Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Am I Making A Mistake? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Making A Mistake? (91705 Views)

Am I Not Making A Mistake? / I May Ruin My Girlfriend's Life, If I Make A Mistake / Once Is A Mistake,Twice Is A Habbit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by domido(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
dannyla:
I opened a new account to remain anonymous.
This story is a bit long but pls bear with me.

I met this man almost 2yrs ago at an event a friend invited me to. The next week, he collected my number from my friend and called me, we began talking from there and agreed to go on a date. He proposed marriage to me on the first date which I rejected. I told him that I can't marry outside my church and from the little I've heard from him, our life dreams differ. I decided to cut him off from that day and I stayed away for about 3months. Meanwhile he got my friend to introduce him to my sis, mum and another friend who happened to be from his place, I'll call her Grace.
He made them all aware of his intent towards me and my stand and asked for their help to change my mind. Grace became his biggest ally and convinced me to have another date. He asked that we date for a while and see if we can work out our differences. During the date I noticed he has a very hot and quick temper and he listens to gossip a lot so I do tell Gracethat I don't see a future with him but he was too persistent, Grace always had words of encouragement and considering the fact that for some strange reason, it was mainly married men always approach me for a relationship with stories of how they got married to a wrong woman and they are or are almost divorced, dating a single man with no kids was very tempting and I decided to give it a try.

He asked me to tell him everything about me so there are no secrets between us and I did. Starting from secondary school to that day, I told him everything, from my first kiss, the colleague who tried to rape me, my ex who lied about his marital status and disvirgined me etc. he did the same too and I felt a burden roll off my shoulder.

Few days later I began to notice changes in him especially towards my business. I thrive in a male dominated industry in a ratio of 9men to 1woman. He asked me to show him the pictures of my colleagues which I did, he also asked if they make passes at me which I said is almost inevitable but my boundaries are clear and rigid.

Fast forward to now. I noticed that whenever I drop my phone, he goes through it. Facebook, sms, WhatsApp etc. He even picks my call when I'm not close to the phone. He asked me about a certain colleague who cracks dirty jokes like how I rushed to get married (I told him I'm already married). I didn't think much about it.

He later began to complain about my partners and how I'm sleeping with them like the prostitute I am, called me an unrepentant liar, unsubmisive, manipulating etc. Said he regrets asking for my hand at all and he's just waiting forthe day he'll catch me redhanded so he can dump my sorry a*s.
I told him to end it now cus I'm fed up, family came in and I later found out that Grace has been telling a lot of lies against hoping to get him for herself as well as hate filled advises from some aggrieved friends who felt ladies from my tribe are no good and just there to "chop money". Apologies were said and received and we continued.

Another time I visited him and we had an argument, he gave me several heavy knocks on my head and I developed a headache and began to insult him which resultedin more heavy knocks. I broke up with him and left. Later my mum called him to ask why he laid his hands on me, he denied it swearing with his life. Said I insulted him and he lost his temper and insulted me back that he's sorry. He began to drop messages everywhere and I eventually gave in.

3rd incident happened on our way back from an event. He saw a message from a colleague he told me to stop doing business with cus he feels the man has his eyes on me which is totally not true. He flared up, stopped the car and was even threatening to beat me up. I came down from his car and stood by the roadside. He came down too and gave me the insult of my life in full public view and glare and told me to enter the car which I refused. I had no money on me and had to beg a stranger for money. By that time he was coming back, he quickly took a picture of both of us and sent it to everybody of how he caught me in the act with my lover on the road. He called me and said that if he must marry me, I must break my business sim card and look for a wife friendly occupation or sit at home.

He later apologised over it. Meanwhile he and my sis don't flow as before as he once called her a prostitute.

I want to call it quits but everyone around me feels it's a mistake and he is saying everything out of anger and if I'm patient enough, he will change completely.

I must admit that he has changed alot since we met but the progress compared to the timeframe and the heat I face everyday is nothing to write home about.

He loves me to a fault and I don't know if I can find someone who loves me like him but his other attitude is sniffing life out of me. Do I stay or quit?
Thanks for reading and pardon any typos

Sometimes I wonder the kind of men we have in our societies today. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Idzitari1(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
Stay, I bet u, u will regret why u were born. What u ar seeing is jst an introduction the worse is yet to come
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
dannyla:

I met this man almost 2yrs ago at an event a friend invited me to. The next week, he collected my number from my friend and called me, we began talking from there and agreed to go on a date. He proposed marriage to me on the first date which I rejected. I told him that I can't marry outside my church and from the little I've heard from him, our life dreams differ. I decided to cut him off from that day and I stayed away for about 3months. Meanwhile he got my friend to introduce him to my sis, mum and another friend who happened to be from his place, I'll call her Grace.
He made them all aware of his intent towards me and my stand and asked for their help to change my mind. Grace became his biggest ally and convinced me to have another date. He asked that we date for a while and see if we can work out our differences. During the date I noticed he has a very hot and quick temper and he listens to gossip a lot so I do tell Gracethat I don't see a future with him but he was too persistent, Grace always had words of encouragement and considering the fact that for some strange reason, it was mainly married men always approach me for a relationship with stories of how they got married to a wrong woman and they are or are almost divorced, dating a single man with no kids was very tempting and I decided to give it a try.

He asked me to tell him everything about me so there are no secrets between us and I did. Starting from secondary school to that day, I told him everything, from my first kiss, the colleague who tried to rape me, my ex who lied about his marital status and disvirgined me etc. he did the same too and I felt a burden roll off my shoulder.

Few days later I began to notice changes in him especially towards my business. I thrive in a male dominated industry in a ratio of 9men to 1woman. He asked me to show him the pictures of my colleagues which I did, he also asked if they make passes at me which I said is almost inevitable but my boundaries are clear and rigid.

Fast forward to now. I noticed that whenever I drop my phone, he goes through it. Facebook, sms, WhatsApp etc. He even picks my call when I'm not close to the phone. He asked me about a certain colleague who cracks dirty jokes like how I rushed to get married (I told him I'm already married). I didn't think much about it.

He later began to complain about my partners and how I'm sleeping with them like the prostitute I am, called me an unrepentant liar, unsubmisive, manipulating etc. Said he regrets asking for my hand at all and he's just waiting forthe day he'll catch me redhanded so he can dump my sorry a*s.
I told him to end it now cus I'm fed up, family came in and I later found out that Grace has been telling a lot of lies against hoping to get him for herself as well as hate filled advises from some aggrieved friends who felt ladies from my tribe are no good and just there to "chop money". Apologies were said and received and we continued.

Another time I visited him and we had an argument, he gave me several heavy knocks on my head and I developed a headache and began to insult him which resultedin more heavy knocks. I broke up with him and left. Later my mum called him to ask why he laid his hands on me, he denied it swearing with his life. Said I insulted him and he lost his temper and insulted me back that he's sorry. He began to drop messages everywhere and I eventually gave in.

3rd incident happened on our way back from an event. He saw a message from a colleague he told me to stop doing business with cus he feels the man has his eyes on me which is totally not true. He flared up, stopped the car and was even threatening to beat me up. I came down from his car and stood by the roadside. He came down too and gave me the insult of my life in full public view and glare and told me to enter the car which I refused. I had no money on me and had to beg a stranger for money. By that time he was coming back, he quickly took a picture of both of us and sent it to everybody of how he caught me in the act with my lover on the road. He called me and said that if he must marry me, I must break my business sim card and look for a wife friendly occupation or sit at home.

He later apologised over it. Meanwhile he and my sis don't flow as before as he once called her a prostitute.

I want to call it quits but everyone around me feels it's a mistake and he is saying everything out of anger and if I'm patient enough, he will change completely.

I must admit that he has changed alot since we met but the progress compared to the timeframe and the heat I face everyday is nothing to write home about.

He loves me to a fault and I don't know if I can find someone who loves me like him but his other attitude is sniffing life out of me. Do I stay or quit?

Are u well??

Is this really a true story? Or just nairaland creating sensational stories to us to create more traffic??
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Galaticos444: 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
IAmStrange:
I have come to notice that most times when human beings fall in love, we lose our willpower. People mistake it for sense - meaning we lose our sense but it's not true in many cases.

The person who is in love can actually have His sense intact and functioning and in every event, he knows the right thing to do... But he just doesn't do it because he has lost his willpower and his resolve has become weak so he runs around seeking advice from people so that their comments can serve as a sort of motivation to carry on with what he already thinks or knows he should do.

Secondly, you were saying he loves you to a fault. I don't want to dispute that. But I want you to know that "love" is not the only thing to be considered when choosing a spouse. You must not - I repeat - you must not marry someone JUST because he loves you. Love is not the only thing that guarantees happiness in a marriage.

There are more important things to be considered.

Do you really think those husbands that send their wives to the hospital after beating them thoroughly do not love their wives? in fact, they sometimes do that due to extreme love and protective jealousy for their wives?

Do you think all those men who womanize and cheat on their wives do not love their wives? In fact, in many cases, they do love their wives and give her all respect and love she deserves and would never allow any man come near her. Yet, they are serious cheats!!!

You are going to live with the character of your man and the character of your man is one of the major factors that will determine if he will make a good husband, father, in law to your people and if he will make a good "head of the family".

So cancel out that idea that "he loves me to a fault" if you think that that's enough for you to give in to him.

It's better for you to marry someone who loves you averagely and he treats you like the "queen" you are than get married to someone who "loves you to a fault" and he treats you like you are "serving a sentence as a prisoner" in his house.

Then thirdly, I want you to know that, that man has serious issues and if I were you, I will flee from entering into a marriage with such a person.

Please open your mind - that guy is going to cage you. He's probably going to make your life miserable.

- He has anger issues.
- He has trust issues
- He is uncultured (calling your sister a prostitute and hurling insults at you)
- He is a wife beater
- he jumps to stupid conclusions hastily (calling you a prostitute and going to the extent of taking your pictures)
- He checks your phone and wrongly accuses you of different things
- His jealousy is overboard

Believe me, A man who has all the above will probably make life miserable for you.

He may be the kind of man that will make you sit at home and cut you off the world. Then he maltreats you and doesn't take care of you, making you age faster and weaker as time goes on. Then he will be giving outsiders the impression that he is taking care of you and when you try to complain, they listen to him and not you.

And when you now start looking miserable, he ends up cheating on you with more beautiful girls out there while he leaves you at home to your misery.

There are men like this out there - that guy may be one.

So I advise you to flee from him. Do not listen to anyone. Don't let anyone pressure you into accepting him. They are not the ones to bear the pain and when you die and they get to know the true story, they will still blame you for accepting him.

That's life!

Then, please, do not also think low of yourself and pressure yourself into accepting him just because single men are not coming or because of your age.

Marrisge is a beAutiful thing but that's only when it's with the right person.

Being happily single is better than being miserably married

If you listen to the stories of many married women out there, you will thank your Lord and consider your single status a blessing, thanking God for saving you from what those married women have experienced.

I don't know your age but I think you are probably "not too old" yet.

Please, think positively of your God, yourself and aim for good.

Leave that man and after you have done that, pray to your Lord to bring you a good man you can settle down with.

And while you are still waiting, please be patient and understand that our major purpose on earth is to serve God. That's the major and true success.

Being single doesn't mean that you are a failure, don't let society pressure you into believing that.

The one who is married doesn't necessarily have more superiority in the eyes of God than the single one. The level of superiority is measured by how much you are close to God, how much of righteousness you achieve on earth and how much you do things that matter to the whole world - things that affect people positively.

Being single may turn out to be a blessing on its own. I know some people who went to very great heights of which it would have been difficult to achieve if they got married. What matters is your happiness, your wellbeing and how much your Creator is pleased with you.

So pray to your Lord and hope for good and be positive that he will send you a good man. But while you are waiting, try to do other meaningful things in your life that will bring you happiness.

Don't settle for a bad man who will make your life miserable.

May God soften your heart and grant you your desires.

dannyla
u nailed it!!!
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by BabaIbo: 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Whixh page pls

Page 7... his moniker is Nat404
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by toni4691: 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
I can assure you the man will never change . I have married for 29 years , be warned that if within the short period you have known him , all these happened it would be difficult for him to stop. Mark my words .

The worst you can do to a woman is beating her .

Be careful.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Brightgem(f): 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
IAmStrange:
I have come to notice that most times when human beings fall in love, we lose our willpower. People mistake it for sense - meaning we lose our sense but it's not true in many cases.

The person who is in love can actually have His sense intact and functioning and in every event, he knows the right thing to do... But he just doesn't do it because he has lost his willpower and his resolve has become weak so he runs around seeking advice from people so that their comments can serve as a sort of motivation to carry on with what he already thinks or knows he should do.

Secondly, you were saying he loves you to a fault. I don't want to dispute that. But I want you to know that "love" is not the only thing to be considered when choosing a spouse. You must not - I repeat - you must not marry someone JUST because he loves you. Love is not the only thing that guarantees happiness in a marriage.

Do you really think those husbands that send their wives to the hospital after beating them thoroughly do not love their wives? in fact, they sometimes do that due to extreme love and protective jealousy for their wives?

Do you think all those men who womanize and cheat on their wives do not love their wives? In fact, in many cases, they do love their wives and give her all respect and love she deserves and would never allow any man come near her. Yet, they are serious cheats!!!

You are going to live with the character of your man and the character of your man is one of the major factors that will determine if he will make a good husband, father, in law to your people and if he will make a good "head of the family".

So cancel out that idea that "he loves me to a fault" if you think that that's enough for you to give in to him.

It's better for you to marry someone who loves you averagely and he treats you like the "queen" you are than get married to someone who "loves you to a fault" and he treats you like you are "serving a sentence as a prisoner" in his house.

Then thirdly, I want you to know that, that man has serious issues and if I were you, I will flee from entering into a marriage with such a person.

Please open your mind - that guy is going to cage you. He's probably going to make your life miserable.

- He has anger issues.
- He has trust issues
- He is uncultured (calling your sister a prostitute and hurling insults at you)
- He is a wife beater
- he jumps to stupid conclusions hastily (calling you a prostitute and going to the extent of taking your pictures)

Believe me, A man who has all the above will probably make life miserable for you.

He may be the kind of man that will make you sit at home and cut you off the world. Then he maltreats you and doesn't take care of you, making you age faster and weaker as time goes on. Then he will be giving outsiders the impression that he is taking care of you and when you try to complain, they listen to him and not you.

And when you now start looking miserable, he ends up cheating on you with more beautiful girls out there while he leaves you at home to your misery.

So I advise you to flee from him. Do not listen to anyone. Don't let anyone pressure you into accepting him. They are not the ones to bear the pain and when you die and they get to know the true story, they will still blame you for accepting him.

That's life!

Then, please, do not also think low of yourself and pressure yourself into accepting him just because single men are not coming or because of your age.

If you listen to the stories of many married women out there, you will thank your Lord and consider your single status a blessing, thanking God for saving you from what those married women have experienced.

Leave that man and after you have done that, pray to your Lord to bring you a good man you can settle down with.

And while you are still waiting, please be patient and understand that our major purpose on earth is to serve God. That's the major and true success.

Being single doesn't mean that you are a failure, don't let society pressure you into believing that.

The one who is married doesn't necessarily have more superiority in the eyes of God than the single one. The level of superiority is measured by how much you are close to God, how much of righteousness you achieve on earth and how much you do things that matter to the whole world - things that affect people positively.

Being single may turn out to be a blessing on its own. I know some people who went to very great heights of which it would have been difficult to achieve if they got married. What matters is your happiness, your wellbeing and how much your Creator is pleased with you.

So pray to your Lord and hope for good and be positive that he will send you a good man. But while you are waiting, try to do other meaningful things in your life that will bring you happiness.

dannyla
Herein are amongst the few who still speak and type well. With logic and wisdom.
This comment be giving me oxygen. Plus I am guessing you are Muslim. The manner of speech?

But why just joining Nairaland. This place needed your likes long ago.

Welldone for a well delivered comment. The OP can find all answers here. The signs are glaring.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by budusky05(m): 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
You never tell us why ur still considering him, maybe he backs very well or his loaded? But my advice is stay alive
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by tiziano(m): 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
My sister Japa. Run for your life, thank God you guys ain't married yet.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by TruthinAction: 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
dannyla:

You don't need a prophet to tell you what to do. If your story is the way you wrote it, you should have fled long time before now. The handwriting is very clear. It will not work. Your friends and family asking you to continue don't love you. Or, are you advanced in age or ugly looking? I don't get it. Just stop this stupid relationship. Focus on your career and serve God with your life. The right man will locate you at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Wiseking00(m): 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
dannyla:

The funny thing is there are women lining up to date him o. So he feels he's doing me a favour / I'm the lucky one
[b][/b]

This is the reason he is treating you like that...
I have a friend like him also he can insult anybody( male,female, adult, Young) he has no respect for any woman because he believed they are plenty outside who are looking for arrived men and he is capitalised on that to treat them his own way..

I am not to judge but someone that feel insecure while dating how is going to feel when you married him. My sis he is going to cut you off ,you will end up be a full house wife depending on him for every kobo because he will ask you to stop work and if you don't he will start complaining that you are sleeping with all men in your office.

But pray if to go ahead or not but based on what you wrote here hmm mm plz run don't let his statue or your age deceived you that can't find anyway that will treat you well. Work on your mistake too because men used to believed the moment you are dating them you have to cut something and some people away from you which is wrong to me but you can apply wisdom this is one of reason why he is behaving that way and he believes you don't want to lose him

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by yusluvad(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
Ati wo front page. Oshey...
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by oshaosha2014(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
For your sanity and safety, please quit that relationship. Love will find you.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by armadeo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
Only a fool will see a pot of vipers surrounding soup and say eba never finish.

If you like eat from the pot only you will vomit it.

With all this you are still asking for advise and you havent even become his legal wife yet.

Continue oh my dear just continue.

I hope he lives around ejigbo so cyracus can provide us the details of your story here.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
IAmStrange:

- He has anger issues.
- He has trust issues
- He is a wife beater

That's life!

dannyla
wisdom oozes all over you. Best regards!

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by saintruky(m): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
So u came here to table my matter right? angry

dannyla:

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nat404:
The lady in context is a serial cheater. Unfortunately for her, the man found out after going through her online messages. Instead of this lady to move on with her life, she turned part of the episode upside-down in order to get support. As usually, folks who are naive with the situation here already supporting her.
Please are you familiar with the story?
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Blackicegold(m): 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2019
Una never talk YES I DO and he is behaving this way
How would after marriage be like.

Big sis. You are fortunate this characters are showing up now.

Flee.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by uncjay(m): 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2019
Staying in a toxic relationship is suicidal, in a toxic marriage? na death na....

pls run for your life. that guy is not for you. he will see your end if you continue. save your life.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by YorubaLord: 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2019
mikeywise:
why will a man knock a grown up woman repeatedly on the head? Run for your life now that you can.

grin grin grin
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by damoobaba: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=dannyla post=84965384]

Hmmmm,
My mom was deflowered by a rapist and all she ever asked of me was to get married as a virgin. Till today, she doesn't know that I was raped too. She once told me she will die a sad woman if I don't keep her request. My father died when I was a girl. My mother sold her clothes to raise us.
If I leave, he'll tell her I'm not a virgin anymore and she will never have that peace she has now. I can't watch my mum suffer for something she didn't do. My mum once used to be hypertensive. What if it comes back due to shock? My aunt used to mock my mom over the rape before our very eyes and my mum simply told her that one wasn't her fault but her children will marry honourably. My mother's pride is the reason I let the rapist walk free. This man knows and will tell everyone.

I'm not yet strong enough to relocate us very far away or foot any drastic bill. That's a major reason I've been tolerating. The advise from those around me doesn't help either. That's why I seek public opinion [/quotto

Aunty, what's your problem nah? Let him carry trumpet and announce to the angels in heaven that you were raped nah, are you the first person to be raped? He's using what you fear against and you're falling for it. Even Bobrisky that is committing a taboo in Nigeria is not as unsecured as you are. stop all these stories and get the police to kick him outta your life. My kind of person, I will not walk away from him jejely o, I'll tell him not to near my house or any of my people again, he goes near any of my family members,I can tell the family member not to near me for the next five years for me to clear my head on the next step to take. Pls be matured and stop being a baby,He doesn't feed you, don't let him take you away from your REAL HUSBAND.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by aoshea18: 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
okirewaju:
If I were you, I'll take off the current footwear I'm putting on and flee

A man that has verbal diarrhea is a turn off plus a woman beater and still insecure undecided

They will keep edging you until you fall into that pit. There is a difference between Wedding Ceremony and the Marriage itself.

You deserve so much better. Don't settle for less

I back this 100%. Take this advice please and thank you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by SegunDgr8(m): 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
Op, you've said it all and you're still waiting for us to advise you.
From all indications, this so-called man will kill you if you eventually get married to him. He's insecure and possessive. You need someone who will love you for who you are. You better call it quit rather than entering into a relationship full of regret. As they say, " A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage". Be focused, the right man will come in due course.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Damysa(f): 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
Talking from personal experience, please run for your life, if you doubt me, 2 years is too much for him to show his true colours after marriage. That man is set to ruin you I bet. He is so insecure and threatened by your success. I will bet with my life that man is cheating on you big time with different girls hence he feels you are doing the same.

Advice: if you want to have children as quickly as possible and leave him, then I will say go ahead otherwise RUN now.

That man is just warming up, he will make you useless in life and kill your dreams only for him to turn around and blame you for your failures and call you good for nothing and also compare you with your mate that are doing well. Whatever you see now will be 10 times when you are married

I am a living witness to this and am already planning my exit with my kids. Note: men like him will never change.

okirewaju:
If I were you, I'll take off the current footwear I'm putting on and flee

A man that has verbal diarrhea is a turn off plus a woman beater and still insecure undecided

They will keep edging you until you fall into that pit. There is a difference between Wedding Ceremony and the Marriage itself.

You deserve so much better. Don't settle for less
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
My Dear, I'm a guy and I'm gonna tell you this, plain and simple as it gets: Break Up With The Dude.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by NuelNuelTT(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
A relationship without mutual respect is hell no. Sis, don't just only QUIT, please RUN for your life. My 2 cents.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by aoshea18: 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nnaabros:
'He loves me to a fault' That's a wrong, dangerous kind of love. A faulty, possessive, insecure love. The type psychos have for their victims that could make them even kill you because 'they loved you so much they couldn't stand seeing you with someone else'

Real love is not faulty. It doesn't give you a bad feeling or bad experience.

'What people say'. You and you alone will bear the consequences of your choices and decisions, not people. Whether you choose to stay with him or leave is entirely up to you.

And this advice as well. Take it please
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Emperorx: 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
[see sister one thing u should get straight here is marriage is for better for worse this man u feel loves u is too jealous and he might eventually kill u or disfigure u pls I don't know u but I can feel u are a beautiful woman pls don't let a man like this cut short ur destiny all in the name if marriage leave him a better man is coming. quote author=dannyla post=84954899]I opened a new account to remain anonymous.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Graxie(f): 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
To think some low lifers are urging her to marry the man shows how damaged most people are. Madam poster, now I know why most men on nairaland don't pity women in bad marriage. You are seeing the signs, yet because of I must marry syndrome and the silly excuse of other women flocking around him, you are ready to waste yourself and your unborn kids. Go ahead and marry him, I will wait for the next episode.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by mimimile93: 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
People like u wuld cal her evenin newspaper if she stay single. Let hr marry and b careful wit d man.d man wud change.
Mariangeles:

It would be a thousand times better she remained single, than to marry that MONSTER!
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by D1zion: 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
The earlier the better.put a stop to that shit before you become obituary during your honeymoon. This man is not a marriage material abeg.run now. There's no doubt he loves you but Its too much.he will kill you out of jealousy. Pls cut the ties now before its too late ooo.no matter how long it takes you'll have your own man that God prepare for you.my sister a word is enough for the wise.run run run now.hmmm
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by zoezoelogistics(m): 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Thank you Stars all this are happening now while you are yet to get entangled and bound to him forever in marriage.

For Christ sake, are you seriously contemplating spending the rest of your life with such a man?
Haba.

Insecurity
Lack of trust
Lack of respect for you
Domineering
Physical abuser
Possessive

Can you cope with a life with someone who has these nature?

I am married and I can tell you, marriage can be sweet if you are with the right person , it could also be highly frustrating if you are with the wrong person.

From the little you have written about him, you need no soothsayer to tell you he is a wrong person for you.

My dear don’t sentence yourself to life imprisonment and everlasting bondage.
Trust me once he marries you he will claim total possession over you such that he will possibly practically sniff life out of you: you can’t do anything without his permission, you can’t receive a phone call without his approval, you can’t socialize , you can’t even see your family and friends , the same people he is using to beg you now will be seen as not good enough to be seen around you.

Don’t say you were not warned.

Selah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Fetish Priestess That Is Very Pretty? (be Truthful) / Student Dies During Masturbation In Front Of Laptop / Ghanaian Bride Weds Without Makeup And Accesories Yet Looks Amazing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.