Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group (43562 Views)

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos) / Chisom Promise Dike Rejects Wike’s SUV Gift, Asks Governor To Repair Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
you meet with some communities in ndokwa and they tell you what they are speaking is Aboh. some say it is ukwuani not Igbo. some say theirs is Ika not Igbo. I am not the one erasing them. they are not just okay with being called Igbo just as someone will call himself Americans, Welsh, Scot, Irish. those ones speak English but don't call themselves English

And Im telling you that I come across people from all those places, even on this forum and they tell me that they are Igbo and they speak Igbo.

English people speak English

Welsh people speak Welsh

Irish people speak Irish/ Gaelic

Scottish people speak Scottish Gaelic

An American with English ancestry will tell you that; in fact they will take you to where their ancestor first docked their ship from England and signed the immigration register into America. It is a source of pride for them to be able to trace their heritage.

All of what youre saying doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
IkwerreSon:

Wike to Ikwerre People, if anybody ask you where are you from say I am an “Ikwerrre man” video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0COoQtWtHs
And you registered today (December 08, 2019) just to post this grin grin grin

cc lzaa gmbuharii

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
do Scots, Irish, Welsh and even Americans refers to themselves as Englishmen. Americans came from many places.

The English people who went to America originally have descendants there now who still claim their English heritage several generations back.

In fact they make sure that their children marry from particular families so that they will keep their bloodline.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Theboss100(m): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
okpalaAnambra:
That's Igbo language...dike oha is Igbo, they should find other language to use than Igbo, ikwerre tribe my foot[/s]
STFU. DNT INSULT MY TRIBE AGAIN. That tribe has the largest voting strength in RIVERS. There is slight difference between ibo and ikwerre. But guess what, we are brothers 4rm different mothers. Can u get that into ur skull? I myself bear an ibo name watz the big deal? Dnt u ever speak ill of my tribe again. Na u create us? Thats hw GOD MADE US. Infact ur a comfirm nchie
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
OgaBuhari

Midnighter check it out.

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by otokx(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
Uche nwa kego, Uche badu le
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by fof1: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Ikwerre ethnic nationality should bring their intellectuals and well versed linguistics and develop a highly structured language for themselves....

They should seat and fathom out a standard, structured and well organized Ikwerre language devoid of any form of Igbo language....

By so doing the sweetness of the language will be explored and transported worldwide to who cares to Listen....

We have has so many scholars who developed languages and the languages are still in use today because even before it gets to the 12th generation the language will be fully assimilated.

For Instance DIKE can be rephrased in Ikwerre language as HAJE........but not banking on already existing Dike to bastardized it as DIKNE...This is purely rubbish and timidly done, so the intellectual needs to step up their games...

Meanwhile Congratulations on your new title as your project speaks boldly for you.....but projects without the people is useless...

PLS GO AND SIT DOWN FOR CORNER. WHAT DO U KNOW ABOUT IKWERRE NATION ANX HER EVOLUTION. SOME OF U JUST TALK TO OCCUPY SPACE WITHOUT THOUGHT LIFE.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
Bigcowhorn:
check it out.

Check what
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
I don't understand the gibberish u put up there, perhaps that's an igbo language that we Anioma in Delta State can't comprehend.
I'm Anioma from Delta State and I'm not igbo neither do we relate in any way.
[/s]
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Check what

My handwork Lol. I like your friend OgaBuhari. That's Emptycontenthead back form the dead. grin

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Bigcowhorn:

My handwork Lol. I like your friend OgaBuhari. That's Emptycontenthead back form the dead. grin

Okay, yes I saw him already. Thats why I greeted him in his language
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Okay, yes I saw him already. Thats why I greeted him in his language

grin

Funny babe.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by BULLIONVAN4(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
please let your nonsense stop at Rivers and your igbos state.

don't dare drag your nonentity to Delta State.
I'm from Asaba and I'm Anioma by tribe.
Igbos do not exists after the River Niger at Onitsha..
Any igbo u see in Delta are settlers and not indigenes..
there are no indigenous Igbos in Delta.
be warned!!!
Imagine a case whereby someone bearing "ifeanyi okocha" is convicted of crime, will you say he is Igbo or Anioma??(assuming his state/Lga of origin was not mentioned)

5 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

The English people who went to America originally have descendants there now who still claim their English heritage several generations back.

In fact they make sure that their children marry from particular families so that they will keep their bloodline.
Trump have links to Scotland but do he see himself as a Scotsman. do Irishmen, Scotsmen or Welsh call themselves Englishmen because they speak English. answer me and stop dodging the question
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari get your ass here man, and stop wasting my time.

cheesy

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by adontcare(f): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
He deserve it.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:

be warned!!!
[/s]

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
Bigcowhorn:

grin

Funny babe.

Lol. Can you really be bothered with him? I think he is just bored
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Trump have links to Scotland but do he see himself as a Scotsman. do Irishmen, Scotsmen or Welsh call themselves Englishmen because they speak English. answer me and stop dodging the question

Who is dodging anything here, apart from you?

Irish people speak Irish, their own native language and English, the language forced on them due to colonialism.

They do not speak English and then claim to speak some other language that is similar to English but is not English, that they "adopted" from some mysterious source so you just have no point whatsoever!

Donald Trump is an American with mixed Scottish and German heritage, and so
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Abagworo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
This Ikwerre vs Igbo argument will persist like forever because of insincerity from all parties and also the manner the final ethnic creation was achieved. The controversy has always existed from early colonial years but the total dislink from Igbo happened during the Biafran war making most Igbos have a feeling of betrayal of trust.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Lol. Can you really be bothered with him? I think he is just bored

Bored? So am I. Only i if can find the dude. He went ghost 5 mins ago when began my campaign. Don't know why they do that yet spend all day boasting and talking trash to you women..

ogaBuhari come back here oooo.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

And Im telling you that I come across people from all those places, even on this forum and they tell me that they are Igbo and they speak Igbo.

English people speak English

Welsh people speak Welsh

Irish people speak Irish/ Gaelic

Scottish people speak Scottish Gaelic

An American with English ancestry will tell you that; in fact they will take you to where their ancestor first docked their ship from England and signed the immigration register into America. It is a source of pride for them to be able to trace their heritage.

All of what youre saying doesnt make any sense whatsoever.
they speak, run their political affairs with English. I don't think there is any Scotsman who don't speak English. you said it is okay to trace their heritage but you don't want those adopted the Igbo language to trace their ancestry. even if they came from England, they still see themselves as Americans. Trump is still a proud American
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
fof1:

PLS GO AND SIT DOWN FOR CORNER. WHAT DO U KNOW ABOUT IKWERRE NATION ANX HER EVOLUTION. SOME OF U JUST TALK TO OCCUPY SPACE WITHOUT THOUGHT LIFE.

My submission is simple.

I believe Ikwerre have intellectuals in all works of life, So they should come together and develop a standard language for themselves....

Dinstinctively Ikwerre and Igbos are two different sets of people with different histories and Ideologies.

The history of Ikwerre also notes that they migrated from Benin. If I am to suggest it is high and right them benin language is enshrined the into their school curriculum for proper language evolution in the future..

#Fact
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Ikwerre ethnic nationality should bring their intellectuals and well versed linguistics and develop a highly structured language for themselves....

They should seat and fathom out a standard, structured and well organized Ikwerre language devoid of any form of Igbo language....

By so doing the sweetness of the language will be explored and transported worldwide to who cares to Listen....

We have has so many scholars who developed languages and the languages are still in use today because even before it gets to the 12th generation the language will be fully assimilated.

For Instance DIKE can be rephrased in Ikwerre language as HAJE........but not banking on already existing Dike to bastardized it as DIKNE...This is purely rubbish and timidly done, so the intellectual needs to step up their games...

Meanwhile Congratulations on your new title as your project speaks boldly for you.....but projects without the people is useless...
Ikwere people have their roots in a Igbo, it will never ever change, you can keep your evil suggestions to yourself

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Who is dodging anything here, apart from you?

Irish people speak Irish, their own native language and English, the language forced on them due to colonialism.

They do not speak English and then claim to speak some other language that is similar to English but is not English, that they "adopted" from some mysterious source so you just have no point whatsoever!

Donald Trump is an American with mixed Scottish and German heritage, and so
what is their official language. what language do they use in parliament
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
Theboss100:
[s] STFU. DNT INSULT MY TRIBE AGAIN. That tribe has the largest voting strength in RIVERS. There is slight difference between ibo and ikwerre. But guess what, we are brothers 4rm different mothers. Can u get that into ur skull? I myself bear an ibo name watz the big deal? Dnt u ever speak ill of my tribe again. Na u create us? Thats hw GOD MADE US. Infact ur a comfirm nchie

It is a lie.

It can't be true again......we can't be brothers from different mother's because the Insult Ikwerres has thrown to Igbos is now becoming unbearable...

Totally unbecoming..
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
Adiwana:

White people who predominantly dominate America are from Europe (UK) by lineage who by the way gave them their Independence. America was/is more of Native Indians and the US govt still pays them certain reparations and recognise them.Doesn't change anything
do they call themselves English or Americans since they speak English
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Politics is your eg of Amechi claiming Igbo ? Ndo. And when they go to their villages for proper cultural rites, what you hear is Ikwerre hethnic group. What does that tell you ?
That Ikwerre remains Igbo grin
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
they speak, run their political affairs with English. I don't think there is any Scotsman who don't speak English. you said it is okay to trace their heritage but you don't want those adopted the Igbo language to trace their ancestry. even if they came from England, they still see themselves as Americans. Trump is still a proud American

Youre going off the point. You said Scottish people speak English as if that means anything. Dont we in Nigeria also speak English?

The point is that Scottish people have their own native Scottish language, which is Scottish Gaelic.

They do not speak English with a Scottish accent and then claim that its their own language that has no relation to English.

I cant comment on the Benin heritage stuff because I am not well-versed in that area but I know that plenty of Delta people identify as Igbo and speak Igbo language. This is what I am telling you.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by otokx(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ikwerre has many dialects, would like to learn the central one.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by jimyjames(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:

be warned!!!

Afonja there is no tribe called anioma,anioma is an Igbo region across the Niger river carved under Delta state , there are 3 other anioma town's in Anambra ,,eg Onitsha
I bet u have never been to Delta grin

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Youre going off the point. You said Scottish people speak English as if that means anything. Dont we in Nigeria also speak English?

The point is that Scottish people have their own native Scottish language, which is Scottish Gaelic.

They do not speak English with a Scottish accent and then claim that its their own language that has no relation to English.

I cant comment on the Benin heritage stuff because I am not well-versed in that area but I know that plenty of Delta people identify as Igbo and speak Igbo language. This is what I am telling you.
plenty people like the people in Asaba and it nearby area because I know that is the only area that identify with Igbo. you are just making my point clearer that language does not mean you belong to a certain tribal group. if adopting English did not make Africans, Americans and even the whole of UK English, why do you think adopting Igbo will make people Igbo even when they claim their ancestors came from other part of the countries

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Revolution Now Protesters Face Armed Military Personnel (VIDEO) / Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story / Governor Bala Mohammed Hospitalised In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.