Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:44 AM

US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War (32531 Views)

Justin Trudeau, Wife Sophie Separate After 18 Years Of Marriage / Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Israel Signs Peace Treaties With Arab States At Whitehouse Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Laurene: 8:33am On Mar 01, 2020
agaliboy:
Even the biggest military power sef dey tire. The 18 year war don tire everybody. Nice way to end things. We hope the extreme elements within the Taliban don't start another round of violence.
so the US was in an outright war for 18 years or was it not a guerilla war?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by itsme01: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2020
Openbusiness:

The less privileged you can educate are those as dumb as you cheesy

when you school a dunce and he feels guilty about his ignorance, it suddenly start throwing insults and tantrums to save face like a disgraced goat..

its nothing new.. take your L and certificate of attendance and fvck off my mention.. flush your sef out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 8:36am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

when you school a dunce and he feels guilty about his ignorance, it suddenly start throwing insults and tantrums to save face like a disgraced goat..

its nothing new.. take your L and certificate of attendance and fvck off my mention.. flush your sef out
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

No one is stopping Ipob from becoming a republic, what we are telling them is to get their senators and reps to negotiate the deal, rather than constituiting nuisance all around cyber space..

the deal for Bokoharam, sambisa is a virgin land outside our territory just like bakassi and quite frankly nobody gives two fvccks about sambisa.. unlike Biafra which is within current Nigerian territory with Nigerian assets currently in the zone, so dialogue and negotiation is needed for biafraexit and not noise , chestbeating, podcast and broadcast insulting Yoruba and Fulani, or kanu sayin yorubas are working with facebook to undermine his Biafra, when in fact we are busy with our own amotekun
Really?!! shocked Try and read what you wrote slowly.
Why don't you also tell shekau to tell Ndume and shettima to negotiate the deal with his preferred negotiator on seat as president?
I never knew you're the geographer drew Nigeria's map to know that sambisa is not part of Nigeria. You should have told us that since instead of allowing our soldiers to go die over a territory that isn't ours. That means our soldiers are fighting an unjustified war!!
I don't know which Nigerian assets are currently in Biafra. You can tell me if you have the knowledge of those. But if you're so angry with Nnamdi kanu's unrestrained outbursts, commonsense should dictate more angst at shekau's bloodlust or am I missing something?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by IpobAntidote: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2020
[[s]quote author=gaetano post=87069877]

Never equate talibans to bokoharam, you can equate Boko Haram to isis.

The Talibans have been the ones in charge of govt ever since before the USA toppled their govt trying to force democracy down their throats and install a puppet. It was all about the oil game. The talibans are a legitimate people fighting for a just cause.

Once again bokoharam = isis, while Talibans = ND militants [/quote][/s]

Trash analysis.
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 8:39am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

No one is stopping Ipob from becoming a republic, what we are telling them is to get their senators and reps to negotiate the deal, rather than constituiting nuisance all around cyber space..

the deal for Bokoharam, sambisa is a virgin land outside our territory just like bakassi and quite frankly nobody gives two fvccks about sambisa.. unlike Biafra which is within current Nigerian territory with Nigerian assets currently in the zone, so dialogue and negotiation is needed for biafraexit and not noise , chestbeating, podcast and broadcast insulting Yoruba and Fulani, or kanu sayin yorubas are working with facebook to undermine his Biafra, when in fact we are busy with our own amotekun
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 8:39am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Anything America does is correct but when your country does it, it is wrong.

Who is then is the Zombie?

[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Commentor: 8:40am On Mar 01, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The zombie is the one that compares a terrorist on his own soil to an insurgent in another land all in a bid to canonise the terrorists.

Assuming that US does negotiate with terrorists, does that mean we should too? Especially on our own land? Where then is our sense of national pride and patriotism if a group that seeks to change our system of governance by violence is embraced? What is the difference between that and treason?

Shekau is a Nigerian, fighting a religious war to change the constitution of Nigeria. His victims are also Nigerians. Let that sink into your head.

Yet America went into a nation, bombed it to smithereens on the pretext that they were terrorists.

America lost American lives on foreign soil, caused mental and physical damage not only to Afghans but American citizens who answered the call of duty.
America lost billions of taxpayers revenue on maintaining a carnage that was never desired.

Yet today, they've negotiated with the same set of people even swapping thousands of prisoners as part of the negotiation.

Reprogram your brain.

Stop buying into the narrative that every American decision is justified.

As well, if you justify their action of negotiating with "terrorists", you must accept it is a strategy for creation of peace under extreme circumstances.

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Openbusiness: 8:40am On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

You finally did something right, you described yourself in one paragraph cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Commentor: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Life is not that simple
I agree.

Why don't we use this same line of reasoning when it comes to the motherland?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by runningriot: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2020
Been a super power is just like been the king Lion in the Jungle that when you roar all Animals go hidden! that is what USA is to the world. It has both the military and economical power. To me! USA over spending on military budget is a waste "casting peals to swine" imaging if not for radicalism and extremism" why would the have been spending much? if not for the love the have for people life the wouldn't have been involved in all wars! yes the do it to maintain their power and might in the world but same of their efforts should be appreciated! All saying USA is going to war for minerals resources are wet blankets. What is Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia or Irag having? is it oil the only booming business in the world? what about science and technology? Media and communication? see the USA and just like any other country goes into negotiations! it is very much inevitable! if the Boko Haram wants to negotiate with Nigeria government is not visible? negotiations depends on how effective and open it is! look in conflict and resolution (ADR) Arbitration, Mediation and Negotiation is the best way of settling wars! most especially NEGOTIATION! and the clause "USA does not go into negotiations with terrorist" is not applied on this view it goes with the notion of kidnapping for ransom stuffs like that! the USA have gone to negotiations with ISIL time without number to cease fire for a particular period of time is only that the negotiations stall, may be one party violates it! so please, before you bash know war is warn with peace that is why peace is fought with war!

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Rebelutionary: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2020
NairaMaster1:

It depends on how you understand th word negotiations.

Did you read anything like repentant Taliban?

But you read where Trump said " if anything bad thing happens again they will see force like no other one.

Since 2001 did you read or hear the US treats them with Kids gloves?

Don't compare our attitudes towards Boko Haram with the US.

Support Buhari and APC but look at Boko Haram as your forever enemies.

Mark my words today, Boko Haram will never finish with the type of attitudes we are showing.

Have you ever hard Afghan sending repentant Taliban to school abroad? By so doing you are inviting the youths to go and join, afterall, their life will be better off.

The difference is that, Buhari sees it as helping the Northern youths.
Where did you see me mention Bokoharam, Buhari and APC? I am speaking categorically about the glaring hypocrisy of the U.S.A. Trump said what? Funny! The issue you have with APC, BokoHaram and Bihari is a matter divorced of this case!
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by DabuIIIT: 8:46am On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

nothing disgracing in calling Ipob what they are no fvcks given .. the more Ibos paint them self as anti Yoruba or talk trash about Yoruba and muslim, then this stereotyping just begun

Mufutaus,this thread is all about the US troops,Donald Trump, Afghanistan, sighing of peace accords in Doha and the person you "zombiegly" tagged Igbo has called you out to say he's Edo. So tell the whole world,what has ipob gotta do with your constipation?
What has ipob gotta do with your frustrations?

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod see opeeyin this early morning o lolsssssss!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by BruncleZuma: 8:46am On Mar 01, 2020
imam07:
Don't u have Trump phone number to ask him.

Hehehehe
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by itsme01: 8:47am On Mar 01, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Really?!! shocked Try and read what you wrote slowly.
Why don't you also tell shekau to tell Ndume and shettima to negotiate the deal with his preferred negotiator on seat as president?
I never knew you're the geographer drew Nigeria's map to know that sambisa is not part of Nigeria. You should have told us that since instead of allowing our soldiers to go die over a territory that isn't ours. That means our soldiers are fighting an unjustified war!!
I don't know which Nigerian assets are currently in Biafra. You can tell me if you have the knowledge of those. But if you're so angry with Nnamdi kanu's unrestrained outbursts, commonsense should dictate more angst at shekau's bloodlust or am I missing something?

like I said Shekau operates from Sambisa which is outside of Nigerian territory and territory jointly owned by lake chad basin commission countries.. use google maps to help yourself..

secondly shekau and kanu's outburst are similar just as you rightly mentioned and I condemn both terrorist equally , you talked about Northeast senator negotiating for shekau.. except you leave under a cave.. you should have being hearing of the debate in the house on repentant book haram re integration, so who told you that's not senators negotiating shekaus terms..

so just because Kanu and Shekau wants different things doesn't make both of their approach justifiable

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by pacespot(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2020
Laurene:
you don't have sense, was the war about western ideology?

Na your papa no get sense if that is how you talk to a man. Wasn't the Afghan war started by USA toppling a sharia-loving incumbent Taliban government and trying to install its pro western puppet into the government? If you don't know anything about what you talk about it is better to shut your warm-infested mouth for good lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Vulcan24(m): 8:51am On Mar 01, 2020
Commentor:
But wrong for Nigeria to release renounced Boko Haram suspects.

For many years, the USA told us the Taliban were a terrorist group.

Yet they've negotiated with terrorists today.

Status of a group can change overtime especially when conditions as these are considered.... peace deal from bilateral talks, cease fire, power sharing and above all end to hostility towards the country of interest.

The Muslim community should understand from this gesture that America is not against Islam
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by RaptorX: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2020
I guess the Taliban promised them that the poppy fields, from which the world especially the streets of America where saturated with cheap opium and heroin will be safeguarded for them to have agreed to withdraw

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by BabangidaHamza(m): 8:52am On Mar 01, 2020
gaetano:

Never equate talibans to bokoharam, you can equate Boko Haram to isis.

The Talibans have been the ones in charge of govt ever since before the USA toppled their govt trying to force democracy down their throats and install a puppet. It was all about the oil game. The talibans are a legitimate people fighting for a just cause.

Once again bokoharam = isis, while Talibans = ND militants
please can you shut the Bleep up
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by DabuIIIT: 8:53am On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

like I said Shekau operates from Sambisa which is outside of Nigerian territory and territory jointly owned by lake chad basin commission countries.. use google maps to help yourself..

secondly shekau and kanu's outburst are similar just as you rightly mentioned and I condemn both terrorist equally , you talked about Northeast senator negotiating for shekau.. except you leave under a cave.. you should have being hearing of the debate in the house on repentant book haram re integration, so who told you that's not senators negotiating shekaus terms..

so just because Kanu and Shekau wants different things doesn't make both of their approach justifiable

itsme01:

grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by 0m0nnakoda: 8:55am On Mar 01, 2020
Commentor:
But wrong for Nigeria to release renounced Boko Haram suspects.

For many years, the USA told us the Taliban were a terrorist group.

Yet they've negotiated with terrorists today.
There is no parallel

The war is not on US territory and this is just a surrender by the US

They realize they cannot win and had no business being there in the first place.

They would not pull out if it was California or Texas

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

I agree.

Why don't we use this same line of reasoning when it comes to the motherland?
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Commentor: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2020
Vulcan24:

Status of a group can change overtime especially when conditions as these are considered.... peace deal from bilateral talks, cease fire, power sharing and above all end to hostility towards the country of interest.

The Muslim community should understand from this gesture that America is not against Islam

So harking back to my initial post, and we agree that for the purpose of peace, roads often undesired need to be explored.

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by thundafire: 8:58am On Mar 01, 2020
Very good dey fight was between Taliban and USA but as ISIS came along dey spoilt everything now ISIS is gone so dey need peace
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by Commentor: 8:59am On Mar 01, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

There is no parallel

The war is not on US territory and this is just a surrender by the US

They realize they cannot win and had no business being there in the first place.

They would not pull out if it was California or Texas

Is this terrorism?

Or sheer bullying?
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by DabuIIIT: 8:59am On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

E pain am o lolsssssss
grin grin grin

Openbusiness,wetin you do baba nah?
Why spoileth thou Baba's weekend like this?
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by 0m0nnakoda: 9:00am On Mar 01, 2020
Commentor:

Is this terrorism?

Or sheer bullying?
Sorry I do not get you....
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 9:01am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Yet America went into a nation, bombed it to smithereens on the pretext that they were terrorists.

America lost American lives on foreign soil, caused mental and physical damage not only to Afghans but American citizens who answered the call of duty.
America lost billions of taxpayers revenue on maintaining a carnage that was never desired.

Yet today, they've negotiated with the same set of people even swapping thousands of prisoners as part of the negotiation.

Reprogram your brain.

Stop buying into the narrative that every American decision is justified.

As well if you justify their action of negotiating with "terrorists" you must accept it is a strategy for creation of peace under extreme circumstances.
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by onwanaholland: 9:01am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Is this terrorism?

Or sheer bullying?
[/s]
Re: US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War by itsme01: 9:01am On Mar 01, 2020
DabuIIIT:

E pain am o lolsssssss
grin grin grin

Openbusiness,wetin you do baba nah?
Why spoileth thou Baba's weekend like this?
grin grin cheesy

grin

when my mates are having intellectually challenging discuss May Almighty not make you not be the dunce who can only contribute memes and banters ... amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again / Joe Biden Orders All US Flags Around The World To Fly At Half-Mast / ECOWAS Issues Last Warning To President Jammeh Ahead Of Barrow's Swear-in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.