Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (52856 Views)

FG, South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To Unity, Stability Of Nigeria / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by LZAA: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
I must earnestly commend the Yorubas for the spirit of zeal and unity amongst them.
Everything they initiate always culminate to success.
Yorubas believe in diplomacy and a civil strategy with a never-giving-up spirit to achieve their goals.
Amotekun is a success in the South West and it has come to stay.
Our brothers from the other region won't be Happy about this cos failure is their second name that's why they always envy Yorubas and call them Afonja. They believe in using lying propaganda, violence and hate speeches to agitate for their plans. That why they always end up failing and wailing.
Amotekun is here to stay.
immhotep jimyjames Lzaa greenback Gmbuharii blackking98
I thought you were an igbo moslem from Anambra na grin

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by ugom123: 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
I must earnestly commend the Yorubas for the spirit of zeal and unity amongst them.
Yorubas believe in diplomacy and a civil strategy with a never-giving-up spirit to achieve their goals.
Our brothers from the other region won't be Happy about this cos failure is their second name that's why they always envy Yorubas and call them Afonja. They believe in using lying propaganda, violence and hate speeches to agitate for their plans. That why they always end up failing and wailing.

Is this really necessary? Why the tagging of the igbos? The igbos have always supported this idea since it came to light. Pls this ur comment is so unnecessary. The Southern Nigeria needs one another to be able to be freed from Northern Nigeria. If I sit u down and explain to u how northern Nigeria is milking u and I as sourtherners. U will weep. Pls, why east and west fight omlin beats my imagination. If u don't know, we all in the south are working for northern fulanis. Ur biggest enemy is not the igbo man but the northerner.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Amalekki: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
ensamy:
Time to bring back BSS (Biafra security service). Waiting for Nnamdi kanu's go ahead orders. tongue embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Uncle Python, is that you?

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by LZAA: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
We the people from the yeast are very dismayed that thos Amotekun is taking off... we wanted this useless operation to be scrapped. Infact on Monday we are going to protest and demand the cancellation of this nonsense except they also proscribe ipob as legal.

Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
Blainz:

He actually pointed out that both sides were wrong in their approach and called for dialogue and today both sides yielded to the advice...go and read his statement again.
He was neither here nor there. He clearly stated that both sides are "right" and at the same time "wrong". I read his position quite alright. He was more like massaging what's wrong with the balm of "truth".
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Tulsaguy: 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Stupid nonsensical Afonja

Amotekun was formed because of criminals like u....

Amotekun is coming....

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Zona123(m): 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
We the people from the yeast are very dismayed that thos Amotekun is taking off... we wanted this useless operation to be scrapped. Infact on Monday we are going to protest and demand the cancellation of this nonsense except they also proscribe ipob as legal.

May you never again be able to pronounce anything correctly again including your surname. Can I hear you say a loud Amen to this prayer.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by SpartanKing: 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
pmoye:
This is victory, but let us not celebrate yet. You can never trust this Federal government led by our internal colonial masters, the Fulanis. Let us watch as events evolve very closely. The only reason they backed down from their it is illegal stance is because of the outcry of Nigerians from all parts of the country apart from our self-acclaimed internal colonialists, the Fulani.

If what has been witnessed is anything to go by, they will not backdown in trying to sabotage the operations of Amotekun. As much as possible Amotekun recruitment should be limited to indigenous people of the South West. The very survival of the network depends on this. I have not heard of Hisbah admitting Southerners and Christians into their rank. Amotekun has no reason to cater to the attempt to subject it to federal character.

Then we should start watching Tinubu and other self-serving elders very closely. Political favours will be promised to some of them on the condition that they render the outfit ineffectual. Open confrontation and shameful bullying from Miyetti-Rascals and equivalent individuals has not worked, they will certainly try to collapse the network from within. And the South West does not lack enough traitors and Judases who for a morsel of bread will offer their own mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to be raped by criminally minded individuals. Watch out for these traitors and show them they mean nothing to us.

And lastly, I will encourage the better people of the South East, the South South and the Middle Belt to as a matter of urgency follow suit by evolving their own security networks to secure their regions. Our people should no more be slaughtered by criminals that don't deserve to be human beings in the first place. And let us rally round give our leaders support. Any leader that is compromised let us treat their Bleep ups before they sell our security and lives to the highest bidder.
the most sensible comment so far!
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by hollowpot15684(m): 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
festacman:
One of our problems as people of Nigeria is taking things for granted. We are often driven by emotion rather that rationality and logic. Even our intellectuals are also guilty of this.

Unlike developed nations, we seem to commence action based on mere ideas and then come back midway to work on methology and strategies. Most of our actions and reactions including policies and projects conceptualization are never given both short-term and long-term sustainability consideration. This is case from Federal to State levels.

The current Amotekun controversy is also another big illustration. Until Jagaban insisted that it is active dialogue on areas of conflict rather that emotional grandstanding that engender spirit of federalism, many people including those who should know better were busy senselessly fanning embers of ethnic suspicion rather demand for clearly articulated operational framework that will ensure effectiveness and sustainability.

We need to change!

I agree !
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by caribbeanchick(f): 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
They have set things in motion.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Olisehinnocent: 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
Amanche will soon be launched.
DonFreshmoney:

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by IpobAntidote: 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
jaryeh:
Asiwaju intervened yesterday; problem solved today.

Love him or hate him, Jagaban is miles ahead of the rest!

Perfectly stated. Jagaban ni Baba la gbogbo won.

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by ityP(m): 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
ShobayoEmma:
Dare the Yoruba's at your own peril. Meanwhile Buhari can't be trusted.

Lol. Leave matter. The north are not fools. They have everything planned out
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Ademat7(m): 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
LegendHero:

In life, action speaks louder than noise.

Some elders have been shouting for several weeks without proffering solutions to Amotekun just for media gratification.

Asiwaju spoke yesterday, told both side what need to be done, SW governors and Malami met today, and they figured everything out.
Keep saying what u don't know, cos they had a meeting he is the conveiner right?
Ur Mumu is a premium version
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Reggie2(m): 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
While commending the unity among the Yoruba Nation that has ultimately yileded good results, I must however point to a glaring fact: that the Yoruba political class are both FENCE dwellers as well as good political strategists.
They certainly hold the key to the unity or disintegration of Nigeria's unholy marriage in a rather delicate political tripartite (comprising the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba)
The continued impunity by a section of the country is the result of where and how the Yoruba choose to pinch their political tent.
The Fulani are aware that going into a fight at this point in time will be a political miscalculation.
I'm afraid that this victory may come with a high prize for the theird parties to this union.
Let us therefore look out for the opportunity cost of this concession against the backdrop of 2023.
[quote][/quote]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

He was neither here nor there. He clearly stated that both sides are "right" and at the same time "wrong". I read his position quite alright. He was more like massaging what's wrong with the balm of "truth".

Asiwaju just didn't say both
sides are wrong and right...he pointed out where they were wrong and right, if you re-read with open mind will agree with him on the points he highlighted. He didn't stop at that...he went ahead to advise on solutions (both sides should come together...dialogue). Something none of the divides did... most people/elders just publicly chose sides or lash out at one side without suggesting solutions

6 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by bjgurl(f): 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Openbusiness:
Yayyy!!! Amotekun the slayer of Miyetti evil cows cheesy
Slayers indeed
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by tiredoflife(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Stupid afonjas
Fulani has given them their version of amotekun
They are now happy
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by back2sender: 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ebenezar2020:

God bless you sir.

No mind the pigs who are shouting more than the amotekuns grin.

The Yoruba n the north don't have an issue, power is coming to south west 2023.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by King2019(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ebenezar2020:

You see where your mumu drop you...
Chai 2020 don show mumu wet dey nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by zeeatallied: 8:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Clap for yourself. You have won a trophy
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Blainz:

Asiwaju just didn't say both
sides are wrong and right...he pointed out where they were wrong and right, if you re-read with open mind will agree with him on the points he highlighted. He didn't stop at that...he went ahead to advise on solutions (both sides should come together...dialogue). Something none of the divides did... most people/elders just publicly chose sides or lash out at one side without suggesting solutions

You are missing the point still. Just let the gallant Amatekun do his job abeg. @boldened are the powers that be "open minded" about the southwesterners resort to self-help through constitutional means? Please I know a cryptic message when I see one.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Snipper007: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
ityP:

Lol. Leave matter. The north are not fools. They have everything planned out

Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by 77up(m): 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
e pain am grin

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by lomprico(m): 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Finally

We have achieved what we want

Now I just want to know the details of the agreement.

touch not the anointed cows!
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by ThiagoKid(m): 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
JosEast:
n
Power
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Finalfantasy: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
We await the details
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by 77up(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
ugom123:

Is this really necessary? Why the tagging of the igbos? The igbos have always supported this idea since it came to light. Pls this ur comment is so unnecessary. The Southern Nigeria needs one another to be able to be freed from Northern Nigeria. If I sit u down and explain to u how northern Nigeria is milking u and I as sourtherners. U will weep. Pls, why east and west fight omlin beats my imagination. If u don't know, we all in the south are working for northern fulanis. Ur biggest enemy is not the igbo man but the northerner.
now they can freely attach themselves to Yoruba grin

Support indeed grin when you people have gone on insult spree since malami talk nonsense about amotekun . We v got success on it now and attachee don't start cheesy . Thank God you people insulted us ,am sure thats why it is successful else,we all know the rest.

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by NGpatriot: 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

Tinubu highlighted the plus and negatives on both sides and advised them to work together to reach a common gold, fast forward to today, both sides are working together to reach a common goal.

Tinubu did what elders do, they point out the rights and wrongs, they apportion blames and offer sensible and rational path forward, both sides head his call.

He did not hide the truth about the SW governors not doing their homework, he let them know and also chided the AG for not privately addressing his reservations with the governors. Leadership is not about blindly supporting and cuddling your own people when they are wrong.

As leaders of tomorrow, we need to learn how to dialogue, how to reach out and move forward without unnecessary friction, distrust and enmity.

This is leadership 101 per Asiwaju Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by ibietela2(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
They have hijacked it
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by SaintLucia: 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
efighter:
Yorubas lead.
IPOB follow and see southwest especially Lagos as their abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Hold Peter Obi Responsible If Anything Happens To Me / Saraki Has Removed APC From His Official Twitter Handle(photo) / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Weeps In Court After IPOB Leader Was Granted Bail. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.