Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (48774 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / US Man Going Through Divorce Crashes Dump Truck Into Wife's Home & Cars (Video) / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
Must you separate? Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
Go your separate ways as there was no legal marriage. Tell her it is over but be sure to take care of the kids afterwards

1 Like

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Kaynee: 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2020
24kmagic:
But that guy is lucky sha.

I will be the happiest man in the world if I can be able to pull this kinda stunt...

Me na just 3 children I need.
I will need their mother for some few years before I boot her out.

I just need to double my hustle and get a nice place, every other thing will fall in place. Women no de use eye see young man weh get small change, their sense de off (no be say them First get the sense sef).

So help me God

And then viola, all your three children are very pretty girls. And they all pass through what their mum passed through in their dad's hands. You now have a house full of 3 baby mamas. Beautiful family though, you, your girls and your grandchildren at old age.

12 Likes

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by kikake: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
Marriage - traditional, Court or Church - is where one or more persons witness two spouses openly say or demonstrate that they accept each other as husband and wife.

If no body witnessed two partners do the above when you started your partnership, you don't have to go to court to dissolve the partnership

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by mrZENographer: 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
Remijuice:
Please Forgive my Grammar.

A man and a woman living together as husband and wife with kid(s) but are not legally Married. That is, no Traditional or Court Wedding.

If one of them decides not interested in the Union, should he/she go to court before they are Separated?

Modified: If there is no Divorce Proceedings, what happens to the kids?

They've been commiting fornication.
There is nothing like divorce except they are married.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by bigtt76(f): 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
The court divorce is just a way of you guys reporting each other to the laws of your country through the court that if they don't formally separate you people.... One person fit kpai de oda undecided

Don't rush into marriage next time!

Remijuice:

A man and a woman living together as husband and wife with kid(s) but are not legally Married. That is, no Traditional or Court Wedding.

If one of them decides not interested in the Union, should he/she go to court before they are Separated?

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by EJanni(f): 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
UnknownQueen:

I'm presently going thru this...

We are married.... Registry, church traditional..

He wants me to pack and leave his house before or on March ending...

He said I can always come to check the kids, girl 5 years, boy 1 year 3 months.

He didn't talk about assets sharing.

He has a landed property and started work on it but not yet completed yet.
I invested almost 500k into the laundry business he has.... Bought Gen, geepee tank washing machine.... Irons, shop rent etc.

But he is asking me to leave just like that... If not he will cause a scene....

How do I go about this?

don't allow him to take your children away from you, they're too tender to stay without a mother. That said, proceed to court immediately.

Lastly, you can try out to resolve your differences and embrace peace. Just for the sake of your children. Marriage is not easy at all.

8 Likes

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by vickydevoka(m): 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
worworbabe:
I don't know the kind of desperation that makes women sleep with, move in with and have babies with men who did not find them valuable enough to marry.

Having babies won't keep a man, u no go hear.
Many is desperation. Imagine a family of 5 average looking gals from mbaise imo State. All are unmarried, of u happen to be de last gal with some age by ur side, u mind end up doing it.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by niyiforeal(m): 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Olayetan(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
SUPERPACK:
What I see in this case is cohabitation not marriage. So both of them should separate themselves as they wish since there was never a union in the first instance. Have you ever heard a boyfriend or girlfriend going to court when they no longer want a relationship?

So who takes custody of the kids?
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by vickydevoka(m): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
UnknownQueen:

I invested almost 500k into the laundry business he has.... Bought Gen, geepee tank washing machine.... Irons, shop rent etc.

How do I go about this?

If u are serious with ur words. Try call his people, of u are not close to Dem call ur people to meet his people to sort things out.
Wen u are eventually back together, please since u knw ur husband is short tempered, never u exchange words with him try to be submissive n try going closer to his people to caution him

1 Like

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by oglalasioux(m): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
I understand your worry. The kids are yours if you can biologically prove it.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Kokaine(m): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
grin grin grin Nigerians are the funniest people on earth I swear. I used to say Americans are funny people but Nigerians are funnier. I think the person wants to know about the custody of the kids sha
gouken2:
The way u entered into the union without involving anyone is the same way u can leave without involving anyone and trust me, no one will notice.

2 Likes

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Nwaonyishi69: 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
yvelchstores:
Any one who didn't marry with the approval and blessing of the woman's father is not married. If the father is late, who ever that is next in line of authority must give her away to the man. If this is not the case, then the man stole the woman.
It depends on the peculiar culture. In some places who ever made a woman pregnant is the father of the child. Otherwise, the child would be regarded as a bastard. Forget the gra gra Tonto Dike is doing.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by oglalasioux(m): 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
EJanni:
don't allow him to take your children away from you, they're too tender to stay without a mother. That said, proceed to court immediately.

Lastly, you can try out to resolve your differences and embrace peace. Just for the sake of your children. Marriage is not easy at all.
Any woman can make a baby but it takes a real woman to be a mother.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by SUPERPACK: 11:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
UnknownQueen:

How do I go about this?

That's wickedness. Get a lawyer and demand for the custody of the kids since they are still small and need their mum most. The lawyer will also put things in place to secure child support for the kids. I just hate marriage bruhaha.

5 Likes

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by AuroraB(f): 11:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
yvelchstores:
Any one who didn't marry with the approval and blessing of the woman's father is not married. If the father is late, who ever that is next in line of authority must give her away to the man. If this is not the case, then the man stole the woman.
Stop this! The woman's got stolen because she's a loaf of bread, a purse or something lipsrsealed
Isn't this very out of place?

4 Likes

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Useku(m): 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
keepingmum:
If you were not married traditionally, religiously or legally then u cant seek redress from the customary court, church or divorce court.

If you didnt think the court, church/mosque or customs important enough to seek their approval for your cohabitation you cant go to them for redress when things fall apart

If your cohabitation produced children, go to your state family services or social welfare and they will draw up a financial support plan in place as well as visitation and custody agreement for both parties.

Are you a lawyer?
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by UnknownQueen(f): 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
SUPERPACK:
That's wickedness. Get a lawyer and demand for the custody of the kids since they are still small and need their mum most. The lawyer will also put things in place to secure child support for the kids. I just hate marriage bruhaha.

He also said I can leave with the kids if I want to....

He just wants me to go... Without the court involvement....
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by SUPERPACK: 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
UnknownQueen:

He also said I can leave with the kids if I want to....

He just wants me to go... Without the court involvement....
What of child support? did he agree to take charge of it? He needs to provide for both you and the kids till you get another husband at least.

1 Like

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Summer65: 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Please I need names of 5 affordable,shortest drive, hotel to USA embassy Lagos ,as granny interview date is at the door. (next month )
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

No answer to my question since yesterday this site is depreciating Oo .This question was asked on the appropriate forum no better results... I need answer now
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by UnknownQueen(f): 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
SUPERPACK:
What of child support? did he agree to take charge of it? He needs to provide for both you and the kids till you get another husband at least.

We have not talked about this... I hope to discuss this with him tomorrow... But from his last statement... He only just said I can always come to visit the kids.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by NdiaraIGBO: 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2020
worworbabe:
I don't know the kind of desperation that makes women sleep with, move in with and have babies with men who did not find them valuable enough to marry.

Having babies won't keep a man, u no go hear.

And who told you marriage, legal or not, will keep a man who wants to go?
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Jakub1: 11:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
NdiaraIGBO:

And who told you marriage, legal or not, will keep a man who wants to go?
[/s]
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by SUPERPACK: 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
UnknownQueen:

We have not talked about this... I hope to discuss this with him tomorrow... But from his last statement... He only just said I can always come to visit the kids.
Is he planning to marry another woman? If yes, I think it will be better to go with your kids so you can train and protect them too. But have you exhausted all means of reconciliation?
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by kingPhidel(m): 11:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Which kan title this write up question-like semi sentence is.... OP be careful with English
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by UnknownQueen(f): 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
vickydevoka:

If u are serious with ur words. Try call his people, of u are not close to Dem call ur people to meet his people to sort things out.
Wen u are eventually back together, please since u knw ur husband is short tempered, never u exchange words with him try to be submissive n try going closer to his people to caution him

We used to exchange words but since then I have always tried to avoid him for sake of the kids, now using the silence and ignore button, he said I should leave... Any small thing pack and go... And little issue pack and go.... Said I'm proud and Dat we are not compatible... I'm tired of begging and feeding his ego. M just this afternoon my daughter came back from school crying that i should not leave.. This brought tears to my eyes but I don't even know what to do again.

1 Like

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by SUPERPACK: 11:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
Summer65:
Please I need names of 5 affordable,shortest drive, hotel to USA embassy Lagos ,as granny interview date is at the door. (next month )
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

No answer to my question since yesterday this site is depreciating Oo .This question was asked on the appropriate forum no better results... I need answer now
Google Map can help out in this type of situation.
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by UnknownQueen(f): 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Is he planning to marry another woman? If yes, I think it will be better to go with your kids so you can train and protect them too. But have you exhausted all means of reconciliation?

We have not... He probably wants me to call my people again... So they can beg him as usual and feed his manly ego... I only just want him to monetize my assets and liabilities with him. But this he will not agree to
Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by NdiaraIGBO: 11:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
24kmagic:
But that guy is lucky sha.

I will be the happiest man in the world if I can be able to pull this kinda stunt...

Me na just 3 children I need.
I will need their mother for some few years before I boot her out.

I just need to double my hustle and get a nice place, every other thing will fall in place. Women no de use eye see young man weh get small change, their sense de off (no be say them First get the sense sef).

So help me God

Idi£t what do you need 3 children for? 3!

1 Like

Re: No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? by Aboguede(m): 11:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
Call it the right name

Babies mother and babies father grin

Both party are obliged to contribute to the children welfare

If any one party fail to contribute the other can go to court

Sense no go kill me shocked

Remijuice:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / Delta Man Cries Out For Help Over Wife Allegedly Assaulting Him Repeatedly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.