Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (24791 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

you guys can keep talking. . .but can anyone give me one good reason why nigeria should split?

Hello, which planet did you just drop from? Just go straight to jos and access the situation there, then come back and ask your question again.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2010
invisible!:

Five countries, namely
1. Housa fulani
2. middle belt, kogi, benue, edo and yes, delta (for the sea access) a true minorities world.
3. Yoruba
4. Ibo and some part of rivers (for the access to sea)
5. other parts of rivers, bayelsa, cross river, akwa ibom and a few christian towns from nassarawa,

There is no continuity of land from Bayelsa to Akwa ibom/Cross river if Igboland extends to the sea as you stated in option 4 above. I hope you know.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

PH is Igbo again?

I thought London was the  Igwe Ocha? No?

Ph is still very very ibo.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

There is no continuity of land from Bayelsa to Akwa ibom/Cross river if Igboland extends to the sea as you stated in option 4 above. I hope you know.

There is, from Ogoni thru Eleme to Ikwere (Elelenwo) and then via the East-West road to Bayelsa. But they will have to cross Igboland in Ikwerre territory
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

And can you give us one good reason why Nigeria [b]should [/b]split? Nigeria is a failure. Has much changed since the days of Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello or Nnamdi Azikiwe?

i think you ment to write shouldnt.

anyway if nigeria splits, your problems will still be there. you wwont solve anything because all you did was draw a white line in the ground. how would splitting solve our power problem or corruption. if there is a problem you go after it, and you dont do something as stupid as plit.

ex. there is a house on fire, what do you do. instead of solving the problem by calling the fire department or getting water, you decide to argue who started it. you then decided which furniture belongs to you and which belongs to you roommate. mind you the house is still on fire. so what do you gain? nothing your house is till on fire.

and for the fact that you said nigeria hasnt changed since independence is pure ignorance. nigeria has accomplished many things. yes nigeria is not developed but it is developing. we has has a steady economic growth through out this decade and we are witnessing the rise of the middle class. if you continue i could easily spam this theard with articles and data that nigeria is developing.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

you guys can keep talking. . .but can anyone give me one good reason why nigeria should split?

. . .Funny question. I'll reply with another:
Have you heard of any country that is not at war, but several thousand lives are lost to religious conflict on an annual basis?

For every seemingly sensible reply you give to the above, I'll ask two deep questions. Deal?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

I must confess, my geography is rusty an I didnt look at maps, that will leave us the option of throwing bayelsa to the ibo side if they will agree.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2010
invisible!:

Hello, which planet did you just drop from? Just go straight to jos and access the situation there, then come back and ask your question again.

so a car bomb will decide if a nation split? so cheap killing decide if a nation splits? so ethnic killing decide if a nation splits?

lol no wonder people call nairaland a joke. R.I.P. to does that died but that doesn't institute a nation splitting.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

. . .Funny question. I'll reply with another:
Have you heard of any country that is not at war, but several thousand lives are lost to religious conflict on an annual basis?

For every seemingly sensible reply you give to the above, I'll ask two deep questions. Deal?

grin grin grin

Beaf to the rescue! cool
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

so a car bomb will decide if a nation split? so cheap killing decide if a nation splits? so ethnic killing decide if a nation splits?

lol no wonder people call nairaland a joke. R.I.P. to does that died but that doesn't institute a nation splitting.

No sir, we should ask for a genocide to decide a split, submit three members of your family to boko haram to slaughter!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
invisible!:

I must confess, my geography is rusty an I didnt look at maps, that will leave us the option of throwing bayelsa to the ibo side if they will agree.

That is why suggested Biafra earlier. I don't know what others think, but I believe it is the most viable option for everybody in the East. The region was once one, and issues could be easily identified and solved using available historical facts.
I still believe that Ijaw will come around when facts are presented to them about the future. So no biggie really.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

anyway if nigeria splits, your problems will still be there. you wwont solve anything because all you did was draw a white line in the ground. how would splitting solve our power problem or corruption. if there is a problem you go after it, and you dont do something as silly as plit.

ex. there is a house on fire, what do you do. instead of solving the problem by calling the fire department or getting water, you decide to argue who started it. you then decided which furniture belongs to you and which belongs to you roommate. mind you the house is still on fire. so what do you gain? nothing your house is till on fire.

and for the fact that you said nigeria hasnt changed since independence is pure ignorance. nigeria has accomplished many things. yes nigeria is not developed but it is developing. we has has a steady economic growth through out this decade and we are witnessing the rise of the middle class. if you continue i could easily spam this theard with articles and data that nigeria is developing.

My post was corrected as soon, as I saw my mistake. You just didn't see it. Anyway. . .

No nation is without problems. However, you do not see in civilized nations, people getting killed because of their religion or ethnicity. This is peculiar to many developing nations. And you use the example of corruption. Corruption is everywhere. The most corrupt nation in the world is considered by many is the U.S. There are just different types of corruption. Some are seen blatantly, while other corrupt activities are hidden from the public. So your example is a moot point.

Nigeria has not change. Why do you think people are nostalgic for the leaders of old? Yorubas wish Awolowo was still amongst us. Northerners wish Ahmadu Bello and Balewa was still amongst us. And Igbos wish Dr. Michael Okpara was still amongst us. Nothing has changed in Nigeria. Nigeria has actually gotten worse. But you seem like a guy who hates to face the truth and keeps his head in the sand.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

anyway if nigeria splits, your problems will still be there. you wwont solve anything because all you did was draw a white line in the ground. how would splitting solve our power problem or corruption. if there is a problem you go after it, and you dont do something as silly as plit.

I must say I agree with some of your points, especially the ones about Nigeria developing gradually. But all those pales into insignificance with any soul lost for avoidable reasons, killed by sane, innocent looking fellow citizens who are showing no signs of change from the days of 1966 pogroms. The blood of the innocents is crying unto heaven, and if the only way to stop this madness will be to cut this nation, I will be happy to provide the knife.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

Those are enough reasons to split.

"cheap" killing? [Expensive killing? question for another day]. Like many have previously said, unless the frequent killings in Jos can be stopped, the country should just divide.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

My post was corrected as soon, as I saw my mistake. You just didn't see it. Anyway. . .

No nation is without problems. However, you do not see in civilized nations, people getting killed because of their religion or ethnicity. This is peculiar to many developing nations. And you use the example of corruption. Corruption is everywhere. The most corrupt nation in the world is considered by many is the U.S. There are just different types of corruption. Some are seen blatantly, while other corrupt activities are hidden from the public. So your example is a moot point.

Nigeria has not change. Why do you think people are nostalgic for the leaders of old? Yorubas wish Awolowo was still amongst us. Northerners wish Ahmadu Bello and Balewa was still amongst us. And Igbos wish Dr. Michael Okpara was still amongst us. Nothing has changed in Nigeria. Nigeria has actually gotten worse. But you seem like a guy who hates to face the truth and keeps his head in the sand.

if you believe nigeria has not changed then i'm sorry, but the fact is nigeria of today is better than the nigeria of 1960. you can argue blindly about   the facts, data, reports and first hand experience about it. yes nigeria is no wonder land, but it has improved as is still improving. and to say that i'm the one who cann't face the truth is just ignorance. since anyone can easliy obtain the information that nigeria is improving.

the only reason why this thread was created was because the op is brainwashed by islamophobia and the natural lust that Nigerians have for bad news. i've been on nairaland long enough to witness that every time something bad happens in nigeria some one always create one of these stupid splitting thread. go look in the nairaland archives and you'll see lots of these. but every time good news is posted about nigeria nobody response to the post. they all turn a blind eye, same with islamophobia. when christians attack muslims no body post and every one turns a blind eye, but when muslims attack it becomes a hot topic.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Those are enough reasons to split.

"cheap" killing? [Expensive killing? question for another day]. Like many have previously said, unless the frequent killings in Jos can be stopped, the country should just divide.

really, sorry you just failed. what about power & electricty? so killings is your #1 priority

-----

nairaland is just a website full of hypocritical, tribilistic, posters. that is why i hardly post here.

can anyone give me a real reason why nigeria should split?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

really, sorry you just failed. what about power & electricty? so killings is your #1 priority

What about power and electricity?

Is that even worth discussing when it comes to Nigeria?

So, tell us why Nigeria should stick together. You havent even given us one good reason.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
invisible!:

I must say I agree with some of your points, especially the ones about Nigeria developing gradually. But all those pales into insignificance with any soul lost for avoidable reasons, killed by sane, innocent looking fellow citizens who are showing no signs of change from the days of 1966 pogroms. The blood of the innocents is crying unto heaven, and if the only way to stop this madness will be to cut this nation, I will be happy to provide the knife.

but how does splitting the nation solve the killing? thats what i said before, you'll just draw a white line on the ground but the killing will continue.

if you want to solve a problem you dont avoid it like you guys are suggesting, you go after it. be implementing a real security present in the region and not the joke security force that we have now in jos.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 11:47pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

if you believe nigeria has not changed then i'm sorry, but the fact is nigeria of today is better than the nigeria of 1960. you can argue blindly about   the facts, data, reports and first hand experience about it. yes nigeria is no wonder land, but it has improved as is still improving. and to say that i'm the one who cann't face the truth is just ignorance. since anyone can easliy obtain the information that nigeria is improving.

the only reason why this thread was created was because the op is brainwashed by islamophobia and the natural lust that Nigerians have for bad news. i've been on nairaland long enough to witness that every time something bad happens in nigeria some one always create one of these silly splitting thread. go look in the nairaland archives and you'll see lots of these. but every time good news is posted about nigeria nobody response to the post. they all turn a blind eye, same with islamophobia. when christians attack muslims no body post and every one turns a blind eye, but when muslims attack it becomes a hot topic.

How is the Nigeria of today, different from the Nigeria of 1960? We have more corruption in Nigeria today, than in the 1st Republic. This is a fact. Nigerian leaders of yesterday cared about their people, today, they only care about enriching themselves. Don't you see the difference? What is improving in Nigeria? The average Nigerian is dirt poor. In addition, the gap between the rich and the poor is widening as we speak. I do not see progress.

I don't care nor do I know the reason why the OP created this thread. However, I am not going to stick to a dream that Nigeria needs to be united. I used to think like you. Nigeria has so much potential. However, you cannot create a nation out of a people with different histories. Give me an example of a nation that is advancing that has people who have different history. And you better not use the United States, because that nation was built on immigrants. Only a fool will say the house is not on fire, when the house is clearly about to burn up.

To save lives, Nigeria must be split. It is as simple as that. I care about my fellow humans.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

but how does splitting the nation solve the killing? thats what i said before, you'll just draw a white line on the ground but the killing will continue.

if you want to solve a problem you dont avoid it like you guys are suggesting, you go after it. be implementing a real security present in the region and not the joke security force that we have now in jos.

Splitting the nation helps reduce the killings. . . .  by a lot.
It's not just a white line on the group. It's a border than controls who comes in and out of one's country.
What the boko harams and its likes  want is their own nation where sharia will be practiced. Give them their own country, let them continue their rubbish there. So anybody that goes into their country knows their law and will abide by it.
However, Nigeria cannot have partial laws [one of out problems], you have half of the country with this law and the other half with that law. Makes no sense.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

What do you mean how will it solve the killings? If these people are in separate nations, then it solves itself. Middle Belt people are suffering in they need their own nation. The Hausa-Fulani are trying to kick them off their ancestral land. If the good people of the Middle Belt had a nation of their own, they can force these Hausa-Fulani to go back to their homeland.

Drawing a line in a sand sometimes does help.

You have not given me a solid reason why this nation should be kept as one.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

-----

nairaland is just a website full of hypocritical, tribilistic, posters. that is why i hardly post here.

can anyone give me a real reason why nigeria should split?

So, power and electricity is now more important than human life?
Its good you hardy post here, saves us the torture of knowing we have insensitive Nigerians trying to justify their numb senses.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by ajalio(f): 11:51pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

And can you give us one good reason why Nigeria shouldn't split? Nigeria is a failure. Has much changed since the days of Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello or Nnamdi Azikiwe?

It is not Nigeria but the manner how the government of the passt decades has done, respectiely has not done its duty.

invisible!:

Do you want to tell that Jos is representative for whole Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

the only reason why this thread was created was because the op is brainwashed by islamophobia and the natural lust that Nigerians have for bad news. i've been on nairaland long enough to witness that every time something bad happens in nigeria some one always create one of these silly splitting thread. go look in the nairaland archives and you'll see lots of these. but every time good news is posted about nigeria nobody response to the post. they all turn a blind eye, same with islamophobia. when christians attack muslims no body post and every one turns a blind eye, but when muslims attack it becomes a hot topic.

In what ways is Nigeria of today better than Nigeria of the 60's?
In the 60's, it was possible for Igbo's to win seats in Yoruba land and and Northerners to win seats in Igbo land. I'm curious, tell me how today's Nigeria is better, cos all others have witnessed the slow crumbling of a horrible and unworkable foundation. Things have gradually worsened over the years and the foreign investments and growth you talk about are only coming on the back of oil, which is a thing we don't manufacture or even know how to drill.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

What do you mean how will it solve the killings? If these people are in separate nations, then it solves itself. Middle Belt people are suffering in they need their own nation. The Hausa-Fulani are trying to kick them off their ancestral land. If the good people of the Middle Belt had a nation of their own, they can force these Hausa-Fulani to go back to their homeland.

Drawing a line in a sand sometimes does help.

You have not given me a solid reason why this nation should be kept as one.

Shebi the SEasterns are trying to claim the middle belt, and what not?

Why cant some of these MBelters gradually start migrating into SE. They'll be welcomed. no?
Just like the People of Egba.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by GAR3TH(m): 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What about power and electricity?

Is that even worth discussing when it comes to Nigeria?

So, tell us why Nigeria should stick together. You havent even given us one good reason.

like i said before splitting doesnt solve anything. what do you gain, nothing.

If you want to solve a problem you should go after it, dont Blame, dont avoid, just go straight to the problem and solve it.

nigeria isnt as bad as you all have brain washed yourselves into thinking. its actually and investment heaven, that will turn into an economic power house.  why do you think that international investors are flocking to nigeria. I'm not taking about resource investors like shell, i'm talking about investors like Spar, Kfc, Eko Atlantic, etc. investors that will put money in the peoples pockets and not the government.

If you recall The nigerian stock market fell dramatical because international investors thought that nigeria was going under a military coup while infact it was niger. imagine what will happen when the nation splits.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 11:57pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Shebi the SEasterns are trying to claim the middle belt, and what not?

Why cant some of these MBelters gradually start migrating into SE. They'll be welcomed. no?
Just like the People of Egba.

Where in my post do you see me claiming the Middle Belt? I am simply stating that they need a nation of their own. See I was going to give you a nice compliment about one of your post, but now, I just don't know.

Everyone is welcomed to the South-East. As long as they follow local customs, then there should not be any problem.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by invisible2(m): 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

The killings will stop when the nation is split, do you know how many Yoruba, ijaw, ibo and tiv people that will be killed by this last attack, if they know they are killing their people, they may not be so brutal. They cannot travel to lagos and kill in a divided setting. Policing will be stronger in a split nation, strangers wil leave, those ibo boys in the police will leave (they are afraid now)and housa boys will prevent their brothers.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
☻ajali☺:

It is not Nigeria but the manner how the government of the passt decades has done, respectiely has not done its duty.

Do you want to tell that Jos is representative for whole Nigeria?

The sort of govt we get is based on the architecture of our union and our abberation of federalism. No?
Madam, you are chasing mere symptoms, the real problem is in the nature of the union.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
GAR3TH:

like i said before splitting doesnt solve anything. what do you gain, nothing.

If you want to solve a problem you should go after it, dont Blame, dont avoid, just go straight to the problem and solve it.

nigeria isnt as bad as you all have brain washed yourselves into thinking. its actually and investment heaven, that will turn into an economic power house.  why do you think that international investors are flocking to nigeria. I'm not taking about resource investors like shell, i'm talking about investors like Spar, Kfc, Eko Atlantic, etc. investors that will put money in the peoples pockets and not the government.

If you recall The nigerian stock market fell dramatical because international investors thought that nigeria was going under a military coup while infact it was niger. imagine what will happen when the nation splits.

So to say division is a way to tackle the problem would be ignorant? This is denial.

An investment heaven? If we dont go after the problem as you suggested, I doubt it's investment would survive.

No matter how rich Nigeria becomes, the money will never be trickled down to its people. So why should we care about the investment?
People are dying, politicians are getting richer .
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 12:01am On Dec 27, 2010
deleted
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 12:07am On Dec 27, 2010
@Omongbati:Yes,Ure right I was thrown under the bus, R u happy?! I don't do kiddie games, go find ur playmates elsewhere.Oya, move on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20)

House Speakership: North-East APC Aligns With South-East, Adopts Onyejeocha / Nigeria's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Covers Time Magazine / Fuel Price Hike: Lagos Workers Adopt Shift Operations; Residents Lament Plights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.