Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria (371948 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / What Is The Cost Of Building A 4 Flat House In Ikorodu / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by larez(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
heilige:

@Larez and any Architect in the house.

i need a 4 bedroom exclusive bungalow design with an indoor swimming pool on a 18x36m plot. i intend to use all the space at the back of the building, for green grass, garden, 1 room self contain for worker's quarter. minimus of 2m space on the left and right side of building.
1 big master with walk in closet and sitting area.
3 bedrooms ensuite.
1 sitting room and family room facing the back.
1 storage room and power control room
laundry, kitchen(island)

Burnt bricks all through. Front space should have enough space for aboki and 2 cars. Aluminium roofing should be able hold solar panels. The roofing will be surrounded with aluminium sheets.
All cables and pipes should not be seen.

Let me give you some guides here for free, (18MX36M)-(Side setback and Front and rear setback)= for a Bungalow with 4 Bedrooms? and to make it worse, an indoor pool too? Man, you gotta be kidding. Meanwhile, sorry I don't design for everybody. My clientelle is strictly exclusive, lol

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by blackdolla(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2009
Good day everyone. Please, how much will it cost for plastering both the inside and outside of a 4 bedroom bungalow in Ikorodu. I need a rough estimation including the workmanship. Thank you.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by tayo77: 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2009
I recently bought a 3 bedroom bungalow at diamond estate in lagos from diya fatimilehin . ( please check the website www.diya-fatimilehin.com) for 6.6M. 6.3M
and 300k for charges to diya. I visited the country a few months ago and checked the estate out, the bungalows weren't particularly great but I can't just be bothered to go through all the hassles of land acquisition and building houses. I figure out I would still need to spend 1.5 to 2 M to get the bungalow into shape.
The property is intended for investment purposes (appreciation in cost and rent), infact a recent enquiry from Diya Fatimilehin's staff revealed the current selling price as 8.8M.
I intend to buy a few of these flats/bungalows over the course of my workinglife, (maybe 10-15 of such flats/bungalows) as retirement investments. IA(I'm in my early 30s)
I just want to sample the opinion of the experience ones.

Would you rather buy flats/bungalows as against building from scratch with all the hassles (I do not reside in Nigeria) ?.
Some of my friends seem to believe that the bungalow was rather pricey and I could have gotten a much better deal building it.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by heilige(m): 10:03am On Dec 21, 2009
Meanwhile, sorry I don't design for everybody. My clientelle is strictly exclusive, lol

@Larez. u get mouth. u sabi pose
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by larez(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2009
heilige:

@Larez. u get mouth. u sabi pose

If you sabi names of some clients wey I don design for maybe you go fit understand. If you wan join that category, you must pay well well. Money talks, #%#@@# walks
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by heilige(m): 10:50am On Dec 21, 2009
@Larez.

Every design has its fee. Name the starting price of your designs.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Orilee9ice(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Larez
I have a nice family house @ Nicon Estate, and thinking of situating another one (just like the Bungalow this guys described but with out the indoor swiming pool, doohhhhh!!) in the new estate just b4 Mayfair Gardens (if you know Nicon Estate) you will know the category i belong 2!(lol), Can you do something need new ideas, new blood!! wink
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by heilige(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Orilee9ice

No come pose as Bigz Boyz for us here oh!! Wink Wink, you sabi am, , al'rite now, shee you know my guy!! ori yato s'ori o!! owo yato's'owo!

u wan pose, after u warn somebody make him no pose. If your yam swell make you cover am chop. No come pose with Lekki or Nicon for here.

No offence
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Orilee9ice(m): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ Heilige
thanks for your comment, (meaning, ti'su eniyan baa tuu ki a fi owo boo, ) no offence 2, but i wasnt expecting anything less from you seeing your previous comments, cool God Bless You too!, you sabi yab abi? go on s'ohun jare, continue, see where it will get you, tongue wink my warning was for another reason, which was obvious, besides its wasnt directed @ you
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Orilee9ice(m): 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2009
@
Larez and any Architect in the house.

i need a 4 bedroom exclusive bungalow design with an indoor swimming pool on a 18x36m plot. i intend to use all the space at the back of the building, for green grass, garden, 1 room self contain for worker's quarter. minimus of 2m space on the left and right side of building.[/b]1 big master with walk in closet and sitting area.
3 bedrooms ensuite.
1 sitting room and family room facing the back.
1 storage room and [b]power control room[/b]laundry, kitchen(island)

[b]Burnt bricks all through. Front space should have enough space for aboki and 2 cars. Aluminium roofing should be  able hold solar panels. The roofing will be surrounded with aluminium sheets.
All cables and pipes should not be seen.

@ Heilige
And what do you call the above jare o? a case of the pot calling itself .BLACK, LOL once again No offence 2!!
and it was YOU with the indoor swiming pool idea sef, dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
u wan pose, after u warn somebody make him no pose, If your yam swell make you cover am chop. No come pose with all the ishhhhh above for here.
9ice one, this is what i call,  return to sender lai wo'we,
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by heilige(m): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2009
@Orilee9ice

No offence. Am not good @ yabis, and i dont intend to yabi you, i can never yabi someone i have never met b4. Its 9ice to live good if one has the means.
Walahi, na as my girl give me that request for the bungalow na him i ask for expert opinion for NL. I no be alan poser.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Orilee9ice(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2009
@ HEILIGE
no worries, Good Luck anyway, your girl has good taste sha!, i gotta go now its frezzin and snowing, Ciao! make i cross that one out cos u go say i dey pose again wink
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by larez(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2009
heilige:

@Larez.

Every design has its fee. Name the starting price of your designs.

If you have to ask then you can't afford me. Each of my designs is like a child I gave birth to. smiley But honestly, I choose my clients just as much as they choose their Architect. All my previous clients have been very personable, and I have refused to design for some so-called Super Stars in the U.S. Not everything has a price afterall. wink
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Eziudo: 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2010
Happy New year Gom,
It is a very good idea to build in Nigeria, Like someone adviced you not to look at the total cost of the project before embarking on, it may sound unwise but looking at the constant changes in the price of building materials and cost of labor.
I am a builder, I will need more details fro you to give you list of materials, cost af material and labor.
The type of soil, the stage of development and the area of your land will affect the type of foundation and the cost of building the foundation.
I came back to the States days ago from Nigeria, one of the residentail building project I am handling, the estimate for the foundation and brick work for a 3 bedroom bungalow was (N1,372,100 / 150 = $9 147) for material and labor. I can explain more if you want.
You can email me on eziudo@live.com.
Good luck
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by xtayle(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2010
You can buy full plots of land from a property development company, acquired em-mass and fenced round with gate as estates on three different locations 1. Platinum park, Magboro, (N1 Million) 2. Hamony Garden (N600, 000), Mowe, Ofada and 3. Vista Green Garden(N550, 000), Ijede, Ikorodu. You can build your house on it to your taste.

call me directly on 0702 709 9121 or 0803 351 1538

You are better off with these opportunities than go to omo oniles.

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by tdmoggy: 11:00am On Feb 23, 2010
You can buy full plots of land from a property development company, acquired em-mass and fenced round with gate as estates on three different locations 1. Platinum park, Magboro, (N1 Million) 2. Hamony Garden (N600, 000), Mowe, Ofada and 3. Vista Green Garden(N550, 000), Ijede, Ikorodu. You can build your house on it to your taste.

call me directly on 0702 709 9121 or 0803 351 1538

Questions for you -

a) What are the sizes of these plots
b) do they come with C of O
c) are they secure enough to be left fallow till next year, as i am currently investing outside Nigeria untill next year, though I do want to tie some funds down on land till I am ready to build or re-sell ??
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by bamidele6: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2010
hellow, are u there, i'm architect, festus bamidele ayodeji my office is at ikorodu local government lagos state , the cost of building a three bedroom has estimated below, construction is a gradual process and if u look at the cost u might not likely to be interested in construction, but make it stages such as
foundation to dpc level cost u up to 1.1m, by my quote it include materials and workmanship. i have read through what the last person suggested. don't dispose the land, if the land is free from govenment acquision and free from omonile trouble.that area properties appriciated at faster rate, because it a prime area they enjoy mor infrastural facility and the set of people there are also elite and educated, infact the area is ok for u.if u can gave us as contract to handle it to dpc level at 1.1m it include the ground beam, wilder , capintal, block700 pieces of block,brickyer cement, planks, but you will only provide granite.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by xtayle(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2010
Tdmoggy

Thanks for your enquiry. Answers to your question are below:
a. The size of the plots is 648 square meters or 60ft X 120ft or 18meters X 36meters
b. The process of C of O has been initiated and will be completed in due course
c. It is very safe as there is no time limit but you will be encouraged to commence work immediately to control weeds. Also in a case where the land is left unkempt, the developer will enter on the land to keep it tidy and expenses incurred will be transferred to you. You can build or resell whenever u feel like.

below is a FAQ for your further consideration and Attached is flier for the Harmony Gardens in Mowe, Ofada.

Thanks
0702 709 9121, 0803 351 1538

Ambassage Estates’ Lands FAQs
IS THERE ANY TIME LIMIT TO COMMENCE WORK ON MY LAND AFTER ALLOCATION?
There is no time limit but you will be encouraged to commence work immediately to control weeds. Also in a case where the land is left unkempt, the developer will enter on the land to keep it tidy and expenses incurred will be transferred to you.

IS THERE ANY RESTRICTION AS TO THE TYPE OF BUILDING I CAN BUILD?
Yes, you are limited to building residential houses within the area designated as residential and commercial houses on area designated as commercial. Provision of shops in residential houses and building of tenement house type (popularly known as face me i face you) is not permitted.

ARE THE ROADS TO THE ESTATES GOOD AND MOTORABLE EVEN DURING RAINING SEASON?
Yes, the roads to the estates are tarred and accessible even at the peak of the raining season.

CAN I START CONSTRUCTION OR BUILDING ON THE LAND(S) NOW?
You can start building on the land(s) now.

DOES AMBASSAGE INVESTMENT LTD CHARGE INTEREST ON THE BALANCE OF PAYMENT?
The transaction is interest free.

CAN I PAY A DEPOSIT AND PAY THE BALANCE ANY TIME WITHIN THE DURATION OF TENURE CHOSEN i.e. 18 MONTHS?
After the payment of the initial deposit, you are expected to pay the balance monthly. Non payment monthly as at when due will be treated as a fundamental breach of the contract which can result to termination or revocation of the contract.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I CANNOT COMPLETE PAYMENT OR DEFAULT IN THE PAYMENT OF MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION?
You will get a refund of total money paid less N5, 000.00 administrative expenses and 10% agency fee (where applicable).

DOES AMBASSAGE INVESTMENT LTD HAVE A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY (C OF O)?
The company has initiated the process of getting a C of O and an approved layout plan for Mowe, Ofada and VGG Parcel B, while VGG Parcel A C of O will be processed by individual owners.

WHAT TYPE OF TITLE DOES AMBASSAGE INVESTMENT LTD HAVE ON THE LANDS?
Land purchase agreement for Harmony Gardens, Mowe. Approved Lay-out plan, Legal documentation, Survey plan and Irrevocable Power of Attorney donated by the land owners for Parcel A Vista Green Gardens, Ikorodu.

WHAT DO I GET AFTER COMPLETION OF PAYMENTS FOR THE LAND?
Receipt, letter of allocation, estate covenants, survey plans and deed of assignments. Note: All relevant documents, including the Deed of Contract and the Deed of Assignment, shall be produced in accordance with the information supplied by you.

WHEN WILL MY PLOT(S) BE ALLOCATED TO ME?
After full payment.

WHEN DO I PAY DEVELOPMENT LEVY?
After allocation of plot(s)

THE DEVELOPMENT LEVY WILL BE USED FOR WHAT?
Provision for drainage and electric poles and strings for the distribution of energy.

WHERE ARE THE ESTATES?
Harmony Gardens is in Ofada, Mowe, Obafemi Owode Local Government Area, Ogun State. Platinum Park is in Magboro, Ifo Local Government Area, Ogun State. Prestige City is in Lekki Peninsula, Eti Osa Local Government Area, Lagos State.

WHAT IS THE PRICE PER PLOT FOR RESIDENTIAL PLOT?
Residential is N600,000.00 per plot for residential (subject to review) for Harmony Gardens, Mowe; N1million per plot (one off) and N1.5million per plot payable over 15months for Platinum Park, Magboro; N6million per plot for Prestige City Lekki Peninsula

WHAT IS THE SIZE OF A RESIDENTIAL PLOT?
648 square meters or 60ft X 120ft or 18meters X 36meters

IS THERE ANY ENCUMBRANCE ON THE LANDS?
The land is free from every known government acquisition and no any adverse claimant.

WHAT TYPE OF INFRASTRUCTURE WILL THE DEVELOPER PROVIDE?
Perimeter fencing, earth road, transformer and connection to the national grid.

WHAT INFRASTRUCTURE WILL THE DEVELOPER NOT PROVIDE?
Electric poles and strings, drainage, and tarred/paved roads.

WHAT OTHER PAYMENTS DO I PAY APART FROM THE PAYMENT FOR THE LAND?
Survey fee N80,000.00 per plot (subject to review) for HG, Ofada, Mowe and N120,000 per plot for VGG, Ikorodu, legal documentation fee N20,000 per plot. Development levy to be determined

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by kuramo: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
Mr Festus Bamidele Ayodeji,

I have a friend in Lagos who needs an architect for a residential building project, the question is can you handle it and I'll also like to know if you are a qualified architect, no offence intended.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by bamidele6: 8:30am On Feb 24, 2010
anyway, you have asked a reasonable question because many nigerian has alway claimed what they are not. i' m a graduate of YABA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY .lagos nigeria, i have an HND. presently staring my PGD, in construction management in LAUTECH IN OGBOMOSHO and i have worked for many construction companies as architect and site Engineer.i have good understanding of properties development interms of properties to developed and not developed. If you can linked me to the person i would be grateful sir.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Okemm(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2010
Just wants to start up the erection of 3-bedroom flat, so who will give me a good plan and and surveyor, infact good service in a moderate price.

Think you can and leaves within Portharcourt, pls reach me on decenttheo@aol.co.uk will appreciate sincerety in service for future business in common.#

Waiting for a good builder as well do contact me plssssssssss
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by oduz: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2010
Nice fertile thread, How come I never saw this till now, just wondering  cool
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by ihebrooke(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2010
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by redbricks: 4:42pm On May 06, 2010
Hello

For all your red clay brick / split tiles requirements, contact us at Red Brick Factory, Ibeshe Road, Near Nichemtex, Ikorodu, Lagos State.

Or you could send your building plans to us by email to : ikorodu_bricks@yahoo.com

We will estimate the number of bricks required and the type of bricks to be used for which areas etc.

or contact me at 08055097285

=Femi=
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by alicianna(f): 12:02am On May 09, 2010
Very informative! Thanks! cool
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by aroshak: 12:54am On Jul 17, 2010
Its been so helpful and encouraging since i discover this website.Thanks guys. I bought a 3 bedroom flat at Adeniji Adele (lagos Island) in 1999 for 1.9m and stay there for few years, move to Europe and I've gotten a plot of land in Ikorodu which am critically planning to start any time soon under the supervision of my parents.Am planning of erecting just 4 flats of 3 bed rooms each with toilet and bathroom.

But my main problem is that I've been contemplating hard witten myself maybe or not to sell off the 3 bedroom flat in Lagos Island and join the proceed with the amount av gotten to start the new project in Ikorodu. Pls i will appreciate your advice and i love to av an idea about the cost price for 3 bedroom flat situated in Lateef Jakunde Housing Estate,Adeniji Adele Road,Lagos Island. Thanks and God BLS.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by thirdeye(m): 3:33am On Jul 17, 2010
@okemm, I can design and build for u.
I'll advice the 3 bdm bungallow should be left untampered with especially if it can be rented out. U won't really be able to compensate for d comparative difference in rent rate s for these two areas.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by oduz: 7:08am On Jul 21, 2010
aroshak:

Its been so helpful and encouraging since i discover this website.Thanks guys. I bought a 3 bedroom flat at Adeniji Adele (lagos Island) in 1999 for 1.9m and stay there for few years, move to Europe and I've gotten a plot of land in Ikorodu which am critically planning to start any time soon under the supervision of my parents.Am planning of erecting just 4 flats of 3 bed rooms each with toilet and bathroom.

But my main problem is that I've been contemplating hard witten myself maybe or not to sell off the 3 bedroom flat in Lagos Island and join the proceed with the amount av gotten to start the new project in Ikorodu. Pls i will appreciate your advice and i love to av an idea about the cost price for 3 bedroom flat situated in Lateef Jakunde Housing Estate,Adeniji Adele Road,Lagos Island. Thanks and God BLS.

N3M+

You may contact me for strategic marketing details if need be

arcmedia007@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by ceasyc(f): 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by sigo10: 11:36pm On Jul 29, 2010
pls do your land verification thoroughly before you embark on the project ,dont be victim ,Nkan sele ooo,,,,so how can i help,ask me any question on the cost of building materials and the condo design estimation or on how to be a property investor in ikorodu ,and the latest market booming in the area
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Orilee9ice(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2010
@AROSAK
dont sell, keep it you wil thank me later when you need it, Trust me, i have been there, i have a Property @ Royal Gardens Eric Moore that i nearly sold cos the managing agent was just taking my money and i wanted to start a main one in Lekki, but for 3rd sight and God's guidnace, i didnt, i am reaping the rewards now, and most importanly, STILL HAVE THE HOUSE, wink

COUNT IT AS AN ADDED INVESTMENT AND GOD WILL PROVIDE FOR YOUR LATEST PROJECT!
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Orilee9ice(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ OTHERS
not all "Mowe" and "Ibadan expressway Estates"are what they say they are oh, especially if you live abroad, b4 u part with your money, PHYSICALLY GO THERE and acertain it has started to DEVELOP 4 REAL!
A word is enough 4 di wise oh, wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.