Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? (27970 Views)

Have You Ever Married Someone Against Your Parents Wish? / If A Girl Or Lady Toasts You, Will You Accept? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Sexyliciousbri: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2020
No
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:34am On Mar 04, 2020
I'm an obstinate person but I'm also open minded. I guess it'd depend on their reasons & they better be very valid. I like doing my own thing & learning as I go, so I wouldn't be so easily swayed from my decision. If the marriage fails, oh well. On to the next mistake grin

9 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by NobleDeSage001: 11:42am On Mar 04, 2020
Why not have your own mind? Why not make your decisions? Why not stand your ground on your choice?
If you please your parents, you may never be happy in such marriage.
Just some days ago, a lady who was forced by her father to marry against her wish came here to seek advice on how to make her marriage work.
Stick with your choice. If it does not work, you won't bear grudges against anyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
XhosaNostra:
I'm an obstinate person but I'm also open minded. I guess it'd depend on their reasons & they better be very valid. I like doing my own thing & learning as I go, so I wouldn't be so easily swayed from my decision. If the marriage fails, oh well. On to the next mistake grin

Sounds like you take marriage to be an adventure

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
AkeNathan:

Sounds like you take marriage to be an adventure

No, just realistic about it. There's always a 50/50 chance when it comes to marriage. Not every union is meant to last. However, I'll fight for mine until I'm given reason not to.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
XhosaNostra:

4 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by ednut1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yes. Parental blessings no guarantee marriage go work

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nickshrapnel: 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
why not if she get mad curve?

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by JosEast(m): 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
nope!
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Randy100: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
Except if my mother says no.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by tomdon(m): 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
Omar09:
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

Now tell me why I shouldn't listen to my parents?

Wow five whopping kids and she still looked young and without kids. Are you kidding me??
How did having 5 kids wreck him. Your point is not valid

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by helinues: 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Only a lazy man will be waiting for his parents to dictate who and who not to marry

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Mateen1000: 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
26”inch LG Led TV for sale at Affordable Price
Location IB
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by darlenese(f): 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
As a woman I married against my mother's wish , she wanted someone rich and well to do, I brought a man with a 5 digit salary ,
The first time she saw him, he was a penniless corper the moment she saw him she said I should end whatever I have with him that she doesn't like him, I ignored her and brought him again a year later after he got a bank job (with small salary )
long story short , We got married amidst many gossip about the bad choice of man I married , every one thought I would suffer ,my siblings visits me with food in their bags, cos they felt I cant afford to give them meals from my pot, it was that bad.
I'm thankful to God for Today , I made the right choice, my mum was just being greedy , she claimed her blood did not rhyme with him, holy crap, just because he wasn't rich.

Today we are proud owners of properties , businesses , our kids attend good schools, I won't say we are rich , but we are very comfortable .
I wish my mum and dad were still alive .

please it's not all the time an elder sees the top of an iroko tree clearly while sitting down abeg
, sometimes greed can make them see otherwise

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
Maybe I may not agree with some popular proverbial lines that makes it look like parents or elders are wiser and knows more while sitting down than a young person who climbs a tree.

The thing is parents have a way of predicting outcomes... maybe its intuitive or spiritual, but on a scale of 1 to 10 they usually come close to 10 with their choices for their kids.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Bojack(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yes Yes Yes
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by shogsman(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
Most definitely, even my parents knows I don't listen to their opinion on things like that so they don't even bother convincing me,I'm just like that.
It'y marriage you can't be telling me what to do simply because you gave birth to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by tunize(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
If the girl is flawless and i can see it from every aspect that she's is good i will marry her because she'll be living with me and not my parents." Nor b my parents wan decide who i go wife for me now, but they can give me advice where needed any other thing na my call".

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Adakintroy2: 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
Depend to what extend values polarise.

For instance most families are big on honest vertues. While most children are big materialism and vis versa.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Worlddeba(m): 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
Depends.. Sometimes our parents see whats ahead but sometimes its because of ego, believe and all that old sayings that was indebted in them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nmezor(f): 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
Nope, that won't happen. Parents blessings re very vital in marriage n the likes of it

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Lovelyn451(f): 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me
abeg o, I take God beg you marry Igbo, if it means traveling down to the village in December to attract an Igbo dude, biko do it and keep praying to God about it too
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Viicfuntop(f): 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
Omar09:
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

Now tell me why I shouldn't listen to my parents?

Mama’s boy is all I see here, justifying it by this post.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by bighorlus(m): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yes anyday. I choose who I spend my life with and I live with the consequences.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by fatymore(f): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2020
No....
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Bukky001(m): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
nlPoster:
Such things are based on a lot of factors:

Is it the culture where you come from, to marry someone your parents disapprove of

What reasons did your parents give

Why are you marrying someone your parents don't want you to marry

How involved are your parents with you and your decisions as an adult

You're reasonable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by DexterousOne(m): 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
perhaps it could be reasons honed from love... perhaps it could be reasons that has to do with his or her money.

what will you do if your parents refuses to give you their consent or permission to go on and marry that guy or lady?

Depends on their reason.

If they have a compelling reason
Then I have no choice than to disengage
But if the reasons are trivial or inconsequential

Then it's up to me to decide, which could go either way

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
Omar09:

Not my problem! We were not talking about those one.
Why are we not talking about those ones na? gringrin
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 1:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
What are my parents wishing for ,are they the ones getting married ,gosh what fvckry angry
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by StrikeBack(m): 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lovelyn451:
abeg o, I take God beg you marry Igbo, if it means traveling down to the village in December to attract an Igbo dude, biko do it and keep praying to God about it too
See them with their nonsense underbearing attitude

Later you'll start complaining of Racism

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Best Cream For Someone Who Is Dark And Oily In Complexion? / Do You Believe in No-Sex Before Marriage? / I Love My Colleague But She Has A Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.