Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,561 members, 7,850,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group (43846 Views)

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos) / Chisom Promise Dike Rejects Wike’s SUV Gift, Asks Governor To Repair Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by sofiscatedmoron: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
we can not have two igbo speaking tribe in Nigeria, ,
its only one of which ikwerre is part of,,

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
you say they speak Igbo but they said they don't speak Igbo. You can't force someone to be you. How many plenty people do you know in Delta. up to 100. How many Igbo speaking communities do you know in Delta except the very popular ones. You call them all Anioma but some call themselves Ndokwa while others call themselves ukwuani. You claim all of them as Igbo but they see themselves as three different tribe. Even the lka man in Delta is beginning to think he is no longer part of Ndokwa, ukwuani or Anioma. The only places people identify as Igbo is Asaba and a few communities around. Even those we use to refers to as Urhobo no longer see themselves as one. Delta is complicated my dear. Communities are tracing their ancestry. You can only get the clear picture of you are a deltan

Ose mwen, you are simply going around in circles. We have gone over this already

U ru ese kaka bo oo
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Ose mwen, you are simply going around in circles. We have gone over this already

U ru ese kaka bo oo
you are refusing to accept the obvious. It is all good Sha . I won't be arguing if I have anything doing this Saturday
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
I should actually tell you to remove your self from Delta and South South matters

The most populated tribe in delta state is igbo.

The most populated tribe in SS is igbo.

U can die if u dont like it.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
you are refusing to accept the obvious. It is all good Sha . I won't be arguing if I have anything doing this Saturday

Mfana ibagha
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by oyatz(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
The same way many Igbo term Burutai, Abacha, IBB and others fulani men when they are not.

immhotep:

No one can run away from his/her shadow grin grin
If Gov Wike contests for presidency in 2023, helinues, afamed and co. will tag him as an Igbo man grin grin grin

cc lzaa gmbuharii metaphysical rekhina
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The most populated tribe in delta state is igbo.

The most populated tribe in SS is igbo.

U can die if u dont like it.

I am done with you guys tonight. You know you guys normally talks about some ss group betraying you guys during the Biafra war. I am looking forward to the day you will realize that those you love attaching to yourself don't care about you. You know Nigeria political situation is getting interesting with each passing day. I just hope you won't cry betrayal in the nearest future

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by mercyville: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

Initially

Ikwerre claim Paternal ancestry in Edo and some maternal ancestry in Igbo

They are located in what was the largest Igbo slave market as Asari Dokubo he can confirm it so that has influenced there sociocultural outlook
So you think they are not Ibo,huh?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Igbodicool(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
alfasexy:
If Ikwere is not Igbo, why do they insist on speaking Igbo?
To show you how foolish they are.
They better change their language and leave my precious lgbo language for me. Bunch of confused clones.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by BULLIONVAN4(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyatz:
This matter is NOT peculiar to the Igbos, it happens all over Nigeria.

Many Danladi Ayuba, Ibrahim Umar, Abu Hashidu or Tanko Doma that you call Hausas are not Hausa.

There are many people from Ogori-Mangogo LGA in Kogi State who claim their aren't Yorubas but bear Ademola, Adeleke or Ogundele as surnames.

But regarding NL, when a thread that has a heading like, a nigerian "ifeanyi okoronkwo" was arrested in india with cocaine" the same people who are saying that ikwerres, aniomas, ndokwas, asabas are non-igbo will start with phrase like "igbos and crime are like 5and 6" "flat head pig disgracing nigeria" "ipob criminals" and so on.

you said that nothing is wrong with someone from a different tribe bearing another tribes name?? anyways i iave no problem with that but my concern is when a criminal is busted bearing a particular tribe's name, it's the people from another tribe will condemn that tribe without finding out if he is from the condemned tribe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by jimyjames(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
Anambralstson:

Ngwa is what?

Wike was among Igbo elites that supported Nnia Nwodo to be appointed as Ohaneze Ndigbo and Igbo Rivers are well represented in Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, pictures below is Ohaneze president Nwodo after he was appointed to lead Igbo group him and his executives visited Wike in government house Port Harcourt

Mr Area4Area read through this comment and look at the pictures of the president of ohanaeze ndi Igbo with wike to confirm my statement

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by jimyjames(m): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Anambralstson:

Ngwa is what?

Wike was among Igbo elites that supported Nnia Nwodo to be appointed as Ohaneze Ndigbo and Igbo Rivers are well represented in Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, pictures below is Ohaneze president Nwodo after he was appointed to lead Igbo group him and his executives visited Wike in government house Port Harcourt

Mr real4real read through this comment and look at the pictures of the president of ohanaeze ndi Igbo with wike to confirm my statement

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by TundeBricklayer: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyatz:
The same way many Igbo term Burutai, Abacha, IBB and others fulani men when they are not.

You are from Southwest what's your business

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
mercyville:
So you think they are not Ibo,huh?
It depends on how you define being Ibo or Igbo . What exactly does that mean. ??

Is there an unemotional definition?
If you provide a definition I will answer
Are Americans English?

Are Mexicans Spanish
Are Canadians French or English

What about the Swiss and Austrians??

My view is that that question is best answered by Ikwerres.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by TundeBricklayer: 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:
It depends on how you define being Ibo or Igbo . What exactly does that mean. ??

Is there an unemotional definition?
If you provide a definition I will answer
Are Americans English?

Are Mexicans Spanish
Are Canadians French or English

What about the Swiss and Austrians??

My view is that that question is best answered by Ikwerres.

Those Saying Ikwerre People are Not Igbo are Mad - Chibuike AmaechiThose Saying Ikwerre People are Not Igbo are Mad - Chibuike Amaechi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Nkk_I8eo&app=desktop
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by oyatz(m): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
Thanks for your matured response.

I am personally interested in the Ikwerre/Anioma matter because of my personal experience. Before entering the University, I used to assume that names and language clearly define one's ethnic group until I met some 'igbo' people with certain encounters.

During my NYSC days in Yobe State, there was one Igbo lady in my flat called Oluchi who was very close and nice to me. I didn't return her gestures because she was too lousy for my liking. There were several other 'Igbo' corpers in that corpers' lodge.

One day, one of the other Igbo corpers called Mercy came to our flat , requesting for a little favour from me which needed the cooperation of Oluchi. This Oluchi embarrassed and disgraced Mercy publicly which I didn't like.

I later went to Oluchi, asking her why she publicly disgraced Mercy, after all they are both Igbos and are supposed to be sisters. She immediately protested, Mercy is NOT Igbo! I said but she bears Igbo surname and speak Igbo. To my greatest surprise, Oluchi said 'the fact that she speaks Igbo doesn't make her Igbo, she also speak Yoruba fluently, does that mean she is Yoruba?

Oluchi went further to tell me that only she and two other people are Igbos and that the rest that we assume are Igbos are only igbos in names but not truly Igbos!

midnighter:

I have no idea. Whats the answer?

That people have crossed over and collected words from each other, especially after being forced into the same country, is not surprising.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by TundeBricklayer: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyatz:

I am personally interested in the Ikwerre/Anioma matter because of my personal experience. Before entering the University, I used to assume that names and language clearly define one's ethnic group until I met some 'igbo' people with certain encounters.

During my NYSC days in Yobe State, there was one Igbo lady in my flat called Oluchi who was very close and nice to me. I didn't return her gestures because she was too lousy for my liking. There were several other 'Igbo' corpers in that corpers' lodge.

One day, one of the other Igbo corpers called Mercy came to our flat , requesting for a little favour from me which needed the cooperation of Oluchi. This Oluchi embarrassed and disgraced Mercy publicly which I didn't like.

I later went to Oluchi, asking her why she publicly disgraced Mercy, after all they are both Igbos and are supposed to be sisters. She immediately protested, Mercy is NOT Igbo! I said but she bears Igbo surname and speak Igbo. To my greatest surprise, Oluchi said 'the fact that she speaks Igbo doesn't make her Igbo, she also speak Yoruba fluently, does that mean she is Yoruba?

Oluchi went further to tell me that only she and two other people are Igbos and that the rest that we assume are Igbos are only igbos in names but not truly Igbos!d

Those Saying Ikwerre People are Not Igbo are Mad - Chibuike AmaechiThose Saying Ikwerre People are Not Igbo are Mad - Chibuike Amaechi

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
But regarding NL, when a thread that has a heading like, a nigerian "ifeanyi okoronkwo" was arrested in india with cocaine" the same people who are saying that ikwerres, aniomas, ndokwas, asabas are non-igbo will start with phrase like "igbos and crime are like 5and 6" "flat head pig disgracing nigeria" "ipob criminals" and so on.

you said that nothing is wrong with someone from a different tribe bearing another tribes name?? anyways i iave no problem with that but my concern is when a criminal is busted bearing a particular tribe's name, it's the people from another tribe will condemn that tribe without finding out if he is from the condemned tribe
A TRIBE's NAME??

Who made it THEIR name

Arabs are called Yusuf, Musa, Ismail ,Ibrahim, Miriam, Adam, Noah
Hebrews are called Josef, Moshe,Ishmael,Abraham, Mariam,Noah

WHOSE names are they?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

What does Ogbakor Ikwerre say??

What did Ikwunga Wonodi say
What did Elechi Amadi say
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyatz:

Oluchi went further to tell me that only she and two other people are Igbos and that the rest that we assume are Igbos are only igbos in names but not truly Igbos!

I won't call you gossip because I hate to see men gossiping.

Women be are understandable but men...No

If I follow your logic which I don't want to I will clearly say Ondo state can't be even at 10 percent called a yoruba State.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:
What did Ikwunga Wonodi say What did Elechi Amadi say

I hope you know that Ondo's are not even 10 percent be called Yorubas?

Same as Ekiti...Hope you fully aware?

Even Ijebu can't he seen as Yorubas..

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by chrisxxx(m): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:
That is where you get it wrong

1 . Are Nigerians English? Why do they insist on speaking English

When Jesus was alive he spoke Aramaic NOT Hebrew the language of the Jews did that make him Aramaic

All Black Americans speak English , Are they English
Virtually ALL of Northern Nigeria speak Hausa language Are they HAUSA??

Morroccans, Sudanese , Egyptians speak Arabic THEY ARE NOT Arabs

2. What is Igbo Historically is there a language called Igbo?

The Ikwerre Language is not Igbo rather the Ikwerre language and several other languages belong to the same family

There is no evidence to say which one came first.
God bless you brother. Don't mind the overbearing Ibos. Why not Ibo is Ikwerre?
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

What has anything here got to do with Yoruba ethnicity
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

What has anything here got to do with Yoruba ethnicity

It has many things to do with..

We need to lecture you on ethnic divisions in yorubaland moving from Ondo to Ekiti even Ijebus.

Even as at today most don't see themselves or agree they are Yorubas...

All these has supporting papers and evidences.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

It has many things to do with..

We need to lecture you on ethnic divisions in yorubaland moving from Ondo to Ekiti even Ijebus.

Even as at today most don't see themselves or agree they are Yorubas...

All these has supporting papers and evidences.

You may be correct again those who want to be called or not called Yorubas are free to make that choice which is their right.
Still it is tangential and irrelevant here . Create a thread for that issue
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by BULLIONVAN4(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:
A TRIBE's NAME??

Who made it THEIR name

Arabs are called Yusuf, Musa, Ismail ,Ibrahim, Miriam, Adam, Noah
Hebrews are called Josef, Moshe,Ishmael,Abraham, Mariam,Noah

WHOSE names are they?

Remember to ask all these questions when a thread like "a nigerian "Onyekachi Onyema" caught with cocaine in libya are created.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by TundeBricklayer: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
0monnak0da:

What did Ikwunga Wonodi say
What did Elechi Amadi say

I want you to watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB63ZCBOMwI

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by 0monnak0da: 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

I want you to watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB63ZCBOMwI
BUT

I won't watch it........
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
chrisxxx:

God bless you brother. Don't mind the overbearing Ibos. Why not Ibo is Ikwerre?

Igbos not Ibos.

Igbos are not your age mate.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by chrisxxx(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
gido2017:

all these haters and ignorant elements with myopic mentality engulfed with illusions of their inability to access knowledge. May it be known to you that before the civil war there was no titled office in the so called Igbo land.
You guys stole our culture, tradition and titles yet have the guts to say Ikwerre is from Igbo. Nonsense.

It's unfortunate how you try to enforce and enjoin yourselves to people who do not share same aborigine with you just because of selfish attempt to have a share of their God given natural resources, fail fail fail!!!! Fail.

Go and do proper research before you keep proving your selves to be ignorant masturbators of masturbating enslave.
No reasonable literature in the world library will even support your claims yet you keep clamouring. Nonsense

Ikwerre bu otu and no region can divide us.
Bros I don't know these slaves problems. An Ikwerre man sees himself far more superior to an Ibo man. There are historical evidence of Ibos' slave serving their Ikwerre masters. Same can not be said in reverse. An Ikwerre man feels belittled when compared with an Iboman.
There is no history of meeting, association of any kind with them in the past. They should contend with their independence from Nigeria and leave Ikwerre out of their annexation quest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Reacts As Atiku Wins PDP Presidential Ticket / Governor Zulum Donates House, N20M To Late Col. D.C. Bako’s Wife, Children / Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.