Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? (8551 Views)

“AIG Mbu’s Critics Rabble Rousers” / Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by 2bosun: 10:39am On Nov 18, 2010
I lost respect for Dora since I saw her so close to Ibori. Not that anything was wrong with that in itself, just thought she had different principles. Give her credit though, she did a fantastic job at NAFDAC- even though she has proven that she is just another one of them "come chop" politicians. Adedibu said something about her lobbying for a ministerial slot before he died when they raided markets in Ibadan, and I thought the old man just chatting ish- I guess it's all plain to see now. I hope she loses the ticket to the senatorial slot in Anambra which would effectively finish her politically. I think she's done her bit for Nigeria, unfortunately like most Nigerian politicians (e.g OBJ) she just wants to drag her name through the mud and doesn't know when to call it quits!, Just my 2cents.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2010
2bosun:

I lost respect for Dora since I saw her so close to Ibori. Not that anything was wrong with that in itself, just thought she had different principles. Give her credit though, she did a fantastic job at NAFDAC- even though she has proven that she is just another one of them "come chop" politicians. Adedibu said something about her lobbying for a ministerial slot before he died when they raided markets in Ibadan, and I thought the old man just chatting ish- I guess it's all plain to see now. I hope she loses the ticket to the senatorial slot in Anambra which would effectively finish her politically. I think she's done her bit for Nigeria, unfortunately like most Nigerian politicians (e.g OBJ) she just wants to drag her name through the mud and doesn't know when to call it quits!, Just my 2cents.

Just because she pretends to doesn't mean she does! She's just a hypocrite! undecided
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Olalimits(m): 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2010
Baseline,She's crazy!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by marcus1234: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2010
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by chosen04(f): 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2010
I has chosen04 not been vindicated at last? I still remember the way most nairalanders shouted me and Kobojunkie down when we saw the handwriting on the wall that DORA is a cheap attention seeker, cheap hero wannable, cheap back stabbing hypocrite.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2010
roflmao!!! :d ;d :d ;d
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Bawss1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2010
Of Dora's faults deciding to investigate Phillip Emeagwali isn't one of them. That is what any responsible Minister should have done.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by beeman80: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
Pls Dora should be taken back to NAFDAC.This new portfolio is obviously having our aunty IDLE.This action has revealed so.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by JUO(m): 6:16pm On Nov 18, 2010
politics is her problem
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by creatafrik: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
lol
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Meldrick(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ujujoan:

Just because she pretends to doesn't mean she does! She's just a hypocrite! undecided

No No No!!!! I think you are the bigger hypocrite. I mean enough of all this bashing. You guys sit from morning till night bashing the individuals like jobless gossips. Enough of talk. If you feel there is something wrong with the Government of the day stand up and try to make a change but no you would prefer to critisize from morning till night.

Talk is so cheap but stand up and make a change. We are fed up with all this criticism besides the big question you should answer is

Have you done better in your own little community?
Have you done any better with the responsibility bestowed on you?
If you were in her shoes will you do better?

Just like the master Jesus said, he who has not sinned should cast the first stone. Iam no fan of Dora but Iam fed up with unnecessary ranting and criticism. Justice Oputa will say'' If evil is rife in our society, if corruption is the order of the day, let us search our individual minds for that is where it all begins''.

****** hissessss and walks out
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by samcc30(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
j
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Bawses(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2010
She is just jobless as most of you rightly said!!
If i can call Dorothy, Dora; then why the Hell can't i call Nigeria, Naija/9ja.
this is just a case of misplaced priorities simple!!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
Bawses:

She is just jobless as most of you rightly said!!
If i can call Dorothy, Dora; then why the Hell can't i call Nigeria, Naija/9ja.
this is just a case of misplaced priorities simple!!
Well who are you in fact to challenge Dora over this matter?? She has every right and prerogative to insist that Nigeria is referred to by its proper name, its only name  and not this lazy sloppy derivative.
However she needs to launch a more concerted campaign against those who denegrate and demean the name and reputation of Nigeria in any manner whatsoever.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by reindeer: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
tensor777:

Well who are you in fact to challenge Dora over this matter?? She has every right and prerogative to insist that Nigeria is referred to by its proper name, its only name  and not this lazy sloppy derivative.
However she needs to launch a more concerted campaign against those who denegrate and demean the name and reputation of Nigeria in any manner whatsoever.

Dora ass-kisser!
Any citizen of Nigeria has got the right to question, challenge and weigh her activities/decisions ok?
and what makes you think referring to Nigeria by that name denigrates the country's integrity?The real people denigrating the country are the ones she shares tables with all the time. angry
This recent talk is all about her being heard again, she's only seeking public attention.
She lost it a long time ago, clinging to anything that keeps her in power.She's just as corrupt as the lot of them.She needs to go and sit down somewhere and ponder how she became part of the dross in our landscape.
angry
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Emekuuss(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2010
embarassed madam dora & those her mumu supotas shuld tk a nap. Abeg we need revolutn in dis Naija.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by UyiIredia(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ Dora Akinyuli >>> You were once the gem and pride of the nation; An enduring example of the virtuous woman, one who particularly made a difference in the murky waters of the Nigerian polity. You saved lives by your uncompromising nature and all the world held you in high esteem. I remember thanking God for a woman like you when the infamous 'Ettehgate' scandal occurred such was the potency of your virtue

UNTIL >>> you made the mistake of joining the powers-that-be who are characterized by their penchant for chasing shadows while the stone remains unturned. First it was the 'Nigerian image' palaver, now you needlessly vex of the brand 'Naija' >>> what next  Huh

I am ashamed to hear this kind of news about a person of your stature >>> when you chose to accept the office of the MOI >>> l joined other well-intentioned and concerned individuals to warn you about potential pitfalls >>> we pleaded that you stepped down from the stage when the ovation was highest >>> You refused to listen (and still refuse to_step down b4 it is too late !!!) >>> we gave you the benefit of doubt >>> but by the passing month, our worst fears are confirmed >>> You are becoming 'them' >>> om a se o  Sad
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by operator(m): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
after the standard she had claimed 4 herself she is now depreciating gradually involving herself with things dat are not problem 2 naija. nigeria have a lot of serious issues to tackle rather than focusing on naija as a name. we need more orientation about how 2 create jobs, employment. let her go and read more about nigeria history; we gat our name from niger area which naija is the pigeon version.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by lonewolf: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2010
She fell off.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by osifred(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2010
why are people intentionally getting this message wrong
she was saying naija should nt be replace for Nigeria in official cycle
beside the word naija connote a negative impression outside the country
the only time people outside nigeria use dat word is when they want to say something negative about the country.

naija is not the abbreviated format for nigeria NIG or NG are

even in US and Britian as people claim they not use worlds like yank or yankee in official cycle and even if they do that does not make it right or wrong

i challenge u poster on this how many times have in heard an American in high position in an official cycle referred to the US as yankee

please reason before u write and nt the other way round

thanks
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by quantize: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2010
i weep for her! if only she had the courage of ngozi okonja-iweala who called it quits when she was politically posted to an area she wasn't comfortable with or competent for,
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kc3000: 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
I would not partake in the Dora bashing, quite frankly I admire the woman. She is an academic of international repute and I've been impressed by her efforts in government. I gave her a lot of credit as others did, when she spoke up against the continued absence of Yar'adua. It took a lot of courage to do that, as no one else in the adminstration was willing to do the right thing, out of fear or selfishness. Her work at NAFDAC speaks for itself.
   Moreover, her statement on the use of Naija may be misguided but it was with good intentions. I agree that she is not in her true element as a minister for information, but this is not a position that rigidly requires any particular qualifications. There are too many devils in Nigeria for me to waste my time bashing a woman that has rendered meaningful service to the country.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by aikokoro: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2010
WTF! can't these govt people be serious for once? angry
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
osifred:

the only time people outside nigeria use dat word is when they want to say something negative about the country.

even in US and Britian as people claim they not use worlds like yank or yankee in official cycle and even if they do that does not make it right or wrong

i challenge u poster on this how many times have in heard an American in high position in an official cycle referred to the US as yankee

thanks
good point. Nigerians will always complain about everything
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2010
osifred:

i challenge u poster on this[b] how many times have in heard an American in high position in an[/b] official cycle [/b]referred to the US as yankee

thanks

uumm . . . . are you sure you read the article?

Minister of Information and Communication, Prof. Dora Akunyili, [b]made the remarks [size=13pt]while receiving the participants of Heir Apparent Reality Show in her office[/size] in Abuja yesterday.

Akunyili, who frowned on the continuous misrepresentation of the country's official name in place of a “corrupt” version, said: "It is very offensive to call Nigeria ‘Naija’. [size=13pt]We are making plans to write companies to stop using the word Naija.[/size] I have heard that name Naija in adverts. I want them to go back and remove that word.

[size=13pt]  "If anybody says this is Naija, ask the person, 'Where is Naija?' We have to stop this word because it is catching up with the young. If we don't put a stop to its usage now, it will continue to project us wrongly.”[/size]

The minister's condemnation was prompted by a sentence [size=14pt]in the presentation of the visiting group [/size]where “our world is Naija” was inserted.

[size=13pt]Akunyili, who fervently spoke against the use of the word, ordered that the sentence be removed from the programme and changed to “our world is Nigeria”.[/size]

“Naija” is obviously a Nigerianised form of Niger, from where Nigeria derived its name.

The word is popularly used by musicians, artistes, advert managers and corporate companies and it could be positive or negative, although it is being used more positively in recent times.

What OFFICIAL CIRCLE are you referring to there? She was not there referring to official documents or whatever you claim it is there. So, where do you get that from? She was making a general statement there and there is no indication that the VISITING GROUP there is an official group of any kind. I don't understand how a reality show can be considered OFFICIAL in any sense. lol
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by reindeer: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2010
Another huge problem in Nigeria?
BLIND FOLLOWERS.
Oh great Dora, we hail you regardless, thou art spotless and whatsoever thou says is true,correct, infallible
Face it, she's lost her swagg!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
Where is Mikeansy.

I need his opinion on this. Cos we almost had a cyber wrestling during the Dora confirmation saga.

Dora has tasted the forbidden fruit Shame
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2010
Meldrick:

No No No!!!! I think you are the bigger hypocrite. I mean enough of all this bashing. You guys sit from morning till night bashing the individuals like jobless gossips. Enough of talk. If you feel there is something wrong with the Government of the day stand up and try to make a change but no you would prefer to critisize from morning till night.

Talk is so cheap but stand up and make a change. We are fed up with all this criticism besides the big question you should answer is

Have you done better in your own little community?
Have you done any better with the responsibility bestowed on you?
If you were in her shoes will you do better?

Just like the master Jesus said, he who has not sinned should cast the first stone. Iam no fan of Dora but Iam fed up with unnecessary ranting and criticism. Justice Oputa will say'' If evil is rife in our society, if corruption is the order of the day, let us search our individual minds for that is where it all begins''.

****** hissessss and walks out

Thank you bro- most of them cant even rule and govern a home, talkless of being a federal minister. Hypocrites.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kc3000:

I would not partake in the Dora bashing, quite frankly I admire the woman. She is an academic of international repute and I've been impressed by her efforts in government. I gave her a lot of credit as others did, when she spoke up against the continued absence of Yar'adua. It took a lot of courage to do that, as no one else in the adminstration was willing to do the right thing, out of fear or selfishness. Her work at NAFDAC speaks for itself.
   Moreover, her statement on the use of Naija may be misguided but it was with good intentions. I agree that she is not in her true element as a minister for information, but this is not a position that rigidly requires any particular qualifications. There are too many devils in Nigeria for me to waste my time bashing a woman that has rendered meaningful service to the country.

God bless you. You at least are very sensible. The people who speak big grammar and think they have a point are the people who are actually senseless.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2010
quantize:

i weep for her! if only she had the courage of ngozi okonja-iweala who called it quits when she was politically posted to an area she wasn't comfortable with or competent for,

give me one reason why you weep for her? Because you dont like her? Make a point, dont just conclude out of no where and follow the goat eating bandwagon.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by fstranger: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ishit4body, Give it to them hard. One woman army from Gushua, Nigeria
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by taosola(m): 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2010
Up DORA!!! I hope this thread of criticism get the highest page numbers in the forum. Wow, Dora, you are a gem,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! / Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence / 44 Projects Approved For Niger Delta Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.