Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor (17649 Views)

Ezekwesili Knocks Al-makura Over Alleged Assault On Woman / Photo Of Alleged PDP Dollars; PDP Dismisses Allegation / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 23, 2010
Most of you guys have never interacted with men of the Nigeria police force in real life street situations before.

Her ranting was the only reason they gave her audience. If she had not ranted they would have just driven off! Or worse she would have received a beating for not 'giving way' And stop saying they 'dealt with her' as if their handling of the matter is anything to be proud of!

Her 'ranting' coupled with her celebrity ensured she's likely going to get some form of justice eventually. If she hadn't been a celebrity she would definitely be laid up on a hospital bed up until now. Or lying cold & naked in a morgue shocked
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by IBEXY(m): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2010
Its a pity citizens have to act all that aggression to get justice in naija.  sad

Police is not above the law! Your being a uniformed man does not rule you out of settlement when you hit a car from behind (like I saw in the video). This is a fundamental issue that should be addressed by the government. Uniformed personnels are not above the law.

Some people here asked where in the video she was assaulted. Does assault need to be physical before it registers? Did we not hear the officer abuse her verbally. Assault, for crying out loud, can be physical, verbal etc What about the disruption in her life brought about by the police crashing into her car? She could have missed a crucial appointment leading to loss of income as a result of the fracas.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2010
IBEXY:

Its a pity citizens have to act all that aggression to get justice in naija.  sad

Police is not above the law! Your being a uniformed man does not rule you out of settlement when you hit a car from behind (like I saw in the video). This is a fundamental issue that should be addressed by the government. Uniformed personnels are not above the law.

Some people here asked where in the video she was assaulted. Does assault need to be physical before it registers? Did we not hear the officer abuse her verbally. Assault, for crying out loud, can be physical, verbal etc What about the disruption in her life brought about by the police crashing into her car? She could have missed a crucial appointment leading to loss of income as a result of the fracas.

This is the legacy of all those decades Nigeria spent in the thrall of military men. Any illiterate with a uniform & a gun now believes he has license to kill unarmed civilians and walk free! I keep saying it, this country can never move an inch forward until the police and the judiciary are reformed!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 11:34am On Nov 23, 2010
ziddy:

Most of you guys have never interacted with men of the Nigeria police force in real life street situations before.

Her ranting was the only reason they gave her audience. If she had not ranted they would have just driven off! Or worse she would have received a beating for not 'giving way' And stop saying they 'dealt with her' as if their handling of the matter is anything to be proud of!

Her 'ranting' coupled with her celebrity ensured she's likely going to get some form of justice eventually. If she hadn't been a celebrity she would definitely be laid up on a hospital bed up until now. Or lying cold & unclothed in a morgue  shocked

LIES !!!!

Her ranting probably earned her the beating but her celebrity probably ensured she did not get all bloodied up as is the norm with cases of people who have in the past tried to tackle armed police officers in much the same way.

I have been in my own police weave in the past and I didn't need to raise my voice or THREATEN policemen to get my point or case across. Matter of fact, like this lady, I had to take my case to court to get justice. So, I see no logic in trying to LIE to people to RAISING YOUR VOICE will spare you injustice. She did and supposedly got treated like an animal, so what is your point?

There is no evidence to support this idea that to get justice, you need to act like a deranged animal and stoop to unlawful acts such as THREATENING security officials. This is false baseless thinking and we do not need to spread this lie.

And let no imbe-cile come back accusing me of claiming the police were right then in this, cause I find such conclusion imbeci-lic at best!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

LIES !!!!

Her ranting probably earned her the beating but her celebrity probably ensured she did not get all bloodied up as is the norm with cases of people who have in the past tried to tackle armed police officers in much the same way.

I have been in my own police weave in the past and I didn't need to raise my voice or THREATEN policemen to get my point or case across. Matter of fact, like this lady, I had to take my case to court to get justice. So, I see no logic in trying to LIE to people to RAISING YOUR VOICE will spare you injustice. She did and supposedly got treated like an animal, so what is your point?

There is no evidence to support this idea that to get justice, you need to act like a deranged animal and stoop to unlawful acts such as THREATENING security officials. This is false baseless thinking and we do not need to spread this lie.

And let no imbe-cile come back accusing me of claiming the police were right then in this, cause I find such conclusion imbeci-lic at best!

I seriously doubt you got any form of justice anywhere. If you're passive in your dealings with Nigerian policemen (who are mostly animals in human skin) they just take it for weakness & walk all over you. You have to be brash (to a reasonable extent). She could afford to go overboard cos she had celebrity on her side. And that's just what she did. I personally wouldn't go as far as that cos am no celebrity grin but thumbs up to her still. We can't continue to apply strict western standards of behaviour to the Nigerian environment that's one of the reasons why we're a nation of pussies, eternally unable to speak out for our rights.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2010
ziddy:

I seriously doubt you got any form of justice anywhere. If you're passive in your dealings with Nigerian policemen (who are mostly animals in human skin) they just take it for weakness & walk all over you. You have to be brash (to a reasonable extent). She could afford to go overboard cos she had celebrity on her side. And that's just what she did. I personally wouldn't go as far as that cos am no celebrity grin but thumbs up to her still. We can't continue to apply strict western standards of behaviour to the Nigerian environment that's one of the reasons why we're a nation of pussies, eternally unable to speak out for our rights.

I don't think you have any clue how things work in Nigeria, let alone Lagos, if you think acting out, especially in a violent manner, is the way to get justice in Nigeria or anywhere else on this planet.

You do not have to be a wiz to realize that it is not the case. Go look at the lives of those who live in Nigeria with you -- consider the middle class, many of whom live and work in the same Nigeria, and almost always seem live above all the quagmire and chaos. These people have to deal with the same police you claim are all animals in human skin, but somehow you almost sense that these police officers have some level of respect for this class of citizens. Not necessarily is it the case that all in this class are rich or even quick to bribe the policemen(I doubt many in this group even stoop that low), NO! It is just that they have learnt that violence and unruly behaviour never gets you anywhere, even in Nigeria.

Your woman there is a celebrity BUT that did not stop her getting beaten, or manhandled. She did not get the beating right after her car was bashed, but I am guessing she got it probably after she opened her mouth and starting acting unlawfully, to incite the men or something. Not sure what she hoped to accomplish with that anyways.

About your claim of strict western standards of behavior, I can immediately tell there that you have no clue what you are yapping about there. First off, there has really been no time in our history when he we have ever applied strict western standards of behavior in the Nigerian environment. Remember the Buhari regime and how Nigerians, in the thousands, had to be subjected to beatings and disciplinary actions to TAME THE NIGERIAN ANIMAL -- to get people to learn to act civilly? If you do not, I suggest you go research WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE to learn what measures applied back then and why.

The Nigerian problem remains one of people and leaders acting unlawfully, each party somehow magically expecting to get an upper hand in this somehow. Not until at least one side starts learning to apply the law, which is the same obtained in most other civil societies out there, will we make headway in this fight to protect the future for our children.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don't think you have any clue how things work in Nigeria, let alone Lagos, if you think acting out, especially in a violent manner, is the way to get justice in Nigeria or anywhere else on this planet.

You do not have to be a wiz to realize that it is not the case. Go look at the lives of those who live in Nigeria with you -- consider the middle class, many of whom live and work in the same Nigeria, and almost always seem live above all the quagmire and chaos. These people have to deal with the same police you claim are all animals in human skin, but somehow you almost sense that these police officers have some level of respect for this class of citizens. Not necessarily is it the case that all in this class are rich or even quick to bribe the policemen(I doubt many in this group even stoop that low), NO! It is just that they have learnt that violence and unruly behaviour never gets you anywhere, even in Nigeria.

Your woman there is a celebrity BUT that did not stop her getting beaten, or manhandled. She did not get the beating right after her car was bashed, but I am guessing she got it probably after she opened her mouth and starting acting unlawfully, to incite the men or something. Not sure what she hoped to accomplish with that anyways.

About your claim of strict western standards of behavior, I can immediately tell there that you have no clue what you are yapping about there. First off, there has really been no time in our history when he we have ever applied strict western standards of behavior in the Nigerian environment. Remember the Buhari regime and how Nigerians, in the thousands, had to be subjected to beatings and disciplinary actions to TAME THE NIGERIAN ANIMAL -- to get people to learn to act civilly? If you do not, I suggest you go research WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE to learn what measures applied back then and why.

The Nigerian problem remains one of people and leaders acting unlawfully, each party somehow magically expecting to get an upper hand in this somehow. Not until at least one side starts learning to apply the law, which is the same obtained in most other civil societies out there, will we make headway in this fight to protect the future for our children.

What 'Nigerian Animal?' Buhari regime was one of the most repressive, animalistic & bloodthirsty in the history of this country yet someone as naive as you are has the nerve to come on here and argue that Nigerians have to be beaten to tame the animal in them. Maybe you're the real animal, wtf!

No wonder you guys are rooting for the cops as they continually brutalize unarmed civilians.

I don't need to look at anybody's lives, I live here in this Lagos and I assure you, nobody lives above the chaos except the political class and the servicemen themselves. Just thank God your day is not yet here if you think a policeman has respect for anybody except the ruling class. Policemen actually beg for money (before their checkpoints were scrapped) but as a matter of policy I, for one, never give them because am always cognizant of the fact that they're dangerous illiterates who don't deserve any handouts from me.

Have you ever been arrested?? lol you think they have respect for you, upper middle class madam. Wait till you see the inside of police station grin
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2010
ziddy:

What 'Nigerian Animal?' Buhari regime was one of the most repressive, animalistic & bloodthirsty in the history of this country yet someone as naive as you are has the nerve to come on here and argue that Nigerians have to be beaten to tame the animal in them. M[b]aybe you're the real animal, wtf![/b]

No wonder you guys are rooting for the cops as they continually brutalize unarmed civilians.

I don't need to look at anybody's lives, I live here in this Lagos and I assure you, nobody lives above the chaos except the political class and the servicemen themselves. Just thank God your day is not yet here if you think a policeman has respect for anybody except the ruling class. Policemen actually beg for money (before their checkpoints were scrapped) but as a matter of policy I, for one, never give them because am always cognizant of the fact that they're dangerous illiterates who don't deserve any handouts from me.

Have you [/b]ever been arrested?? lol you think they have respect for you, upper middle class madam. [b]Wait till you see the inside of police station  grin

I said it . . . . some imbecil_e will come in to twist what is being said on it's head!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2010
The crux of your imbecilic argument is that the police were justified in beating her up because she 'acted unlawfully' isn't it? grin
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I said it . . . . some imbecil_e will come in to twist what is being said on it's head!

Funny you say that as that was the exact feeling I get whenever I read your response to posts (your style of quoting people's posts, highlighting a few lines/sentences and making your argument below the quoted post).

I personally feel you do the same (twist what is being said on it's head), but hey each to his own. I wouldn't call you an imbecil_e for doing that would I?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2010
silentc:

Funny you say that as that was the exact feeling I get whenever I read your response to posts (your style of quoting people's posts, highlighting a few lines/sentences and making your argument below the quoted post).

I personally feel you do the same (twist what is being said on it's head), but hey each to his own. I wouldn't call you an imbecil_e for doing that would I?

Whatever makes you feel happy with your style there . . . I am good.

I don't remember MISquoting you to this point, unless you can show where. Posting a response does not make one's response imbecil-ic, jumping to conclusions that have no bearing to what was posted does.

I have asked you numerous QUESTIONS on your own posts but yet a single answer. I still wonder if you understand that asking questions IS NOT same as jumping to baseless conclusions. However you have been quick to tell me how I think, something I have come to accept is the norm with folks like you too.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
ziddy:

The crux of your imbecilic argument is that the police were justified in beating her up because she 'acted unlawfully' isn't it? grin
Really you know deep down that you are just arguing for the sake of it. If you were to sit down and reflect you would realise that ALL Kobojunkie's points are watertight.
And yes, we all have had dealings with the NPF at one time or the other so no need of bringing up that strawman argument.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Organised Labour Absent At Fg's Reconciliatory Meeting / APC Convention: Buhari Consults Tinubu, Akande And Other Founding Members / Trouble Looms In NAICOM Over Purchase Of N4bn Uncompleted Office Building As New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.