Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun (52845 Views)

FG, South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To Unity, Stability Of Nigeria / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / Xenophobia: Saraki Reacts, Tells FG, South African Govt What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by engrchykae(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
YorubaPrince:

The Northerners would lose the war big time! Things have changed a lot since 1966. The South has it all going for them and I'm very very sure the western and most powerful nations would ONLY give their support to the region that would be of immense benefits to them. Better strategic alliance from the most powerful nations is definitely sure for the South. The North has nothing to give and trust me, they will definitely lose, big time! angry
the western powers support those who have nothing to offer do that they would be eternally loyal to the West.
From the ayatollahs in Iran to the fulanis in Nigeria.
The west will try to help the North buy the support of preferably the Yoruba.
That's what made awolowo to reconsider seccession and declare support for one Nigeria.
The reason the British prefer the hausafulani is
1.they have nothing, therefore they will forever remain loyal to the West.
2.secondly,they are backward and therefore will help the west keep Nigeria backward and a consuming market instead of a producing factory.
3.finally the fulanis are fellow Invaders and have no stake in Nigeria.
The need for Yoruba in project Nigeria is to keep Nigeria moving with the fulanis in the driver seat

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by CreekCommando: 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
We the people from the yeast are very dismayed that thos Amotekun is taking off... we wanted this useless operation to be scrapped. Infact on Monday we are going to protest and demand the cancellation of this nonsense except they also proscribe ipob as legal.

Congratulations as the South West now looks like Luxembourgh!! Some Nigerians have tiny brains and that's why your leaders aren't on their toes.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Correcto: 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please can you stop displaying childish stupidity? They supported us u know. Please stop this trash. The battle just started only if you can understand.
DonFreshmoney:
We the people from the yeast are very dismayed that thos Amotekun is taking off... we wanted this useless operation to be scrapped. Infact on Monday we are going to protest and demand the cancellation of this nonsense except they also proscribe ipob as legal.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Mastakija(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2020
Segee001:
It's time for the TIGERS (Yorubas) to start hunting down the evil COWS (fulanis)
wow
Good one
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by jaryeh(m): 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
inspector1:
=jaryeh post=Asiwaju intervened yesterday; problem solved today

Love him or hate him, Jagaban is miles ahead of the rest!

YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE WEST, WAT ROLE DOES UR ASIWAJU PLAYED? SOMEONE WHO WAS NEITHER HERE OR THERE? GUY GO SLEEP GO SLEEP JOR.

You probably didn't read through his speech.

He suggested that the problem could be avoided by an internal consultation among the governors and the attorney general.

That's exactly what they have done now.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
[s][/s]

Tinubu played you all.

First, has anyone wondered why Amotekun solidarity rally held successfully everywhere else except Lagos? The day after that Tinubu gave a speech.

Also, the Governors on their own had called for meeting at Abuja ahead of Tinubu speech. Why was Abuja stalling untill after Tinubu gave speech?

Tinubu realized he is at risk of loosing Yorubaland politicz to advocates of Amotekun. He is now trying to use the status of Lagos to muzzle a win win.

Tinubu lost on this one and im glad he saw the writing on the wall and quickly joined Amotekun side.
lol, actually he was just trying to sit on the fence same with what he did when pa ransonti daughter was killed by herdsmen but this time the pressure was so much as a regional leader he had to pick side which he smartly did by supporting amotekun and spanking it for its supposed flaws which needed amendment.

In the true sense he actually won cos he can take credit for initiating the underground dialouge which happened hours after breaking silence.

The result is one that keeps him at the stage he wants to be considering the tight rope he just embarked for his political career
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by jaryeh(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
Kenny4lyfe:

Intervene... did he? Jagaban threw a leg-over on the matter and this one is saying "intervene"
sad angry

You probably didn't read through his speech.

His suggestion is what they have just adopted.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Chochovini: 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2020
Olominira:
Finally, a win for all Nigerians living in SW
Ok let Me relocate to SW fast.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Basic123: 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
JastSiryin:
Stop sucking his d*ck. As powerful as he is, he would have made himself an enemy of his people had he taken sides with the Govt. He had no choice but to tow this route. It's a smart choice non the less
Tinubu hater

Today,he is powerful, tomorrow he is irrelevant and has decimated

Yesterday,Tinubu must talk...now he talked,he didn't talk well

Afenifere children

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Basic123: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mikecold:
lol, actually he was just trying to sit on the fence same with what he did when pa ransonti daughter was killed by herdsmen but this time the pressure was so much as a regional leader he had to pick side which he smartly did by supporting amotekun and spanking it for its supposed flaws which needed amendment.

In the true sense he actually won cos he can take credit for initiating the underground dialouge which happened hours after breaking silence.

The result is one that keeps him at the stage he wants to be considering the tight rope he just embarked for his political career
what will you call Afenifere

Check below

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by NGpatriot: 9:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
Intelligent people @ Amotekun..

No shouting

No fighting

No civil war nonsense

Just intelligent adults discussing and reaching agreements.

4 Likes

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Mastakija(m): 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
ENEMYOFGOD6:
good development. I hope they can be able to closed down terrorist like, IPOB,BOKO HALAM AND FULANI HERDSMEN ?
dude I'm a Yoruba guy.
But u don't need all these na.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by carpdiemz: 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Tell your governors and leaders to unite too that’s all
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
Basic123:
what will you call Afenifere

Check below
i dont know what u intend to state but i was only referring to the move tinubu made juxapose his position as a regional leader of sw and a national political figure.

He smartly went through this tight rope with a win win
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Vidyut: 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
Intelligent people @ Amotekun..

No shouting

No fighting

No civil war nonsense

Just intelligent adults discussing and reaching agreements.
[/s]
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by seguno2: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
Kennyswag:
The cursed people from the landlocked rejected red mud capital right now gringrin

Do you think that this unprovoked, needless antagonism helps whatever cause you are working on for the Yorubas in the geographical area called Nigeria?
Think am well o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Mastakija(m): 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
tiredoflife:
Stupid afonjas
Fulani has given them their version of amotekun
They are now happy
you're pained
Ojo de nu isan. Oga shut the Bleep up and go and sleep jor

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Africomterror: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
efighter:
Yorubas lead.

This is a long time coming increasing your security forces. Unless Yoruba are happy living under Fulani Empire because they are advancing. And I dont blame Fulani for advancing because that's what all empires do expand.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Mynightmare: 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
At the bolded is, ur height of stupidity, tribalism will be ur end, show me one person from the east that spoke against it, even the nnamdi kanu you hate was at the front more than many yorubas.
Go get a life
Ebenezar2020:
I must earnestly commend the Yorubas for the spirit of zeal and unity amongst them.
Everything they initiate always culminate to success.
Yorubas believe in diplomacy and a civil strategy with a never-giving-up spirit to achieve their goals.
Amotekun is a success in the South West and it has come to stay.
Our brothers from the other region won't be Happy about this cos failure is their second name that's why they always envy Yorubas and call them Afonja. They believe in using lying propaganda, violence and hate speeches to agitate for their plans. That why they always end up failing and wailing.
Amotekun is here to stay.
immhotep jimyjames Lzaa greenback Gmbuharii blackking98

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Kennyswag: 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
seguno2:

Do you think that this unprovoked, needless antagonism helps whatever cause you are working on for the Yorubas in the geographical area called Nigeria?
Think am well o.
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Bobosneh: 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Finally

We have achieved what we want

Now I just want to know the details of the agreement.
my brother we haven't achieve anything in fact it maybe the federal government that have achieve what they want. just sit down and watch the turn of event on the issue you will be amaze that no framework will be drawn before buhari leaves office
#THISISNIGERIA

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by CreekCommando: 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Congratulations as the South West now looks better than Luxembourgh. Many Nigerians have tiny brains that make them rejoice over frustration. The darker the skin, the more foolish the brain grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by CreekCommando: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
efighter:
Yorubas lead.
Congratulations, Leader! grin grin
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Dpharisee: 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Kudos to the SE for openly supporting the SW on Amotekun despite subtle offers of 2023 presidency by Miyetti Allah, it shows that the SE and SW have concerns for safety and protection lives and properties in common
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Iamgrey5(m): 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Bobosneh:
my brother we haven't achieve anything in fact it maybe the federal government that have achieve what they want. just sit down and watch the turn of event on the issue you will be amaze that no framework will be drawn before buhari leaves office
#THISISNIGERIA
Actually the framework already exist as a form of community policing.

However, a community police adopted by every community in a region is almost the same as a regional police which is exactly the loophole Hisbah, JTF and now Amotekun would exploit.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Basher8583:

Well you and Wole Soyinka are both mumus.
That Wole Soyinka has been smoking lala lately

even your short father can not tell me that, start using your brain boy.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by jimyjames(m): 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
My friend shut up you amotekun vigilante afonja , osinbajo and tinubu just succeeded in selling the south west to Fulani's, amotekun is already weak , what will amotekun guys with sticks do against Fulani's with AK47?

Ebenezar2020:
I must earnestly commend the Yorubas for the spirit of zeal and unity amongst them.
Everything they initiate always culminate to success.
Yorubas believe in diplomacy and a civil strategy with a never-giving-up spirit to achieve their goals.
Amotekun is a success in the South West and it has come to stay.
Our brothers from the other region won't be Happy about this cos failure is their second name that's why they always envy Yorubas and call them Afonja. They believe in using lying propaganda, violence and hate speeches to agitate for their plans. That why they always end up failing and wailing.
Amotekun is here to stay.
immhotep jimyjames Lzaa greenback Gmbuharii blackking98

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
fynn12:
Operation Obunigwe our own will soon be launched

Your own is coming after 2040

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by YorubaPrince: 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
engrchykae:
the western powers support those who have nothing to offer do that they would be eternally loyal to the West.
From the ayatollahs in Iran to the fulanis in Nigeria.
The west will try to help the North buy the support of preferably the Yoruba.
That's what made awolowo to reconsider seccession and declare support for one Nigeria.
The reason the British prefer the hausafulani is
1.they have nothing, therefore they will forever remain loyal to the West.
2.secondly,they are backward and therefore will help the west keep Nigeria backward and a consuming market instead of a producing factory.
3.finally the fulanis are fellow Invaders and have no stake in Nigeria.
The need for Yoruba in project Nigeria is to keep Nigeria moving with the fulanis in the driver seat

When I say the West... I mean the Progressive West (U.S, Canada, Germany et al), Russia, China, Japan etc... NOT, the retrogressive Britain that could no longer boast of a strong military. It's their stupid regressive policies that brought Nigeria to this mess in the first place. The same policy they tried to implement in the U.S but, the U.S fought back and took their country away from them. Since we are foolish black men that would shed an ounce of blood for our freedom... we just accepted whatever crap they threw at us. Britain would have empowered the Southern Nigeria had they realized there was massive Oil deposits there.

In this new age and times, the Southern Nigeria would get better support as things have drastically changed over the course of time and Britain no longer have the military might and aggression to empower anyone.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by engrchykae(m): 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
YorubaPrince:

When I say the West... I mean the Progressive West (U.S) NOT, the retrogressive one of Britain that could no longer boast of power. It'
take your time and check.
You will realize that the USA is worse than the British.
It is the USA that installed the ayatollahs in Iran not the British.
It is Obama that championed buhari emergence.
The war in Liberia was because of Dupont,an American business involved in rubber because of the rubber plantations of Liberia.
The USA picked up the baton from where the British stopped.
Take your time and check history.
USA was in the forefront of the Libya debacle.
Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by AnanseK(m): 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
So they will go back to the states now and do it properly abi?

I wonder what the grandstanding and all the protests and walks and threats in the media all about when the mistake was first pointed out to them.

The so called most educated group ( not necessarily most sensible) in the country will have to eat humble pie now. Corrected by Almajiris.

1 Like

Re: FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun by JastSiryin(m): 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
Basic123:

Tinubu hater

Today,he is powerful, tomorrow he is irrelevant and has decimated

Yesterday,Tinubu must talk...now he talked,he didn't talk well

Afenifere children
I'm not a "hater. but that's not to say I don't have a staunch reservation for people(powerful or not) who are known to value their selfish interests over everything else. The problem with folks like you is that you ignorantly worship power and anyone who wields it, not minding if they're of questionable character nor the implications it would have on your life as a citizen. But anyways, my prayers are with you and others like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IPOB Members Jubilate As Court Frees Nnamdi Kanu (Video) / Tinubu Hosts Nollywood And Kannywood Entertainers (Pictures) / Reno Omokri: Hold Peter Obi Responsible If Anything Happens To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.