Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor (17655 Views)

Ezekwesili Knocks Al-makura Over Alleged Assault On Woman / Photo Of Alleged PDP Dollars; PDP Dismisses Allegation / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2010
Siena:

David, I too lived in Nigeria, and I'm speaking from what I've witnessed personally, not just video clips. Everyone's entitled to pass opinion based on what they've seen. Your own experiences in Nigeria may not mirror mine.

Yes, in the US, Ufuoma would have been arrested, slung in a cell to cool her heels. But I doubt the altercation that led to the whole sorry fiasco, would have taken place in the States. The NPF have a lot to learn, in terms of Public Relations, as well as being Law Enforcement Officers.

But let's assume for one minute that this happened here i the United states(there are some reported cases of police brutality out there), would it make sense for ANYONE to act out in such a manner as this lady though? What do we know that has happened in the past to those who launched into a tirade of some sort when attacked by 'dirty' policemen even here in America? I think that is one question that will help people separate sentiments from reality in this.

I am certain it has yet to work for anyone here in the United states. Why would anyone, in his right mind, then attempt to do just that in a place you and many others consider to be a jungle where the policemen, in the majority, believe they are gods over the people? Why would such a behavior be encouraged in that jungle when it does not even work here in the US or any other civil society out there?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by fstranger: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But let's assume for one minute that this happened here i the United states(there are some reported cases of police brutality out there), would it make sense for ANYONE to act out in such a manner as this lady though? What do we know that has happened in the past to those who launched into a tirade of some sort when attacked by 'dirty' policemen even here in America? I think that is the question that has yet been answered here.

Why don't you stay on point with the focus of the topic. This is not America! THIS IS NAIJA, OUR OWN NIGERIA. Americans are pussies, let them do whatever they want. As far as I am concerned, she did the right thing, given the circumstance.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
fstranger:

Why don't you stay on point with the focus of the topic. This is not America! THIS IS NAIJA, OUR OWN NIGERIA. Americans are pussies, let them do whatever they want. As far as I am concerned, she did the right thing, given the circumstance.

If you have nothing to offer in this, it is ok to sign off at this point and let those who have a better understanding of how things work continue with the conversation.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by fstranger: 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2010
^^ The problem here is with you, who, despite calls to end this argument, have continued to run your mouth senselessly and out of point. It is time you called it a day and go make some money. It is obvious to everyone, but you, that your naive POV is  both idiotic and impracticable. So it is time you stopped posting on this thread for courtesy sake, before you are disgracefully kicked-off of it.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2010
fstranger:

^^ The problem here is with you, who, despite calls to end this argument, have continued to run your mouth senselessly and out of point. It is time you called it a day and go make some money. It is obvious to everyone, but you, that your naive POV is both idiotic and impracticable. So it is time you stop posting on this thread for courtesy sake, before you are disgracefully kicked-off of it.

A word is enough for the wise

Again
Kobojunkie:

If you have nothing to offer in this, it is ok to sign off at this point and let those who have a better understanding of how things work continue with the conversation.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by fstranger: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2010
Suit your self.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2010
^^^ says the same person who, for the most part,pretended to care that a woman was supposedly manhandled in this case. Nigerians, ehn!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2010
We only saw an edited video which was recorded by someone who was most likely from the politician's entourage. Also her phone was taken from her, so we cant see this story from her point of view.

Also we saw video of the woman shouting and we assumed she was shouting and screaming from start to finish in the whole saga? Was she shouting before she was beaten and manhandled? I don't think so. She started screaming after being beaten etc. The police can restrain and handcuff anyone who they want to arrest. Why wasn't she handcuffed and arrested?

Do we weigh up a scenario in which the police or anyone beats up a woman versus a woman screaming and shouting after being beaten and conclude that the woman screaming is more of an issue to discuss?

One thing I know about life is that experience changes views/opinions. Just because you have never experienced this doesn't mean other people do not experience it on a daily basis.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by spikedcylinder: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2010
silentc:

We only saw an edited video which was recorded by someone who was most likely from the politician's entourage. Also her phone was taken from her, so we cant see this story from her point of view.

Also we saw video of the woman shouting and we assumed she was shouting and screaming from start to finish in the whole saga? Was she shouting before she was beaten and manhandled? I don't think so. She started screaming after being beaten etc. The police can restrain and handcuff anyone who they want to arrest. Why wasn't she handcuffed and arrested?

Do we weigh up a scenario in which the police or anyone beats up a woman versus a woman screaming and shouting after being beaten and conclude that the woman screaming is more of an issue to discuss?

One thing I know about life is that experience changes views/opinions. Just because you have never experienced this doesn't mean other people do not experience it on a daily basis.

Full stop.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
silentc:

But therein lies the problem with your argument so far. You never saw this woman actually assaulted in anyway . . . you never saw her phone taken from her, how can you then claim to understand her point of view? For all we know she has probably has no clue that the official whose motorcade she ran into, was against the law. How can you claim, without actually witnessing the claimed assault or taking of her property, that she was courageous. How can you link A to B? All you saw as well was the video of a woman screaming and threatening at the top of her lungs. So  again, why would you say that is acceptable behavior?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But therein lies the problem with your argument so far. You never saw this woman actually assaulted in anyway . . . you never saw her phone taken from her, how can you then claim to understand her point of view? For all we know she has probably has no clue that the official whose motorcade she ran into, was against the law. How can you claim, without actually witnessing the claimed assault or taking of her property, that she was courageous. How can you link A to B? All you saw as well was the video of a woman screaming and threatening at the top of her lungs. So  again, why would you say that is acceptable behavior?

My summary of this whole conversation is that our experiences define our views in life. This is my personal opinion.

What point are you trying to make here? You don't agree with her shouting and screaming. What does that have anything to do with whether or not I saw the assault? Let us stick to the basis of our viewpoints. It is all deduction based on context. If (and i stress that this is for illustrative purposes) you walked into a room and a 5 year old turns around quickly and puts his hand behind him. Would you suspect that this kid is trying to hide something from you? Do you to see evidence to agree he has been up to no good? It is all contextual. Based on what I saw and what she was screaming about, I put the context together to form an opinion.

I guess you saw a "wild agbero woman" in her screaming, I saw a woman who was expressing herself after being assaulted in the only way she knows. Like i summarized in my last post, our different experiences in life has allowed us to arrive at different opinions from the same situation.

Also I never personally said she was courageous. I said I understand her behaviour and wont judge he for it. There is a difference.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2010
silentc:

I guess you saw a "wild agbero woman" in her screaming, I saw a woman who was expressing herself after being assaulted in the only way she knows. Like i summarized in my last post, our different experiences in life has allowed us to arrive at different opinions from the same situation.

Also I never personally said she was courageous. I said I understand her behaviour and wont judge he for it. There is a difference.

Steady on there Silent guy. Where in the video did you see that she was assaulted No, it is not unreasonable for a woman to shout and scream after being assaulted so I don't know why you brought that up. Is that not a mere assumption.
Is that what we have been saying here
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2010
Fair point Tensor

But like i mentioned to Kobojunkie, it is all contextual and based on what I saw and the context I made a conclusion that she was beaten up.

Is the argument that she wasn't or she was screaming after being beaten up?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2010
silentc:

Fair point Tensor

But like i mentioned to Kobojunkie, it is all contextual and based on what I saw and the context I made a conclusion that she was beaten up.

Where and when was she beaten up?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2010
silentc:

Fair point Tensor

Well that's not what we are saying at all. You think anyone would castigate this woman for reacting to being assaulted?
We are saying she was arrested and dealt with AFTER her tantrums.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2010
while we have no evidence to prove that she was arrested and dealt with before or after her tantrums (as the video doesn't clarify this), we cannot then deliberate on the issue but make conclusions based on what we think happened which is aligned to our point of view in life.

Anyway, let us agree to disagree on this one. Each to his own.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 21, 2010
angry
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by miksonics(m): 1:14am On Nov 22, 2010
too much war and causing in nairaland, am tire of reading these post, what are the moderators doing, bann any body that go against the rules of the forum, even in nairaland where there is no goverment interference there still of a lot racism and tribal war,God help us.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Nov 22, 2010
silentc:

My summary of this whole conversation is that our experiences define our views in life. This is my personal opinion.

What point are you trying to make here?
I was actually trying to get you to realize you were doing exactly what you accused others of doing here – essentially basing your conclusions on unsubstantiated assumptions. No where in the video do we actually see the lady get out of her car. Matter of fact, she had a cell phone at the end so how sure are you that her cell phone was taken from her? How certain are you the police actually laid hands on her?

silentc:

You don't agree with her shouting and screaming. What does that have anything to do with whether or not I saw the assault?
It has everything to do with this.  You claimed by shouting and screaming, she was essentially STANDING UP against the “man” I say BULL!

silentc:

Let us stick to the basis of our viewpoints. It is all deduction based on context. If (and i stress that this is for illustrative purposes) you walked into a room and a 5 year old turns around quickly and puts his hand behind him. Would you suspect that this kid is trying to hide something from you? Do you to see evidence to agree he has been up to no good? It is all contextual. Based on what I saw and what she was screaming about, I put the context together to form an opinion.

This is a GROWN WOMAN( OVER 20 and MARRIED) not a 5 year old! Please go back and watch the video again. When her car was hit in the beginning, she THREATENED THE COPS. No one should do that.  Imagine a woman shouting at the police “You will hit my car and go?  . . . .  you jam badluck”. Come on, that is uncalled for and I won’t be surprised if after that she got a beating from the same cops cause it almost seemed like she was asking for it . . .lol!! Not that I am saying that she deserved it but you do not go out to start a fight you are unable to handle.

silentc:

Yet you said earlier that the screaming and shouting did not matter? Please make up your mind already. I saw an ADULT throwing a  TANTRUM while surrounded by ARMED NIGERIAN policemen who also have a reputation of beating their victims to a pulp when they deem fit.

If we wouldn’t condone such a behavior in the civilized world, why would anyone deem it ACCEPTABLE/PRAISEWORTHY behavior in a LAWLESS jungle like Nigeria? If there were no cameras around and a bullet from one of those police officers had silenced this woman, would we still be here calling for others to do the same?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by carnal: 7:09am On Nov 22, 2010
I have taken my time to read the responses of almost everyone on these thread, i want to say specifically dat we all hv a point in one way or the other,personally i was tempted to draw a conclusion last week but something held me back to actually dig further and see her so called side of the story alas silverbird tv helped out last nite,silverbirdtv was able to prove to its viewes on its 7p.m news bulletin that the video makin the rounds from the lagos speaker end was doctored,according to ufuoma's lawyer they had a chap who recorded d incident for as much 49mins(still searching the web for d video) both video were played side by side by silverbird and that way i drew my conclusion,she was actually beaten infact the while the second tape was rolling i saw instances where the security details attached to d speaker chased other ppl who had their cameras rolling,d second recordin was way different from wat we hv been seein around.ufuoma's lawyer told silverbirdtv dat de have about 12 witnesses who are ready to testify in court against d speaker,who had different recordin btw point A and point B.
one thing i kn for sure is dat ufuoma's outrage will not work in a society where law and order functions but in 9ja her attitude will work (thou am not in support of her outrage) but without dis outrage definately her story could hv been swept under.can we take our minds back to d issue of d naval officer who beat up a gurl on d island and even strip her naked(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191814.96.html)?dat stori came to light jus because someone did a good recording and got it on CNN i-report,will any of us feel better if our loved once gets beaten in dis manner and even striped naked lik d naval rating case?let us cast our mind back again to anoda naval rating who also beat up a guy in portharcourt (http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010281531931)
let us endeavour to find out the other side of such stories in the future b4 drawing conclusion and in whatever we do let us try as much as possible to avoid such drama with any the nigeria security agencies. this is my take.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2010
carnal:

I have taken my time to read the responses of almost everyone on these thread, i want to say specifically dat we all hv a point in one way or the other,personally i was kn for sure is dat ufuoma's outrage will not work in a society where law and order functions[b] but in 9ja her attitude will work [/b] (thou am not in support of her outrage) but without dis outrage definately her story could hv been swept under.can we take our minds back to d issue of d naval officer who beat up a gurl on d island and even
That is a very very dangerous conclusion to draw from an edited clip. No that her road rage - for that is what it was- did not work and will never work against armed police in Nigeria.
I know some section of the populace take pride in displaying stubborness but this was just too much.
Maybe you should just have kept quiet. undecided
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2010
^^
Her attitude worked for her because she's a celebrity that's all. And she knew it, that's why she had so much confidence & made so much noise. If the Supol had not recognized her as a popular face the police would most definitely have framed her as being the wrong party, they would have made her repair the police vehicle that damaged her jeep, after all the humiliation, lol. Or at best they just arrogantly drive off and leave her feeling less than a human being. Nigeria is a Vision of Hell shocked

A lot of people here are so disconnected from the reality on ground in Nigeria. How many of you people condemning her have ever been arrested in this country before? How many of you have seen the inside of a police cell, or even the back of the counter, in this country?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
DRAMA continues to unfold; I ask again, I thought this thread had died a painful death eh?

I guess this thread jammed its own bad luck that its sure don't wanna die, wanna stay hanging for a while wink
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kilode1: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
carnal:

I have taken my time to read the responses of almost everyone on these thread, i want to say specifically dat we all hv a point in one way or the other,personally i was tempted to draw a conclusion last week but something held me back to actually dig further and see her so called side of the story alas silverbird tv helped out last nite,silverbirdtv was able to prove to its viewes on its 7p.m news bulletin that the video makin the rounds from the lagos speaker end was doctored,according to ufuoma's lawyer they had a chap who recorded d incident for as much 49mins(still searching the web for d video) both video were played side by side by silverbird and that way i drew my conclusion,she was actually beaten infact the while the second tape was rolling i saw instances where the security details attached to d speaker chased other ppl who had their cameras rolling,d second recordin was way different from wat we hv been seein around.ufuoma's lawyer told silverbirdtv dat de have about 12 witnesses who are ready to testify in court against d speaker,who had different recordin btw point A and point B.
one thing i kn for sure is dat ufuoma's outrage will not work in a society where law and order functions but in 9ja her attitude will work (thou am not in support of her outrage) but without dis outrage definately her story could hv been swept under.can we take our minds back to d issue of d naval officer who beat up a gurl on d island and even strip her unclothed(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191814.96.html)?dat stori came to light jus because someone did a good recording and got it on CNN i-report,will any of us feel better if our loved once gets beaten in dis manner and even striped unclothed lik d naval rating case?let us cast our mind back again to anoda naval rating who also beat up a guy in portharcourt (http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010281531931)
let us endeavour to find out the other side of such stories in the future b4 drawing conclusion and in whatever we do let us try as much as possible to avoid such drama with any the nigeria security agencies. this is my take.

Please post the video or a link to it when you find it.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2010
ziddy:

^^
Her attitude worked for her because she's a celebrity that's all. And she knew it, that's why she had so much confidence & made so much noise. If the Supol had not recognized her as a popular face the police would most definitely have framed her as being the wrong party, they would have made her repair the police vehicle that damaged her jeep, after all the humiliation, lol. Or at best they just arrogantly drive off and leave her feeling less than a human being. Nigeria is a Vision of Hell shocked
Ultimately you can believe anything you want but it does not change reality. She was arrested and dealt with afterwards, as a matter of fact ,so you are just drawing unwarranted conclusions from a misguidedly police edited clip, as far as it fits in with prevailing beliefs in Nigeria that you must act like an Agbero to get your way with law enforcement officers.
That is a very very dangerous if not fatal position to take.
The police made 2 mistakes here. The first was not immediately putting her under arrest when she persisted with her tantrums and the second was in deciding to edit the clip in the hope of potraying themselves as good reasonable officers.
That has backfired as many people here have twisted it to seem as if the police were cowed () by her talking!!!
That of course is just hogwash and a load of nonsense.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by londoner: 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
If the video was not doctored what happened at 57 seconds into the tape? A car can not go from the road to being over a gutter on its own. If the vid was not edited we would have seen how the car got there, would we not?

Was that the case from a few seconds into the recording ?

The answer is NO.

They beat that woman I believe, she was shouting because they crashed into her car, then they beat her and took her phone, simple.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2010
londoner:

If the video was not doctored what happened at 57 seconds into the tape? A car can not go from the road to being over a gutter on its own. If the vid was not edited we would have seen how the car got there, would we not?

Was that the case from a few seconds into the recording ?

The answer is NO.

They beat that woman I believe, she was shouting because they crashed into her car, then they beat her and took her phone, simple.
Look we are saying the same thing. Her car was hit by the police convoy which caused her to lose her cool and start raging at the police. It was when she refused to heed police entreaties to control herself that she was arrested and dealt with.
The point is that the edited clip does not show either the convoy swiping her car or her arrest.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by londoner: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2010
@Tensor, look at the video again. HOW DID HER CAR GET FROM WHERE IT WAS FROM 2 SECONDS IN TO WHERE IT ENDED UP AT 57 SECONDS?

MORE IMPORTANTLY IF THE VIDEO WAS NOT EDITED HOW COME IT IS NOT SHOWN ON THE VID?

My point is that what was esited out was the beating and the stealing of the phone, simple. If that is what you mean by "dealt with" then we are saying the same thing.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2010
londoner:

@Tensor, look at the video again. HOW DID HER CAR GET FROM WHERE IT WAS FROM 2 SECONDS IN TO WHERE IT ENDED UP AT 57 SECONDS?

MORE IMPORTANTLY IF THE VIDEO WAS NOT EDITED HOW COME IT IS NOT SHOWN ON THE VID?

My point is that what was esited out was the beating and the stealing of the phone, simple. If that is what you mean by "dealt with" then we are saying the same thing.

May I suggest you look at the video again. Watch the part where we initially learn that her car has been hit and how she launches into a tirade, even going as far as to threaten police officers. This portion of the video I believe must have come before the claimed beatings and stealing of her phone. Forget about the missing portions of the tape, most of which comes after that point. Now, do you see what people see?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2010
londoner:

We are totally saying the whole thing.
Anyway cops  are notorious for tampering with evidence and covering things up. There was a sequence to the whole affair

1)Her driving along the road.
2)The siren heralded convoy appears and one of the police escort vehicles swipes her jeep.
3)She then gets out and starts raging at the police.
4)The police plead with her to calm down to no avail.
5)She is then arrested and seriously dealt with.
6)The police confiscate her phone and present an edited or doctored clip to the MEDIA.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by londoner: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2010
Oh I see what most are saying here, because she was shouting and screaming it was right for her to be beaten, sorry "dealt with" and her phone stolen, sorry "confiscated".

Its a reflection of the low standards of the Nigerian police, they simply did not want to have on camera them beating her and stealing her phone, simple.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2010
londoner:

Oh I see what most are saying here, because she was shouting and screaming it was right for her to be beaten, sorry "dealt with" and her phone stolen, sorry "confiscated".

Its a reflection of the low standards of the Nigerian police, they simply did not want to have on camera them beating her and stealing her phone, simple.

That is a very stu-pid conclusion there, especially for your person. You are told to review the video by putting sentiments aside to see where the lady herself may have not done things right and you come up with the above?

The Low standards here cuts both ways. You do not threaten a man with a packed weapon, let alone a police officer. That is why we have the courts to fight our fights for us in civil societies as well as the jungles in Nigeria. Gosh!! Yes the police has no right to beat anyone and we get that. But the video also shows the woman doing something that she ought not to have done. That act is unlawful and pointing it out does not in anyway imply the police was just to beat her as she claims was the case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos / Nigerians’ll Starve To Death By 2050, If… —presidency / Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.