Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? (59926 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / Why Husbands Have Become Scarce - Blueprint / Why Don't Husbands Have Issues With Their Father In Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by frozen70g(f): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
biggy26:

Good points! I think reality just sets in, so she will now have to adjust.
Exactly
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Wande22(m): 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Caris77:

Lol, wait till you are married. If you treat your wife like a queen, she will reciprocate but otherwise, you will be surprised at what the soft lady you married could transform to.

My dear, I want to ask you some questions and I want sincere answers

1. If your husband tells you his salary (or you know) and after appropriating all the appropriate-ables, then he has little to none for himself, what would you do?

2. Let's assume your husband works at Apapa and you are living in Ikorodu. He hasn't been paid and he is flat broke. As a married woman, what are you expected to do

I am waiting

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by djon78(m): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

O boy!
So going by majority of the comments by women on this thread, it is safe to say it is very risky to go for older women as they maybe willing to do anything just to get married. Hmm

Exactly
Many of them are bitter and toxic
Why do you think guys go for younger women? To dodge toxicity and bitterness from past grudges they bear.
Except for few matured ones

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2019
Wande22:
As if you are watching me

When I wasn't working, she made life a LIVING HELL

Now that I am working (even she knows the nature of my work) she ain't changed

Sometimes, I feel that.... DID I JUST MADE A FVVCKING MISTAKE MARRYING HER

abeg manage this for me

They are all the same 99% of them, there is a reason why our fathers die before our mothers. Most men will die before they see the gains of the thing they are "working" for and the wife will inherit everything, so enjoy your life, no allow wife kill you with stress.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2019
There are times I feel I was in hell fire, and time I thank God I made the right choice.

The first year of our marriage is so loving.

But immediately we had our first child, she Chang a little bit.

The second baby is like am in hell fire.

We nearly brakeup, and I change back to her.

There are times I call her room mate not wife..

But for the past one year, she's showing the character of the lady I got married to.

I think nursing baby she's not used to caused it. But seriously I don't know what might cause it aside that.

Woman are unpredictable and loving to have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Paulo3ree(m): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
LadySarah:
Same As men too.
Aaaaaah

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
UjuJoan2:

I'm honestly not bothered about them, I know how difficult it is for MEN to accept the truth that their actions have direct consequences in the long run. Nigerian men are laden with this 'God complex' and most times it's difficult for them to realize that they will have to be held accountable for their mistakes, just like use mere mortals (women).

Let's take for instance a man who dated a woman for 10 years, probably even dis-virgined her . . at the point when he becomes finally stable he realizes she's not his 'type' and begins to mess around with other women. The will act like they are doing her a favor. . . . The woman, who thinks the odds are already against her will stay and hope he comes around eventually. But it doesn't stop the resentment from building. It doesn't stop the hatred from brewing . . . Eventually when he marries her after dangling marriage around like a carrot, and she realizes the burden of raising his family is actually on her, she sees the enormity of the sacrifices she has to make and realizes he's just not worth it and never earned her, she begins to act up. . . . Actions = Reactions!!! I'm a marriage counselor of sorts and I know what I see/hear on a regular basis.

Same goes for a cheating man . . . Many women will never walk out of a cheating spouse. But if a woman is aware of her husband's indiscretions, there's noting stopping her from doing same. I know the men will want to have my neck for this too, but it's just the truth. Any woman who gladly accepts a cheating husband is definitely cheating herself. I just pity these men who cheat and flaunt it thinking their wives have no option. She may play the docile wife, but who knows what she's also up to.

Untill men learn to respect and treasure women, there will always be dysfunctional marriages.
How about a good man with a good heart?
Does he deserve a toxic wife who probably escaped societal pressure or a bad ex?

I think the thing is, if you meet a bad person, please leave them. But unfortunately you women will always fall for the bad guys due to nasty reasons.

May God help us. I must marry right. I'm not in for all these wahala people paint marriage to be.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
bukatyne:

True.

Actually, not true. Men marry women and hope they don't change but they change.

While women marry men and hope they will change once they get married but the men don't change.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by fela4live: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
LadySarah:
Same As men too.
Don't mind him. Yeye post! I am a man but the same thing applies to men.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Hammedsodiq: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
Na true DAT wot most married may says oo, iyawo y changes occur from Gud to Bad
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Pataricatering(f): 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
Same people here that will come women “ evening newspaper “ are the ones talking rubbish about why a woman would change !

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
Marriage is sweet, if you find a compatible partner..

To find a compatible partner is extremely difficult due to in-born pretence by ladies(guys too)..

Necessary evil?? May be!!!

He who find a wife(good one undecided) find a good thing and obtain favour in the eyes of God..

He who find a pretending wife, waste his bride price.. Na so so patching remain!!! sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by webngnews: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2019
Oh
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by InvertedHammer: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
/
Marriage is difficult for women.

But why do men always die before women?

Villages are filled with widows.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Ryabcool(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
UjuJoan2:

I'm honestly not bothered about them, I know how difficult it is for MEN to accept the truth that their actions have direct consequences in the long run. Nigerian men are laden with this 'God complex' and most times it's difficult for them to realize that they will have to be held accountable for their mistakes, just like use mere mortals (women).

Let's take for instance a man who dated a woman for 10 years, probably even dis-virgined her . . at the point when he becomes finally stable he realizes she's not his 'type' and begins to mess around with other women. The will act like they are doing her a favor. . . . The woman, who thinks the odds are already against her will stay and hope he comes around eventually. But it doesn't stop the resentment from building. It doesn't stop the hatred from brewing . . . Eventually when he marries her after dangling marriage around like a carrot, and she realizes the burden of raising his family is actually on her, she sees the enormity of the sacrifices she has to make and realizes he's just not worth it and never earned her, she begins to act up. . . . Actions = Reactions!!! I'm a marriage counselor of sorts and I know what I see/hear on a regular basis.

Same goes for a cheating man . . . Many women will never walk out of a cheating spouse. But if a woman is aware of her husband's indiscretions, there's noting stopping her from doing same. I know the men will want to have my neck for this too, but it's just the truth. Any woman who gladly accepts a cheating husband is definitely cheating herself. I just pity these men who cheat and flaunt it thinking their wives have no option. She may play the docile wife, but who knows what she's also up to.

Untill men learn to respect and treasure women, there will always be dysfunctional marriages.
it's always the men's fault. Not even a single attempt at recognizing that it may not be one sided.

I can really see the good you have been doing in your marriage counseling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by colestephan86: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Fellow husbands in the house, are your wives attitudes while in marriage the same as when the were in courtship? I realized women characters change from almost good to very worst once they get married.

Most tmes we wonder if the women we got married to are they women we dated. What could be the cause of this change in character.
From my findings, one of the sole reason ladies attitude change when in marriage is cos of workload, and I will explain.
When you both were dating , she was in her father's house n possibly have siblings that she share chores with there by not having much to do and so have lots of time to date you and probably spend time with you. But now that she is married to you , you as a typical African man will leave her to do almost everything n stick nak am apako.
My bro with these few point u should understand now why you new wife has changed.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by engrchykae(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
That's how they are created, their mother Eve waited patiently until Adam married her then she started showing her colors.
If you are from the East,be careful of arochukwu she devils
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by SocialJustice: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Singles should stay away from this thread. Too many commenting here.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

This is a good point please ignore the pin heads critisizing you. Let's be realistic, women are under immense pressure in Nigeria to get married, even when they have not found the person they are compatible with, once they get to a certain age they start hearing insults about their singleness, insults like old cargo, evening newspaper, Shiloh customer, she get bad character that's why she never marry and so on.

These same women desperately bear all manner of rubbish in relationships just to escape pressure and insults and get married. It's not easy for them to just end relationships and go back to searching in old age so she bears crap treatment from the man but then gets married and starts to remember all the maltreatment and starts acting up in marriage.

I don't know of those attacking your post live overseas or if they don't ever leave their houses to know what happens in Nigeria

Haa, and what if it turns out the man he married is the type that wouldn't mind a divorce? What happens then??

She goes back to singleness, as an older cargo and last year's newspaper? (your words not mine o).

Let's learn to keep life simple and not let pressure for anything push us into a miserable life, imagine turning a marriage that's supposed to be a lifetime of companionship into a game of do me I do you, because of societal pressure.

Some people have sense in Nigeria abeg, and there are many of us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Ryabcool(m): 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
crackhaus:

You might actually be going about this all wrong, no pun intended.

Shouldn't you be counselling women to grow some cojonés and self-confidence along with a healthy dose of self-esteem, which will stop them from marrying jerks, only to turn around and pay the jerk back after getting married to him? cheesy

You're making a case for and glorifying emotional/psychological disorders without knowing it. What else would make a human being choose to stay with another just because they are nursing a plan to hurt them back? This is classic psychopath behavior.

It's like telling a faithful man to forgive and marry his fiancée who has been round the block & back, and when he begins cheating on her after marriage, you probably gonna say 'she had it coming'.
Really?
I was just reading her posts in disgust. Her kind is the type I wouldn't wish on even my enemy.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by merits(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Fellow husbands in the house, are your wives attitudes while in marriage the same as when the were in courtship? I realized women characters change from almost good to very worst once they get married.

Most tmes we wonder if the women we got married to are they women we dated. What could be the cause of this change in character.
I thank God for mine,nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by baby124: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nigerian men are easy to manipulate for marriage. That is why they wonder why women change. If the women show their real selves these hypocrites will not marry them grin. *Wife Material* they say grin. Are you a husband material? Wife material kill you there. LMAO. Wife Material = Werey, Mute and Mugu grin cheesy.

Ujujoan said the bitter truth. Sadly. Lots of Nigerian women in long term relationships before marriage are on that table.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by cookingsoul(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2019
this women ehn their matter tire me ooh .since i marry my wife her mouth nah somethin else....well

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Beat123(f): 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:

go n marry. When you do treat her right

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
Octopusssy:

Hahahaha! Which research?

You know why I like you ehn?

I like you because you remind me so much of my sibling. He never takes advice or sound counsel, and when the repercussions of his stubbornness come back to bite him in the ass, he is very quick to give every one in the family fat portions of the blame but leaves none for himself. Very selfless somborri cheesy
This wan off me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Josh44s(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Welcome to the club bro. As we speak mine is giving me serious headache but I nor send her. I can’t come and go and kill myself.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Ryabcool(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
TooNoisy:

Oh how I miss the Nairaland Family section. I read some of these posts and I just wonder how some of the people behind these monikers reason. This is not about supporting whatever a woman does because you are a woman but it's simply about being reasonable.

Please read the bolded again. So, if a man is treating a woman badly in a relationship, to the extent that resentment starts building in and the woman now hates the man, you are proposing that she goes ahead to marry that same man that she hates? Did you marry some you hate? So let me summarise your post:

1. A young lady with a bright future should continue dating a man who obviously doesn't love or value her.
2. It gets so bad that she gets fed-up and begins to resents the man and even hates him
3. So with 1 & 2 above, you propose she goes ahead and tries her best to marry the man because of societal pressure or virginity
4. When she gets married, she now begins to act crazy in revenge

What you typed is a joke. Young ladies, if a man is treating you like trash in a relationship, it wouldn't get better in marriage. Marriage is for a lifetime and you don't want to be unhappy in your marriage. Just walk out of the relationship and you will find a better man. There are good men out there who will surely locate you.
Thank You!
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Ryabcool(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
TooNoisy:

Oga, don't let these women judge you - I wouldn't. You only opened a thread seeking advise. You can let us know what some of these "new attitudes" are and we can discuss it. They have all just agreed it was your fault. You never said you treated her badly or you cheated on her.
some sanity, finally... I was almost running mental

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Ryabcool(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2019
UjuJoan2:

What are you rambling about?

It's so easy for people to make grand statements and assumptions, when they've never been in a bad situation.

Anyway, go back and read my posts, then maybe you'll understand my point.

You were the one rambling.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by whytepawn1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2019
MedicH:

So she pretends she's normal during courtship and after marriage bitch starts to behave like an animal. Lol this is funny. Any woman way try this with me eeh i go just put am inside casket weighbill to him papa.
Lolssss... Bad guy.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Allwell96: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
Some men, once married will start feeling they own the woman, they can do anything any how. Talking of an average traditional man...

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by dandollaz: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
LadySarah:
Same As men too.
Men don't change but women brings out beast in them when they start misbehaving.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Connect With Someone Born On The Same Month & Day You Were Born! / Wife Of Zambia Man Who Is A Maid To Chinese Man Delivers Asian-looking Baby (pic / Prophet Divine Okoh's Marriage Ends After 3 Months For Not Keeping To Promise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.