Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? (26700 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Babe Is Pregnant And Am Unemployed; Should I Keep The Baby? / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by SmashingM(f): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
If he's unwilling to adjust his lifestyle to suit his finances, i'll advise you run for dear life.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by james1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
@clintwine:seconded.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by akossyy: 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
my dear girlfriend let that squander of man be becos in future he can never make a home for u,
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2010
First of all, i would love to say I love Naija girls you can't try this with them, it's always the other way round. grin grin

Secondly @ Poster, run as fast as you can, no jokes.
I have been there before and I thought I was being a good girl friend, I was so silly and stupid. I was used for years, my allowance, my school fees, little business money , name it, He took all and never gave me anything, not even birthday gifts. At the end of the day, what happened?? he slept with my best friend.

Guys like this are no good, they would just take and take and if you get married to him, my dear get ready to become a pauper. You will pay all the bills, take care of all the kids, pay school fees and still have to give him money  embarassed embarassed . Anyone behaving like this at 37 would most likely live the rest of his life this way.
I am sure you deserve more than this

Might be hard now but think of the future. Marriage is not a bed of roses
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by jaybee3(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2010
Don't give him when you are obviously not comfortable with it.
The issue shouldn't really be a case of the b/f depending on the g/f as it could as well be the other way round.
The issue here is the other person taking you for a ride and best way to deal with it is you taking a harsh stance.

Let him know you are not comfortable with him relying on you all the time and if indeed he does have a problem with it then the dude is obviously not yours and best bet for you would be to get stepping
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ Jaybee,

Considering the fact that the relationship is just 5 months old shocked and he his already showing his true self
Let her just take a walk jare
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
^^^ Truth spoken.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by jaybee3(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2010
aysometin:

@ Jaybee,

Considering the fact that the relationship is just 5 months old shocked and he his already showing his true self
Let her just take a walk jare
Well i kinda disagree as it's not enough reason for her to just walk. IMO she hasn't painted him bad in any other light and dude's behaviour might be fuelled with the G/F's actions for all we care.
Who doesn't like awoof?
Best way to test his real intention is to say No next time he asks for money and see how he reacts.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Brai777(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2010
Leave the guy before its too late. if u end us marrying him be sure that you will be responsible for raising your kids alone
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by hackney(m): 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2010
@poster:
He's just a boy.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by 2busy: 3:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
Tactful Advise
Let’s save our time and effort. When people ask us for advice, let’s not give it to them. After all, they are NOT really asking for it.
Prior to asking us for advice, people have their mind already made-up about what they should or should not do. What they are REALLY searching for is for something that reinforces their pre-set, unsaid standpoint. It is no wonder, frequently; they get defensive about our advice. Most of the time, our advice conflicts with their pre-set standpoint.
When someone asks us for advice, let’s be tactful. Redirect their searching-for-advice question back to them, “What do YOU think about that.” Many times, they already know the answer and happily give it to us.

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.” ~Erica Jong
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by oldskul(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2010
You appear to be deeply in love with this guy and could do anything to safe your relationship with him! I understand from your points that you don't have problems meeting his demand and am not going to advice you against that; but you need to be sure the guy is worth the trouble!

Livdit as said it all.

Good Luck
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by aparata: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
Mother christmass pls let me have ur contact so i can share from ur flambouyancy
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by pannyman(m): 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ poster, I believe deep down in you, you already know the answer to your question.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by alexleo(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2010
some ladies can be so foolish in the name of love. How can you be giving a man money all the time and he never pays back and you keep giving. PLS STOP NOW OR REGRET IT LATER. Let that guy sort his recklessness out with God.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by jamesugo: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
True love should be reciprocated otherwise it's fake.
Take a break and see his reaction.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Battery1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2010
@poster
NO! dnt stop! Keep givin God luvs a cheerful giver. D guy is stil testin u 2 knw if u are a wife material,so keep givin
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by oge4real(f): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
Please open a bank account for him and start saving for his pension.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by eves4guys(f): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
read the hand writting on the wall.he is just not it.it wont be easy leaving but u just have to do somthing for urself.this guy will milk u dry before u know it,he is gone to marry another.its so simple take it or leave it.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Battery1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2010
Wat do u hv in mind or think while givin him money,mayb that 2morow tins wil turn out well 4 him,at d age of 37?,who wil be a fool in 3yrs time?
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by buzugee(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
why is it ok for women to ask men for money anyhow in a relationship but when the roles are reversed then it is wahala ?? grin you better marry the man. ko si oko ni london (their is no husband in london). the devil you know is better than the one you dont wink
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by jamesugo: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
Battery.:

@poster
NO! dnt stop! Keep givin God luvs a cheerful giver. D guy is stil testin u 2 knw if u are a wife material,so keep givin
oge4real:

Please open a bank account for him and start saving for his pension.

U guys are funny.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by buzugee(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
mkpuluma:

Poster

At 27 you are to young to start xperincing dis kind of poo.

My only advise is that you should leave that fake boyfriend of yours now that the day is still bright

when the day gets dark u wont be able to chase the black goat.

Hope u get what i mean.

Wish you all the best.
what is the appropriate age to start experiencing this kinda poo. do tell ?
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by bros1234(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
if you are not handsome at 20, strog at 30, rich at 40, wealthy at 50, wise at 60, you will no longer be handsome, strong, rich, wealthy and wise

Think
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by ugosly(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2010
Chei!!!Nnaaaa' le' kw'a ATM grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by buzugee(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
bros1234:

if you are not handsome at 20, strog at 30, rich at 40, wealthy at 50, wise at 60, you will no longer be handsome, strong, rich, wealthy and wise

Think
how do you explain samuel jackson, morgan freeman and denise farina who got their big break in their forties and early fifties ? how do you explain denzel washington who looked like crap in his twennies but blossomed in his forties to be the desire of every woman in america ? how do you explain george bush still being a cretin at 60 ? grin grin grin my point being that you are full of crap. you dont compartmentalize human life like you do sardines
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
For the fact he uses ur money to smoke, quit giving him money, he cant even buy Baz for himself. , useless boyfriend, if Husband is ur problem contact me and we get it fixed,

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by wazobiang: 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2010
shoot the monkey and have a good night sleep
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by instinctg(m): 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2010
its better u take heed before its too late. aint seen nothing yet. Wait till u get married to a wretch! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by nkilirox(f): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2010
quantumgal:

We have been dating for 5 months now and about two months into the relationship, he started borrowing money from me to pay for bills, put gas in the card, by cigarettes and sometimes even food. At that point, he was unemployed. He has since found a job but manages to squander his pay within a week of getting paid. He has since come back to borrow even more from me although he has not repaid in whole what he previously owned me. He has explained that all this paychecks had gone towards settling old debts which I believe but his financially irresponsible lifestyle frightens me. He has started talking about serious commitment while asking me to help top up his phone credit. He is 37 and I am 10 years younger. He is most caring and nice as a person but unstable in the sense where he does not seem to manage to keep a job down, quickly blames the outside world for his failures, says that he is not ashamed to ask for handouts and does not adjust his lifestyle to fit his finances i.e spending money that even people with steady income do not spend. I do not know how to tell him that I find it unmanly for a man to be running around asking for money left and right (he even asks his mother and younger sisters) and that although I would love the idea of settling down, I fear that rushing in with him will end up making me loose my own balance (this month only 1/3 of my salary has already gone out to him). All opinions welcomed. Thanks.

ewooo, you're financing him and he will use your money to get in a better position in life and dump you for someone sharper than you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by bababuff(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
Nothing wrong with giving him money. BUT you need to convince yourself that your investment in him is worth it.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by castrogee(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
Quantumgal, honestly speaking i do not have problems with you giving your boyfriend or (fiance) money to spend, but my worry is in the story line. From the look of things it's like this your boyfriend is a ver careless and lacadisical fellow, otherwise he should be ashamed of himself as old as he is, he is condesceding so low to ask for financial assitance from a girl, let alone a girl that is much more his junior. my advice therefore is; try to iron things out with him and give some time may be 2 months to know if weather he will change, but if does not and remain adamant then you got to take a walk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best Gift To Give Your Lover On Her Birthday ??? / 6 Things You Should Never Eat Prior To A First Date. / Why Are Men Always complaining About women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.