Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In (76986 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by enigmaticlion: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
Blessing like Isis, bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen killing people in the name of religion
Sikay19:
cheesy
Islam is a blessing. I am proud to be a muslim, Mansha Allah.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by lawani: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
itsme01:
grin

some people wont like this at all

Yorubas are not extremist like some hypocrites, Anthony Joshua has both muslim and christians in his family and they both pray for his success

If you claim to serve your God and enjoy your religion then you have no reason belittling other peoples religion, people who try to talk down other peoples religion are just insecured and scared so they want everyone to share their religion and veiws

Christians and Muslims are the only two groups that talk down on others.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:
Me saying you are limiting God is targeted at your statement "How much mercy can God dole out to save someone" and not this one you are pointing at. God's mercy is infinite and is enough to save someone and He doesn't need to come down as human to die for sins. God's mercy is enough. This is God!

I understand you now; I have modified it. When I used the word "can" I was not referring to his ability or inability to wipe away sins. Of course He CAN wipe away sins. The question is, WOULD He wipe away sins and under what circumstance? When I say "wipe" I mean totally forget them such that there is no punishment for them in the afterlife.

As far as He is a MERCIFUL God, He is also a JUST God. Sins must be accounted for and punished; this is the law. The punishment for sinning against God is death and condemnation to Hell. Who will suffer this punishment, if not us?

They used to spill the blood of a spotless animal as a substitute for a human, to cleanse his sin. The Israelites did that as a temporary measure to cover their sin and experience forgiveness because it was better than nothing. It still doesnt solve the conundrum.

Even before Abrahamic religion reached our shores, the concept of an atoning sacrifice was a huge part of traditional religion. People and animals were regularly sacrificed to the deity of the shrine. Yet it was never enough. Every year, more dead people and animals.

How many dead rams does it take to absolve a sinful human? How many dead humans for the good of the tribe?

We all have to die, because we are all sinful. Does God want punish His beloved creation? Does it please God to send us to Hell? Or would He do absolutely anything , including coming down to Earth in the form of a poor, illegitimate carpenter's son, to stop that from happening?

These are the bases of the problem, and the solution.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

But this thing is sounding like "Ahmadiyya" Is it what you're trying to say? How come there's nothing about the Imes stuff on google?

Imes on Google Funny!! grin grin

There's only one person I know that knows of His coming and that is me. Maybe Allaah made some other people on earth also know but I have not met them.

But I am the only one I know who knows.

And Imes is not Ahmadiyyah. In fact, Ahmadiyyah is amongst the misguided Muslim sect Imes is coming to face and oppose.

Imes is probably unlike anything you can find on the internet. I'm the only one who can tell you about him grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

Imes on Google Funny!! grin grin

There's only one person I know that knows of His coming and that is me. Maybe Allaah made some other people on earth also know but I have not met them.

But I am the only one I know who knows.

And Imes is not Ahmadiyyah. In fact, Ahmadiyyah is amongst the misguided Muslim sect Imes is coming to face and oppose.

Imes is probably unlike anything you can find on the internet. I'm the only one who can tell you about him grin

But you wrote that you were taking over some other guy

And that thing you said about a "reformer" of Islam sounds like Ahmadiyya

Is it an esoteric sect?
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by banhammy: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

I hope you realise that both of those 2 ethnic groups you are abusing could turn your own tribalism back on you and claim that that "liberal" tribe you are exalting could also be seen as FICKLE, INDECISIVE and WISHY-WASHY by your own standard.

Having a belief and sticking to it does not make you a fanatic.

Complaining of marginalisation and agitating for sovereignty on that basis does not make one a religious extremist. Do IPOB go about blowing people up? They may be extremists, but not religious extremists.

We all know of plenty of examples of people outside of Igbo and Hausa who "worship" their pastors and imams.

Codswallop
Codswallop? That shows you only reason with your anus.
I only commended Joshua for his religious liberalism, being a Yoruba Man, unlike a typical Hausa/Igbo Man who might have rated religion above intelligence and hard work.
I never used any insulting word.
Moreso, I never meant to talk about any agitation for any sovereignty. It seems you're suffering dysarthria to information decipher.
Take your frustrations to next door.
I'm sorry as I won't even read your response.
Wishing you soonest recovery.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
livebyday:

smiley

We shall continue this discourse another day

Something to ponder on

PS: I still.find the Bible riddled with contradictions.as regards the son of God's mission

But alas we shall have to take a brief reprieve now and continue this another time as other tasks beckon

But later in the day I can still engage your further

Cheers

Cheers
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
banhammy:

Codswallop? That shows you only reason with your anus.
I only commended Joshua for his religious liberalism, being a Yoruba Man, unlike a typical Hausa/Igbo Man who might have rated religion above intelligence and hard work.
I never used any insulting word.
Moreso, I never meant to talk about any agitation for any sovereignty. It seems you're suffering dysarthria to information decipher.
Take your frustrations to next door.
I'm sorry as I won't even read your response.
Wishing you soonest recovery.

You are not serious! What is the bolded supposed to mean, if its not an insult?

Lol yes o, dont read my response. From the way youre talking Im surprised you even read your own comments since youre clearly confused about your own writing.

Im sure you even reason with your vagina! Nonsense and SmellingAnus
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

But you wrote that you were taking over some other guy

And that thing you said about a "reformer" of Islam sounds like Ahmadiyya

Is it an esoteric sect?

Me taking over from another guy was metaphoric grin grin I was just playing games. That's a secret though. don't tell anyone grin

I mean I was taking over from the other moniker - my former self. Do you understand now? I've deleted that other moniker.

It only sounds like Ahmadiyyah. It's different from it.

Ahmadiyyah is a deviant sect that claims the Mahdi has arrived and other heresies. Imes is coming not to reform Islam, but to reform the Muslims and the Muslim world. Imes is coming to guide people to the true Islam as practised by the Salaf (predecessors); the true Islam many Muslims including Ahmadiyyah have deviated from today and together with Imes, the Muslim world shall rise into greater ranks of glory! grin

I hope you understand now?
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

Me taking over from another guy was metaphoric grin grin I was just playing games. That's a secret though. don't tell anyone grin

I mean I was taking over from the other moniker - my former self. Do you understand now? I've deleted that other moniker.

It only sounds like Ahmadiyyah. It's different from it.

Ahmadiyyah is a deviant sect that claims the Mahdi has arrived and other heresies. Imes is coming not to reform Islam, but to reform the Muslims and the Muslim world. Imes is coming to guide people to the true Islam as practised by the Salaf (predecessors); the true Islam many Muslims including Ahmadiyyah have deviated from today and together with Imes, the Muslim world shall rise into greater ranks of glory! grin

I hope you understand now?

You sound far too reasonable and even-minded to be a Salafist. Don't you think you'd better leave the Imes stuff and just do the normal Muslim activism?

Ahmadiyya are better at relating with non-Muslims than most Islamic sects. Their behavior is very good

I hope they're not too deviant sha
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

You sound far too reasonable and even-minded to be a Salafist. Don't you think you'd better leave the Imes stuff and just do the normal Muslim activism?

Ahmadiyya are better at relating with non-Muslims than most Islamic sects. Their behavior is very good

I hope they're not too deviant sha

Wow! So you know about Salafis? Interesting character you are! Now can you kindly tell me why you believe what you said in your first paragraph?

I mean what do you know about Salafis and why do you think I'm too reasonable to be one?

what experience do you have with them?

if you don't mind... grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Adek65: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2019
I'm proud to be a Muslim.ALHAMDUL LI LAHI
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

Wow! So you know about Salafis? Interesting character you are! Now can you kindly tell me why you believe what you said in your first paragraph?

I mean what do you know about Salafis and why do you think I'm too reasonable to be one?

what experience do you have with them?

if you don't mind... grin

I believe that they are rigid and unreasonable and that they are trying to apply a lot of outdated principles to today's world that are not feasible

And they are too extreme. And in some cases intolerant.

I have met a couple and come across some of their videos. I am not encouraged by their approach at all

That's why I am surprised that your Imes thing is a Salafist endeavour because you seem too amiable and open-minded for all that
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

I believe that they are rigid and unreasonable and that they are trying to apply a lot of outdated principles to today's world that are not feasible

And they are too extreme. And in some cases intolerant.

I have met a couple and come across some of their videos. I am not encouraged by their approach at all

That's why I am surprised that your Imes thing is a Salafist endeavour because you seem too amiable and open-minded for all that

Okay. Can you kindly... KINDLY state some of the the things you refer to as u reasonable, extreme, outdated e.t.c?

pleeeeaaaase!!!! grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

And again, why would God create us with original sin in the first place? Isn't that unfair that an innocent person will begin to carry the burden of sin He knows nothing about from birth?

God did not create original sin. God created us with the capacity to decide whether to do right or wrong; when we choose to do wrong it contravenes Gods law and brings about natural punishment such as suffering and stuff like that.

Not that it's the persons fault but the fact that there is sin in the world means that there are also consequences for that sin.

Personally I'm not sure if I take the original sin paradigm literally ; I see it as a metaphor for the fact that human beings are naturally wired to commit sinful actions out of selfishness.

So your assertion that the person "knows nothing about" it is wrong to me, because everybody has the ability and even tendency to do the wrong thing.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

God did not create original sin. God created us with the capacity to decide whether to do right or wrong; when we choose to do wrong it contravenes Gods law and brings about natural punishment such as suffering and stuff like that.

Not that it's the persons fault but the fact that there is sin in the world means that there are also consequences for that sin.

Personally I'm not sure if I take the original sin paradigm literally ; I see it as a metaphor for the fact that human beings are naturally wired to commit sinful actions out of selfishness.

So your assertion that the person "knows nothing about" it is wrong to me, because everybody has the ability and even tendency to do the wrong thing.

But Christians do say what the original sin means is that...

Adam and eve disobeying God has caused their descendants to share in that sin... So everyone born will carry a burden of original sin being a descendant of Adam and it requires Jesus to die for us so that sin can be washed away.

That's what I have learnt from other Christians... perhaps they are misguided.

or what's original sin actually?
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:

But Christians do say what the original sin means is that...

Adam and eve disobeying God has caused their descendants to share in that sin... So everyone born will carry a burden of original sin being a descendant of Adam and it requires Jesus to die for us so that sin can be washed away.

That's what I have learnt from other Christians... perhaps they are misguided.

or what's original sin actually?

Yes, that's the mainstream Christan view according to the book of Genesis. But not everybody chooses to take everything written there literally.

The point is that if any one of us were in the garden of Eden, we still would have eaten from the Tree of Knowledge and brought the same punishment and curses upon ourselves.

I actually remember somebody asking this same question during Bible study many moons ago, and this is the answer we were given.

And I agree with it because it's true that every single human being will commit sin and do the wrong thing after being tempted at least ONCE in their lives. And once is all it takes to invoke Gods wrath and punishment, which is what we need Jesus for. To cleanse us from those sins and take away the punishment.

But I'm just personally not sure if I take those Genesis stories absolutely literally, or if I take them as a metaphors used to describe human development and tendency.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Kay25(m): 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
[quote author=Sikay19 post=84782659] cheesy
Islam is a blessing. I am proud to be a muslim, Mansha Allah.good but he should ask his big uncle mike tyson to tell the tale of his own too
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

Yes, that's the mainstream Christan view according to the book of Genesis. But not everybody chooses to take everything written there literally.

The point is that if any one of us were in the garden of Eden, we still would have eaten from the Tree of Knowledge and brought the same punishment and curses upon ourselves.

I actually remember somebody asking this same question during Bible study many moons ago, and this is the answer we were given.

And I agree with it because it's true that every single human being will commit sin and do the wrong thing after being tempted at least ONCE in their lives. And once is all it takes to invoke Gods wrath and punishment, which is what we need Jesus for. To cleanse us from those sins and take away the punishment.

But I'm just personally not sure if I take those Genesis stories absolutely literally, or if I take them as a metaphors used to describe human development and tendency.

kindly answer my question in the other topic nah about Salafis
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by SmellingAnus(m): 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

You are not serious! What is the bolded supposed to mean, if its not an insult?

Lol yes o, dont read my response. From the way youre talking Im surprised you even read your own comments since youre clearly confused about your own writing.

Im sure you even reason with your vagina! Nonsense and SmellingAnus
this kind of mention... Lol...
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Organs(m): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

Hmm, the question he/she is asking is so, a new born baby by way of inheritance has on his head the sins committed centuries ago? Or by your analogy, a baby is already guilty of Sins, because he is naturally wired to commit sinful actions out of selfishness? angry angry angry
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
Organs:
Hmm, the question he/she is asking is so, a new born baby by way of inheritance has on his head the sins committed centuries ago? Or by your analogy, a baby is already guilty of Sins, because he is naturally wired to commit sinful actions out of selfishness? angry angry angry

Every single human being, as a descendant of Adam, bears the guilt for that original action. That was the curse placed on Adam and Eve for their disobedience.

It doesnt seem fair. Curses rarely do, to the "cursee"...!

The baby is not actually guilty because of his inbuilt selfishness; the baby is CONSIDERED guilty because of his inbuilt selfishness. Those two things are different.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Akpacha(m): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
PataAlhaja:
[s][/s]

You are a big fool!
U are the biggest FOOL here.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
IAmStrange:
kindly answer my question in the other topic nah about Salafis

I am coming. Lol, you leave a lot of unopened boxes for me to unpack
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by midnighter(f): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
SmellingAnus:
this kind of mention... Lol...

Lol yes oo...what kind of mention were you expecting with that crazy monicker of yours
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by SmellingAnus(m): 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
midnighter:

Lol yes oo...what kind of mention were you expecting with that crazy monicker of yours
hahahahha everyone has a smellinganus especially after defecation... So what's crazy about what everyone experiences...
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
Sikay19:
cheesy Islam is a blessing. I am proud to be a muslim, Mansha Allah.
The Bitter Truth is that Only Jesus Saves....Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
maynation:

Lol. We all were actually until we found Christ.
John 14:6
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
Sikay19:

Please, maintain your belief. I do respect other people's belief and i will never condemn their respective choices of belief. Do the same by not dragging me into your inane illusion. You surely can do better than this, have a nice day.

Jesus can still save you if you allow Him....
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by thorpido(m): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2019
Siralgebra04:

U don't need any imaginary spirit to interprete d verse to u, it is very logical. Jesus said he can't do anything on his own i.e he follows d order of a superior (God).

Let me quickly give u a silencer. The verses where Jesus is termed Messenger of God and Prophet. That will settle everything because a messenger does not have power to be a saviour.
Escapist as usual.smh
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
Pavore9:
He then asked Anthony Joshua to speak on the role Islam has played in his life.

''A big role Islam has played in my life because my uncles went to Mecca and pray for me and if a Muslim comes to me and pray for me for blessings. I will respect the person,'' Anthony Josshua explained while answering the question
......A proof that though not being Muslim, he respects the faith of others.

The Faith of others won't matter on judgement day... If you are not in Christ.... Hell is waiting for such fellow

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Barcelona Squad Left Their Dressing Room Dirty After CL Win (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Benin: AFCON 2021 Qualifier (2 - 1) Full Time / India Vs Nigeria: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.