Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (52840 Views)

FG, South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To Unity, Stability Of Nigeria / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by BabaRamota1980: 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
festacman:
One of our problems as people of Nigeria is taking things for granted. We are often driven by emotion rather that rationality and logic. Even our intellectuals are also guilty of this.

Unlike developed nations, we seem to commence action based on mere ideas and then come back midway to work on methology and strategies. Most of our actions and reactions including policies and projects conceptualization are never given both short-term and long-term sustainability consideration. This is case from Federal to State levels.

The current Amotekun controversy is also another big illustration. Until Jagaban insisted that it is active dialogue on areas of conflict rather than emotional grandstanding that engender spirit of federalism, many people including those who should know better were busy senselessly fanning embers of ethnic suspicion rather demand for clearly articulated operational framework that will ensure effectiveness and sustainability.

We need to change!
[/s]

Tinubu played you all.

First, has anyone wondered why Amotekun solidarity rally held successfully everywhere else except Lagos? The day after that Tinubu gave a speech.

Also, the Governors on their own had called for meeting at Abuja ahead of Tinubu speech. Why was Abuja stalling untill after Tinubu gave speech?

Tinubu realized he is at risk of loosing Yorubaland politicz to advocates of Amotekun. He is now trying to use the status of Lagos to muzzle a win win.

Tinubu lost on this one and im glad he saw the writing on the wall and quickly joined Amotekun side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Vidyut: 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Tinubu highlighted the plus and negatives on both sides and advised them to work together to reach a common gold, fast forward to today, both sides are working together to reach a common goal.

Tinubu did what elders do, they point out the rights and wrongs, they apportion blames and offer sensible and rational path forward, both sides head his call.

He did not hide the truth about the SW governors not doing their homework, he let them know and also chided the AG for not privately addressing his reservations with the governors. Leadership is not about blindly supporting and cuddling your own people when they are wrong.

As leaders of tomorrow, we need to learn how to dialogue, how to reach out and move forward without unnecessary friction, distrust and enmity.

This is leadership 101 per Asiwaju Tinubu.

[/s]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Enemyofpeace: 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
Winner o o o, winner, Winner o o o, winner, amotekun you don win o, winner, patapata you go win forever winner.

Shame on all our enemies. Mannabbqgrils you see your life?

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by anigbajumo(m): 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
I don't really understand the level of reasoning of my brothers' here.Why throwing tantrums at the easterners forgetting they were also in support of Amotekun,I don't really know how the future of this country will be,the tribalism has deepen our bone marrow,it is quite embarrassing...

I don't blame them anyway,same way igbos' have been doing on this forum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Sarah20A(f): 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
We the people from the yeast are very dismayed that thos Amotekun is taking off... we wanted this useless operation to be scrapped. Infact on Monday we are going to protest and demand the cancellation of this nonsense except they also proscribe ipob as legal.

igbos do not co-operate. Can't you see how all the south west governors came out with one voice undecided

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by yommen: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
efighter:
Yorubas lead.

Those other guys chest beat.

3 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by seunmsg(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
We the people from the yeast are very dismayed that thos Amotekun is taking off... we wanted this useless operation to be scrapped. Infact on Monday we are going to protest and demand the cancellation of this nonsense except they also proscribe ipob as legal.

To be honest, so many Igbos supported Amotekun both online and offline. We should use the success of Amotekun to build on southern unity and not continue to stoke the fire of division.

5 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Banter1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Miyeti Allah and Muric how market?
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by NGpatriot: 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
anigbajumo:
I don't really understand the level of reasoning of my brothers' here.Why throwing tantrums at the easterners forgetting they were also in support of Amotekun,I don't really know how the future of this country will be,the tribalism has deepen our bone marrow,it is quite embarrassing...

I don't blame them anyway,same way igbos' have been doing on this forum.

You are wrong, they care less abut Amotekun, their only interest here is confrontation between the SW , the North and the presidency which all parties involved cleverly averted.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Enemyofpeace: 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
ShobayoEmma:
Dare the Yoruba's at your own peril. Meanwhile Buhari can't be trusted.
yes o

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

Tinubu highlighted the plus and negatives on both sides and advised them to work together to reach a common gold, fast forward to today, both sides are working together to reach a common goal.

Tinubu did what elders do, they point out the rights and wrongs, they apportion blames and offer sensible and rational path forward, both sides head his call.

He did not hide the truth about the SW governors not doing their homework, he let them know and also chided the AG for not privately addressing his reservations with the governors. Leadership is not about blindly supporting and cuddling your own people when they are wrong.

As leaders of tomorrow, we need to learn how to dialogue, how to reach out and move forward without unnecessary friction, distrust and enmity.

This is leadership 101 per Asiwaju Tinubu.

Nothing can change the fact that Tinibu chose to be a "unity begger" when his people are being maimed and killed by the invading marauders (herders). That he uses "the call for dialogue" as a subterfuge is a known fact and posterity will judge him for selling out his people for a pot of porridge. QED
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by NGpatriot: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
[s][/s]

Tinubu played you all.

First, has anyone wondered why Amotekun solidarity rally held successfully everywhere else except Lagos? The day after that Tinubu gave a speech.

Also, the Governors on their own had called for meeting at Abuja ahead of Tinubu speech. Why was Abuja stalling untill after Tinubu gave speech?

Tinubu realized he is at risk of loosing Yorubaland politicz to advocates of Amotekun. He is now trying to use the status of Lagos to muzzle a win win.

Tinubu lost on this one and im glad he saw the writing on the wall and quickly joined Amotekun side.

If Tinubu by his actions played us all, we'd definitely love to see more of his wonderful moves to move us forward.

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by yommen: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Stupid nonsensical Afonja

No die tonight o, Ebinna.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by NGpatriot: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
Kenny4lyfe:

Nothing can change the fact that Tinibu chose to be a "unity begger" when his people are being maimed and killed by the invading marauders (herders). That he uses "the call for dialogue" as a subterfuge is a known fact and posterity will judge him for selling out his people for a piot of porridge. QED
[/s]

This one on default to standard package ipob rant..

Stay on topic.

2 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Alfaab: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
Amotekun stays regional.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Stay on topic.

I smell dead barbecue meat. Spits angry
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Vidyut: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Stay on topic.
[/s]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Vidyut: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s]

Stay on topic.
[/s]
[s]
NGpatriot:

If Tinubu by his actions played us all, we'd definitely love to see more of his wonderful moves to move us forward.

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu.
[/s]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by jaryeh(m): 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
kayjay69:
I strongly believe you are on his payroll.

Hahahaha...

Someone who doesn't even know that I exist.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by DonTattaglia: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
jaryeh:
Asiwaju intervened yesterday; problem solved today.

Love him or hate him, Jagaban is miles ahead of the rest!

Yes Asiwaju is your GOD, go and lick his blokus!!
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by engrchykae(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
olax02:
. True talk they should do it quickly before bubu wakes up...
you are looking for who to negotiate away.
Raising a force cannot be the problem of the East.
Under two days, millions will rally under ipob.
We are watching as you blackmail the fg for 2023.
We Sabi una.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by wingmanIII: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Amotekun will likely be watered down to boys scout or man 'o' war levels. wanna bet ?
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by mutumina007: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Go and sit down somewhere you illiterate if you don't have a TV go and ask your neighbour to update you about the news.

AGF never said Amotekun was illegal and the FG has agreed. Amotekun is here to stay.. Bad belle abeg par well.

tophumble:

Asked if the governors failed to draw up the legal framework for the outfit before the launch on January 9, Akeredolu said the inspector-general of police and other “relevant security agencies” were consulted earlier.

Does this translate to legal framework.

Abeg u and draw up legal framework for Amotekun jare
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by gaventa: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
BIAFRANS!!!! Learn learn learn no be everything be that physical. Person wey to catch money must sabi act like monkey.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Mastakija(m): 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
I must earnestly commend the Yorubas for the spirit of zeal and unity amongst them.
Everything they initiate always culminate to success.
Yorubas believe in diplomacy and a civil strategy with a never-giving-up spirit to achieve their goals.
Amotekun is a success in the South West and it has come to stay.
Our brothers from the other region won't be Happy about this cos failure is their second name that's why they always envy Yorubas and call them Afonja. They believe in using lying propaganda, violence and hate speeches to agitate for their plans. That why they always end up failing and wailing.
Amotekun is here to stay.
immhotep jimyjames Lzaa greenback Gmbuharii blackking98
And I've also learnt something about life... If you notice. those who envy or like someone will always find a way to quarrel with the person just to find a way to interact or talk to d person.
To me I don't really tink they hate they only want to feel among. And FYI i didn't mention any tribe. Tankew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
fynn12:
Operation Obunigwe our own will soon be launched

That's the way to go ! Supported.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by saxha: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
efighter:
Yorubas lead.
Others follow, we never look back...
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Basher8583: 9:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
payperpost:

which ashiwaju? I see more sense in the public outcries including Woke Soyinka's shot at Balarebe Musa

Well you and Wole Soyinka are both mumus.
That Wole Soyinka has been smoking lala lately
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by GermanMelania: 9:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
ckmayoca:
I hope the agreement is not to make them 'a go when police say go and stay when police say stay'. Or else they will be working under fulani police again.

Don't mind the people jubilating. Amotekun has successfully been castrated. Tinubu is a useless human being.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Vidyut: 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You are wrong, they care less abut Amotekun, their only interest here is confrontation between the SW , the North and the presidency which all parties involved cleverly averted.

[/s]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Mastakija(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
I wasn't even suprised about this news. I mean... I knew all along that this AMOTEKUN TIWA will surely be successful. And for those who were spitting rubbish here's saying it's illegal. Shay una eyes Don open? Romsense. Yoruba with high level of education,wisdom knowledge and understanding will surely make this AMOTEKUN TIWA stuff become successful na. Why are the yorubas the most educated tribe in Nigeria ? It's ganna b a huge blow to them if it fails.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike / Tinubu Hosts Nollywood And Kannywood Entertainers (Pictures) / IPOB Members Jubilate As Court Frees Nnamdi Kanu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.