Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? (8552 Views)

“AIG Mbu’s Critics Rabble Rousers” / Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by nairaman66(m): 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2010
She has recently gone out of touch with key issues that require immediate attention! What if we call Nigeria "Naija"', Has that got anything to do with how she function/work ? Please Dora, why don't you concentrate on our wedding next week tired of being single, I am sure thats a key issue!! If you know what I mean ):,

Jay
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by nairaman66(m): 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2010
[No No No!!!! I think you are the bigger hypocrite. I mean enough of all this bashing. You guys sit from morning till night bashing the individuals like jobless gossips. Enough of talk. If you feel there is something wrong with the Government of the day stand up and try to make a change but no you would prefer to critisize from morning till night.

Talk is so cheap but stand up and make a change. We are fed up with all this criticism besides the big question you should answer is

Have you done better in your own little community?
Have you done any better with the responsibility bestowed on you?
If you were in her shoes will you do better?

Just like the master Jesus said, he who has not sinned should cast the first stone. Iam no fan of Dora but Iam fed up with unnecessary ranting and criticism. Justice Oputa will say'' If evil is rife in our society, if corruption is the order of the day, let us search our individual minds for that is where it all begins''.
[quote][/quote]

Are you OK? I think you are one of those fizzle-handed people who are afraid to "Call a Spade, a Spade" She has not done well on her recent platform period!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by osifred(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2010
Dora is still among the few pple in government that u look up to and say atleast there is stil hope for Nigeria
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by osifred(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

uumm . . . . are you sure you read the article?

What OFFICIAL CIRCLE are you referring to there? She was not there referring to official documents or whatever you claim it is there. So, where do you get that from? She was making a general statement there and there is no indication that the VISITING GROUP there is an official group of any kind. I don't understand how a reality show can be considered OFFICIAL in any sense. lol

yes i read it well

i could have love to respond to the above with all iota of seriousness but your inclusion of lol to d last makes me understand that u r nt serious or was merely joking.
nevertheless offcial is anything that relating to the role of government
a little discretion here b4 i continue

how wil u have felt if dey have use d word bleep in such a visit to a government minister

now from the above statement i want to draw that since u r meeting a government minister your language atleast should be formal among other things expected of you in such a formal cycle. and in this regard they fail to use the appopriate name of the country NIgeria in the present of the minister.

i hope u get ma point.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2010
osifred:

yes i read it well

i could have love to respond to the above with all iota of seriousness but your inclusion of lol to d last makes me understand that u r nt serious or was merely joking.
how wil u have felt if dey have use d word bleep in such a visit to a government minister
now from the above statement i want to draw that since u r meeting a government minister your language atleast should be formal among other things expected of you in such a formal cycle. and in this regard they fail to use the appopriate name of the country NIgeria in the present of the minister.
i hope u get ma point.

Let's not worry about how I feel! Let’s worry first about your misunderstanding what was stated in the article itself and how your response can barely be tied to the reality of the situation.

I am not the one meeting with anyone here. A reality show crew shows up in her office and she goes off on them about using the word NAIJA and not what she prefers, Nigeria. JayZ, Oprah, Legend, Stevie Wonder, Bon Jovi, Steven Tyler etc have been to the white house and each has NEVER had to tone down their persona or even language for that visit.Matter of fact, the white house has out of respect stepped up to 'juege up' the white house for many of those visits. I am not certain what point you want to make in this case since the article informs you that

a) This has nothing to do with just in official circles

b) She is even quoted as saying she will push, with tax payer money, to send this same message to companies( again NON Government entities) in this

It is ok for individuals to have pet peeves but when we go around pushing our view as being the right one, and go as afar as to use her office to push this view, then such a person probably needs to be called  to order.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2010
osifred:

yes i read it well

i hope u get ma point.

Are you new here? arguing with this one? Even if you tell her white is white, she will argue it from now till the end of the world. No point discussing with her or him or whatever it is.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2010
ishit4body:

Are you new here? arguing with this one? Even if you tell her white is white, she will argue it from now till the end of the world. No point discussing with her or him or whatever it is.

Typical Nigerian problem! You call on people to think a bit harder to save their own lives, they turn around and tell you and everyone around that you are the enemy for trying to make them use their heads more often than not.

Believe you me, telling him that will not suddenly make you RIGHT. It only reveals the level of maturity you function at. And insulting me will only go to seal that as your reality. grin
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2010
Osifred.

Didnt i tell you? Argue at your own risk. But at the end of the day, no work done. just argument for argument sake. Use your head Osifred.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Olumogun: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2010
Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, Naija, . . . . . . . . . . . . Naija

Nobody can stop us from calling this great nation NAIJA.
No not even with a with a decree and a sentence attached to it.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by 2bosun: 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2010
No one is bashing or slandering Dora, yea fair enough it seems like a square peg in a round hole situation but at the end of the day she is not performing creditably enough on her current position and thats the plain truth. My (and your) taxes pay her salary so you and I have a right to constructively criticize her if you don't feel she's performing well enough. She was outstanding at NAFDAC! No question about that, I'm in that field so I know how much work has been done to sanitize it. The issue of calling Nigeria "Naija" shouldn't be something she should focus on, writing to companies and all that. I think its a slang the youth use-a cultural thing, I've never heard my parents use it. This is the domain of the tourism and culture minister and not the Minister of Information and Communications. Information and Communication technology is still largely untapped in Nigeria (Internet penetration -still very low)- lots of work to be done in that field, I've never heard Dora say a word about it. The way GEJ handled the Independence bombings- Mrs. Akinyuli is a communication minister, she should be clarifying those gaffes GEJ made and communicating and informing the public what he meant and NOT TELLING US WHAT SLANGS TO USE!! What happened to freedom of speech!!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by fishaboi(m): 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2010
let's not forget that our country was named by Lugard's chick
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 19, 2010
I found out that many ppl dont just have work neither do they have any meaningful thing to say/do. Yet, they want to engage other reasonable and hardworking individuals.
@kubojunke, you have no point in all the space you were wasting on this thread. I was reading every dam'd thing you were replying to know when u'd make a point but, u could'nt. Everything is not all about speaking good english. You can speak queens english from now till 2mrw without making sense. Somebody was asking you what the woman did wrong, rather than answering the question, you were busy trwn tantrums and abuses. No wonder how you got your 18363 posts on Nl. Somebody like u and the poster is our problem. U just sit in Columbus,behind ur pc,from morning to night, looking for busy ppl to criticise and abuse. Akunyili of a woman had done her own part,which has been appraised and acknowledged. What have u done for urself? What have u done for Nigeria? I dont know ur age but, if add another 200yrs to ur age, u would find it difficul bringing ur cv close to Akunyilis.
The post they have her is not where she's supposed to be. She did very well as a NAFDAC chairman. Put her in a related position and she would surprice u.
As 4 ur Naija problem. Naija is unofficial. No govt official can go abroad and say he/she is representing Naija. Next time u r going for an interview,tell them u are from Naija. No body would be taking serious, using Naija on a formal level, dont hope to spend time on this thread. I will allow u to have fun, out!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by mrofficial(m): 1:52am On Nov 19, 2010
The S.T.U-PID Dora should be ruing the day she asked the question "What is Naija?"

She better come back and apologise on this one, cos she has woefully lost.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oloshi dora, you won become another lord luggard, whatever.  what da f[i]u[/i]ck are you?  grin
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by lyfe(m): 2:56am On Nov 19, 2010
She must be high one of those fake drugs to say such Naija is our pet name for Nigeria, Simple.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by reindeer: 3:21am On Nov 19, 2010
NAIJA for life! grin grin grin grin grin
Where's Dora and her minions?Fake folks!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by lastpage: 3:23am On Nov 19, 2010
Until l "read" her reasons for saying we can not refer to Nigeria as "Naija", in our local parlance and "down-town" manner, l will hold my tongue.
They call America, "Amee", they call Britain "Britico or Ilu-nla", Italy, "Italo", and there is Germani, Pakky (Pakistan), e.t.c
Why should Nigeria not have a "pet" name, one that is not even derogatory at that?

Having said that, like the poster  observed she started-out brilliantly until she couldn't say 'NO' to that "Information Minister portfolio"!
To me, l dont feel her greatest strength was being another "just-say-as-we-told-you" Minister.
She has too much "individualism" in her character ab-initio, she is bound to trip over.

And then, l think her personal "Political Ambition" is now her motivating factor, so much so she is ready to "do/ say anything".

She was "powerful enough" as an academic, as NAFDAC D.G, as a Professor, even as a Minister!

I dont know what becoming a Governor will add to that except she wants to follow or thrash it out in Anambra, with former CBN Governor (Soludo, who suddenly became one of the wealthiest Professors around, after his stint as CBN head, even though he has been a Professor all these years!  angry Goes to show what Government job is all about  wink)

I admire her a lot, and l dont admire people that much!
I "love" her and wish she would not keep going this way. Honestly, she is one of the few people in Government l admire and respect deeply.
Ribadu is another, despite his weaknesses, under Obasanjo's overbearing influence.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by styles2009: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2010
The name Nigeria has it's place in the dictionary of crime worldwide, that why fellow Nigerians quickly adopted the name "NAIJA" cos they don't want to be associated with the criminal nation.

These days people ask me, Where are you from ,i tell them [b]Naija [/b]cos telling them Nigeria would mean, Scam,419 and recently Kidnappers!

So let adopt the word NAIJA
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Diligence: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2010
Please note once again, it's Nigeria, not Naija.  Simply stupid and brainless  comments making the rounds here!  What do u know about IDENTITY.  Learn and grow up!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2010
--- these kind of rants from people who have vowed never to have anything to do with Nigeria. How come you care what anyone says then?
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by tellwisdom: 10:27am On Nov 19, 2010
Dora Akunyili criticizes the use of Naija for Nigeria, Wht could be wrong with the use of Naijaaa?? Now i knw, insanity doesnt end in psychriatric Hospitals!! Fool, after she don send her children to america to go school, she com here dey open her dirty, stinking mouth dey talk irrelevanties!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by lookwonder: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2010
the poster should be rephrased thus "what has Dora Akunyili done to herself"
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by kg(f): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2010
I love Dora but I can't deny the fact that since she became Information and Communication Minister she has not had much impact and she is gradually eroding the confidence that people once had in her. If she could listen to the cry of the people, especially the youths maybe then she will know what to address.

Naija forever!!! 9ja for live!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by oge4real(f): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
I am really disappointed in Madam's recent behaviour. Maybe the job has become too boring for her.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by daroz(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
the source of the problem is very clear, putting round peg in square hole. what is she doing in the information ministry? she is just trying to be heard and appear relevent in the office she is suppose to have no business with. she should return to her 1st love, health matters
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by upc: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
why we nairalanders never think how to create something rather is only to critisize whoever that made a speach. I never see you people commend somebody, you only talk against every leader as if you people enter there, you will do better than them.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by SABalogun: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
whether naija or nigeria, understanding lo matter.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by nairaman66(m): 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2010
SA Balogun:

Please note once again, it's Nigeria, not Naija. Simply silly and brainless comments making the rounds here! What do u know about IDENTITY. Learn and grow up!

Sh, ut up! Dora's house-boy, Since you don't have a pet name are we to blame for your dysfunctional childhood? Mr Identity, You were trying to gain cheap popularity here, Go to bed!

Jay
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by nairaman66(m): 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
n
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by nairaman66(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
a
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by nairaman66(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
i
j
a

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Is Tinubu Going To Be Probed? Check Out His Oriental Hotel: / PDP Governors To Meet In Enugu On Sunday / Tradermoni Beneficiaries In The North West Share Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.