Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back (63524 Views)

Help My Ex Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Help!! My Brother Thinks I Want To Ruin His Relationship / She Wants To Ruin Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Smellingrillmea: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
Octaves:

I'm not ignorant. You are evil.
People who are drugged before they are killed don't feel pain but it doesn't make it right, does it.
Abortion is equal to murder. No sugarcoats

You are ignorant .......when the baby has not even been formed you call that murder .....very ignorant

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Favour22amaka(f): 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
I am AA . Thank God
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Favour22amaka(f): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
I am AA. Thanks be to God.
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by lawmani: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
There are options available for both AS couples to use and have normal kids. But these options are not cheap and involves a lot of emotional commitment and religious believes.

1. PGD - I will break it down - During IVF, the fertilized embryos will be Gene tested for Sickle Cell. The ones that passed will be implanted and if a pregnancy is achieved, the baby will be okay. Note that IVF/PGD success rate is less than 40%. This procedure will cost more than a million naira with a very low success rate.

2. CVS - This procedure is carried out during the 8th week of pregnancy to determine if the fetus has Sickle Cell gene. The test cost about N250k to N500K depending on where you do it. LUTH is about N300k. As christians, please note that termination is a mortal sin and I do not advise that.

3. Bone marrow transplant - It can be done after the baby has been born and reached a certain age. A donor is gotten most times from the siblings and the procedure is not done here in Nigeria. It cost about 30,000 Euro in Europe to do.

4. Get married and use a donor sperm of AA or Donor Egg of AA to get pregnant. In this way, you have eliminated having SS kids. But the child biologically wont be from one of you. The question is, can your wife agree to carry another person's egg? Or can you allow another person's sperm to be used? Most times, a donor egg is used so that both couples will have a sense of involvement. The sperm is from the you and your wife carried the baby to full term even though the egg is not hers, but carrying the pregnancy and giving birth to the baby will create a special bond between her and the baby.

5. Do not give birth to any child. Simply adopt.

There are other procedures that a being developed abroad to achieve SS cure. I believe in a couple of years to come a breakthrough will be announced.

It is not easy to end a relationship!

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
decatalyst:
My brother, I understand your plight.

I am in the same shoe...and the people out there just keep singing "you should get married" upandan and I wonder if I go just carry anyone to the alter and start family ni. undecided
Loolz..so funny ni.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Raheemzee(m): 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
Babaheekmat:

Very beautiful question.

Everything that happens is from Allah.. Be it you see it as good or bad..

When it comes to marriage.. Allah gave us instructions on how to do that.. Allah knows what's best for us.. He told us the things to look for when marrying and HE didn't include genotype..

Since we Muslims have been following this rule.. Nothing like genotype issue..

Science is absolutely not reliable coz it's findings are always changing..

Will you then give yourself a problem upon what's not sure or rely on your creator?..

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي سَعِيدُ بْنُ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏

‏ تُنْكَحُ الْمَرْأَةُ لأَرْبَعٍ لِمَالِهَا وَلِحَسَبِهَا وَجَمَالِهَا وَلِدِينِهَا، فَاظْفَرْ بِذَاتِ الدِّينِ تَرِبَتْ يَدَاكَ ‏"

‏‏‏

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a losers.

Sahih al-Bukhari 5090
In-book : Book 67, Hadith 28
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 27  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

Thanks sire!

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by decatalyst(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
wealth25:

Loolz..so funny ni.

Nah the truth oo

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by decatalyst(m): 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Niccoloimhotep:
hahaha bros with long years experience. How's work sir?

You are a modafvucker grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by decatalyst(m): 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
Avast:

What is there to understand. Is it the love that will fade off few years after marriage.
Have you ever spent time with an SS before, I guess no.

If peradventure you give birth to SS. I swear you will hate yourself.

I was replying the dude nau. Not me

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by NickD(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
Cheato64:
I and Oma have dated for more than 2yrs, I intend getting married to her. When we started dating she told me from onset her genotype is AS. I taught I was AA because I did the test when I was like 10yrs.

We decided to go for HIV test just to be sure even though we had unprotected sex. On doing the HIV test, the attendance whom we didn't ask, checked our genotype, performed all the test because she taught we were couple and since it's an Anglican Church hospital and we came together, it means we are planning to get married.

The result came out HIV negative for both of us, blood group O+, while she's AB and genotype we were both AS. She insist we call it off, 2yrs courtship just like that.

Oma is a nicest person I have ever known after my mom, she takes care of me, I eat healthy, I don't repeat clothes both inner and outer wears. She makes sure I work out regularly, I don't do house chores yet my friends envy me whenever they come visiting.

Name any good thing Oma has it. Now Oma has moved on but I can't, I kept on looking for a lady like Oma, now I understand why most men talk trash about Nigerian women (no offense) and when I meet a lady the first thing I ask is her genotype.

I can recall I asked a lady her genotype even before asking for her name. I can't keep a relationship all I think about is my sweet Oma. She has moved on so she claim but we still talk and she told me she has a man right now even though we still sextexting, we talk how much we miss each other it's been over 6 months since we last saw, she relocated to delta while am in Enugu.

I invited her which she decline but invited me which I accepted I intend going this weekend and I will ask her to marry me, if we get married there is a possibility our first 2 children won't carry the sickle cell anemia. My friend is telling me not to do it but my mind is made up.
First I'll advise you rerun the test in another hospital. Second, your last line shows how ignorant you're about sickle cell. You can have 2kids and they'll be both sicklers. There are tests done to determine the genotype of the developing foetus but why would one want to go through such stress that can be avoided.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by philfrey08: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
Cheato64:
El rufai also have sickle cell
ha! people are telling you now o
Love is blind... open your eyes bro
when e set, will u remember el-rufai?
do you know what he is going through?
Dont make this lady hate you later in life for making her choose a life of suffering cos of your selfishness

Biko..... Pray to God on the alter, a better Oma will come

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Longman8: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2020
It is the time of decision that our destiny is shape. Better to make the right choice now than to suffer in regret and pain in the future.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
Azmanaty:

Can we be friends?? I like ur spirit ma'am
Yeah. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Spacewalker(m): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
OP u said u have made up ur mind abi

Well get ready to endure suffering and pains followed by regrets when u get married.

I just pity ur urborn children,their suffering will be great.It is not a curse,just a fact

Anyways goodluck on whatever action u take undecided

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Niccoloimhotep: 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
decatalyst:

You are a modafvucker grin grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Azmanaty: 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
Chi59:

Yeah. Thanks.
I sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by nervorum: 12:03am On Jan 09, 2020
Cheato64:
I and Oma have dated for more than 2yrs, I intend getting married to her. When we started dating she told me from onset her genotype is AS. I taught I was AA because I did the test when I was like 10yrs.

We decided to go for HIV test just to be sure even though we had unprotected sex. On doing the HIV test, the attendance whom we didn't ask, checked our genotype, performed all the test because she taught we were couple and since it's an Anglican Church hospital and we came together, it means we are planning to get married.

The result came out HIV negative for both of us, blood group O+, while she's AB and genotype we were both AS. She insist we call it off, 2yrs courtship just like that.

Oma is a nicest person I have ever known after my mom, she takes care of me, I eat healthy, I don't repeat clothes both inner and outer wears. She makes sure I work out regularly, I don't do house chores yet my friends envy me whenever they come visiting.

Name any good thing Oma has it. Now Oma has moved on but I can't, I kept on looking for a lady like Oma, now I understand why most men talk trash about Nigerian women (no offense) and when I meet a lady the first thing I ask is her genotype.

I can recall I asked a lady her genotype even before asking for her name. I can't keep a relationship all I think about is my sweet Oma. She has moved on so she claim but we still talk and she told me she has a man right now even though we still sextexting, we talk how much we miss each other it's been over 6 months since we last saw, she relocated to delta while am in Enugu.

I invited her which she decline but invited me which I accepted I intend going this weekend and I will ask her to marry me, if we get married there is a possibility our first 2 children won't carry the sickle cell anemia. My friend is telling me not to do it but my mind is made up.

It's BIG TROUBLE if you chose to go ahead, especially if you live in Nigeria. Both of you would be unhappy for a long long time. Your kids may not forgive you for being selfish. Like someone said, visit sickle cell clinics and see for yiurself.

However, If you live elsewhere, say UK/US, i know its POSSIBLE to go ahead and have healthy children. I have seen scd patients who look healthier than some of us.

1.With IVF technique you could screen out embryos with sickle gene and implant only the normal ones. Very expensive, even with insurance. Not happening presently in Nigeria, as a treatment option.

2.With natural insemination, prenatal screening can be done at 16wks of pregnancy to determine genotype of the developing baby, andif SCD, decisions can be taken from there.. Not yet happening in Nigeria as a treatment option

3. A child with SCD can have bone marrow transplant before development of complications and with good medical care live a healthy life. A couple of successful cases have been done in UBTH with good outcome, i'm not sure if its still happening, considering the geometrically progressive decline in hospital infrastructure. Its very expensive, and with attendant complications.

All in all, its not worth the anxiety and stress that comes with it.

Its up to you..

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by leokid866: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2020
Listen to your friend bruv, he loves you. Two years is nothing....I know people with 3-4 years relationship that we have urged to quit it when the S-gene got involved. You are just looking ato the S-gene as something to play with.... you don't know the S stands for Superman....if you try it not only will the two of you have risked your futures but your kids as well....

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Nnemuka(f): 2:43am On Jan 09, 2020
Hi Seun
pls can we have a block button?
there're some handles and monikers I nolonger want to see pls.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by pattybf(f): 5:37am On Jan 09, 2020
R u not d same person that got married in 2018 n ur wife ve been checking ur phone? I guess none of these stories r real!

All these small boys sef

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by iamclime(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2020
This story reminds me of the characters in my first short novel (yet to be published): PRISONERS OF BIOLOGY. I will give excerpts here soon. Maybe some people will learn a thing or two from it.
To the Op, my advice is simple: If you know you will have children, DON'T DO IT!

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by pacehood(m): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Cheato64:

My man go and take the test again, they probably made a mistake the last time you took the test. It has happened to many.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Octaves(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

You are ignorant .......when the baby has not even been formed you call that murder .....very ignorant
When the baby had not formed was before fertilization. Once the ova is fertilized, you have a baby at it's earliest stage of development, at this point, there is no moral justification to terminating it as that would be tantamount to murder.

If you can't prevent the fertilization from happening, forget it.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by runi: 12:53am On Jan 11, 2020
Sorry about your pain. I can tell you that it is better to quit a relationship now rather than bring children to the world who will have sickle cell disease. The pain and trauma will be too much in the future. For your own education people with AS also have their own issues. People who are AS (also known as sickle cell traits need to be mindful of their own health.

Recent research shows that "Sickle cell trait symptoms Unlike the more serious sickle cell disease, SCT generally causes no symptoms. Most people with the condition have no direct health consequences due to the disorder. Some people with SCT can have blood in their urine. Because blood in the urine can be a sign of serious condition, such as bladder cancer, it should be checked out by a medical professional. Although it’s rare, people with SCT can develop symptoms of sickle cell disease under extreme conditions. These conditions include:

increased pressure in the atmosphere, such as with scuba diving
low oxygen levels, which can occur while performing strenuous physical activity
high altitudes
dehydration
Athletes with SCT need to take precautions when performing. Staying hydrated is extremely important.
[center][/center]

you can read more on this from this website https://www.healthline.com/health/sickle-cell-trait#symptoms

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by mamatwiny(f): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
Cheato64:

I just saw this post now. If you are rich, you have a chance of marrying OMA. Their is selective IVF that you can choose the blood group and sex of your baby before transfer. Go to any specialist fertility clinic near you and confirm about this service and the cost. If your finances can carry multiples of it, then you can go ahead. Else, it I a big No. Have you seen a sickler have crisis? Ask any of their parents. The pain is too much. The emotional trauma is also horrible for the parents. It can happen even 2am. And after suffering all that for years, 90% of them die b4 21 years.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by cooltola(m): 5:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
once you can chat freely with and opposite sex for 1,2,3months and you start feeling something for them. I mean something genuine not a hit and run feeling. There's a way a gist might come up and you will ask the person their genotype.
You don't need to ask as if you are proposing already so they don't start telling people ypubasked for their hand in marriage. You know we girls can be funny.
You might not need to ask if you are very sure that you are an AA.

genotype no dey show for face expect for ss. no one can even know who is AS or AA. Beside many Nigerians have the sickle cell trait so it is really gamble

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
cooltola:

genotype no dey show for face expect for ss. no one can even know who is AS or AA. Beside many Nigerians have the sickle cell trait so it is really gamble
What I'm saying is that an AA doesn't need to ask because they can marry anyone. But if you are AS you need not be shy to ask because if you wait too long before asking, you might find it hard to break if the other person is also AS.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by dROC1: 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
10 years and I'm still in relationship limbo because of genotype. Wedding was cancelled because of genotype test. In hindsight, I would advise any couple who have found true love to go for PGS. This would be my biggest regret of the last decade, as it's been an uphill task finding a good AA woman amongst the limited women available now.

However, I believe I will find the right AA woman someday. Always ensure you check your genotype early and go for PGS if you can afford it, so you don't end up loveless and lose the love of your life like me. smiley

Hope this helps someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by cooltola(m): 7:30am On Jan 12, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
What I'm saying is that an AA doesn't need to ask because they can marry anyone. But if you are AS you need not be shy to ask because if you wait too long before asking, you might find it hard to break if the other person is also AS.

Not all Nigerian know that they are even AS or even AA. I am actually an AA but many people think I am SS because I use to get sick a lot when I was younger. I get malaria easily because of my blood type. Not everyone know their genotype and do not even have the time to know.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
cooltola:

Not all Nigerian know that they are even AS or even AA. I am actually an AA but many people think I am SS because I use to get sick a lot when I was younger. I get malaria easily because of my blood type. Not everyone know their genotype and do not even have the time to know.
Our people really need to wake up. People need to know their genotype.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Surro: 11:34am On Jan 14, 2020
Are you new to IVF?

You seek a fertility clinic to register with?

Or you probably registered with a clinic for your IVF processing, still no compatible surrogate mum in the picture?

Come today, come tommorow.......Same stories?

We are here for you. We are a surrogacy agency you can trust at any time anywhere in Nigeria.

In partnership with various fertility clinics across the country, we bring IVF to you at a huge discount to save you that cost!

We also provide you with surrogate mothers, egg donors, sperm donor, and many more at impressive rates.

We offer both surrogate types; be it gestational or traditional.

We do not jeopardize quality for ill gains.

OUR AIM- Bringing surrogacy to an affordable rate for the benefit of all.

Contact us: plus two three four seven zero eight one four eight two two three four

E m a i l- L i f e c i r q u e (at) g m a i L (dot) com.
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by lahizak: 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
Cheato64:

I know a lot of people would av said dis... please i beg u in d name of God. End dat relationship. U av a very huge chance of bringing a child into the world of endless pain. Try go to sickle cell clinic or watch youtube videos of their pain and u will understand. Heartbreak is hard but u will survive but bringing children to the world of pain because of dat is unforgivable. End d relationship and endure dis pain, soon enough u will love again

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Never Been Approached By A Guy / Don't Ever Date A Broke Girl / Photo Of An Alhaji Carrying His Girlfriend's Bag Goes Viral On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.