Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (52857 Views)

FG, South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To Unity, Stability Of Nigeria / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by NGpatriot: 11:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
JastSiryin:
I'm not a "hater. but that's not to say I don't have a staunch reservation for people(powerful or not) who are known to value their selfish interests over everything else. The problem with folks like you is that you ignorantly worship power and anyone who wields it, not minding if they're of questionable character nor the implications it would have on your life as a citizen. But anyways, my prayers are with you and others like you.

And folks like you love to ignorantly assume and conclude that agreeing with certain individuals based on the position they take is worshiping. Even if it's worshiping, are they forcing you to worship anybody?

The fact that you don't like the man which is your rights and privilege doesn't mean other people should follow your hateful and bitter path against the man.

Pray for yourself for God to drain hatred for your fellow man from your heart.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Vidyut: 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

And folks like you love to ignorantly assume and conclude that agreeing with certain individuals based on the position they take is worshiping. Even if it's worshiping, are they forcing you to worship anybody?

The fact that you don't like the man which is your rights and privilege doesn't mean other people should follow your hateful and bitter path against the man.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 24, 2020
NGpatriot:

His username/handle is sadly payperpost:

Sad irony on his part. grin grin

my moniker was inspired by my passion to deal mercilessly with people who get paid per post on here, so my moniker payperpost is kinda form of mockery of the bunch.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by NGpatriot: 12:19am On Jan 24, 2020
payperpost:

my moniker was inspired by my passion to deal mercilessly with people who get paid per post on here, so my moniker payperpost is kinda form of mockery of the bunch.

Another pay per post by payperpost...lol

Comedian..

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by TruthinAction: 12:36am On Jan 24, 2020
I hope there is no employment clause that they should include Fulani people into the scheme? They should be careful who they employ before they start giving out information to the herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by JastSiryin(m): 1:03am On Jan 24, 2020
NGpatriot:

I maintain again that I do not hate anybody. I view him just the same way I view the other "strongmen" we've had the misfortune of being ruled by, no more no less. It's just sad how our leaders lack vision, and how we celebrate mediocrity. He is a powerful man indeed, but certainly not an exemplar for the proper use of power.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by ojokolax: 2:09am On Jan 24, 2020
Since it wasn't about security for you but rising up to arms, sorry to inform you that's not how we roll in the SW. Peace is encouraged then pursued delegently
jimyjames:
My friend shut up you amotekun vigilante afonja , osinbajo and tinubu just succeeded in selling the south west to Fulani's, amotekun is already weak , what will amotekun guys with sticks do against Fulani's with AK47?

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by baysol: 2:09am On Jan 24, 2020
ShobayoEmma:
Dare the Yoruba's at your own peril. Meanwhile Buhari can't be trusted.
That's why he put his stuges everywhere in key positions. SW must be wary not to be carried away by this victory, they must make sure they have a say in who is posted to the SW. As they may post fulani to the SW to undo the objective of setting up of operation Amotekun, over to you governors.

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by giantstar: 2:26am On Jan 24, 2020
congratulation
crownwealth:
Buharin & his gangs of terrorists herdsmen in trouble.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by pacespot(m): 2:59am On Jan 24, 2020
You cannot but love Yoruba's skills of diplomacy, I'm a Yoruba's but I still learn diplomacy from my people everyday. It is naturally part of them and their culture. FG will benefit from this SWSN too, there is no need for tribal tension for something meant to restore peace and nomalcy back to a part of the country, except miyeti Allah see it different. Well, not to get too excited, we are still waiting for the outcome of this joint legal framework for amotekun between fg and south west governors.

By the way, I was stopped by SARS today, we had few confrontational moments before we ended our conversation in smiles.

4 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Tumadre: 3:37am On Jan 24, 2020
ShobayoEmma:
Dare the Yoruba's at your own peril. Meanwhile Buhari can't be trusted.

Lmao y’all were stressing hard the other day and now it’s the Yorubas are #1!!!! Mannnn, sit down

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by samento: 4:02am On Jan 24, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
We the people from the yeast are very dismayed that thos Amotekun is taking off... we wanted this useless operation to be scrapped. Infact on Monday we are going to protest and demand the cancellation of this nonsense except they also proscribe ipob as legal.

IPOB has been proscribed already now. So don't bother yourselves with protest. Inugo.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by tiredoflife(m): 5:40am On Jan 24, 2020
Mastakija:
you're pained
Ojo de nu isan. Oga shut the Bleep up and go and sleep jor

Truth is bitter
Whatever version of amotekun u people had has been redesigned by the fulanis
It's no more a yoruba amotekun
It's a fulani amotekun
The more things change the more they remain the same
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Akingun1990: 5:48am On Jan 24, 2020
jaryeh:
Asiwaju intervened yesterday; problem solved today.

Love him or hate him, Jagaban is miles ahead of the rest!
Actually, Jagaban spoke like an Elder states man, Nevertheless, my observation is that the North ascribes so Much power to itself and also whenever they are at the centre, The south west governments would have raised some observations on civilian JTF, the way the average Westerner raised...
we all knew civilian JTF didn't have any legal backing before it came into existence, and till tomorrow nobody dares Ask them to be legalized, and mind you, they bear arms.....
Doesn't that makes (Civilian JTF Illegal), Legally.....

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by coolitempa(f): 6:25am On Jan 24, 2020
hammerF:

See nobody like your lunatic comment, despite being one of the first to comment.

If anything, Yoruba enjoyed Igbo support on this.

I salute the ibos for the first time ever....they got this right. I hope they can set up their own too.. kiss

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by tophumble(m): 6:41am On Jan 24, 2020
I know u need medical attention, ur frustration will just kill u. Check my comments on Amotekun and u will know I am fully in support.

I know u are not good at English otherwise u would av understood I was referring to Akeredolu's response to the quoted question.

Ode radarada

mutumina007:
Go and sit down somewhere you illiterate if you don't have a TV go and ask your neighbour to update you about the news.

AGF never said Amotekun was illegal and the FG has agreed. Amotekun is here to stay.. Bad belle abeg par well.

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Dustyn: 6:46am On Jan 24, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Another pay per post by payperpost...lol

Comedian..
[/s]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Dustyn: 7:15am On Jan 24, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Kiezodumah(m): 7:40am On Jan 24, 2020
Now that they have agreed to @ least draft a framework around it, that outfit would be made functionally rudimentary as much a s possible. Osnbajo is just a tool/ puppet who goes wherever he is sent. Fear Fulani, they are the FG even when the president is from another region.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by wellmax(m): 7:42am On Jan 24, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Stupid nonsensical Afonja
May you find healing for your soul.

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:47am On Jan 24, 2020
jaryeh:

Don't give Asiwaju d credit. He was neutral. The credibility should go to Adebanjo and d likes who refused to cowed by d exothermic judgement of AGF.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by HAKYN1: 7:53am On Jan 24, 2020
jaryeh:

You want Osus to have heart attack
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by HAKYN1: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2020
Ustec:

Really,
You will soon realize who the real herdsmen were,
I hope you won't be shock though.

I for one will not be shocked! There are criminal elements in every tribe. Take for instance, the middle belt and southern Nigeria have been claiming herdsmen are responsible for the major atrocities going on there, north east is blaming boko haram while north west is lamenting bandits. As it is now, nobody has a clear picture of who this criminals are especially in the south. Therefore, let this kind of operation commence, we may get answers to some of our questions. Nobody in his /her right senses will harbour a criminal under the guise of tribal affiliation. I have never heard of hoodlums operating before and asking of state of origin before robbing their victims
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by toplinetrtrend: 8:42am On Jan 24, 2020
eventlamp:
Watch and see how the hypocrites that speak from two sides of their mouth would start applauding the FG now.

Budaatum, now that the FG has supported Amotekun, hope you are now realizing that you are a stupid, senseless and mentally confused person?

Omo àlè yorùbá ni é!

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Conner44: 8:44am On Jan 24, 2020
Opotoyi901:
Today many nairaland terrorists will not sleep grin grin eg

Osayefo98
Hillsong34
Conner44

see you ...

Something that’s not yet legalized and you’re jumping upandan happy. Lol

Don’t worry, after bubu proscribed it I will tag/mention you with laughter in my heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Donaldoni: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2020
Osagyefo, how many paracetamol pills have you used since yesterday... grin

Chai!

Slaves can only wait for their masters to lead, while they follow... grin

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Misterdhee1(m): 10:20am On Jan 24, 2020
darediamond:

Before Tinubu speaks, actions to legalized AMOTEKUN is already underway

Tinubu is not in anyway SOUTH-WEST LEADER! Oyo State is an Example of what I have just said.

If not for G.S.M (Govenor Seyi Ma...), AMOTEKUN would have not come alive.

Lol. What role did Seyi Makinde play? Person wey even sent his deputy to the meeting. You are ignorant as the word itself

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by One4me: 11:16am On Jan 24, 2020
jaryeh:

Dont fool youtself (since you can fool others), over this Bola Ahmed Tinubu so-called intervention.

- Can anyone really swear that Tinubu was not aweare of the formation of Amotekun?
- Why then did he not GUIDE them at the early stages an dmake meaning ful suggestions to them back then? Why wait till now?
- Sawo-Olu was already at Ibadan on the day of the launching, before Tinubu used REMOTE to ask him to turn back, via Phone Call (Its a shame Lagos is being governed by an adult whose brain cannot work unless Tinubu presses the remote button!). Why waith till the Lagos Governor was already at Ibadan before recalling him?
- and What exactly did Tinubu say that was NEW or that we dont already know about, in his broadcast?
All he did was SIT ON THE FENCE and postulate his own ego. Moreover, Tinubu already knew there was going to be a meeting with the Governors on Tuesady (initially) hence he timed his statement to conincide a day before the meeting, just to make himself he centre of discussion.

The problem Tinubu has with Amotekun are TWO FOLDS and l will explain:
1.) RELEVANCE: Tinubu wants Amotekun to fail, because he feels people like Akeredolu should not be more pronounced than him in the south West.
- Tinubu sees the Governors of the South West taking this necessary initiative as an affront to his influence in the South West. That was why he keept mute, hoping problems will arise and trying to seize the moment to make his speech and launch a sort of authority/superiority over the Governors.
- Tinubu knows everything about Amotekun and even more than the average person but he would still sabotage the security outfit and the interst of the South West, for personal ego and othe rpersonal gains.

Contd.....
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by One4me: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2020
Contd......
2.) 2023 'wishful' Presidential Ambition:
- There was an agreement between CPC (Buhari's party) and A.C. (Party Tinubu leads in the South West) pre-2015 election when they merged.
Buhari as CPC nominee will rule for 4yrs and the Presidency will be given to AC nominee for the next four years.
along the line Buhari reneged on this gentleman's agreement and decided to go for a second term, on the undertsanding that the A.C nominee in APC, will also go for two terms (Which Nigerian President honors such agreement anyway?)
- Tinubu sees 2023 as an opportunity for him to grab the APC presidential ticket and he knows the Northerners, Buhari and his Cabal (Funtua, Daura, Kyari tiro especially) cannot be trusted to honor agreements that has to do with "Political Power" so Tinubu is DESPERATE and will DO ANYTHING to have the APC ticket, including SABOTAGING the Security of South West, including Amotekun., especially when he feels it will amke the Governors more popular than him.

I don tknow who is fooling him that he can become the President of Nigeria, assuming he forces his way to get the APC/South West ticket?
For one, he will score zero in the South East, secondly, apart from Lagos State where he rigs elections using his Thugs, nobody wants a greedy shyter like him in Abuja (we all know how he siphons the money of Lagos and Osun, into his pocket, using all sorts of criminal enterprise!), leading Nigeria.
- At best, Tinubu is ready to WASTE the opportunity f the South West toproduce a credible leader.
- The South West has an abundance of better, more trustworthy and honest leaders than Tinubu to chose from, the like of Osinbajo, Fashola, to mention a few, who are more acceptable NATIONALLY and can acually win a National election.

So, Tinubu has turned Amotekun, a vital security initiative of the South West Governors, into a "Political Game", to please the North, for his own selfish, political advantage.
The South West people needs to be very wary of tinubu because in his capacity, he would be privileged to very private information and strategy and l am sure he wont think twice befor esabotaging them for his own personal political gain.
The Enemy within is the most dangerous enemy. Remember what happned to MKO Abiola with the likes of Yorubas that joined the IBB/Abacha miliatry govt, after Abiola was locked up?

Contd......
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by One4me: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2020
Contd.........
BTW: The "Aso Rock- Amotekun Governors meeting" was supposed to hold on Tuesday with Osinbajo presiding but was later shifted to Thursday, to allow Buhari "attend and preside" on his return from London so that decisions can be taken at the highest level.
Buhari dodged it and pushed it to Osinbajo on thursday!

Also, Sanwo-Olu, on the orders of Tinubu, refused to attend the Aso rock /Governors parley! I hope we are seeing Tinubu's hand wiriting and sabotage on this Amotekun?

After the meeting,` the AGF Malami, who was representing the Federal Govt, when asked by Reporters to tell the nation what the position of Govt is on Amotekun, also DODGED and refuse to comment and pushed commentary to Gov. Akeredolu.

These "deflections" makes me think the Presidency is not sincere and are playing games with Amotekun and the Governors.
President Buhari and his Cabal know that Amotekun is nencessary to protect ALL RESIDENTS (Notherner, Easterner, South Southerner and Yorubas) of the South West against the murderous attrocity of the Fulani Herdsmen, especially the foreign ones that Buhari improted and are currently "enrolling as Nigerians" on the NAtional identity card scheme, Bandits, Kidnappers, Armed Robbers, Ritualists, e.t.c.
But Amotekun threatens the ability of these blood thirsty criminals, especially the "foreign" Fulanis who come in, kill people, burn their villages and take over their land.
Le us recall that there were consultations for SIX MONTHS, with all Security Heads (Police, DSS, NIA, Military, etc) and Tinubu was also informed as it was developing so he cannot be pretending he is reading about it on the pages of Newspapers!
Why did Tinubu or the Federal Govt not express all their misgivings about the organisation, in those six months? Why now?

Residents of ALL REGIONS must begin to watch out for their so-called Leaders who play Chess wit htheir security and their lives, on the alter of Political expediency and selfish benefit, especially in the South West.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by One4me: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Lol. What role did Seyi Makinde play? Person wey even sent his deputy to the meeting. You are ignorant as the word itself

I hope you know that out of 120 vehicles Amotekun has, Gov Seyi Makinde of Oyo State provided Fifty (50), Lagos provided a mserly twenty (20), courtesy of the "remote" governor Sanwo-olu acting on the orders of tinubu.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Misterdhee1(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2020
One4me:

I hope you know that out of 120 vehicles Amotekun has, Gov Seyi Makinde of Oyo State provided Fifty (50), Lagos provided a mserly twenty (20), courtesy of the "remote" governor Sanwo-olu acting on the orders of tinubu.
So that to you is how Seyi helped in solving the problems between FG and SW on Amotekun right? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Weeps In Court After IPOB Leader Was Granted Bail. Photos / IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.