Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,653 members, 7,851,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group (43878 Views)

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos) / Chisom Promise Dike Rejects Wike’s SUV Gift, Asks Governor To Repair Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by TundeBricklayer: 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:
BUT

I won't watch it........
Watch it and cure your ignorance Otondo, you are here ranting like wounded dog, watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB63ZCBOMwI

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyatz:
Thanks for your matured response.

I am personally interested in the Ikwerre/Anioma matter because of my personal experience. Before entering the University, I used to assume that names and language clearly define one's ethnic group until I met some 'igbo' people with certain encounters.

During my NYSC days in Yobe State, there was one Igbo lady in my flat called Oluchi who was very close and nice to me. I didn't return her gestures because she was too lousy for my liking. There were several other 'Igbo' corpers in that corpers' lodge.

One day, one of the other Igbo corpers called Mercy came to our flat , requesting for a little favour from me which needed the cooperation of Oluchi. This Oluchi embarrassed and disgraced Mercy publicly which I didn't like.

I later went to Oluchi, asking her why she publicly disgraced Mercy, after all they are both Igbos and are supposed to be sisters. She immediately protested, Mercy is NOT Igbo! I said but she bears Igbo surname and speak Igbo. To my greatest surprise, Oluchi said 'the fact that she speaks Igbo doesn't make her Igbo, she also speak Yoruba fluently, does that mean she is Yoruba?

Oluchi went further to tell me that only she and two other people are Igbos and that the rest that we assume are Igbos are only igbos in names but not truly Igbos!

Youre welcome.

So can you qualify this?

What was the reason the babe said the other chick wasnt Igbo?

Telling somebody you dont like or are prejudiced against that they are not Igbo is quite different from you yourself proclaiming that you are not an Igbo.

That Osagie troll guy goes about saying that Ebonyi state is not really Igbo; does that make any particular sense to you?

So you need to contextualise this, otherwise its purely just a funny story and not a corroboration of anything specific.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
chrisxxx:

Bros I don't know these slaves problems. An Ikwerre man sees himself far more superior to an Ibo man. There are historical evidence of Ibos' slave serving their Ikwerre masters. Same can not be said in reverse. An Ikwerre man feels belittled when compared with an Iboman.
There is no history of meeting, association of any kind with them in the past. They should contend with their independence from Nigeria and leave Ikwerre out of their annexation quest.

This is a confirmed fact.

The Igbos used to identify as Ngwa, Aro, etc and not as Igbos and the Ikwerres sold them to Kalabaris . So it is true that many of those peoples now known as Igbo were slaves to Ikwerre and Ijaw

So it is understandable that Ikwerre do not want to be identified as their former slaves

Imagine English language being called American

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
I have been reading every pieces of comment made here and I want to say very thanks to everyone that contribute to this

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
General information to everyone
Don't copy other tribes name of culture. Be proud of your mother tongue
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by chrisxxx(m): 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

This is a confirmed fact.

The Igbos used to identify as Ngwa, Aro, etc and not as Igbos and the Ikwerres sold them to Kalabaris . So it is true that many of those peoples now known as Igbo were slaves to Ikwerre and Ijaw
Ele Isoma. Till tomorrow which is still derogatory. To Ikwerres sincerely Isoma is to Ikwerre man what Osu is to an Ibo man.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
And please don't try to force anyone to be like you, because those you called your brother may be your enemy
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by chrisxxx(m): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Igbos not Ibos.

Igbos are not your age mate.
Don't mind me you can see they are alien to me an Ikwerre man.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

You may be correct again those who want to be called or not called Yorubas are free to make that choice which is their right.
Still it is tangential and irrelevant here . Create a thread for that issue

Very relevant and needs to be incorporated at all times after all Ilorin was lost and they became slaves to hausa fulani even yo this day..

The creation of Emir has stamped their final defeat in history...

Ondo state has various contentious issues of been Yorubas and also applicable to Ekiti.

All histories be are relevant..

None can be Irrelevant
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
I can speak Yoruba doesn't mean am Yoruba but when I start to bear Yoruba name my brother something is wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
chrisxxx:

Don't mind me you can see they are alien to me an Ikwerre man.

Did you read my comment on page one, If not go and do so because where I come from we no send anybody both you and entire Ikwerre generation.

You can't beat the reach even in disapora...

So it will be insulting, descending to low levels because I don't know of your existence.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
I believe the Igbos are wise now if not they will not be associate them self by fighting other people believe
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
I see that lack of rational thinking is a disability many Nigerians suffer from.

First senseless statement

" Ikwerre speak Ikwerre and not Igbo the languages only resemble each other, Igbos can't claim Ikwerre language ".

My reply : Ikwerre claim they migrated from Bini, Bini language is not in anyway mutually intelligible with Igbo language, other than few words out of 1 million words we share in common.
The Ikwerre if we take their Bini migration fairytales serious, came to their current location speaking Bini language, and only dumped the Edo language after interactions with Igbos to pick up Igbo language which they mutilated to form their current language. Mind you, there are not a single iota of Bini words in current Ikwerre language, except those words Igbo language already share with Edo, Igala or Yoruba.

Now from the above, it goes that Ikwerre can not claim the current language they speak is not Igbo, since they arrived here Bini speaking , according to their post civil war conjured history,
and couldn't have out of the blue evolved a language that is mutually intelligible with Igbo dialects of Igbo groups close to them.

My Conclusion: Ikwerre language was borrowed from Igbo language.

Suggestion : To truly reclaim their non Igbo identity, Ikwerre owe the Igbo a debt of gratitude for their current language, after which they will as soon as possible revert back to their original Bini language and names, to avoid identity theft against Ndiigbo .

Second statement :

"Americans speak English, yet not all Americans are English. Also, Igbos speak English language,but we cannot say Ndiigbo are English people"

My analysis : America was colonized by England(Britain) who imposed English language on them. Ndiigbo never colonized Ikwerre as we were never Empire builders. Igbos in addition to speaking English as a colonial language, have Igbo language as mother tongue which is totally unrelated to English language. In contrast, Ikwerre has no other indigenous language that is unrelated to Igbo language.

Third statement : " Bearing Igbo name does not make one Igbo, after all Igbos bear English names, yet are not English people".

Analysis : Igbos who bear English names cannot interprete their English names with Igbo language. English names make no meaning in Igbo language. In contrast, all Ikwerre who bear Igbo names can explain the meaning of such names in Ikwerre language,because Ikwerre speak only but a dialect of Igbo language. Additionally, Igbo English names are rooted in British colonialism while Igbos never colonized Ikwerreland.

Fourth statement : " Ikwerre has the right to be independent and to refuse to be Igbo. For example, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, all speak dialects of same language, but have all refused to be under one language tag, with each country choosing to have their dialect elevated as independent language"

Analysis : The Icelandic, Swedish, Norwegians, Finnish don't deny they are all related to each other, neither does any of them claim to have been speakers of a language entirely different from their current language, until they met one of each other and were forced to dump their original languag for current similar ones.

In contrast, the Ikwerre mainstream as represented by Late Elechi Amadi led Ogbakor Ikwerre totally dismisses any relationship with the Igbo while violently claiming to be Bini speaking people who were influenced by Igbos. Where then is the ground for Ikwerre to be original owners of the current language they are mutilating, when through their concocted senseless Bini origin stories, they had admitted to have borrowed the language from Igbos, being themselves original speakers of Bini language, even when no evidence of use of Bini language in the past by Ikwerre, could be verified by their Igbo neighbors in Imo state and Rivers state (Ndoki and Asa).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Atigba: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
alfasexy:
If Ikwere is not Igbo, why do they insist on speaking Igbo?

Ikwerre are not Igbo
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
The last thing I will do is to call ikwere or Asaba igbo. If you are Igbo fine and if you are not fine. I don't like what I hate
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Very relevant and needs to be incorporated at all times after all Ilorin was lost and they became slaves to hausa fulani even yo this day..

The creation of Emir has stamped their final defeat in history...

Ondo state has various contentious issues of been Yorubas and also applicable to Ekiti.

All histories be are relevant..

None can be Irrelevant
You sound quite bitter

OK tell us the history of the Zulus
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ikwere are not Igbo but they are lost Edo because they don't have language.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
Kogi have Yoruba likewise kwara
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
pazienza:
I see that lack of rational thinking is a disability many Nigerians suffer from.

First senseless statement

" Ikwerre speak Ikwerre and not Igbo the languages only resemble each other, Igbos can't claim Ikwerre language ".

Analysis : Ikwerre claim they migrated from Bini, Bini language us not in anyway mutually intelligible with Igbo language, other than few words out of 1 million words we share together.
The Ikwerre if we take their Bini migration fairytales serious, came to their current location speaking Bini language, and only dumped the Edo language after interactions with Igbos to pick up Igbo language which they mutilated to form their current language. Mind you, there are not a single iota of Bini words in current Ikwerre language, except those Igbo language already share with Edo, Igala or Yoruba.

Now from the above, it goes that Ikwerre can not claim the current language they speak is not Igbo, since they arrived here Bini speaking and couldn't have out of blue evolved a language that is mutually intelligible with Igbo dialects of Igbo groups close to them.

Conclusion: Ikwerre language was borrowed from Igbo language.

Suggestion : To truly reclaim their non Igbo identity, Ikwerre own the Igbo a debt of gratitude for their current language, after which they will as soon as possible revert back to their original Bini language and names, to avoid identity theft against Ndiigbo .

Second statement :

"Americans speak English, yet not all Americans are English, Igbos speak English language, yet are not English people"

Analysis : America was colonized by England(Britain) who imposed English language on them. Ndiigbo never colonized Ikwerre as we were never Empire builders. Igbos in addition to speaking English as a colonial language, have Igbo language as mother tongue which is totally unrelated to English language. In contrast, Ikwerre has no other indigenous that is unrelated to Igbo language.

Third statement : " Bearing Igbo name does not make one Igbo, after all Igbos bear English names, yet are not English people".

Analysis : Igbos who bear English names cannot interprete their English names with Igbo language. English names make no meaning in Igbo language. In contrast, all Ikwerre who bear Igbo names can explain the meaning of such names in Ikwerre language,because Ikwerre speak only but a dialect of Igbo language.

Fourth statement : " Ikwerre has the right to be independent and to refuse to be Igbo. For example, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, all speak dialects of same language, but have all refused to be under one language tag, with each country choosing to have their dialect elevated as independent language"

Analysis : The Icelandic, Swedish, Norwegians, Finnish don't deny they are all related to each other, neither does any of them claim to have been speakers of a language entirely different from their current language, until they met one of each other and were forced to dump their original languag for current similar ones.

In contrast, the Ikwerre mainstream as represented by Late Elechi Amadi led Ogbakor Ikwerre totally dismisses any relationship with the Igbo while violently claiming to be Bini speaking people who were influenced by Igbos. Where then is the ground for Ikwerre to be original owners of the current language they are mutilating, when through their concocted senseless Bini origin stories, they had admitted to have borrowed the language from Igbos, being themselves original speakers of Bini language, even no evidence of use of Bini language in the past by Ikwerre, could be verified by their Igbo neighbors in Imo state and Rivers state (Ndoki and Asa).

The Igbos claim they came from Israel and the Ikwerre from Edo so why or how can anyone claime ownership of language

Who arrived first?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
Agree with me or not Delta's have Igbo likewise Rivera State

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
chrisxxx:

Bros I don't know these slaves problems. An Ikwerre man sees himself far more superior to an Ibo man. There are historical evidence of Ibos' slave serving their Ikwerre masters. Same can not be said in reverse. An Ikwerre man feels belittled when compared with an Iboman.
There is no history of meeting, association of any kind with them in the past. They should contend with their independence from Nigeria and leave Ikwerre out of their annexation quest.

The real are domiciled in your domain because we don't give a damn. May your lands you selling every now and then has made you more superior..... Lolzzzzz

I just heard it all today or is it the hunger beating u guys up is the source of ego..

Even the most influential of you guys can't beat the reach of an Igbo man..

Militancy even on social media is not superiority but outright inferiority complex...

Nobody annexes you because no one has such time.

Gather your intellectual if there exist any and let them draw up sound and structured language for you guys against the future...

Unless they are lazy as we all know laziness are domiciled there in great numbers.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
I will be happy if ikwere will stop bearing Igbo name because it doesn't suit them even the name they bear looks fake
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 10:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
Halexgos3:
I will be happy if ikwere will stop bearing Igbo name because it doesn't suit them even the name they bear looks fake
Ikwerre would be happy if the Igbos stop bearing Ikwerre names
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

The Igbos claim they came from Israel and the Ikwerre from Edo so why or how can anyone claime ownership of language

Who arrived first?

Ohaneze Ndiigbo and Igbo intellectual community don't share the Israel story. Many Igbo communities don't as well. In contrast, Bini origin story is the official Ikwerre story endorsed by Ogbakor Ikwerre and Ikwerre intelligentsia.

By the way, this is about Ikwerre and her Bini origin claims.
You can open a thread about Igbo and Israel story.
I happen to be amongst the Igbo majority who find the Israel story offensive.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
pazienza:

Second statement :

"Americans speak English, yet not all Americans are English. Also, Igbos speak English language,but we cannot say Ndiigbo are English people"

My analysis : America was colonized by England(Britain) who imposed English language on them. Ndiigbo never colonized Ikwerre as we were never Empire builders. Igbos in addition to speaking English as a colonial language, have Igbo language as mother tongue which is totally unrelated to English language. In contrast, Ikwerre has no other indigenous language that is unrelated to Igbo language.

Thank you! Smh

CC: nairalandtopuser

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:
You sound quite bitter

OK tell us the history of the Zulus

Deviations are not my thing.

But I juxtaposed your comments here with what is also obtainable in your yorubaland.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Deviations are not my thing.

But I juxtaposed your comments here with what is also obtainable in your yorubaland.
What obtains in Ogoniland
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by pazienza(m): 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
Now, let's get something clear.

No well Igbo cares about Ikwerre. The only reason Igbos care about Ikwerre is the Igbo language they are mutilating.

If the Ikwerre can do the needful and revert back to their Bini language and start bearing Bini names, no Igbo would care anymore.

The ball is in Ikwerre court. Stop mutilating the Igbo language and return to your Bini language.

Show group esteem that your inferiority complex suffering Bini ancestors couldn't exhibit when they abandoned your Bini language for Igbo one, even without being colonized by Igbos.

Are you not ashamed that without the very Igbos you hate, you will have no language of your own? You are not ashamed of shamelessly copying and ridiculously trying to mask another man language as yours via re editing the language by addition and removal of consonants?

7 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
Anywhere Yoruba dey na so so confusions go dey

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Halexgos3(m): 10:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:
Ikwerre would be happy if the Igbos stop bearing Ikwerre names
I rest my case bro, you be cancer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Militants Storm Cross Rivers State office, hold Deputy Governor Hostage / Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" / Protest Against Dino Melaye In Abuja Ongoing (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.