Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (24797 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 1:24am On Dec 27, 2010
[b]@GAR3TH;
I noticed that you have been ranting about this post being senseless, yet you have not given a credible reason why Nigeria should be together. Your reasons simply gives a clue about how satisfied you are with the way Nigeria is now.
For 50 Years Nigeria have only been able to maintain a little over 2500 megawatts of electricity, very deplorable transportation system, extremely bad roads, high rate of crimes, unnecessary deaths, a high level of sectionalism (Even more than it was in the 60s), a very high level of corruption, high unemployment rate ( A prelude to the kidnappings, robbery etc embarked by youths), more frustrations, a very bad business environment, the list is endless. The thing is that it would have been understandable if Nigeria didn't have the resources to develop, but there is abundance of resources! Question is what is wrong. Answer is Sabotage and inefficiency.
If a Hausa man gains political power, he will strive to favor his own ethnic people, there by favoring ethnicity over quality and ensuring absolute inefficiency. At the same time, even if he tries to include everyone like Yar'adua tried to do, he will be sabotaged due to some ethnic related reasons. For example,  It is easy for disgruntled Muslim politicians in Jos to use money to induce some Muslim Alamijiris to go and slaughter helpless women and children just to show their anger about the fact that they are not politically favored. Would the same happen if they were leading their own people, who are Muslims? Will they go to that length no matter their level of anger and dissatisfaction?
Nigeria needs to split for peace, which is a pre-requisite for progress to exist. It is quite silly to think that Yorubas voice will not be heard in an Oduduwa republic, or Igbos voice will not be heard in Biafra republic etc. It is silly to think that Biafra will sit and see Oduduwa republic progressing without striving to progress too. Will Biafrans cry foul if their citizens who bluntly decides to go to Arewa republic (With all the sharia and Boko Haram) are slaughtered and butchered? They won't. Will MEND Come up if Itsekiris, Urhobo's and Ijaws control their own resources by themselves in their Niger-delta republic? Nope! They will blame themselves if they fail, and they will fight among themselves, but that will be in Niger-delta republic, and not in Arewa, Biafra or Oduduwa republic.
With all the investments you claim that are flowing into Nigeria, have anything changed? I just left Nigeria some days ago, nothing has changed. Yes more buildings are going up and more flowers are being planted, but there is still no light, bad roads, insecurity, Unemployment is still very high, unnecessary loss of human lives, high incidents of despoil etc. So where is the benefit of the investments. What is the use of skyscrapers when there are very few people to live in them, due to the high cost of buying or living in them. How many Nigerians can afford them? Of course these skyscrapers will run on generators and can be attacked by MEND or Kidnappers if they wish. So what is your point?
I am surprised  that you are saying that Nigeria is progressing. Imagine a 50 years old country that has abundance of resources still grappling with intense poverty and inefficiency.
Permit me to compare Nigeria with Malaysia. Like Nigeria, Malaysia is multi-ethnic, dominated by Muslim Malays, who are in fact lazy, but very pro-developmental. They don't work hard, but they are very accommodating to other religions, give opportunities to other ethnic groups and strive to maintain developments. They allow the Malay Chinese and Indians to contribute and gain equally in Malaysia, especially when it comes to developmental issues, yet they all have different religions. They live together and are very happy together. This has made the other ethnic groups to complain less, because indeed there are less things to complain about.
If the Hausa of Nigeria were like the Muslim Malays of Malaysia, We'd be happy and silent. But no they are not! They are the most anti-developmental set of politicians ever. Even their own people benefit nothing from them. They own oil wells, while giving peanuts to Alamijiri youths, especially when they see the need to kill opponents.
Lastly, Please list out reasons why Nigeria should be one, and stop beating about the bush.[/b]
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 1:44am On Dec 27, 2010
edit wrong forum
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 2:04am On Dec 27, 2010
GAR3TH:

here is a nice video of the power of the Nigerian consumer.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5FZBSRx21Y?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

[b]Seriously, you want Nigeria to be one because of the domestic consumption capability of Nigerians? LOL! Come on Man, you gat to be joking.
Is Nigeria's domestic consumption capability in anyway helping Nigerians?
Lemme give you the mathematics;
Domestic consumption should attract more investments which must be ensured through government's expenditure (In infrastructures especially), with a long term goal of ensuring employment and national income.
First of all, there is absolutely dearth in infrastructural facilities in Nigeria; bad roads and transport systems, insecurity, lack of proper protection of intellectual property rights, No light, No efficient water flowing systems etc
Secondly, the corruption in Nigeria has made Nigeria's business environment a death trap especially for Foreign direct investors. This is characterized by Multiple-taxation, bribery etc.
As a consequence, Foreign investors stay away, and prefer to invest through Nigerian importers to satisfy the big domestic consumption capability of Nigeria.
As a result of this, there are less jobs and Lack of enough national income from that area. Little wonder why Nigeria is dependent on Petroleum export.
To make matters worse, Importation was banned by the Obasanjo Government, without a corresponding rise i n local production. This helped corruption and smuggling to increase, and neighboring countries benefited from the high consumption ability of Nigerians instead because their income from import taxes on Nigerian importers increased.

Nigeria's high domestic consumption ability is absolutely of no benefit to Nigeria as a Nation. This is because Nigeria's government does not know how to solve the maths and take advantage of the high population in Nigeria.
Singapore is made up of only 4.5m million people, with absolutely no resources (WATER IS SCARCE THERE), but they are a first world country with well over 500billions United states dollars in external reserves. They have a political system dominated by the Chinese, in a despotic manner, but very pro-developmental.
So you see, a country's population is absolutely useless when people in it cannot ensure development due to differences in ethnicity and religion.[/b]
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 27, 2010
Justcash:

[b]Seriously, you want Nigeria to be one because of the domestic consumption capability of Nigerians? LOL! Come on Man, you gat to be joking.
Is Nigeria's domestic consumption capability in anyway helping Nigerians?
Lemme give you the mathematics;
Domestic consumption should attract more investments which must be ensured through government's expenditure (In infrastructures especially), with a long term goal of ensuring employment and national income.
First of all, there is absolutely dearth in infrastructural facilities in Nigeria; bad roads and transport systems, insecurity, lack of proper protection of intellectual property rights, No light, No efficient water flowing systems etc
Secondly, the corruption in Nigeria has made Nigeria's business environment a death trap especially for Foreign direct investors. This is characterized by Multiple-taxation, bribery etc.
As a consequence, Foreign investors stay away, and prefer to invest through Nigerian importers to satisfy the big domestic consumption capability of Nigeria.
As a result of this, there are less jobs and Lack of enough national income from that area. Little wonder why Nigeria is dependent on Petroleum export.
To make matters worse, Importation was banned by the Obasanjo Government, without a corresponding rise i n local production. This helped corruption and smuggling to increase, and neighboring countries benefited from the high consumption ability of Nigerians instead because their income from import taxes on Nigerian importers increased.

Nigeria's high domestic consumption ability is absolutely of no benefit to Nigeria as a Nation. This is because Nigeria's government does not know how to solve the maths and take advantage of the high population in Nigeria.
Singapore is made up of only 4.5m million people, with absolutely no resources (WATER IS SCARCE THERE), but they are a first world country with well over 500billions United states dollars in external reserves. They have a political system dominated by the Chinese, in a despotic manner, but very pro-developmental.
So you see, a country's population is absolutely useless when people in it cannot ensure development due to differences in ethnicity and religion.[/b]

Even tho you made a whole lot of sense, how would division target corrupt governance? undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:36am On Dec 27, 2010
So when we split corruption would disappear abi? Dream on!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 3:01am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Even tho you made a whole lot of sense, how would division target corrupt governance? undecided

Chrisbenogor:

So when we split corruption would disappear abi? Dream on!
[b]
[b]
Corruption is everywhere, in every country. As a matter of fact, the countries that I used in my examples are corrupt too, but it has not stopped them from progressing and developing. Singaporean Lawmakers earn a whole lot of money, more than normal. The children of Lee- Kuan Yew (Singapore's Minister mentor) are multi-millionaires due to some political aid by their father. Bribery is still very much in Malaysia, just as in other parts of the world e.g United States, UK, China, saudi Arabia etc. The issue is pro-developmental governance. This comes in two forms;
Either the leaders are pro-developmental and instill the attitude in their people.
Or the People force their leaders to be pro-developmental, no matter how corrupt he may seem.

In a divided Nigeria, Oduduwa, Arewa, Biafra, Nd republic etc can deal with their leaders directly in order to ensure development, without an interference from strangers from other ethnic groups. This will create a feeling of emotional duty on the leaders, and keep them within the reach of their people. For example, Imagine that the capital of Biafra is Enugu, and Orji Uzor Kalu becomes the president of Biafra. It will be very easy to reach him from other states and make life unbearable for him, more than when he hides away in Abuja and uses religious patronage (E.g appointing a Northern Muslim as a personal assistant, or Minister of petroleum to win over other ethnic groups and troops against their own people). He can easily deploy soldiers from the northern part of Nigeria to deal with uprisings against him in the East through appointing a Muslim Northern COAS who will be glad to slaughter christians if he is a president in Nigeria. This he cannot do in Biafra republic.
However, it is not compulsory that all component nations must develop, but there will be peace, which will give way for them to develop anytime they wish to. At the same time, it will not be a Nigerian thing if a component country decides not to develop and remain violent. It will be the responsibility of that under-developed country's citizens and Leaders. Why should an Igbo man be worried about Oduduwa or Arewa republic not developing, if his own country is developing and vice versa? The rub-off effect that we experience now will be eliminated.

Splitting will create an opportunity for nations to create their own wealth and not depend on other people's wealth.
Igbos can depend on trading and commerce, since oil may not just be enough.
Hausa can depend on Agriculture since they are good at that.
Yoruba can depend on FDI and commerce too
Niger-delta can depend on their oil.
Mid-belt can depend on agriculture.

Any country that fails to rise will fail and it will not concern other component countries. Like I said before, it is not always the country with the biggest resources that may be the most developed.[/b]
[/b]
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Dec 27, 2010
roflmao!!!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 4:15am On Dec 27, 2010
To those who say their group makes up to 35%-40% of Lagos State, or that they own 80% of Abuja. . . . And other Cock and Bull stories (or that they are the Largest Ethnic Group), I ask; How did u get this "Accurate" figure of Yours in a country that no single credible/reliable method of identifying its own citizens/residents? I'm not saying you are not superior to any tribe as you have constantly harped all over NL; I'm just asking, HUMBLY, HOW DID YOU. REACH YOUR FIGURES SO ACCURATELY?! I'd like to witness the buzz that goes on around the world the day a proper and accurate census is done in Nigeria and it is realized that the most populous black nation on earth has only about 90-100 million residents.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 4:27am On Dec 27, 2010
jaygetta:

To those who say their group makes up to 35%-40% of Lagos State, or that they own 80% of Abuja. . . . And other Cock and Bull stories (or that they are the Largest Ethnic Group), I ask; How did u get this "Accurate" figure of Yours in a country that no single credible/reliable method of identifying its own citizens/residents? I'm not saying you are not superior to any tribe as you have constantly harped all over NL; I'm just asking, HUMBLY, HOW DID YOU. REACH YOUR FIGURES SO ACCURATELY?! I'd like to witness the buzz that goes on around the world the day a proper and accurate census is done in Nigeria and it is realized that the most populous black nation on earth has only about 90-100 million residents.

Everyone is claiming just like your people too. However the former minister of Abuja (who should know) and who is a northerner, El Rufai, was the one who reported that Igbos owns 75% of Abuja landed property.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 4:30am On Dec 27, 2010
Justcash:

must develop, but there will be peace, which will give way for them to develop anytime they wish to. At the same time, it will not be a Nigerian thing if a component country decides not to develop and remain violent. It will be the responsibility of that under-developed country's citizens and Leaders. Why should an Igbo man be worried about Oduduwa or Arewa republic not developing, if his own country is developing and vice versa? The rub-off effect that we experience now will be eliminated.

Splitting will create an opportunity for nations to create their own wealth and not depend on other people's wealth.
Yoruba can depend on [b]FDI
and commerce too

Any country that fails to rise will fail and it will not concern other component countries. Like I said before, it is not always the country with the biggest resources that may be the most developed.[/b]
[/b]

Eastern Nigerians get some of the highest foreign remittances. Lagos may be the most first-point of landing, but then the money moves again to the SE. This was shown here in the past.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Becomrich12: 4:31am On Dec 27, 2010
look you even if nigeria break, the only other possible break up is this. But there have to be an agreement between  arewa and Biafra to share the 70% oil revenue.

There must be an agreement between biafra and arewa to share the 70% oil base on the number of state. Since biafra now 13 and Arewa would have 12 states.  while edo,delta, bayelsa yorubas goes into benin republic. This is the only other possible solution. If any break up

But still think the north should just cut off edo,delta,bayels and Yorubas it is more easy for them.

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 4:59am On Dec 27, 2010
@Ochi-Agha: You really think I made a certain statement because there 'was' a certain 'beef' (which I don't even remember) between us? You must really attach a lot of undue importance to your person. If you really think that I remember you once I log off NL you must be smoking some really potent ish. 'Ask the Bini', u say? Do I sound like someone that needs tutelage about Edo Culture or its people? I am not one of those that promotes ethnic superiority or just talks rubbish that I know not about. I speak with facts at hand; nothing is supposition when it comes to laying down my points. Oh, another group you should refrain from asking me about are the Fulanis and Yorubas, except of course you somehow manage to have those ethnicities in your immediate lineage. As per your "Former Southern Nigerian Republics" Utopia, You advocate a nation made up of what remains of the former Southern Nigeria; your position is hypocritical. You have stated numerous times, in unequivocal terms, how much you despise the Yorubas (you think they are the bane to your development). Why then do you want a country with a group of people with whom you seem to be in constant 'bitter' (as opposed to 'friendly') competition with? I read numerous comments by you and the likes of Onlytruth that seem to advocate "Eastern Development", not because they think it will actually help the Igbos, but because they fervently hope the opening of establishments such foreign embassies/companies, and facilities such as airports and ports in the east, will drive business out of Lagos, cripple its economy, and eventually destroy its economy. With the vile riles of 'Us v Them' which you guys' posts are usually filled with, why then do you insist on living with them in a new country?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 5:18am On Dec 27, 2010
We can also separate thus
North and West together (battle it out w/n themselves) muslims with muslims
The former East together + Delta Igbo together
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 5:25am On Dec 27, 2010
@Omongbati:Its so sad when a grown man can't take a hint: I do not wish to converse with you. You are too divisive a tribal bigot to acquaint oneself with because with an individual like you when the disrespect starts (and it eventually will) one will regret ever giving you audience; so better let the familiarity start, ok? Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. I mean look at how you referred to me: 'Your People'! Who are my people? If you had any sense and you'd see that I don't claim a certain group (I'm a mixture of just ONE parent's lineage being made up of a combination of at least 3 different tribes); I do not owe allegiance to one single group in Nigeria. I call it as I see it. To me, fair is fair.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 5:29am On Dec 27, 2010
*Better to NOT let the famliarity start.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 5:30am On Dec 27, 2010
jaygetta:

@Omongbati:Its so sad when a grown man can't take a hint: I do not wish to converse with you. You are too divisive a tribal bigot to acquaint oneself with because with an individual like you when the disrespect starts (and it eventually will) one will regret ever giving you audience; so better let the familiarity start, ok? Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. I mean look at how you referred to me: 'Your People'! Who are my people? If you had any sense and you'd see that I don't claim a certain group (I'm a mixture of just ONE parent's lineage being made up of a combination of at least 3 different tribes); I do not owe allegiance to one single group in Nigeria. I call it as I see it. To me, fair is fair.

What the crap? Who cares about a faceless cyber urchin? You overestimate your humble self.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 5:36am On Dec 27, 2010
@Omongabti: from a single "What the Crap" to quickly editing it to include an insult labeling your loved ones as 'cyber urchins'; well, u said it not me. Anyway sha, I don give u enough audience. Find ur playmates else where----or continue with your usual ones. Me and u no dey for the same catego. . .Levels different. Deucez!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 5:48am On Dec 27, 2010
^^^ ;
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga Jaygetta

How was your xmas?
Ignore that 'cyber urchin'

You know Omo Ibo na, dem get skoin skoin for head sometimes!

Hope the snow isnt affecting you too much?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 5:50am On Dec 27, 2010
jaygetta:

@Ochi-Agha: You really think I made a certain statement because there 'was' a certain 'beef' (which I don't even remember) between us? You must really attach a lot of undue importance to your person. If you really think that I remember you once I log off NL you must be smoking some really potent ish. 'Ask the Bini', u say? Do I sound like someone that needs tutelage about Edo Culture or its people? I am not one of those that promotes ethnic superiority or just talks rubbish that I know not about. I speak with facts at hand; nothing is supposition when it comes to laying down my points. Oh, another group you should refrain from asking me about are the Fulanis and Yorubas, except of course you somehow manage to have those ethnicities in your immediate lineage. As per your "Former Southern Nigerian Republics" Utopia,  You advocate a nation made up of what remains of the former Southern Nigeria; your position is hypocritical. You have stated numerous times, in unequivocal terms, how much you despise the Yorubas (you think they are the bane to your development). Why then do you want a country with a group of people with whom you seem to be in constant 'bitter' (as opposed to 'friendly') competition with? I read numerous comments by you and the likes of Onlytruth that seem to advocate "Eastern Development", not because they think it will actually help the Igbos, but because they fervently hope the opening of establishments such foreign embassies/companies, and facilities such as airports and ports in the east, will drive business out of Lagos, cripple its economy, and eventually destroy its economy. With the vile riles of 'Us v Them' which you guys' posts are usually filled with, why then do you insist on living with them in a new country?

You singled out my post even though many people in this thread have been singing the same tune. That is why I said you are carrying your beef with me on another thread onto this thread. I am pretty sure you have forgot our little squabble, so do act so oblivious to what has previously occurred. You get offended, because I told you to ask the Bini people how they feel about political alignment with the Yoruba? I do not know your personal history, nor I care. Like most people in the internet, they can say whatever they wish to be, and I would not care. You could be a Shuwa Arab person. I still wouldn't care. And there is nothing hypocritical about my wish for a Southern Nigeria Federation. I have not spoke ill will against the Yoruba nation, nor have I mocked any Yoruba on Nairaland. Go through all my post and you will not find any mockery of any group. I may talk about the development of Igboland, but that doesn't mean I am a tribalist. The burden of proof is on you to prove a tribalistic posting that I have done on Nairaland. And there is nothing wrong with advocating for "Eastern Development." There is a need for development in the East and I will continue to advocate it. If you have a problem with that, then you can go screw yourself. I do not see any competition with Lagos either. For one thing, I think the city is an overcrowded trash heap that is overrated. I prefer cities such as Enugu or Abuja to Lagos. But that does not mean an "US vs. Them" mentality. I do not view through tribal lens, because it is bad for business to be honest. All I see is future customers. Tribalism is bad for business and I will continue to reiterate it.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Omarbah: 6:09am On Dec 27, 2010
It is not by running from our responsibilities that the people of this country will be live in peace. We have problems and there are ways even though hard ways to solve them. We all know that these fightings are caused by manipulations and they frequently occur when elections come around. The ruling class is the one to blame. Also that notion of "fatality" is making some nigerians lose hope.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 6:37am On Dec 27, 2010
@StrangerF: Ewo lo se, paddy mi? My Christmas was good o. How was urs? Ah, snow yi po di e o!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2010
Justcash:

[b]
[b]
Corruption is everywhere, in every country. As a matter of fact, the countries that I used in my examples are corrupt too, but it has not stopped them from progressing and developing. Singaporean Lawmakers earn a whole lot of money, more than normal. The children of Lee- Kuan Yew (Singapore's Minister mentor) are multi-millionaires due to some political aid by their father. Bribery is still very much in Malaysia, just as in other parts of the world e.g United States, UK, China, saudi Arabia etc. The issue is pro-developmental governance. This comes in two forms;
Either the leaders are pro-developmental and instill the attitude in their people.
Or the People force their leaders to be pro-developmental, no matter how corrupt he may seem.

In a divided Nigeria, Oduduwa, Arewa, Biafra, Nd republic etc can deal with their leaders directly in order to ensure development, without an interference from strangers from other ethnic groups. This will create a feeling of emotional duty on the leaders, and keep them within the reach of their people. For example, Imagine that the capital of Biafra is Enugu, and Orji Uzor Kalu becomes the president of Biafra. It will be very easy to reach him from other states and make life unbearable for him, more than when he hides away in Abuja and uses religious patronage (E.g appointing a Northern Muslim as a personal assistant, or Minister of petroleum to win over other ethnic groups and troops against their own people). He can easily deploy soldiers from the northern part of Nigeria to deal with uprisings against him in the East through appointing a Muslim Northern COAS who will be glad to slaughter christians if he is a president in Nigeria. This he cannot do in Biafra republic.
However, it is not compulsory that all component nations must develop, but there will be peace, which will give way for them to develop anytime they wish to. At the same time, it will not be a Nigerian thing if a component country decides not to develop and remain violent. It will be the responsibility of that under-developed country's citizens and Leaders. Why should an Igbo man be worried about Oduduwa or Arewa republic not developing, if his own country is developing and vice versa? The rub-off effect that we experience now will be eliminated.

Yoruba can depend on FDI and commerce too

[/b]

Are you for real? Emotional duty?
Are we paying them extra to be emotional?
My friend, what concerns an hungry man with emotions?

What we need in NIgeria is a clean CHECK AND BALANCE system, or any system that can keep the powers in check.
We need the people's voice to be heard, we need people to understand the law and their rights. Infact, letting people know they have rights is the first thing. We need clean judiciary system.

The first thing first is for people to step up.

If Nigeria breaks up because of corruption, corruption will eat up the new nations. If the same problem persists in this new nations, we'll just be back to another Nigeria wanted to break into small[b]er[/b] pieces.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Ojiani: 8:20am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What we need in NIgeria is a clean CHECK AND BALANCE system, or any system that can keep the powers in check.
We need the people's voice to be heard, we need people to understand the law and their rights. Infact, letting people know they have rights is the first thing. We need clean judiciary system.

If Nigeria breaks up because of corruption, corruption will eat up the new nations. If the same problem persists in this new nations, we'll just be back to another Nigeria wanted to break into small[b]er[/b] pieces.

Now I see why women are not allowed to talk.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2010
Ojiani:

That doesnt bite, my dear Chyz. Esp from men on this section.

How is splitting up going to end or minimize corruption if we still have the same sets of politicians? Obviously, the politicians are still going to be there, the mentality is still going to be there. So something else needs to change.

Do you, as a man, want to give your own explanation?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2010
Ojiani:

Shut up dia

Small time now, you go dey put Ileke Idi's Idi for your siggy? like sunny bobo

She is 43 yrs old with 6 kids you know. Her first child called Chike is older than you, and her 3rd husband is old enough to be your grand pa.

Respect ok?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Ojiani: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That doesnt bite, my dear Chyz. Esp from men on this section.

How is splitting up going to end or minimize corruption if we still have the same sets of politicians? Obviously, the politicians are still going to be there, the mentality is still going to be there. So something else needs to change.

Do you, as a man, want to give your own explanation?

I think women should stay out of politics.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 8:28am On Dec 27, 2010
Ojiani:

I think women should stay out of politics.

I think you are right, especially if you are married with 6 kids. . . innit?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 27, 2010
@Justcash

Looking for one of your sensible replies

Ileke-IdI:

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by trueword: 9:10am On Dec 27, 2010
While Nigeria has problems, urging for its splitting will not solve the problems that would probably still be seen in the "new" nations formed. One of the most important reasons why things are not moving forward as quickly as possible is because of the crop of leadership found in the country. If all Nigerians knew of the importance of voting and insisted/fought for their votes to be counted, I doubt we would be here talking about this issue.

One important fact is that Nigeria did not fight for its independence from Britain. It was more or less given. If Nigerians had come together and fought a war of independence to get Britain to leave things would be much different because people would be much less tolerant of people/politicians that seek to move the country backward. What we tend to see is that people will just say "its in gods hands" and will not really try to join together and resist to show that the future of the country is really in the hands of the people and that we can't be waiting around for a day that some natural disaster will take away all the people that have stood in the way of nigeria's progress.

We see the examples, through some state governors, of how much progress can be made when the right people are in place. I think what we should instead be trying to figure out is how to ensure that our votes count.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2010
jaygetta:

I read numerous comments by you and the likes of Onlytruth that seem to advocate "Eastern Development", not because they think it will actually help the Igbos, but because they fervently hope the opening of establishments such foreign embassies/companies, and facilities such as airports and ports in the east, will drive business out of Lagos, cripple its economy, and eventually destroy its economy. With the vile riles of 'Us v Them' which you guys' posts are usually filled with, why then do you insist on living with them in a new country?

Dude, I don't know what you are smoking but you are WRONG about my post! undecided undecided

Why do your type always see the world through the zero-sum prism?
Must my gain be your loss?

I never said anything about "crippling Lagos economy" while developing eastern economy! undecided undecided

I said something about developing eastern ports and economy. Moving Igbo economy eastwards. cool
Does it mean you are not confident of replacing the Igbo investments?

I thought that is what some Yoruba posters have been saying on nairaland.
You are the one filed with vile riles of "us vs them". undecided undecided
Anytime Igboman starts talking about developing eastern ports and economy, you start feeling threatened.
Unfortunately for you it is even bound to happen sooner because of political developments in Nigeria lately.

Igbo have come to see that international access is really all we need in the short to medium term. Everything else follows after that.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by kettykin: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2010
If ibos leave lagos whether by omisson or commision any of 3 things might to lagos.
1. Lagos can turn into another ibadan (from a world city to a regional capital) with the resultant outflux of brains and multinationals to better business environment.
2. Lagos can mutate to jos, they large number of hausa/fulani in lagos island and obalende will exert their plotical influence with the resultant riots and bombs and NADECO kind of nois.
3. Lagos can mutate to illorin , with the fulanis completing their conquest to sea by forcing an Emir , they did it in illorin and can do it in lagos.
Mind you lagos is congested no room for much growth.
How ever if ibos get to use their international airport and dredged river very well. Port cities like onitsha will get a rapid influx of brains and businesses . With about 30 % reduction in cost of goods transported through the sea to onitsha and not thru road . Ibo business men in far flung hostile cities like sokoto and maiduguri will rapidly relocate to the port city to do business. Other businesses like insurance , ship building and repairs, warehousing, dry docking, fuel import terminals,import and export agents, maritime logistics, fishing will find the city a profitable business climate.
And with the growth of the movie industry and tourism , the bandwagon effect can better be imagined.
Onitsha's closeness to the south south ,north central , abuja and south east should be explored maximally. Good and services can reach target destination in record time.
What ibos need is good planning and strategy , ibos don't even need the presidency except for pride sake,rather ibos need home grown multinationals.
Ibos might or might not need seccession after all.
Consider the minorities of the minorities in Borno,adamawa yobe and kaduna , their only hope is ibo, if you seccede they will become slaves in their regions.
Notice that the so called middle belters have not done any thing to salvage jos , they are waiting foolishly for ibos.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by bkbabe97y(m): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

Dude, I don't know what you are smoking but you are WRONG about my post! undecided undecided

I never said anything about "crippling Lagos economy" while developing eastern economy! undecided undecided

Onlytruth:

The Igbos are also in Abuja in similar numbers for the same reasons. Imagine for once that Nigeria is gone and with it the federal resources that sustain such places (FG still spend money in Lagos in big numbers due to many federal presence there), Lagos will immediately lose its favor, especially when Port Harcourt and Calabar will no longer be sabotaged by the FG. They would become FULL ports. Why should Igbo remain in Lagos? Also, Ohanaeze would OPENLY ask Igbos to return home to build it.

Once again, me thinks u've been exposed as the scoundrel liar and ethnic bigot you are. Its true, You and your fellow smelly Biafrans stay wishing things go upside down in Lagos/SW while  the East rises. Like the destruction of the Yoruba economy is a prerequisite to Ibo economic success! Sad effers!

By the way, Youve said worse than the bolded! Really aint got much time to go thru ur hate-filled posts!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20)

El-Rufai & Shettima Waiting For Buhari To Die To Seek Presidency - Arewa Youths / How Wike Schemed His Way Into Tinubu’s Cabinet / Atiku Abubakar And His 26 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.