish enough to ask for a raise first week in a new job.the op should even be grateful she still has her job.
These rev sisters are very disciplined set of people,that's the way they were trained.they don't take $hit from anyone no matter who you are.
If the op isn't happy with the job,she should just endure and accumulate enough money to start a business,or better still she can goan start programming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by izicooo(f): 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
Lazy yoot..

With this your English,u see person wen prepare to pay you 45k you still dey bicker.. You no serious cheesy
Thatz harsh.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Octopusssy(f): 9:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
oh please.so because she's a rev.sister,everyone should use her as doormat abi?the op was selfish enough to ask for a raise first week in a new job.the op should even be grateful she still has her job.
These rev sisters are very disciplined set of people,that's the way they were trained.they don't take $hit from anyone no matter who you are.
If the op isn't happy with the job,she should just endure and accumulate enough money to start a business,or better still she can goan start programming
So answering greeting translates to 'taking shit_'?? What happened to professionalism??

Abegiii

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by cardoso514: 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
OP has never worked before!You don't even ask for anything until you pass the probation period

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Octopusssy:
The op is obviously naive and inexperienced, which is why she did the stupid thing she did, but unless she violated company rules, I don't see why she ought to have been sacked. Those of you shouting "if I were her I would have sacked you" are the kind of employers who believe they hold the destinies of their employees on their hands. Shior.

it has nothing to do with destiny and everything to do with the attitude the employee has displayed.
the employees response to a challenge - give me more money, not help me to perform this task, show me how i can be more efficient - just give me more money

if you negotiate a job with a tailor, and then he starts demanding more money in the middle how will you react?

that is like dubious artisans who come to y place to work, after everything has been scattered start saying the money we have negotiated is not enough.
i pay them what i consider their due, tell them to get lost and get someone else to complete the job

the op has shown that her sole motivation for working is money and money alone. if i held onto a worker like that, i would be constantly monitoring that person

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Insectkiller: 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Your attitude to request for an increase just within a week, sends a lot of signal.

You may be mistaken for a thief or an unserious entity.

Pls don't do that again..

Anyways, d deed has been done..
I want to assure u that No matter what effort u put into work at that place u might not be appreciated...

First impression lasts longer..

Advice:
1. Be on d look out for another job..[/b]and make sure u don't go about with ur attitude again..

2. [b]Learn to negotiate terms before taken any job.(since u are sure of what u can offer, employer will always listen to ur offer)..

3. Work and Pray.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
seunmohmoh:
And what happened to yes or no?

such ungrateful gesture deserves more than a "yes or no"... you need to put your foot down and show that person A) who is the boss, and that B) if she doesnt want the job, there are thousands ready to take over her position.
just a "no" would have had this woman come back asking again the next week, bringing some phoney excuses as to why she needs the extra money bla bla bla...

its a mental game, and sadly, this lady started on the wrong foot, therefore 3k was deducted from her salary as a reminder to shut the fukc up (excuse my French). as we all know she will NEVER come back again to ask for a raise, unless she is ready to lose even more on her salary.

thelastorca:
why will the woman not be looking at the op with bad eye.
someone with that sense of entitlement - next thing na to dey steal
it wasnt even a case of madam - this work is very hard and i have a child, can i be closing early?
madam, i am having challenges with this job
no it is madam - this work is more than i expected - increase my salary please
and of course she will find ways to justify that as well. this woman is very wicked etc etc.

a simple question would be: if money is the only thing that you need therefore you [b]CAN do the job, but you simply believe you are worth more than 45K... right?[/b]

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by jaxxy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation

Why Are u dying in silence? Cos of the salary or cos nobody or ur boss isn’t talking 2u?

There’s no reason why u shud ask for a raise just 1 week into ur job and ideal like most employer wud she wanted to relieve of ur appointment so u can relax at home bt u begged and she forgave u tho with a deduction from ur salary for now which I presume is just just a disciplinary action especially since Ure on probation. If u had asked after been confirmed suitable for the job based on ur performance during the probation period it wud have made sense, unless ure not conversant with or don’t know the meaning of the word probation in employment terms.

Under Probation/observation period u don’t get ur full salary then bt once Ure confirmed to have done well and ok for the job during the set period and confirmed u are paid ur full salary and sm pay u the deduction arrears

Calm urself down my dear. She is only disciplining u and u will get ur full salary back soon once u do well during ur probation period.

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Insectkiller: 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Your attitude to request for an increase just within a week, sends a lot of signal.

I want to assure u that No matter what effort u put into work at that place u might not be appreciated...

Advice:
1. Be on d look out for another job..[/b]and make sure u don't go about with ur attitude again..

2. [b]Learn to negotiate terms before taken any job.(since u are sure of what u can offer, employer will always listen to ur offer)..

3. Work and Pray.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by LZAA: 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Gforce2015:
op must be a Igbo lady... Nyamiri people like money pass anything...
Women and money are inseperable.they can do anything for money..
... My first teaching job was 5k per month... what I did to augment my take -home pay was to add some private teaching...
Olosho, cool down and gather some experience before you start asking for pay increase after one week....
The op just dey vex me..

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kobosmart(m): 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Trueigbo:

No the Rev took her back considering her mother and son. She can win her over by her performance. She should the extra mile
Trust me I've been in the same situation before I said I will endure and improve and yada yada, o boy na for my front them dey interview my replacement, nobody teh me make I drop my resignation carry my shame go house

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Insectkiller: 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Your attitude to request for an increament just within a week, sends a lot of signal.

Advice:

3. Work and Pray.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Cutehector(m): 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
I see reverend sisters as the most wicked people on planet earth.!
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by capitalzero: 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation

It is not proper to demand for pay rise after a week. You have to keep on managing the work until you get another or set up your own.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Alexaonfleek: 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Octopusssy:

So answering greeting translates to 'taking shit_'?? What happened to professionalism??

Abegiii
the rev.sis would probably nod her head in acknowledgement of the greeting,and op might be taking it as she doesn't respond to greeting.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by 1stNumeroUno: 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
The Op has realized her mistake so let's be lenient with her.

I presume it's her first corporate work, but if not that mean she doesn't understand how it things work around here.

The main lesson here for us all is to be WISE and Observant on any job we find ourselves. You can't base your demand for increment on your first week experience; it's not logical.
For those shouting JD, forget it. Some coy will employ and your work load will increased daily until you can't 'breath' again. But then you have to use wisdom to find out if you are fairly paid compared to others/the volume of job you do/the value you're adding etc.

I will suggest OP manage the 42k until something better comes around. If she's still with the school till probation ends, she should ask for increment again, this time stating values she brought into the company.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Alexaonfleek: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Cutehector:
I see reverend sisters as the most wicked people on planet earth.!
oh please stfu.your comment sounds so immature.just the same way I used to think about my rev.sisters back in secondary school then.they seem wicked at first but they're just being strict and doing their job.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by BitmapStudios: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation

Hey OP!
What does your signature say? Have you gotten to your end? Are you tired of getting up? Is this the you you want your daughter to see?
Look, I know it's not easy, #TrustMe, I do. But, then, it's better to enjoy challenges than endure them. Be strong and of good courage, your break is around the corner.
Stay on that job, just to keep you running while you search and get better offer. If you however have some skills, let people know about it and that can bring you some extra income.
God bless you. #Cheers!
cool
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by alizma: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation
Never bring your personal problems to place of work. Whenever you need to make request or take stands, do that base on your contribution to the organization. Stating your personal problems as a means of getting favour will always backfired because it expose the fact that you need the job desperately and your employee can capitalize on that to pay you less just as it happened to you.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by CaptainMitch: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Apply in person
AwkaetitiBabe:
I wanna work for you As per the sailor wwy u be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.