Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) (20763 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Is 35 Today(photos) / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

See, things in the south and in the north are not done in the same way or the same manner.

Let me ask you a question. What caused the first religious crisis in Jos in 1993?

I am sure u will never know it!

It was the creation of Jos north LGA. There was once 1 Jos LGA where all parts of Jos and Bukuru were included.
The indigenes of Plateau state then requested for the creation of Federe LGA but IBB rejected it and created Jos north with the hope of a muslim majority there, but it failed. This event lead to an outcry and unrest all over old Plateau state cos everyone was aware of the reason behind this.
This is something everybody knows. Even the Hausa fulani knows. If you ask them, they'll tell you.

Babangida created Jos north in order to give the Hausa fulani settlers a place where they could have a political stake!
Like half of the Christian parts of Jos were pushed into Jos south LGA and merged with Bukuru and hundreds of other villages & rural areas. Why?

In Kaduna state, can u explain why Sabo that was in old Kaduna LGA was pushed into Chikun LGA while Tudunwada that is north of the river was taken into Kaduna south LGA?
Kaduna river is the divider between Kaduna city north & South and it was supposed to be the basis of the division of Old Kaduna LGA into Kaduna north & south LGAs.
How then on Earth, did places in the north of the river fall into Kaduna south LGA? Is that not broad daylight voodoo?

See, when people like us say things like this, no Hausa fulani muslims can ever dare to argue or challenge these things because they know that it is true.
So, as a Southerner, I don't even think I owe you explanation of these things. Cos u will never understand them.

If u must argue, Bring facts from the north to counter these claims of mine, not from the south where religion is not an issue.

If u want to make comparisons btw the South & North, you ask questions like, why do core-northern states have more federal constituencies than southern states on average? Has Kano ever been more populated than Lagos for it to have twice the number of Federal constituencies that Lagos has?
Stop arguing with that guy who have an identity crisis.. Let him continue to be politically correct while Muslims run over him and his people.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Tetrahedron: 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
The church is marching on, the gates of hell cannot prevail!
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
eagleu:

If they could do that in plateau and Kaduna, imagine what has happened to the majority south over the past years.

FYI, Nigeria is the only nation on earth where the population of desert inhabitants like Katsina has been "counted" to be more than say Delta!
Katsina is actually more populated than delta
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eagleu: 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Moderator, front page, please.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Where have I ever claimed that there are no Hausas in the middlebelt? Just that majority of them are settlers.
Why should I count settlers in a situation where I am counting native populations?

Are you aware that Kebbi south right from colonial days was part of Niger province? It was Wuruwuru by the core northerners during state creation that prevented them from being in Niger state.... So u want me to count them as Hausas or what? People who are in their ancestral lands?

There are Igbos and Christian settlers in good numbers all over core-northern cities, do we also count these ones as part and parcel of those states when we are considering indigenous populations?

Take Kano city or any Hausa city for instance, do you know the large population of the muslims there who are not Hausa fulanis?

Do you know that at least 30% of the muslims you see in Kano, Kaduna, Zaria, Jos e.t.c are not Hausa fulani by ethnicity? They are Nupes, Ebiras, Igalas, Auchi (Etsakos), Yorubas, Baribas, Alagos, Kanuris, Buras e.t.c?

Are you aware that a Nupe man and a Bura man have been governors of Kano state? An Ebira man governor of Bauchi?

You cannot be talking of the presence of Hausa settlers in the middlebelt and ignore than of Middlebelt settlers in the Core-north. That is madness.
You dont understand me.i said if you cannot be inflating the number of christians in northern kaduna while downplaying the number of Muslims from northern kaduna who are in southern kaduna.
I know hausas are settlers in niger but as it stands they have been indigenized.am aware that nonhausas have ruled kano and that ex governor of bauchi is ebira.i am a also aware that southern kebbi is christian dominated but there's also a large presence of Muslim indigenes there.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by 9jakool: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
kolaaderin:
It because you have not been to those places. Offa is kwara and Ikirun is Osun, both are at the boundary walkable distance to each other and read my lips, they are 70% Muslim in those two towns.

I don't usually comment too much on religion posts, but I'm going to address some stuff.
Offa is not walkable distance to Ikirun as the two towns while close are separated at least by 30 mins by road. It seems like you don't have a great knowledge on the places you claim to know. Albeit his statistics about Ilorin being 50/50 is wrong, you are also wrong about Offa and Ikirun. If that was the case, it would put both towns on par with Ilorin. For such a repuation that Ilorin gets, it has a significant christian population. I suspect the reason why it gets that reputation is due to a larger presence of ultraconservative muslims compared to the SW. People also forget it's a university city home to Unilorin, one of the largest in Nigeria and not discounting its state capital status.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
Subduer:

Your Generals were there .
They were there when Ebitu Ukiwe spoke up against Nigeria's membership of OIC, & your great WARRIOR GENERALS that CRUSHED Biafra said nothing.
Your lead General received Oil Wells & said nothing until Fulanis started killing his people, then he ran to America to request that Pres Trump come & save them, knowing that Americans won't fight & die to save UNTHINKING NIGGERS.

Zemani Lekwot should be leading this CONVERSATION if it's to be taken serious.

You are very correct. We have very shameless and fooolish leaders and elders.

You see, I have tried to understand the thinking faculty of the way the brains of our predecessors worked.

Our fathers & grandfathers all their lives grew up believing that Arewa was their one and only identity and Hausa fulanis are their closest, infact they were one with Hausa fulanis.

In the televisions they watched, in the radios they listened to, on the papers they read, in the schools they attended, this was what they were taught, told and indoctrinated all their lives.

In such a case, it is very very difficult and almost impossible for them to make a U-turn, to think of leaving that identity for something else.

And to worsen matters, the late Sardauna worked effortlessly towards Arewa unity. He actually tried if I am to be honest.
The Sardauna did not openly discriminate against northern Christians or minorities. If the Sardauna was giving 120 scholarships then, 20 will go to Benue-Plateau area, 20 to Gongola area, 20 to Borno area, 20 to Kogi-Kwara area, 20 to Bauchi area and 20 to Hausa land proper.
Minorities somehow even benefited more and were more influential than Hausa fulanis under the Sardauna.

And so for this reason, many of our elders are products of Sardauna's legacy. Till date, they still feel that they owe him an allegiance.

It is a very complicated issue.

Can you see how anti-Arewa I am?
If you meet my father & grandfather and you hear them talk about Arewa, you will be so shocked to know that I am a product of the loins of these men.

This is what the mentality of People like my father and grandfather looks like.
They know that we are having terrible problems with the Core-northerners today, it pains them, but they feel these are issues that could be resolved.
They feel that 'brothers' always fight to reconcile.
I just don't know how I will put their mentality into writing for you to understand. But I hope you get my point.

We of the present generation only grew up to meet one conflict upon the other with Hausa fulanis, manipulations, oppression e.t.c. That is why the mentality is not the same. We feel no attachment or indebtedness to Arewa, the caliphate, Sardauna or whoever.

10 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
The main reason why the Muslims are more in population is the number of wives they marry. Marry more than 1 wife and give birth like rabbits to have more people to propagate Islam and dominate. Marry at early age.

Take this example.
A Christian and Muslim parents gave birth to a female child. The children both finish primary school and proceed to secondary. At jss3 they started showing signs of maturity. The Muslim parent says their daughter is due for marriage. If she's lucky, they allow her to round up and boom, off she goes.
The Christan parent on the other hand are planning on sending their daughter to further her education. While in school, her childhood friend have given birth. Before she rounds up, her childhood friend have given birth to 2 children. Before she finally settled down, her friend has given birth to 3.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

Stop arguing with that guy who have an identity crisis.. Let him continue to be politically correct while Muslims run over him and his people.

Thank you very much. I don't think I will waste my time arguing with people like Senatordave1.

People with dual identities are as unstable as the wind goes.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Okay, well I am available for the argument, maybe the person who you argued with knows nothing about Christian population in the north. People like us have been in this field for the last 10 years.

Christians are naturally passive people and that is why muslims take us for granted.

Kwangila & Palladan are more like a 50-50. But Samaru, Wusasa & Sabongari are a clear Christian majority.
A place like Wusasa is not even in question. Everyone has always known that Wusasa is like the native Christian part of Zaria.

Yes there are Muslims in these places, but are there no Christians in the heavily muslim parts of Zaria as well?

Look below and see the screenshot of Google maps from a neighborhood in Samaru. Can u see the number of churches there?
While those areas may be christian dominated,churches or religious houses is not a good parameter or determinant to know the religious percentage of an area.they will always be more churches in an area than mosques,you know this.we chtistians will always build as many churches as possible but this doesn't mean it is christian dominated.my village has close to 10 churches but most are pagans
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

Of course, this is Nigeria where a desert is more populated than a coastal region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much. I don't think I will waste my time arguing with people like Senatordave1.

People with dual identities are as unstable as the wind goes.
I rate you very highly,i refrained from insulting you.this is very low.many people are seeing this and your reputation will plummet...better retrace your steps.make your own opinion about a person and do not be influenced unwisely by others.several people have called you names in the past,i ignored them.there's nothing bad in losing an argument....

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

The major population of Nasarawa state is Karu LGA.
Mararaba, nyanya, Masaka down to Auta etc these are mainly Christians of Southern and Middlebelt extractions. Together with the indigenous Christians make up 70% of the state. When Abacha created Nasarawa in 1996 he posted a muslim Military administrator there and made Lafiya the Capital as against Akwanga all due same Islamisation agenda

Thank you very much.
Karu LGA currently has over 1 million people and 90% of the people in Karu are christians.
The influence of the Christian population of Karu has already started affecting Keffi to the extent that Keffi is now something like a 50-50. In the past, Keffi had a clear muslim majority, being an old town that Hausa fulanis settled.

Karu Urban is now 4 times the size of Lafia (the state capital) and Karu LGA alone has like 25% of Nasarawa state's population. So, how come a state like Nasarawa is still having a muslim governor?

Majority of Christians in Karu urban are not indingenes of Nasarawa state, hence most of them do not vote as they feel elections are not their business.
Christians have a stronger voter apathy than Muslims (especially in a place where they feel they are settlers and have no stakes in the govt). But that is not the case with Hausa fulanis.

All of these are some of the reasons why I will fight with the last drop of my blood for a country like Nigeria to be divided and let the chaff be separated from the grains.

People like Hausa fulanis who take elections more serious than education and their well-being have absolutely no business in sharing the same country with Christians.
If we Christians continue to agree with one Nigeria, we are only digging our graves. Separation is our best option.

11 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 8:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

Between akwanga and lafia,which is the largest and most developed as of then? We are talking of religious population of indigenous nasarawa people not settlers.most people in karu as you alleged are Christians.i think nasarawa is 55% christian

As it stands, Nasarawa state is something like 70-75% Christians, because of Karu urban.

Karu Urban has an estimated 2 million people currently and 90% of Karu urban are Christians.

That 55- 60% Christian is what Nasarawa normally is without Karu urban.

Akwanga was more developed than Lafia in the old Plateau state.
I measured Akwanga & Lafia recently and Lafia is just about twice the size of Akwanga now.

You can imagine Lafia being the state capital for 24 years now and it is still less than 50kmĀ². That should tell u what it was like before it was made capital.

Although, Lafia will never grow anymore because of Karu.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much.
Karu LGA currently has over 1 million people and 90% of the people in Karu are christians.
The influence of the Christian population of Karu has already started affecting Keffi to the extent that Keffi is now something like a 50-50. In the past, Keffi had a clear muslim majority, being an old town that Hausa fulanis settled.

Karu Urban is now 4 times the size of Lafia (the state capital) and Karu LGA alone has like 25% of Nasarawa state's population. So, how come a state like Nasarawa is still having a muslim governor?

Majority of Christians in Karu urban are not indingenes of Nasarawa state, hence most of them do not vote as they feel elections are not their business.
Christians have a stronger voter apathy than Muslims (especially in a place where they feel they are settlers and have no stakes in the govt). But that is not the case with Hausa fulanis.

All of these are some of the reasons why I will fight with the last drop of my blood for a country like Nigeria to be divided and let the chaff be separated from the grains.

People like Hausa fulanis who take elections more serious than education and their well-being have absolutely no business in sharing the same country with Christians.
If we Christians continue to agree with one Nigeria, we are only digging our graves. Separation is our best option.
Senatordave1 is happy with the status quo. When election comes, you see them pack their 3 to 4 wives and their children who are mostly uneducated and under age to vote.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
Naajjii:

Alot of Eggon are Pagans, it is in Central Nigeria you find the largest number of traditionalist in Nigeria but the OP always add them as christian to support his false statistic

You are just telling Senatordave1 rubbish.

Yoruba land & Edo state should have the highest number of pagans in Nigeria because almost every Christian or Muslim there goes to Babalawo or has a shrine at the back of their houses.

And FYI, Eggons are 75% Christians. So I don't understand how you say the difference between Eggon Christians and muslims is small.
Among all parts of Eggon land, only in Lafia east are Eggon muslims a majority. Even the Lafia east is like a 50-50.

Nasarawa Eggon LGA is like 90% Christian. Eggons in Kokona, Akwanga, Obi, Doma and almost everywhere else are overwhelmingly christians.

Yes, a huge percentage of Eggons, especially Eggon Christians have not left their traditional religions. However, they mix both together. You cannot call such people pagans cos they still go to church.

They are just like the Jukuns of Taraba & Taroks of Plateau. In the whole of the Northern christian region, only these 3 ethnic groups still hold on to their traditional religions very fiercely and that is why they are among the deadliest ethnic groups in the middlebelt for fulanis.

Almost all others have largely abandoned their traditional religions for Christianity or Islam.

You can hardly find a northern Christian who is a full blown traditionalist, be it Eggon, Tarok or Jukun. They still attend church services. Just that when they are in the church and the masquerades come out, the churches become empty grin

This is not like Yorubaland, Edo or even Delta state where u have full blown traditionalists who have never stepped their foot into a church or mosque since they were born.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
See that rep member from Kano who came to the house to boost of his four or something wives and 24 children. Imagine. Not only him, they are many.
Christians even tried with their population despite their 1 wife policy.

If only senatordave1 knows what Islam teach about population and domination. This is what the northern Muslims are doing. Give birth for the sake of Islam.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
Naajjii:

Muslims are more , most times they count traditionalist as Christians for example in Kogi state there are alot of Igalas who are traditionalist but since they are non muslims people like the OP always include them as Christians, we just discovered that from recent research

Most of these Igala pagans are exposed to Christianity. Check out their children, you will see that all their children go to church.

Igalas are heavily converting to Christianity and this is what everyone knows.

Someone who is a traditionalist and still goes to church, what do you call that person?

7 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Naajjii:

So long as Nigeria remains we will continue to use Oil money to develop Abuja and the north, you cant do anything about that, Sorry.

Yes and very soon, this Nigeria will divide and everyone will answer his father's name.

Abuja's development is to the advantage of Middlebelt people and not Hausa fulanis.

Do you in your wildest dreams think that Hausa fulanis can claim Abuja if this country divides?

Have you forgotten what Gbagyi boys did to Hausa fulanis in Bwari town last year? Unless you are an Ebira, Nupe or Igala, then you are safe, otherwise I pity you if you are from FCT, Nasarawa e.t.c.

When this country divides, we will flush your likes out and send you to go and join Hausa fulanis in the core north.

10 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

You are just telling Senatordave1 rubbish.

Yoruba land & Edo state should have the highest number of pagans in Nigeria because almost every Christian or Muslim there goes to Babalawo or has a shrine at the back of their houses.

And FYI, Eggons are 75% Christians. So I don't understand how you say the difference between Eggon Christians and muslims is small.
Among all parts of Eggon land, only in Lafia east are Eggon muslims a majority. Even the Lafia east is like a 50-50.

Nasarawa Eggon LGA is like 90% Christian. Eggons in Kokona, Akwanga, Obi, Doma and almost everywhere else are overwhelmingly christians.

Yes, a huge percentage of Eggons, especially Eggon Christians have not left their traditional religions. However, they mix both together. You cannot call such people pagans cos they still go to church.

They are just like the Jukuns of Taraba & Taroks of Plateau. In the whole of the Northern christian region, only these 3 ethnic groups still hold on to their traditional religions very fiercely and that is why they are among the deadliest ethnic groups in the middlebelt for fulanis.

Almost all others have largely abandoned their traditional religions for Christianity or Islam.

You can hardly find a northern Christian who is a full blown traditionalist, be it Eggon, Tarok or Jukun. They still attend church services. Just that when they are in the church and the masquerades come out, the churches become empty grin

This is not like Yorubaland, Edo or even Delta state where u have full blown traditionalists who have never stepped their foot into a church or mosque since they were born.
The Igalas don't joke with fulanis too. Take these imported religion too serious especially Islam and watch the fulanis over run your land.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Most of these Igala pagans are exposed to Christianity. Check out their children, you will see that all their children go to church.

Igalas are heavily converting to Christianity and this is what everyone knows.

Someone who is a traditionalist and still goes to church, what do you call that person?
I'm an Igala and what you said is true.
The only thing still helping Islam is the "more than 1 wife and early marriage". Give birth for the sake of Islam to dominate the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eagleu: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

You are very correct. We have very shameless and fooolish leaders and elders.

You see, I have tried to understand the thinking faculty of the way the brains of our predecessors worked.

Our fathers & grandfathers all their lives grew up believing that Arewa was their one and only identity and Hausa fulanis are their closest, infact they were one with Hausa fulanis.

In the televisions they watched, in the radios they listened to, on the papers they read, in the schools they attended, this was what they were taught, told and indoctrinated all their lives.

In such a case, it is very very difficult and almost impossible for them to make a U-turn, to think of leaving that identity for something else.

And to worsen matters, the late Sardauna worked effortlessly towards Arewa unity. He actually tried if I am to be honest.
The Sardauna did not openly discriminate against northern Christians or minorities. If the Sardauna was giving 120 scholarships then, 20 will go to Benue-Plateau area, 20 to Gongola area, 20 to Borno area, 20 to Kogi-Kwara area, 20 to Bauchi area and 20 to Hausa land proper.
Minorities somehow even benefited more and were more influential than Hausa fulanis under the Sardauna.

And so for this reason, many of our elders are products of Sardauna's legacy. Till date, they still feel that they owe him an allegiance.

It is a very complicated issue.

Can you see how anti-Arewa I am?
If you meet my father & grandfather and you hear them talk about Arewa, you will be so shocked to know that I am a product of the loins of these men.

This is what the mentality of People like my father and grandfather looks like.
They know that we are having terrible problems with the Core-northerners today, it pains them, but they feel these are issues that could be resolved.
They feel that 'brothers' always fight to reconcile.
I just don't know how I will put their mentality into writing for you to understand. But I hope you get my point.

We of the present generation only grew up to meet one conflict upon the other with Hausa fulanis, manipulations, oppression e.t.c. That is why the mentality is not the same. We feel no attachment or indebtedness to Arewa, the caliphate, Sardauna or whoever.

Well educated and informed!

Sarduana's legacy or trick holding the north together while the west lost midwest, and the east lost Rivers/Cross rivers is noted.

His atrocities towards the middle belt minorities has also been swept under the carpet by his followers.
Col. Anuforo lost his life disobeying Sarduana's orders to mowed down protesting Tiv/Idoma people, because they were mostly Christians.

How did Tiv/Idoma repay Igbos during and after the war?

7 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eagleu: 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

I'm an Igala and what you said is true.
The only thing still helping Islam is the "more than 1 wife and early marriage". Give birth for the sake of Islam to dominate the world.

While polygamy is accepted in Islam, it is not the main reason for high population count among muslims. Fraud is the main reason.

When a scientific and non political census is carried out in , Nigeria, you will be surprised.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
9jakool:

I don't usually comment too much on religion posts, but I'm going to address some stuff.
Offa is not walkable distance to Ikirun as the two towns while close are separated at least by 30 mins by road. It seems like you don't have a great knowledge on the places you claim to know. Albeit his statistics about Ilorin being 50/50 is wrong, you are also wrong about Offa and Ikirun. If that was the case, it would put both towns on par with Ilorin. For such a repuation that Ilorin gets, it has a significant christian population. I suspect the reason why it gets that reputation is due to a larger presence of ultraconservative muslims compared to the SW. People also forget it's a university city home to Unilorin, one of the largest in Nigeria and not discounting its state capital status.

Thank you for your contribution.
You know I always admired your knowledge on demography and anthropology smiley

Sorry if I am asking u a question against your ethics, but please in your own opinion, I want you to estimate the religious percentage of Ilorin, Kwara south and Kwara state as a whole.

I have been to many towns and parts of Kwara. And from my estimates, Kwara state is like 60% Muslim and 40% Christian, while Kwara south is like 60% Christian to me.

I said Ilorin is either 50-50 or at least 60% muslim ..... Do you believe muslims are more than 60% in Ilorin?

I moved round Ilorin and I could see that the old city center was overwhelmingly muslim, however the Eastern half of the city (where you have Unilorin) had all it's suburbs either Christian dominated or a sort of 50-50. Same with the Southwestern half of the city (i.e the suburbs south of the old city).

Google maps also confirmed my observation!

So, I'd like to get your opinion.

For Offa, I agree that Offa is muslim majority, but I think it is like 60%. You said Kolaaderin was not saying the truth about Offa, so what then is it in your opinion?

Offa is an Ibolo town and from my observation, majority of Ibolo people are muslims, but it is like a 60-40, while Igbomina people are the exact opposite of Ibolo people in my opinion, they are like 60% Christian and 40% muslim from my observation. While the Ekiti speaking people in Kwara south are almost entirely Christian, like 90%.

I would like to see your opinion on the religious breakdown of Kwara based on towns, ethnic & subethnic groups & senatorial district.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
The Igalas by religion.

Christian dominated LG.
Olamaboro 60 percent Christians, 20 percent traditionalist.
Omala 70 percent Christians, 10 traditionalist.
Igalamela 50 percent Christians, 10 percent traditionalist.
Idah 45 percent Christians, 10 traditionalist.
Ofu, 55 percent Christians
Ibaji, 89 percent Christians, 10 percent traditionalist.
Ankpa 50 percent Christians
Dekina, 50 percent Christians

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Christians couldn't see or notice these things then in the past, cos they still trusted the muslims with their hearts and saw everybody as one...
Anyway you are very correct. Middlebelt generals were the biggest foools in Nigeria. Many of them have realized their mistakes and began to retrace their steps except for that old idiiot called Yakubu Gowon.
I pray God keeps him longer to see how his one Nigeria will eventually end in shambles and he dies a shameful death.
Finally met my alter-ego....!
My ideological and intellectual mate ..!
You are doing a great job here sir.....!
Well done Brother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
OneDollarSalary:
The Igalas by religion.

Christian dominated LG.
Olamaboro 60 percent Christians, 20 percent traditionalist.
Omala 70 percent Christians, 10 traditionalist.
Igalamela 50 percent Christians, 10 percent traditionalist.
Idah 45 percent Christians, 10 traditionalist.
Ofu, 55 percent Christians
Ibaji, 89 percent Christians, 10 percent traditionalist.
Ankpa 50 percent Christians
Dekina, 50 percent Christians
Yet only your muslim bothers can rule Kogi
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 12:03am On Apr 04, 2020
Nowenuse:

Yes and very soon, this Nigeria will divide and everyone will answer his father's name.

Abuja's development is to the advantage of Middlebelt people and not Hausa fulanis.

Do you in your wildest dreams think that Hausa fulanis can claim Abuja if this country divides?

Have you forgotten what Gbagyi boys did to Hausa fulanis in Bwari town last year? Unless you are an Ebira, Nupe or Igala, then you are safe, otherwise I pity you ifl you are from FCT, Nasarawa e.t.c.

When this country divides, we will flush your likes out and send you to go and join Hausa fulanis in the core north.
Ha ha look at this nyamiri why do you have exception of EBIRA, Nupe and Igala, dont you know that majority of these tribes are muslims which you have been attacking. You people are just dreaming, it is the muslims in your so called middlebelt that will finish you if you try any shit, hausa fulani will be on standby. Why are you ashamed of your Identity, why dont you come out fully as an Igbo man, why hidding under middlebelt. Most people here dont know you but i know you very well.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by naijaking1: 2:42am On Apr 04, 2020
senatordave1:

Just like Kano is more populated than Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by TooMuchStuff: 5:48am On Apr 04, 2020
Naajjii:

Ha ha look at this nyamiri why do you have exception of EBIRA, Nupe and Igala, dont you know that majority of these tribes are muslims which you have been attacking. You people are just dreaming, it is the muslims in your so called middlebelt that will finish you if you try any shit, hausa fulani will be on standby. Why are you ashamed of your Identity, why dont you come out fully as an Igbo man, why hidding under middlebelt. Most people here dont know you but i know you very well.

It's a shame that all you ever know is killing and force of coercion as against democratic norms as practice worldwide. The bolded above brings out the Fulani-beast of violence in you.
What makes you think the Igbos are your only enemies in Nigeria? The OP is middlebelt for real

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by dokiOloye(m): 6:29am On Apr 04, 2020
Nowenuse:

Christians couldn't see or notice these things then in the past, cos they still trusted the muslims with their hearts and saw everybody as one...
Anyway you are very correct. Middlebelt generals were the biggest foools in Nigeria. Many of them have realized their mistakes and began to retrace their steps except for that old idiiot called Yakubu Gowon.
I pray God keeps him longer to see how his one Nigeria will eventually end in shambles and he dies a shameful death.
lolz.
I shudder at the way Gowon still talks.
Even peeps like IBB,Abdulsalam who are muslim and not even much on d receiving end know things aren't right and would rather keep quiet but Gowon still speaks as if he is in support of his oppressors

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by dokiOloye(m): 6:31am On Apr 04, 2020
Naajjii:

Ha Ha he is mad with Gowon, mr man Yakubu Gowon was not the reason why you guys suffered in the civil, go and tell that to your leader Ojukwu who blindly led you to a war. All of you from the East hate Gowon but he did his best for Nigeria.
Lolz.
Everybody who speaks against evil is automatically Igbo to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abdulkadir Mohammed: We Accept PDP's Defeat With Dignity, Sportsmanship / Burial Poster Of Soldier Lt Dashe Killed By Boko Haram (photo) / Buhari Mourns Late Aisha Lemu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.