Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks (68955 Views)

Pastor Stops Man From Proposing To His Daughter. Photos And Video. / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On A Boat In The Middle Of A River (Photos) / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by kingxsamz(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.

Horseshit.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Today's clergymen are bigger than God.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by leoHomo: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
orisirisi
[/s]
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by realstars: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
The game of show
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Alexaonfleek: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
The reason why the pastor stopped the engagement was not even because it was someone else's wedding.......it was just merely because of the fact thay he wasn't aware of it.

It is usually when they've agreed to marry that's when they inform the pastor.....I dunno of this church ooo
The only wrong thing the man did was proposing at someone else's wedding,and even at that they'll steal the show for only a few minutes....

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by leoHomo: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
post=85002432:

Okay, we don hear!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Chanchit: 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
This idiot is an unrepentant fool. he needs pankere mimo.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Sanchez01: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.
The church became desecrated the moment church weddings started holding therein!

The guy was only following a secular trend that had found its way into the church.

The place of the church in any potential union is to offer counseling and the intending couple reserve the right to choose whether or not to accept being counseled in the church.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
Made4NaijaM4N:
Over the weekend, a video of a Nigerian man being stopped from proposing to his girlfriend during a wedding service, went viral.

In the video, a pastor could be seen stopping the man from proposing to the lady, saying he wasn't aware of their relationship and couldn't give his consent for the engagement.

The man in the middle of the drama, Emokpae Ehis, has reached out to LIB to state his own side of the story. According to him, he has been going out with his girlfriend, Gloria for over 7 months now and he decided to propose to her at her elder sister's wedding which held at Souls Harvester at Udu road in Delta state.

Read what he said below

Watch a video of himself and his girlfriend after she accepted his proposal below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MgdckXiEjM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6LVrTbHVGG/?igshid=19gsbm9py70xo

End-time proposal
End-time intending couple.
Anyway, God is not mocked!

In a healthy church, you don't even talk to the sister until you have shared your intention with the pastor, & your claim has been scrutinized.

But these ones even look like they have been having pre-marital sex self.

Smh

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by lomprico(m): 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
why na inside church you propose? you stole the show from the bride n groom. ju man. angry
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by yongflex20(m): 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
Just came here to read comments cos I dunnot understand the story. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by hardbody: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Their church, their pastor, their engagement. I am not opinionated. Whatever makes them happy, although I hold my views and if i speak out, it will certainly go against the man heading the church, I don't call people by those titles, even Jesus had no title, he was a teacher and that was what they called him.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Flier: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Foolish man
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by MedicH: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
They never born pastor that will stop me from engaging my bride in the church.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by atiku4President(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
NevetsIbot:

Must the pastor be aware of everything?

He's proposing marriage for God's sake... Marriage.. he's not asking her out man.. Marriage.. it's a thing of joy.. The pastor, however surprised would have done no wrong by blessing their future union and congratulating them... After all, it's in their fathers house.

Does the pastor know about the quickies that have probably happened in the church premises? Does he have to permit you to drop a chewing gum wrapper on the ground too? Cos you wanna save the image of the church.

Can you save the image of the church? Can God be helped or saved?
I pray you come to that situation where you don't know everything going on in your house.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by happney65: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Kingosytex:
Why?

The pastor was high on Oshogbo weed.

May be the pastor was secretly giving the girl green light.

"May be the pastor was secretly giving the girl green light"..I think so..He come dey pain am... grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

[s]The way some of you reason baffles me. You mean the pastor who oversees the Church should have sat down and watch what he didn't know about happen in his presence? Tommoro if anything bad happens to the relationship (but God forbid) people like you will still come out and start insulting the pastor. What a generation we are in now[/s]

Your own reasoning is even worse than those whose reasoning baffles you while yours is more than baffling to me.

You don't need the approval of any pastor to propose my friend and it could be done in any damn environment of your choice since there are no hard core rules to follow on choice of marriage proposal environment.

The pastor can decide not to oversee the wedding but not to interrupt a proposal after all not all marriage proposal eventually leads to a wedding so your argument is porous and very baffling.

I read in another thread that the pastor in question is the father to the lady that was proposed to and I did stated on that same thread that the pastor and daddy to the lady as a father has every right to stop the proposal which is the natural instinct of a father kicking in at that point since he claimed he wasn't aware of the relationship because he is being protective of his daughter getting proposed to someone he has no clue exist but your reason for interrupting the proposal is very ludicrous and primordial.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ishilove:
Rubbish and ingredients. How can you propose at someone else's wedding. It is their special day so I don't know why you couldn't shelve your Hollywood theatrics for a more opportune time. Now you have been embarrassed and you are now coming here to disturb us with your nonsense.

Who even asked you for your silly explanation?? Which one is even "engaging in the presence of God is the best". Just negodu nonsense

Dude is just behaving like the bastard he is.... I don’t know why people propose in public like wtf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by DarkJeddi(m): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
This is the kind of SH1T that happens when you elevate SCAMMERS to position of authority over your life..

Religion is a SCAM.. undecided
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Osidazz19: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Stupid Pastor and his zombie follower. Religious slave master and his slave. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Salt3: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

Just as it's inappropriate for the guy to do such in church, so it is inappropriate for a pastor to expect members to inform him of their relationships. That's not what he was called to do sir. Even the white wedding we do in church is so uncalled for and inappropriate. The house of God is a house of prayer, not a house of YOU MAY KISS YOUR BRIDE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by TheMan3: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
a thousand likes for you

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by DelphiOracle(m): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

The way some of you reason baffles me. You mean the pastor who oversees the Church should have sat down and watch what he didn't know about happen in his presence? Tommoro if anything bad happens to the relationship (but God forbid) people like you will still come out and start insulting the pastor. What a generation we are in now
Hun? If something bad happens to the relationship, people will blame pastor? Which kind reasoning b dis

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by dave4rella(m): 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2019

I don't have any opinion

But I know that real niggers propose with pregnancy and not ring
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by jasman1: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
“Shit Hole” worry more about crime infested place
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Lawalemi(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
He's a foolish young man. I wonder what point he wanted to prove
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by DelphiOracle(m): 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
linearity:

Much ado about nothing!

Keep blowing empty air!

There is no scriptural backing or example to the nonsense you just spoil out there, that the Pastor must be in the know!

In fact, there is no scriptural backing or example for church wedding; the Bible only supports traditional wedding & parental consents and guy stated that, the girl’s parents are aware, which is inline with the scriptures.

The Pastor should have removed his over blown ego from the matter, if that was truly a Church, it therefore means that, it belongs to God and not the Pastor and the guy is permitted to do his engagement before God....Eli in the Bible did not poke nose into Samuel’s affairs with God.
over blown ego indeed.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Amumaigwe: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

The way some of you reason baffles me. You mean the pastor who oversees the Church should have sat down and watch what he didn't know about happen in his presence? [b]Tommoro if anything bad happens to the relationship (but God forbid) people like you will still come out and start insulting the pastor. [/b]What a generation we are in now

@Bolded: If you think the pastor will be blamed if the guy's marriage fails just because the proposal happened in his church, then the pastor should be stoned to death in the event the very marriage he officiated on that day fails.
Your reasoning is well below average.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by ComeAndobo: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
SirMichael1:
I see no reason why the pastor should interfere in your matter. Save for the fact that you proposed in his church, he's got no right to stop you. So should you have proposed in an eatery, will the owner come at you and ask you not to propose?? These hogwash doesn't sit well with me.

Propose during someone else's wedding? On their day? Trying to take the attention off the unique day of another person?

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by OyinO: 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

God has no house. All those houses were built by man for business. So he's in charge and decided what happens in his business centre. Simple!
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Shikena(m): 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
... Imagine no Pastor interruption and the girl says a capital NO for inside church grin

Pls guys, orderliness is important in the Church. Churches have specific processes in place for marriages. When it gets to that time you can bring yourself & your partner in front of God's people after official introduction & engagement between your families - definitely not for all these 'show off' proposals. Whether the Bible forbids it or not, don't put an innocent lady on the spot by proposing in the church especially during a special event with clearly listed out order of events. Unnecessary distraction. Kudos to the Pastor for using his initiative.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Who Kissed A Guy From Ikeja To Lekki & Back To Ikeja Shares Her Story / How Do You Feel When A Lady Who's Not Your Girlfriend Sees Your Joystick ? / Guy’s I’m Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.