Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,443 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? (27966 Views)

Have You Ever Married Someone Against Your Parents Wish? / If A Girl Or Lady Toasts You, Will You Accept? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by gentleibraheem(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lovelyn451:
marry someone you share same religious belief with...thank you

of course . . .
I mean . . I know a good number of Igbo Muslims. I'm just a kinda wondering how Thier tribesmen feel when they get to marry a Hausa muslim
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Lovelyn451(f): 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
gentleibraheem:

of course . . .
I mean . . I know a good number of Igbo Muslims. I'm just a kinda wondering how Thier tribesmen feel when they get to marry a Hausa muslim
im Igbo and I'm yet to see one Igbo Muslim, asides the ones I read on the media, BT if u claim u know them in good number, u should also know their tribesmen, so goan ask them how they feel
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by gentleibraheem(m): 11:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lovelyn451:
im Igbo and I'm yet to see one Igbo Muslim, asides the ones I read on the media, BT if u claim u know them in good number, u should also know their tribesmen, so goan ask them how they feel

I believe you're one. and it doesn't sound welcoming to you. your tone made it seem like you're rejecting them or so.
however don't get tense. I just felt it is a perfect circumstance to ask and I did. sorry!
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Ohraykon: 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lovelyn451:
so asking an Igbo girl to marry her tribe is tribalism eh kwa? Don't u have women in ur tribe? must u marry an Igbo woman? An Igbo girl can marry from every tribe in Nigeria including a christian Hausa sef, but Yoruba? I'm totally against it!! In totality!!! God forbid!!! it is you that will be destroyed...shebi its Yoruba that dont kill for money, dirty ritualist, yahoo boy
yeye dey smell divide and rule things may u not be destroyed u may not even be a lady sef

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Ohraykon: 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
djon78:

At least it worked for her. The person she married was exactly perfect for her.
The times of our parents and now, marriages was better off then than now.
People do love but not many can sustain marriage because love is not enough to keep a successful marriage. But this generation don't understand that one.
That's why divorce full everywhere because people focus on things that don't last.

So I go with listening to our elders. They have seen more of life than this present crooked generation.

the same elders dar destroyed our society who dont even know how to love kantinue u neva ready!
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by hammerU: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ohraykon:
yeye dey smell divide and rule things may u not be destroyed u may not even be a lady sef

She is a very beautiful and sexy igbo girl.

We saw her wen she first join and had several pics.

One slim beautiful girl like dat.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by hammerU: 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ohraykon:
tribalism will kee u las las just imagine advice same reason the east is too homogenous yet you can live in other parts of nigeria freely but cant marry dem you for tell chioma not to marry davido yeye dey smell

WEN IT COMES TO TAKING FROM IGBOS AND DEY SAY NO, IT IS TRIBALISM.

BUT WEN IT COMES TO YORUBA SAYING IGBO CAN NEVER PRODUCE PRESIDENT IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, IT IS NOT TRIBALISM.

ALL I HAVE COME TO LEARN IS THAT THE TRIBES WE SHARE NIGERIA WITH ARE PARASITE.

A PARASITE WILL SUCK U UNTIL U DRY AND DIE.

FROM OIL AND GAS IN THE EAST TO IGBO GENETICS AND BLOOD.

EVERY MAN IN YORUBA LAND WANT TO MARRY IGBO WOMEN AND IT IS DO OR DIE, BY FIRE AND BY FORCE.

DOES YOUR WANT HAVE END?
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by hammerU: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS SUCH DONE?

LET USE THIS EXAMPLE, IT IS LIKE IGBOS WAKE UP TOMORROW AND DECIDE THAT ALL THEIR MEN WILL MARRY FULANI WOMEN.

HOW DOES DAT SOUND IN YOUR EARS.

HOW WILL FULANI MEN SEE IT?
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Ohraykon: 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
hammerU:

She is a very beautiful and sexy igbo girl.

We saw her wen she first join and had several pics.

One slim beautiful girl like dat.
lol hmmm.......but she be f9 tribalism has destroyed her
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Ohraykon: 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
hammerU:

WEN IT COMES TO TAKING FROM IGBOS AND DEY SAY NO, IT IS TRIBALISM.

BUT WEN IT COMES TO YORUBA SAYING IGBO CAN NEVER PRODUCE PRESIDENT IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, IT IS NOT TRIBALISM.

ALL I HAVE COME TO LEARN IS THAT THE TRIBES WE SHARE NIGERIA WITH ARE PARASITE.

A PARASITE WILL SUCK U UNTIL U DRY AND DIE.

FROM OIL AND GAS IN THE EAST TO IGBO GENETICS AND BLOOD.

EVERY MAN IN YORUBA LAND WANT TO MARRY IGBO WOMEN AND IT IS DO OR DIE, BY FIRE AND BY FORCE.

DOES YOUR WANT HAVE END?
what has dat got to do with we talking about? This is wrong analogy man who did dis to you na lol besides the east is its own problem. Until you guys unite things will be same no be today the west is not your problem face your wahala urselves peace!

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by hammerU: 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ohraykon:
what has dat got to do with we talking about? This is wrong analogy man who did dis to you na lol besides the east is its own problem. Until you guys unite things will be same no be today the west is not your problem face your wahala urselves peace!

Truth is tribalism cannot be selective.

One Nigeria cannot be on top of bed alone.

This is the point am trying to make here.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by hammerU: 11:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
Neroiam:
Your wish should be thiers' also... No be dem go stay with the woman.
They can advise but the decision is solely yours to make.
This is 21st century... Nobody dey marry for person nowadays
[/s]

Michellekabod2:
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me
[s]
MrBrownJay1:
unless you want to spend the rest of your life with your parents, there comes a time in your life when you have to make your own decisions (and stand by them regardless of what anyone believes)
CAPSLOCKED:
SADLY, THE TOOTHLESS YOUTHS OF TODAY HARDLY THINK OR MAKE DECISIONS FOR THEMSELVES.

THEY LET THESE OLD CARGOES MAKE THEIR ENTIRE LIFE PLANS FOR THEM BECAUSE OF THE DUMB SAYING THAT "WHAT AN ELDER CAN SEE WHILE SITTING, A YOUNG MAN WILL NEVER SEE EVEN WHEN HE CLIMBS A MOUNTAIN". RUBBISH. HOW CAN AN OLD FARMER WHO HAS NEVER LEFT THE HUTS IN YOUR VILLAGE KNOW MORE THAN AN EDUCATED, EXPERIENCED MODERN PERSON LIKE YOU WHO HAS BEEN TO SEVERAL PARTS OF THE WORLD? undecided

MANY PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN'S BAD MARRIAGES AND CERTAIN CALAMITIES. THEY'VE LIVED THEIR LIVES. WILL YOU LET THEM LIVE YOURS?
[/s]
SECONDLY ANY PERSON DAT GO AHEAD TO MARRY WITHOUT THE BLESSING OF THEIR PARENT IS A BASTARD.

I WORRY THAT YORUBA MISUSE THE MEDIA FOR BRAIN WASHING.

IF THEY ARE NOT ATTACKING BRIDE PRICE, THEY ARE ENCOURAGING DISOBEDIENCE AND DISRESPECT TO YOUR PARENTS.

AND THEY SAY YORUBA HAVE RESPECT.

FOR MARRIAGE, U AND UR INTENDING SPOUSE, MUST PERSUADE AND GAIN THE BLESSINGS OF BOTH YOUR PARENTS.

OTHERWISE FORGET IT.

WEN U GO TO MARRY, U ACTUALLY MARRY THE WHOLE FAMILY, NOT JUST ONE PERSON.

PARENTAL CONSENT IS ESSENTIAL, IN FACT MANDATORY.

DON'T USE YOUR MARRIAGE TO BREAK THEIR HEART AND THEN CRY 10 OR 20 YEARS LATER WEN THEY DIE.

UR MARRIAGE SHOULD BE ONE THAT BRINGS THEM JOY.

IF THEY ARE NOT OK WITH INTERRACIAL OR INTER-TRIBE, GO FOR MARRIAGE WITHIN YOUR ETHNIC GROUP.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 7:17am On Mar 08, 2020
gentleibraheem:

I believe you're one. and it doesn't sound welcoming to you. your tone made it seem like you're rejecting them or so.
however don't get tense. I just felt it is a perfect circumstance to ask and I did. sorry!
grin
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:10am On Mar 08, 2020
Omar09:
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

Now tell me why I shouldn't listen to my parents?

ADVICE IS different from persistence.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2020
edunaragold:
I beg leave that rubbish, u don't truly live the person joor
grin
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by corjiakor(m): 9:48am On Mar 14, 2020
I didn't it's a must for your parents to choose a wife for you. They will give you guideline on the kind of woman to marry, when you find one, if they rejects that person, look for another one.

Or convince them to approve the girl for you.

Neroiam:

Let them not only marry her for u o.. Let them help u impregnate her and live with her.

If your parents ever choose a bride for you, it means you're effeminate.
If they trust you to make the right decision, they won't meddle in your affairs.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Dalby(m): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
JERRY1925:

U wrong, don't be surprised if u had accepted your parents decision u would still have issues and regrets. reason is, u will feel life would have been much more better if u had sticked to ur choice with every small challange u face with the one ur parents accepted.
It's good u make ur own mistakes. Its easier to learn from your mistakes than having someone to blame for your mistakes.
And if u can't make a good decision in marriage, it means ur parents failed in training or directing u from the very start.
For me, i know what my parents would accept, because they kept singing it from my childhood. i know what they might frown at. So before i even walk up to a girl, i already know what i want and what my parents might like.
But if after still trying to balance things 50/50 and they insist on something else, I'll ignore them. Because i trust my decision.
Truth is, its good to try balance things moat times, at least to put some smile on your parents face.
Example 1 for me.. I know my mum love hearing a girl is a virgin.. So before even showing her the girl, i start singing the girls praise to her(even if shes not one), before u know she done get interest for the girl.
Example 2, my mum don't like girls wearing trousers, so the day i brought my woman.. She wore a cute gown at least for some few period.
All this is to just create that first impression. When they have generated that love everything can now follow.
But some persons do not even understand what their parents like. They just bring anything (girl or man) home. Learn to package ur products well and never forget to sing their praise for months before even presenting them to parents.

What i observed is, parents only control or make choices for children who can't..if your parents know u to be a person that sticks to your decisions they won't dare tell u who to marry, because they know From previous experience that the matter is dead on arrival.
The exact thing they told me was what happened...
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 5:56pm On May 18, 2020
Dalby:
The exact thing they told me was what happened...
hmm
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Zaggie(m): 6:22pm On May 18, 2020
They can't go against my my wish, they gat no choice but to accept my wishes
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:48pm On May 23, 2020
Zaggie:
They can't go against my my wish, they gat no choice but to accept my wishes
like seriously
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by adekS1(m): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2021
XhosaNostra:

Depends what you mean by the bolded. I give my all in everything I commit myself to, marriage is no different. There're very few things that'd make me walk away from a marriage. It's all about honoring the vows for me, failure to do so, I'm gone.
u need to take it cool too...

Cos one of the virtues of marriage is still forgiveness. If worse come to worse separate for sometime,not divorce.

I av come to discover that anyone who hasn't marry but av started nursing reasons to divorce if her Man shd do somethings will eventually divorce believe me,the person dont need marriage cos eventually her man will one day do it to her surprise.
Forgiveness do makes marriage last longer and that is the virtue most of our parent and forefathers exhibit that makes theirs stand out.

Not cos they are also perfect
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Polynek(m): 11:39am On Feb 09, 2021
Issorite. Opinion is like a nose everybody get His/Her OWN

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Best Cream For Someone Who Is Dark And Oily In Complexion? / "Sexism" According To Crazy Feminists! / Do You Believe in No-Sex Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.