Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? (59915 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / Why Husbands Have Become Scarce - Blueprint / Why Don't Husbands Have Issues With Their Father In Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by olabrinks(f): 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
I feel your pain love. It’s not just easy to get up and leave or take a break. Nigerian economy makes it so difficult for women to survive on their own with kids. Your husband needs to start helping you one way or the other. It’s very unfair on you honestly. If you have communicated with him about this issue and he is not willing to change, then please just focus on your kids and your well being. You will surely have the last laugh your hard work will not be in vain.
UnknownQueen:

Did u just say only stubborn, not just stubborn they will also term u as proud and paint the picture of only them footing the house bills to their family, the last time we had an arguement in front of his younger sister, I made her sister realize, he is not the only one responsible for all the assets in the home, he just went inside and started tagging me pride amongst other things...

My dear working, running the house chores with the responsibility of taking care of 2 children ain't easy, sometimes I just want to take a break from the house and ease of the pressure I feel everyday but I can't leave my children

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by nathpope(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
olabrinks:
Hardship children lack of freedom and too much responsibilities

More wisdom to your knowledge mah sistah..
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by tokewale: 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
They are like weather in the morning and become somtin else in the evening. Men just needed to be patient with them. if not you will just ruin your marriage with anger
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Rubbiish(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
UnknownQueen:

What rubbish crack, each time he doesn't drop money to feed, u expect me to use my common sense to support but u will never help me with the house chores with exception to making only Eba dats if I beg u sef
U think the best way to go about it is to starve him? Hehehe
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by meobizy(f): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
Why do Nairalanders always create stupid monikers? Well, life continues.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Rubbiish(m): 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
KevinDein:

These ladies are funny, aren't they? They shame men who refuse to marry older women yet on this thread they are, unknown to them, indirectly telling us that older women get married due to societal pressures and more often than not these women harbour bitterness and are likely to be vindictive. According to them, these women are likely to make our lives miserable but we have to accept that it is our fault. Nothing is ever a woman's fault.

They are unknowingly dishing us the red pill.
Honestly
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Galaticos444: 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

This is a good point please ignore the pin heads critisizing you. Let's be realistic, women are under immense pressure in Nigeria to get married, even when they have not found the person they are compatible with, once they get to a certain age they start hearing insults about their singleness, insults like old cargo, evening newspaper, Shiloh customer, she get bad character that's why she never marry and so on.

These same women desperately bear all manner of rubbish in relationships just to escape pressure and insults and get married. It's not easy for them to just end relationships and go back to searching in old age so she bears crap treatment from the man but then gets married and starts to remember all the maltreatment and starts acting up in marriage.

I don't know of those attacking your post live overseas or if they don't ever leave their houses to know what happens in Nigeria
and u think d man will jst fold his hands and let her maltreat him without taking any action,is it how men av become weak,u must b a very bad person and a red flag 4believing in vengeance undecided

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Barondval: 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Fellow husbands in the house, are your wives attitudes while in marriage the same as when the were in courtship? I realized women characters change from almost good to very worst once they get married.

Most tmes we wonder if the women we got married to are they women we dated. What could be the cause of this change in character.
Cheating is one of d things that makes most faithful n virtuous ladies change in attitude after marriage.
Secondly,when u r living in d family house with ur wife..Op,itz hell there!more especially when hv a sister-inlaw that is an elder to ur wife n yet not married!
Financial instability....so many things Op,can change a good lady to a monster..!Ask d elders,they will enlighten u more!!

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2019
There is nothing like 'she changed after marriage' you just didn't look well while courting..

And op are you not the one that created a thread some months back looking for a lady to do contract marriage with so you won't lose your inheritance?..

I don't pity you at all if you are the one,you were even insulting God then...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Popomu: 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
The percentage for men is slim

U lie

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by isnovic(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
olabrinks:
Well as a married man, it comes with sacrifices. One thing about a lot of Nigerian men is that they want to live single whilst being married, and friends can be the major cause of this. Once you are married, as a man you need like minded friends like yourself otherwise you’ll be tempted to do things you’re not supposed to do. It’s vice versa. If you’re not ready for that sacrifice then stay single.

How much money does it take to go out on a date? To take your wife out? But you will be willing to spend that money on a boys night out. Again, marriage is about sacrifice and effort. It takes two to make a marriage work.

As a married man your family (wife and children) expenses comes first before anything else. If you are not aware of this, then stay single. Personally I think a lot of men need marriage counselling before entering the marital institution, because it comes with a lot of sacrifices, responsibilities, endurance and patience that many men are not willing to work on. It is not hard to have a happy home, it is not hard to please your wife. They’re basic fundamental tools that a husband must have. It’s not for the faint hearted, leadership role will always be challenging.

You just proved my point.

You would know better right?

Why do you think as a woman you have considered it far better than the men, who to keep and who to jettison as friends.

Or what makes you a better judge of person than he is?

Men don't need the women to tell what type of friends to keep and what friends to let go, at least that much you can accord him, if he is a full grown man, doing averagely well before you met him and fell in love with him.

It simply means, he was doing something right and who he kept as friends was part of it.

It is a statement of fact, that the summation of little expenses far outways a single lump sump expenses in most cases.
Good friends often than not pool funds for night out, or pick up bills to lessen the burden on each other except they have friends amongst them that is doing too well and naturally pick up the bills.

If you deny him of his friends, you will suffocate him and so with you if he does not allow you to keep friends.

A man's wife and children comes first, yes and so do the man's family too.

Infact, in a man hearts each of this persons have their place and men can compartmentize unlike women.

The fact he is crazy about his mother, does not mean he is not as madly in love with you as he was insanely struck by you when he first met you.

This is the the design of men whilst a woman finds it difficult to love 2 men same way. It is either all or nothing. This is women's make up too and it is no weakness. God designed it to be so.

The men are more rational being than most of you women think.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Saintmary(f): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
What an insult to the animals' kingdom. Did you know that Animals are better than women.?

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Triniti(m): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nigerian husbands needs to start doing more at home, raising kids is not as easy as most people see it. Guys don’t join the bandwagon, engage your wife from time to time and do things that makes them happy, love your wife’s with everything in you, there are many bad women out there, but don’t lump your wife as such when she’s sweating it out everyday in the home front, being the man of the house is not all about providing money. Giving birth and raising kids drains every aspiration and dreams most women had planned for their lives , don’t use your bad experience with slay queens to treat a good woman bad, y’all should try as much as possible to always put smiles in the faces of the mother of your kids

7 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by frozen70g(f): 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
UnknownQueen:

Did u just say only stubborn, not just stubborn they will also term u as proud and paint the picture of only them footing the house bills to their family, the last time we had an arguement in front of his younger sister, I made her sister realize, he is not the only one responsible for all the assets in the home, he just went inside and started tagging me pride amongst other things...

My dear working, running the house chores with the responsibility of taking care of 2 children ain't easy, sometimes I just want to take a break from the house and ease of the pressure I feel everyday but I can't leave my children

Don't mind them, they just want you to contribute and don't talk about it

If they want us to be silent, let them face it alone let's see

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by nlPoster: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
What an insult to the animals' kingdom. Did you know that Animals are better than women.?

Why do you people just type every rubbish that comes to you?

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by frozen70g(f): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Is that the reason why you have been sleeping with all kinds of animals ❓

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Octopusssy(f): 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
So an animal gave birth to you? Wonders upon wonders
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Galaticos444: 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
edoairways:

Are you aware many women change even when they are treated well?
4get dat empty vessel gal.any woman dat changes 4d worse after marriage shud b show d exit door afterall in most cases d man's pay d bills
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nthrone(m): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2019
Robisky001:
Women attitudes changes after marriage because they know you've reached the point of no return. This is actually common when the woman has dropped one or two kids.

If I hear, it depends on the kind of man they married. Try nonsense with me, I will serve you your own meal your own way.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by crackhaus: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
ziddy:

Ever wondered why Nigerian society is full of psychopaths? Most of the people get it direct from their mothers' milk!

Just look at those bitter women up there for example, they hold society responsible for their decision to stay in toxic relationships with the end goal of conning the man (who already treats them badly, by the way) into marriage, and then having their revenge on him while they are married.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Octopusssy(f): 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
Simplep:
There is nothing like 'she changed after marriage' you just didn't look well while courting..

And op are you not the one that created a thread some months back looking for a lady to do contract marriage with so you won't lose your inheritance?..

I don't pity you at all if you are the one,you were even insulting God then...
He is the one. Very yeye personality
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by GreatResearcher: 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
The truth always seems rubbish to an average
nlPoster:

Why do you people just type every rubbish that comes to you?

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by UnknownQueen(f): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

U think the best way to go about it is to starve him? Hehehe

Why didn't he drop money for dinner, as usual the answer is I'm broke..

Neways he ate dinner tonight oo after using my church mind.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by BIXYBABE: 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by UnknownQueen(f): 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
olabrinks:
I feel your pain love. It’s not just easy to get up and leave or take a break. Nigerian economy makes it so difficult for women to survive on their own with kids. Your husband needs to start helping you one way or the other. It’s very unfair on you honestly. If you have communicated with him about this issue and he is not willing to change, then please just focus on your kids and your well being. You will surely have the last laugh your hard work will not be in vain.

Of course he Is not willing to yield which I have accepted as my own cross, my own is, if he is not ready to help with the chores, or help out with the kids, then he should fucking stop telling me how to do the chores and handle the kids respectively ....
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by olabrinks(f): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
Will you stop it please. Just because you’re man it doesn’t mean you’re exempt from advice, especially from your wife. You do not know it all, and sometimes people from the outside can see clearer than those dealing with the situation. Ego is the biggest downfall of men, humble yourself to corrections from anyone.

Like I said, wife and children come first and every other thing follows. A mother and extended family should be able to understand this, there’s no argument about this. It’s not about loving anybody equally, it about prioritising your list of responsibilities wisely as a husband and father. Only exceptions for emergencies. If you cannot understand this, then please stay single, marriage is not for everyone.
isnovic:

You just proved my point.

You would know better right?

Why do you think as a woman you have considered it far better than the men, who to keep and who to jettison as friends.

Or what makes you a better judge of person than he is?

Men don't need the women to tell what type of friends to keep and what friends to let go, at least that much you can accord him, if he is a full grown man, doing averagely well before you met him and fell in love with him.

It simply means, he was doing something right and who he kept as friends was part of it.

It is a statement of fact, that the summation of little expenses far outways a single lump sump expenses in most cases.
Good friends often than not pool funds for night out, or pick up bills to lessen the burden on each other except they have friends amongst them that is doing too well and naturally pick up the bills.

If you deny him of his friends, you will suffocate him and so with you if he does not allow you to keep friends.

A man's wife and children comes first, yes and so do the man's family too.

Infact, in a man hearts each of this persons have their place and men can compartmentize unlike women.

The fact he is crazy about his mother, does not mean he is not as madly in love with you as he was insanely struck by you when he first met you.

This is the the design of men whilst a woman finds it difficult to love 2 men same way. It is either all or nothing. This is women's make up too and it is no weakness. God designed it to be so.

The men are more rational being than most of you women think.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Rubbiish(m): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
UnknownQueen:

Why didn't he drop money for dinner, as usual the answer is I'm broke..

Neways he ate dinner tonight oo after using my church mind.
Nice one @bold wink
Please let d church mind continue o biko
But what if he is truly short of cash presently?
Wasn't he dropping cash before now?
These are things women should consider
No man will deliberately want to starve his wife & children...None
Often times it is due to situation beyond our control. Please erase the thought of starving him from your mind, so u don't push him into d arms of another woman. There are other ways to address it.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Rubbiish(m): 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
UnknownQueen:

Of course he Is not willing to yield which I have accepted as my own cross, my own is, if he is not ready to help with the chores, or help out with the kids, then he should fucking stop telling me how to do the chores and handle the kids respectively ....
I don't believe he does nothing to assist his family. As a man there must be certain things he is doing to help the family
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by UnknownQueen(f): 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

Nice one @bold wink
Please let d church mind continue o biko
But what if he is truly short of cash presently?
Wasn't he dropping cash before now?
These are things women should consider
No man will deliberately want to starve his wife & children...None
Often times it is due to situation beyond our control. Please erase the thought of starving him from your mind, so u don't push him into d arms of another woman. There are other ways to address it.

He is genuinely short of cash for real,

And I'm short of strength, aid me where necessary during house chores session,mbanuu he will not,...

And since he will not help me, don't tell me how to do it, it's simple...
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by UnknownQueen(f): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

I don't believe he does nothing to assist his family. As a man there must be certain things he is doing to help the family
He plays his fatherly roles, pays the house rent, school fees, utility bills, feeds the fam. 60%
I pay shop rent, buy the children clothes, provisions etc... He earns *5 of what I earn.

My own is, at any point u cant perform your role, don't expect I do mine, if I at least can't do it, then do it... Just like tonight he didn't drop money for dinner, why not cook the food if u can't.... �
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Rubbiish(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
UnknownQueen:

He plays his fatherly roles, pays the house rent, school fees, utility bills, feeds the fam. 60%
I pay shop rent, buy the children clothes, provisions etc... He earns *5 of what I earn.

My own is, at any point u cant perform your role, don't expect I do mine, if I at least can't do it, then do it... Just like tonight he didn't drop money for dinner, why not cook the food if u can't.... �
Lolss
I thought it was something serious lol
If u ask me i honestly do not see any problem here...this is a sweet marriage. I swear
I think d little issue here is d manner of communication & expression. If u are telling him to assist u in a commanding and condescending tone he may try resisting it. I told my sisters d greatest tool a woman can use to bring down a is whatever u do should be in a submissive Manner, the man will just melt, but many women don't know this. It is working for them perfectly in their marriage.

I think u should express it as peaceful and calm as possible. Honestly we shouldn't view marriage as a trade by barter system, saying if u do this he must do that is likely to affect the happiness in that marriage, likewise for him. If not for anything at least for the kids, just view everything u are doing is for d kids. Couples really don't know the joy children feel when they see their parents living happily together, money can't buy that happiness for them.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by djon78(m): 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
Triniti:
Nigerian husbands needs to start doing more at home, raising kids is not as easy as most people see it. Guys don’t join the bandwagon, engage your wife from time to time and do things that makes them happy, love your wife’s with everything in you, there are many bad women out there, but don’t lump your wife as such when she’s sweating it out everyday in the home front, being the man of the house is not all about providing money. Giving birth and raising kids drains every aspiration and dreams most women had planned for their lives , don’t use your bad experience with slay queens to treat a good woman bad, y’all should try as much as possible to always put smiles in the faces of the mother of your kids

Yeah the highlighted is true.
Talking from experience
Many men's experience with bad women they mixed with has seriously desensitized and hardened them. So most times they have no feeling anymore for there spouse. Honestly.
And it takes a serious internal work on the man to change it, and for those who are aware of the issue.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Their Children Saw Them Having Sex- Should They Be Bothered? / Connect With Someone Born On The Same Month & Day You Were Born! / Wife Of Zambia Man Who Is A Maid To Chinese Man Delivers Asian-looking Baby (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.