Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? (26703 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Babe Is Pregnant And Am Unemployed; Should I Keep The Baby? / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by beety: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2010
Hey my dear,
The fact that hes 10 years older does not mean u should not use ur head. ln one sentence, 4rm wat u just said about this guy ''u are headed 4 the rocks''[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by rebranded(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2010
run!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by igbogolo: 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2010
One word

'RUN'!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Theblessed(f): 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
[b][size=18pt]Didn't your mother warn you about pimps, like this? She didn't? Ok, keep supporting a man the best you can, one day you will learn! angry

Hmmm! Sure you're doing this because, he promised marriage as part of the bagain, or inwardly you're dying to hear him propose to you, no bi so o o? In your view, you think you've found a man?  Keep trying!

And, you're here complaining to us about his inability to hold down a job, what do you want us to say?  But, may I ask, why would such a lazy a r s e hold down a job when he has a meal ticket and a money spinning machine lying next to him in bed, would you?  I won't, especially in this cold weather? Think again!

Get rid of that shameless rat, can't you see, you and your generousity is being abused in the name of love? If he so loves you, wouldn't he be the one splashing on you rather than, take, take, take from you! 

Please drop this useless rat now, and don't ever come here again seeking our opinions on this issue because, the answers are as clear as a crystal ball - even a village fool would tell you to drop the love-vendor, he's nothing but a shameless looser!!! angry

Imagine, you're already having a 'cashflow' problems now you're not even married, wait till children pop their heads then, you will realise what a looser-w a n k e r, he is---!
[/size][/b]
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Tolulop001(f): 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2010
igbogolo:

One word

'RUN'!

GBAM! i cant 'chout'!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by hbrednic: 9:57pm On Dec 04, 2010
dude has an ATM in his bedroom,what do you expect him to do
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by roymary: 1:21am On Dec 05, 2010
LOL. Please give him more money! Dude is a Bombo. Real men won't find it easy to ask you for a dime. We all were once broke and it wasn't funny but i can't remember having the courage to swallow my pride and ask a lady for financial assistance.

Please, come up with countless excuses, telling him something came up and your next salary is even going for it. Let him try the next girl.

Tell him i said he's a lazy arse and should stop drinking bottled water; public tap water suits him better.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Koolking(m): 1:40am On Dec 05, 2010
LIVEEDIT has really portrayed a pertinent respond to your query (problem). Thanks Liveedit for the exposure.

There is nothing absolutely wrong in asking for loans from a partner; and helping is angelic. But it becomes embarrasingly wrong when your partner (a guy like me) keeps requesting forever, except he is your  GIGOLO. I hear this kind of story with people that lust with older (rich) women, which is compromisingly debasing.

In fact, the guy is an embarrasment to manhood. Personally, I can only imagine asking my girl for loan; it embarrasses and belittle me. I dont even dare. She has her own responsibilities. If I do ask, I will be having sleepless nites - that I have deprived her of a lot of things and until I pay back I wont have the gut to look her in the face.

I must say, you are unquantifiably kind hearted my dear. It's very rare among ladies. Pls, stop indulging him. You have only succeeded in making him manless and irresponsible. You are suppose to make him into the kind of man you need as a future partner. you wont offend God, him or yourself if you make him see reasons why he needs to be financially wise. Like LIVEEDIT advised, stop giving and see how long he will hang on.

Dialogue helps not violence!

Thank you

UDOFIA
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Abdblues(m): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2010
you better run while you can now!!!!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by geosegun(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2010
LIVEEDIT has really portrayed a pertinent respond to your query (problem). Thanks Liveedit for the exposure.

There is nothing absolutely wrong in asking for loans from a partner; and helping is angelic. But it becomes embarrasingly wrong when your partner (a guy like me) keeps requesting forever, except he is your GIGOLO. I hear this kind of story with people that lust with older (rich) women, which is compromisingly debasing.

In fact, the guy is an embarrasment to manhood. Personally, I can only imagine asking my girl for loan; it embarrasses and belittle me. I dont even dare. She has her own responsibilities. If I do ask, I will be having sleepless nites - that I have deprived her of a lot of things and until I pay back I wont have the gut to look her in the face.

I must say, you are unquantifiably kind hearted my dear. It's very rare among ladies. Pls, stop indulging him. You have only succeeded in making him manless and irresponsible. You are suppose to make him into the kind of man you need as a future partner. you wont offend God, him or yourself if you make him see reasons why he needs to be financially wise. Like LIVEEDIT advised, stop giving and see how long he will hang on.

Dialogue helps not violence!

Thank you

UDOFIA

BEST ADVICE EVER.

TRY AND SEE IF YOU CAN HELP CHANGE HIM. MAY BE YOU ARE THE ONE GOD SENT TO CHANGE HIS LIFE FOR GOOD. IF HE TRULY LOVES YOU HE WILL DEFINATELY SHIFT GROUND. IF AFTER SOMETIME THERE IS NO IMPROVEMENT WITH RESPECT TO YOUR STANDARD. THEN I WILL WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN GETTING A REAL FUTERE PARTNER THAT WILL MEET YOUR STANDARD. A WORD THEY SAY, ,
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by InesQor(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2010
@OP: Na wa. I had to follow the link from the frontpage. You have an incredible heart of Gold. Pls dont let the man damage it. Tell him you need a break apart from him to assess your financial future as a couple. Chill and watch during that break, if he tries to fix himself then maybe there is hope. If he doesnt, run abeg.

@the blessed: Sister, no offense meant o, but your huge purple text is quite painful to read in my honest opinion. I think I said it once before. . .
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by atxqtpie(f): 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2010
It appears that he is using you and knows he has a "line of credit" when his paycheck runs out. I would recommend that you stop giving him money and see if he will stay with you then. Also, you should request from him the money that he has so far "borrowed."
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by vescucci(m): 1:45am On Dec 06, 2010
37, ten years older and asking for cash for utilities is sideways. I hope you're not on the bandwagon of 'if I don't get married before 30 my life is forever messed up'. Life starts at 30  cool. We're unborn yet

. . . . . . . . and ditch the freeloader
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by stranger: 5:49am On Dec 06, 2010
Yeah
Your BF can be liken to your mother's corpse; YOU JUST HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by segzicres(m): 10:10am On Dec 06, 2010
the guy's obviously irresposible and will never change no matter what you try on him,i'll advice that you withdraw now!!!!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by disreason: 10:46am On Dec 06, 2010
Please leave the guy without any hesitation. I tell you this if the man finds another woman that can spoil him with money more than you presently do, he will be the one to first leave you. Please run for your dear life. God will provide you your own Boaz
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2010
@OP, obviously, your BF is of no use to you other than sapping your hard-earned money, can i be your new boy-friend (pretty please) grin
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by punkdsage(m): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
babe, ma advice is dat u should stop giving him money, either he learns how to spend wisely or he gets outta ya life, think bout wen u guys are married and with kids too, u dont wanna be the one palying the role of the bread winner ok, just give him till the end of the year and then as soon as next year begins, count him down if he doesnt change, a word is enough for the wise,
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by chidiogor: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2010
my dear, ur guy has got some serious issues if only u will agree. His problem is jst a matter of financial indiscipline. u shld try and encourage him to always draft a budget even before the salary show. if with this much effort he does not show appreciation, then u as a sharp babe shld know what next to do.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Shoolar(m): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2010
Dat is ur destiny, ur destiny is to be head of d family but my advice 4u is 2 kip on wit such guy coz when he'll become richman he won't 4get U. Chikena!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by divaG: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2010
Gal its rather simple n straight 4ward, that is to stop giving him money. U need to break free from him, he knows ur weakness,
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by emmalezy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2010
maga don pay .marry him and start eating sand mumu mugu.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by turboman(m): 12:23am On Dec 07, 2010
[size=15pt]Money has made NL ladies throw "Gender equality" to the dogs.  I love it when they agrees that the man is the boss, but it seems to occur only when money is involved. Thieves! ole!! barawos!!!  angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by ruffrider(f): 2:02am On Dec 07, 2010
This guy I liked ask me to buy him a laptop. All the feelings I had went down the drain after that. I don't ask men for money, but they think because you don't ask them, they can ask you. I don't have anything for ya homie.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by Olalimits(m): 6:48am On Dec 07, 2010
You pay him for the panches he gives you cause from what you explain its glaring that you guys have sex & you keep paying him for services rendered!!!
My advise,run before you become committed to paying for services rendered for a lifetime!!!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by scorpio1(m): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2010
"The guy has a big spiritual problem, !
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by jamesugo: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
scorpio1:

"The guy has a big spiritual problem, !
Guy,it is the lady that have spiritual problem.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by phizman(m): 12:21am On Dec 08, 2010
pple like me looking 4 serious minded gurls of ur type 2 settle down wit, gurls dat can hold their own financially so dat i can concentrate on major projects 4 d two of us, yet u're wasting ur time wit one ATM guy, probably his age encourages u he will marry u, not thinking he can also dump u after socking u dry, USE UR HEAD, B4 HE HELPS U USE IT, infact, he is already using, RUN Y U CAN!!!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by poceda(f): 10:10am On Dec 08, 2010
Are you still there asking what to do instead of discussing with Usian Bolts on how to increase your running skills? My dear dont reverse your God gven role.
Yours is to help that means the man must first carry the load before you lend support. But sometimes occasion warrants that you go beyond helping but in this case the man is not even looking at the load not to talk of carrying but instead he brings more load for you to carry. Take it from me that this man would have another woman that he is giving money to cos every man wants to be respected and to get this respect they have to play their role. Since he is not playing that role with you he is definitely playing it else where and you my friend is Bring Bring.
If you continue with this guy let me tell you what you will definitely experience. When a collegue in your office sends you Hundred naira recharge card, tears will run down your eyes or when someone else volunteers to buy you lunch, you will almost kiss their 'royal feet' not becos you cant afford it but becos you would have forgotten what if feels like to receive gifts from your loved one and them HATRED for this man will set in that is if he ends up marrying you at all. But he will still keep the other woman where he gains respect to feed his ego. My dear contact Bolts and run for your life now that it is not late. A failed courtship is better than an unhappy marriage. I am talking from experiences of my close friends. Dont come and say had I known!!!!!!!! cry cry cry
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by evatee(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2010
Cant blame you coz i knw gurlz will do a lot to make dir guyz marry them. If the love is dir continue giving and be puttin him to series of test. If he passed the test, you knw if he worths givn money or not, SOME DUDES CAN BE TOO CALLOUS!
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by eobaro(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2010
Its a challenging situation and difficult for u to decide. I will need to really chat wit u if u're comfortable wit this. Call me on 07028074251 or 08098562283 and lets chat ok? U may not need to leave him but just need to get him mature in his finances.
Re: Should I Keep On Giving Money To My Boyfriend? by ITbomb(m): 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2010
eobaro:

Its a challenging situation and difficult for u to decide. I will need to really chat wit u if u're comfortable wit this. Call me on 07028074251 or 08098562283 and lets chat ok? U may not need to leave him but just need to get him mature in his finances.
[ eobara, Ur plan no go work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Never Eat Prior To A First Date. / Why Are Men Always complaining About women. / l am about to cheat on my partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.