Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (24792 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2010
why create another thread? we have about 70 of these created already and almost all of them come to a conclusion that nigeria wont split. Nigeria is bad but its not as bad as you think. Nigeria has potential and if it splits then you will lose that potential.

International investors are already flocking to Nigeria because of its potentials. But you hardly see that many Nigerians abroad investing in Nigeria, why, because you all brain washed yourselves in thinking Nigeria is a wasteland.

If nigeria is really doomed as you guys say then why are people investing million and billions of dollars in nigeria?

answer that question.

trust me, nigeria wont split.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by dayokanu(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

You brought up some interesting point. I agree with you on some point, but others point, I disagree with. The point that I agree with you on concerns the good people of the SS. They should have the right to choose a nation that they wish to be a part of. I see no problem with that. However, some SS groups cannot have a nation of their own, because they will be too small. It will be foolish for them to have a nation of their own. Plus, some SS groups do not even get along, in which they are is open hostility against them.

Yoruba language is dominant in the South-West, I do not deny that. However, I disagree with you concerning that the Yoruba would be the new "Hausa" in a Southern federation. The Hausa are truly unique. Plus, in a Southern federation, the Yoruba and the Igbo populations are proportional.

The reason why a Southern federation would work is due to the fact of the Yoruba/Igbo rivalry. That would be beneficial for minorities, because they could be the deciding vote. A minority can truly have power.

I dont care what the SS do with themselves, They can choose to merge with Sao Tome, Cameroun or Equitorial Guinea if they cant stand alone.

Assuming a Southern Nigeria country is coming to place, I wont want to be insulted like they do Hausas calling them leeches and stuff. I repeat SW dont need the SS oil to stand alone.

Also You cant say the SS is too small to stand alone, some countries in Europe A country like Andorra has less than 100,000 people countries like Leichenstein and Luxemburg are actually very small.

Lets do the numbers What would be the total population of Southern Nigeria?  With a State like Lagos alone having a population of over 15million, we can say the SW would almost be half of the whole country population wise.

Therefore going by Popular votes, It would be very difficult to get a candidate to power that doesnt enjoy the support of the SW block(Looks similar to what we have with Hausas now right?)

SW, Enjoy the largest population, thereby would have more resources allocated to them, Unlike the current Hausas they have intellectually sound people that can match any part of Africa, So its easy to get a whole cabinet and key positions dominated by Yorubas (Without Federal character). In 20yrs time, wont we be back to this same spot of other ethnic groups being disgruntled and want to break?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH, people are only interested in Nigeria's mineral resources. They do not care if the nation is split up or not. These investors that you speak of only care about making money. If that means in a new nation, then so be it. As long as the oil is still flowing and other resources are gained from within Nigeria's borders. Just wait and see. A new nation will be formed in 2011, and that will be in Southern Sudan. This might start the reorganization of the African continent.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by dayokanu(m): 7:41am On Dec 26, 2010
udezue:

Biafra-(Igbo,Efik-Ibibio,Ogoni,Ijo,Idoma, and Igala)

Oduduwa-(Yoruba-Itsekiri,Bini, and Esan)

Arewa-(Hausa,Fulani,Nupe, Kanuri,Jukun)

MiddleBelt-(Tiv,Gwari,Berom,Angas,Kataf,Ebira)

You really think Ijaw, ogoni, Igala and idoma people would join Biafra?

I LOL at the thought of having Ijaw people with you in your Biafra.

What happens to Urhobo, and other Delta people in your categorisation?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:46am On Dec 26, 2010
dayokanu:

I dont care what the SS do with themselves, They can choose to merge with Sao Tome, Cameroun or Equitorial Guinea if they cant stand alone.

Assuming a Southern Nigeria country is coming to place, I wont want to be insulted like they do Hausas calling them leeches and stuff. I repeat SW dont need the SS oil to stand alone.

Also You cant say the SS is too small to stand alone, some countries in Europe A country like Andorra has less than 100,000 people countries like Leichenstein and Luxemburg are actually very small.

Lets do the numbers What would be the total population of Southern Nigeria?  With a State like Lagos alone having a population of over 15million, we can say the SW would almost be half of the whole country population wise.

Therefore going by Popular votes, It would be very difficult to get a candidate to power that doesnt enjoy the support of the SW block(Looks similar to what we have with Hausas now right?)

SW, Enjoy the largest population, thereby would have more resources allocated to them, Unlike the current Hausas they have intellectually sound people that can match any part of Africa, So its easy to get a whole cabinet and key positions dominated by Yorubas (Without Federal character). In 20yrs time, wont we be back to this same spot of other ethnic groups being disgruntled and want to break?

Now I know where we are disagreeing with on. The population figures. It is common knowledge that the population in Eastern Nigeria has not been fully counted. That is a fact. That is why when someone says that their population is larger, I only take that with a grain of salt, because know one really knows the population of the Igbo and other Eastern ethnic groups.

Lagos has a huge population, that is something that I agree with you on. But it will be foolish to say that the entire population is Yoruba. Remember that Lagos is a multi-ethnic city, where all groups reside in that city. I doubt, a nation between the Igbo and the Yoruba would be dominated by the Yoruba. Even in Nigeria, there hasn't been a time when the Yoruba have dominated government. The Igbo at one time, and the Hausa now have dominated government. Can you name a time in Nigerian history, where the Yoruba have dominated government?

As you know the SS does not stop at the river Niger. It is also West of the River Niger, so keep that in mind as well. No one really needs oil to survive. Many nations are even resource poor. Look at many of the European nations, and they are still doing better than Nigeria. Singapore is just a city-state, and boast a very high income based on being a transport hub. Not that many natural resources are found in that city.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2010
dayokanu:

You really think Ijaw, ogoni, Igala and idoma people would join Biafra?

I LOL at the thought of having Ijaw people with you in your Biafra.

What happens to Urhobo, and other Delta people in your categorisation?

Idoma are very similar to the Igbo, that many Igbos bear Idoma names and vice versa. Southern Idoma and Northern Igbo languages are very similar as well. To the point, that someone from either group could understand a few things that the person is saying. The links between these two people are far older than the contraption known as Nigeria.

Now the Ijaw people. That is the big question mark. However, many Ogoni fought on behalf of Biafra in the past. That is a fact. Overwhelmingly I must add. Most people do not know that, because of the actions of Ken Saro-Wiwa.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 26, 2010
sadly, nigeria splitting will not solve anything

how will that resolve the issues in jos?

as DK has pointed out, the same issues of marginlaisation will rise again and again

unless we're looking for 300 plus nation states

democracy and the ensuing escalating fight for political dominance is what is causing the never ending jos crisis

mark my words, in a split nigeria, it will be repeated across the states

remember the ijaw itsekiri beef that was shelved because of MEND?

we will see more and more of that - especially as nigerians do not seem to be able to play democracy the white mans way
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 7:53am On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Now I know where we are disagreeing with on. The population figures. It is common knowledge that the population in Eastern Nigeria has not been fully counted. That is a fact. That is why when someone says that their population is larger, I only take that with a grain of salt, because know one really knows the population of the Igbo and other Eastern ethnic groups.

Lagos has a huge population, that is something that I agree with you on. But it will be foolish to say that the entire population is Yoruba. Remember that Lagos is a multi-ethnic city, where all groups reside in that city. I doubt, a nation between the Igbo and the Yoruba would be dominated by the Yoruba. Even in Nigeria, there hasn't been a time when the Yoruba have dominated government. The Igbo at one time, and the Hausa now have dominated government. Can you name a time in Nigerian history, where the Yoruba have dominated government?

As you know the SS does not stop at the river Niger. It is also West of the River Niger, so keep that in mind as well. No one really needs oil to survive. Many nations are even resource poor. Look at many of the European nations, and they are still doing better than Nigeria. Singapore is just a city-state, and boast a very high income based on being a transport hub. Not that many natural resources are found in that city.

When?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

When?

During the 1960s. The Igbo dominated every sphere in government. Even the military, there were plenty of Igbo officers. That is why I said, there was a time when the Igbo dominated government. But those days are long gone. The Hausa-Fulani have dominated Nigeria since the capitulation of Ndi Igbo.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

GAR3TH, people are only interested in Nigeria's mineral resources. They do not care if the nation is split up or not. These investors that you speak of only care about making money. If that means in a new nation, then so be it. As long as the oil is still flowing and other resources are gained from within Nigeria's borders. Just wait and see. A new nation will be formed in 2011, and that will be in Southern Sudan. This might start the reorganization of the African continent.

lol the investors that i'm taking about arent after our mineral resources, but the economic potential of nigerians. nigeria is said to be and economic power in the up coming years and is part of the Next 11. nigeria has also report economic growth through out this decade, and has seen a dramatic rise in the middle class. thats why you see companies like Spar, KFC etc investing in nigeria. even the billion naira project eko atlantic is being built for free by investors.

and we will lose all this if we split, if you recall When a military coup took place in niger, nigerian stock fell because investor thought that the coup was in nigeria. imagine what happens when we split.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by dayokanu(m): 8:01am On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

In the same vein if you say the SE has never been fully counted, we can also say the SW has also never been fully counted.

Think about a City like Lagos and even Ibadan(Considered Biggest City South of Sahara) It would definitely tilt the figures in favour of the SW, Also you know we have more Igbos in SW, than Yorubas in SE almost at the ratio of 20:1. I mean for every 1 Yoruba man in SE, we have 20 Igbos in SW.

Despite their large population, they still cant change the politics of the SW, Lagos and Ibadan, despite their huge foreign population, would always vote in line with the wishes of the SW.

The multi-ethnicity of Lagos hasnt changed them from being a typical Yoruba state in terms of Politics.

The SW havent been in the core of National politics because they have mainly been in the opposition from independence. That explains why they have never dominated National Politics.

An Alliance between Igbos and Hausa would definitely have igbos providing the intellectual base and Hausas the political base. That was what Akintola was about to change before the 6 majors struck. The SW have formed an almost indivisible bloc even till today, Evidence by the wave of ACN in the SW now.

For me if Nigeria is to divide, i would rather only Yoruba speaking part go together and lets figure our own things out in our way instead of having some people who would feel marginalised and want out in the next few years
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by edoyad(m): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2010
why create another thread? we have  about 70  of these created already and  almost all of them come to a  conclusion that nigeria wont split.  Nigeria is bad but its not as bad as you  think. Nigeria has potential and if it  splits then you will lose that potential. International investors are already  flocking to Nigeria because of its  potentials. But you hardly see that  many Nigerians abroad investing in  Nigeria, why, because you all brain  washed yourselves in thinking Nigeria  is a wasteland.  [b]If nigeria is really doomed as you guys  say then why are people investing  million and billions of dollars in  nigeria? [/b]answer that question.  trust me, nigeria wont split.

The Chinese are also investing billions in Sudan but the south will be holding a referendum soon that'll definitely split the country. The billionS invested won't disappear, the investments'll still be there after the break up.

@It's a good thing that the younger generation are almost all in agreement that Nigeria should split. Now it's just a question of time, let the old generation with their "one nigeria" mentality wither away so the plan can materialise.
When a division is agreed, a conference for who and what goes where can be convened.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2010
dayokanu:

In the same vein if you say the SE has never been fully counted, we can also say the SW has also never been fully counted.

Think about a City like Lagos and even Ibadan(Considered Biggest City South of Sahara) It would definitely tilt the figures in favour of the SW, Also you know we have more Igbos in SW, than Yorubas in SE almost at the ratio of 20:1. I mean for every 1 Yoruba man in SE, we have 20 Igbos in SW.

Despite their large population, they still cant change the politics of the SW, Lagos and Ibadan, despite their huge foreign population, would always vote in line with the wishes of the SW.

The multi-ethnicity of Lagos hasnt changed them from being a typical Yoruba state in terms of Politics.

The SW havent been in the core of National politics because they have mainly been in the opposition from independence. That explains why they have never dominated National Politics.

An Alliance between Igbos and Hausa would definitely have igbos providing the intellectual base and Hausas the political base. That was what Akintola was about to change before the 6 majors struck. The SW have formed an almost indivisible bloc even till today, Evidence by the wave of ACN in the SW now.

For me if Nigeria is to divide, i would rather only Yoruba speaking part go together and lets figure our own things out in our way instead of having some people who would feel marginalised and want out in the next few years

That was a nice post. You bring up some valid points. However, I will still say that the Igbo population in Nigeria is larger than many people think. Especially since Igbos can be everywhere in Nigeria. And I would go even as far as say that the Igbo population is the largest in Nigeria. Remember that Eastern Nigeria is the most densely population region in Africa. But I do not want to start a fight concerning our population figures.

I actually enjoy the competition amongst the Igbo and Yoruba. Where have we seen outright hostility amongst the Igbo and Yoruba in cities in Nigeria? I haven't heard of any. Competition is good I must say in this case. You will not see either group maiming each other due to differences.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by udezue(m): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2010
@dayokanu,

Ijo, Ogoni, had leaders who played roles in favor of Biafra so its not impossible for them to be part of a new Biafra.

I'm not to sure about the Urhobo-Isoko ppl. They can either go with Oduduwa or with Biafra. Culturally they seem fit to be with either Biafra or Oduduwa nation.

Igala and Idoma are culturally very close to Biafra. Some parts of Nsukka are a mix of both Idoma and Nsuka-Igbo and historically there are towns that shared leadership btwn the two. Almost like a North-South zoning of power. Igala and many Anambra towns got so much in common. Ex, Egwu Igede. Idoma and Igala also share same market days with the Igbo.

What other ethnic groups are in Delta state? Its only 4 of em and they were all covered.

Certain Southern-Eastern and Middlebelt groups have been intermarrying for who knows how long and also have cultural similarities, linguistic ties, also same and similar style of government.
The majority of Igbo, Ijo, Efik, Ogoni, Idoma communities have always had lose type of federation or autonomous entities even b4 British arrived. A form of Democracy did exist.
Yoruba, Bini, Esan, Itekiri, share many similarities and common ancestory. Also they had a more centralized type of government or I guess Kingdom/Dynasty. Some are muslim and some are xtians.

Hausa-Nupe,Kanuri,Fulani got 1 thing that holds em together and its Islam. Nuff said.

Middlebelt is a mixed bunch. One thing that unites them is their opposition to Fulani-Islamic influence. They are also culturally related. They are mostly Christian and animist.

I'm simply going by history, language, type of governance, etc.

I see emergence of 4 nations from Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2010
edoyad:

The Chinese are also investing billions in Sudan but the south will be holding a referendum soon that'll definitely split the country. The billionS invested won't disappear, the investments'll still be there after the break up.

thats not the investment i'm talking about. your talking about resource investment. hell i would go to Afghanistan if i had a Coal mining company. what i'm talking about is the investments that would put money in peoples pockets and not the governments. like shops, home, manufacturing, retail etc.

edoyad:

@It's a good thing that the younger generation are almost all in agreement that Nigeria should split. Now it's just a question of time, let the old generation with their "one nigeria" mentality wither away so the plan can materialise.
When a division is agreed, a conference for who and what goes where can be convened.

last time i checked the young generation was for a united nigeria and the old were for division

@ topic
like others said before if you split things will still be the same or even worse.  the corrupt will still be there, violence will still be there etc. all you did is just draw a line in between them. if you want to solve those issue then you must go after each problem individually.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 8:17am On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

During the 1960s. T[b]he Igbo dominated every sphere in government. Even the military, there were plenty of Igbo officers.[/b] That is why I said, there was a time when the Igbo dominated government. But those days are long gone. The Hausa-Fulani have dominated Nigeria since the capitulation of Ndi Igbo.

Just because there are Ibo officers doesn't necessarily mean they dominated the military.
Dominated in what sense? number wise or rank wise?
Even in the 60s, the highest ranking officers were of Yoruba extraction, not Igbo, not Hausa!
In terms of sheer number, the Hausas have always dominated
The British, fearing southern agitation for secession and potential southern domination of the North post independence, practically handed the machineries of the military to the North. They trained them and encouraged them more than any other group to enlist in the military

As to your claim that they dominated every sphere of government, again no evidence

The problem I have with you is that you make unsubstantiated claims that are ridiculous and bother on the absurdity; yet, you are always eager to shut others up!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by dayokanu(m): 8:22am On Dec 26, 2010
In the SS while reluctant to mix anyone with the SW, i can actually go with Edo people, Itshekiri and a large part of Delta State if they are willing. But those Rivers Bayelsa , Good luck with whoever they go with.

Udezue, Are you sure Ijaw and Ogoni played roles in favour of Biafra? I thought they were the ones who sabotaged you and Federal troops were only able to get to Biafra because Ijaw and Ogoni folks aided them
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Ojiani: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2010
udezue:

@dayokanu,

Ijo, Ogoni, had leaders who played roles in favor of Biafra so its not impossible for them to be part of a new Biafra.

I'm not to sure about the Urhobo-Isoko ppl. They can either go with Oduduwa or with Biafra. Culturally they seem fit to be with either Biafra or Oduduwa nation.

Igala and Idoma are culturally very close to Biafra. Some parts of Nsukka are a mix of both Idoma and Nsuka-Igbo and historically there are towns that shared leadership btwn the two. Almost like a North-South zoning of power. Igala and many Anambra towns got so much in common. Ex, Egwu Igede. Idoma and Igala also share same market days with the Igbo.

What other ethnic groups are in Delta state? Its only 4 of em and they were all covered.  

Certain Southern-Eastern and Middlebelt groups have been intermarrying for who knows how long and also have cultural similarities, linguistic ties, also same and similar style of government.
The majority of Igbo, Ijo, Efik, Ogoni, Idoma communities have always had lose type of federation or autonomous entities even b4 British arrived. A form of Democracy did exist.
Yoruba, Bini, Esan, Itekiri, share many similarities and common ancestory. Also they had a more centralized type of government or I guess Kingdom/Dynasty. Some are muslim and some are xtians.

Hausa-Nupe,Kanuri,Fulani got 1 thing that holds em together and its Islam. Nuff said.

Middlebelt is a mixed bunch. One thing that unites them is their opposition to Fulani-Islamic influence. They are also culturally related. They are mostly Christian and animist.

I'm simply going by history, language, type of governance, etc.

I see emergence of 4 nations from Nigeria.

1. The ijo and ogoni have members in the MASSOB.If Biafra was structured into provinces where they are in control of their land, they will see that as highly appealing

2. Urhobo-Isoko would most likely not join Oduduwa Republic because the name alone is just not welcoming. They would feel like visitors in a country that is suppose to be home. Hence, Oduduwa as nothing to do with their history.

3. I would advice that the Igbo not try and include tribes that arent need in the country such as Idoma and Igala. For one, Biafra doesnt need any muslim/christian nonsense of islamic uprisings. The more tribes,the more difficult and could lead to more in-fighting.Remember, the west will always be their to cause that so the less, the better.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 8:31am On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20, my problem with you as well is that your postings reek of tribalism. I noticed it from one of your post saying that the South-East is the least endowed region in all of Nigeria. Forgetting the South-East, has a huge abundance of oil, coal, and iron ore. Plus, the region is blessed with palm kernel as well. My resource maps did shut you up concerning that topic though.

Every post of yours has a pinch of tribalism and tribal chest beating. Unlike [b]dayokanu [/b]whose post are enlightening. Do not bother talking to me. I tolerated you long enough. I tried to be fair with you, but it is no point arguing with a tribalist of the highest order. Anyone can tell you are trying to derail this thread and make it Igbo vs Yoruba. There are many more ethnic groups besides Igbo or Yoruba so shut up.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by udezue(m): 8:44am On Dec 26, 2010
@DayoKanu,

I'm not here to play any silly game with anyone or all that Biafra history crap coz I think u should study history first instead of folktales. Ukpabi Asika, Ikw Nwachukwu, Elechi Amadi fought against Biafra but they are Igbo. Does it mean the Igbo can't be part of Biafra?

Why should the action of Ken Saro Wiwa be an indication that the Ogoni can't be part of biafra when we have men like Kogbara who fought for Biafra?

Why should Adaka Boro's action against Biafra cancel that of Frank Opugo who fought for Biafra and even gave us the name?

Banjo and Soyinka supported Biafra. Banjo even led an army of Biafrans all the way to Ore so are u gonna say the Yoruba were in support of Biafra?

Point blank there were divisions and ppl fought on either side.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by dayokanu(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2010
For me personally I would prefer a SW with limited oil so we can develop other sectors of the economy which are probably much more viable.

Oil for local consumption is just okay by me

Since we found oil in Nigeria what good has it been to us as a country except to some individuals?

What hapenned to the Oil Palm of the SE, the Cocoa of the SW, Groundnut of the North and the minerals of the middle belt? All were neglected for OIL. and we can all see where it got us now.

Oil is what I would describe as "Awoof" in Nigeria and like they say The awoof is running our belle in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by maimalari: 9:01am On Dec 26, 2010
This issue of oil in the south pisses me off. Ok na who get oil wey dey for atlantic ocean? Abi ocean na person land? Cos I know very much that most of the oil explorations and exploitations are offshore(ocean) based.

As the saying goes, two heads are better than one. Its just for us to have a good leader who can bring us and the south to reason genuinely together thru a sovereign conference and implement the outcome. As simple as that.

Remember, this nation is endowed with abundant mineral resources, oil and agriculture. Corrupt and Bad governance has been the problem. Democracy is the only option for the common man to revolutionarise this country. Pls I enjoin my fellow Nlanders and Nigerians to vote wisely without sentiments. The future of this country is in our hands thru democracy. We can prove to those cabal that our destiny is with us. So let's defend democracy!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2010
@justcash: i completely agree with u, this contraption called Nigeria has failed 2work. U ve jst stated d obviouse and there is nothing more to add. Pls can any1 tell me y North be it in Nigeria or anypart of d world do nothing but VIOLENCE: Is it curse or what, i just dnt get it
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2010
Where did you get that that the Yorubas dont have oil. The yorubas have oil. There are more oil well in Ondo state than Bayelsa state or akwa ibom state from satellite picture.  from looking at the picture it beat my mind , why the ijaws think they own the oil and talk as if the oil is thiers. from what we see. bayelsa has less well.

I did count the number of oil well in cross river offshore, there are about 15.
In akwa ibom, you have about 17 or 18, what akwa ibom has been claiming as akwa ibom is really in cross river state, so even my self I made mistake, until I used NASA longtitude system to look at the location. They are in cross river state.

River state looks like have more rigs. but some of them I cant judge well until the cloud are clear, i can tell you in some days, if the cloud are clear,  But some are rigs because they are square in shape. But what I can tell you is, if edo,delta and Yorubas leave, we would have 30% of the production of Nigeria , while the rest would get 70%

And 30% is better than zero we have at the moment.

You can see the pictures , not all of the pictures are rigs but  some are vessel ship. so not all are rigs.

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2010
People need to realize that oil is not everything. Some of the wealthiest nations were not built on natural resources. They were built on human capital.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by udezue(m): 9:33am On Dec 26, 2010
Only mentally lazy individuals obsess themselves over oil. We are talking about splitting the failed nation into viable nations and grouping ethnic nations with groups they are more compatible with and some are hear debating about who has more oil. *hiss*
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by sochan: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2010
Whether we accept the truth or not, Nigeria is not one country. So those that tink a split would not be the solution should go back and revisit the reason they think Nigeria should be one.

The most logical would be a North South split, but where the boundaries would be, because the middle belt are likely to want to join with the South.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 10:08am On Dec 26, 2010
if the north had revenue, I could agree with that situation. but they dont have revenue. So they are better off going with the east which have oil.

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by sochan: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2010
No I totaly disagree the North needs to go with anyone. Let them go and raise thier own revenue. We have been bonded in this loveless, abusive, cruel marriage called Nigeria for far too long.

Nigeria must split for peace.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2010
A split makes more sense, can we have a poll to this thread?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2010
give me one reason, why dont you want to go with them. you have no reason. why dont you want to share the oil money with the north when edo,delta and yorubas leave Nigeria. Why?

look at cross and akwa ibom ibom, you have alot of oil. share with them. or give them part of the revenue since you people are going to have 70% of the oil, dont be greedy. you are greedy. 70% of oil.

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by sochan: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2010
Why must anyone share anything with the North? Why? What does the North share with anyone, besides senseless killings.

The North should go thier way. We down south like peace.

These same Northerners that butchered my brothers and sisters during the civil war? you just be joking, let them go and fend for themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20)

Tinubu Appoints Tajudeen Datti-Ahmed — Executive Director, Others On MOFI Board / Soludo Joins Makinde To Flag Off 32.2km Circular Road Infrastructure In Ibadan / Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.