Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,915 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire (86780 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Dead; Commits Suicide During ISWAP Attack - Eons Intelligence / Abubakar Shekau Condemns Kano Death Sentence Of Yahaya Sherif Aminu / Abubakar Shekau Before Boko Haram As Rare Video Of Him Lecturing Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Chuzoetoh(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
Went to Biu last month n my people I must confess, the damages done in Borno state will never heal in million years... They've really destroyed the soul of DAT state, Borno is just like a ghost town thanks to the activities of B.H... I detest Buhari but in reality, Nigerian Army dey try, to be able to contain the insurgency in just villages in Borno state is a tremendous effort. If you go to Borno state one thing you will notice is DAT is a very very large mass of land with porous borders n lots of forests, mehn it's not easy... Don't stay in ur house n conclude things you don't really know. I base in Yelmatu- Deba, Gombe state. I went to Biu DAT was close n I really confirmed a lot of tins.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Aflix(m): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
He should just surrender so that he can be flown abroad for education just like his colleagues

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Segunlords(m): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
I smell something...

L
I
E

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by KingRabota: 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wash
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
Shekau should be caught Dead or Alive. I disagree with Buratai insisting he should be caught alive.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by CoronaVirusPro: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
you no get sense I swear! Zombie comot here osiso!

Shidren of hate
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by FasasiAkeem(m): 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
We have Heard this before
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Chuzoetoh(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Shidren of hate
shildren of foolishness
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by omo1478(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/shekau-boko-haram-commanders-reaching-out-to-mediators-for-a-ceasefire/
Why won't he surrender. His master has already gotten his second tenure. Let's clap for NA.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by luluman: 10:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Racoon:
grin Buratai just entered Borno & Shekau's BH wants to surrender? The same Shekau they are granting his foot soldiers amnesty? Abeg the Nigerian govt & army should keep this propaganda to themselves.
Enemy of Nigeria spoted.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by dboss12(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
paid article by Nigeria army, keep fooling yourselves.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by beejay85: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/shekau-boko-haram-commanders-reaching-out-to-mediators-for-a-ceasefire/
Shekau's ATMs from Abuja "have been temporarily unable to dispense Cash"...
So he seem left high and dry....my Bobo kuku wan use him tongue to count him teeth.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Square2020(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
I really need some sleep..am tired of boko boys and their stories

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
This is a ploy. I suspect the Senator pushing for amnesty for Boko Haram members. That senator should be grilled
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by obazie(m): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
Propaganda...too hard to believe...who even made this post?
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by dboo442: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Men can't be God if not blood 4 flow now for this cooked up story,nairalands abeg make una no vex oh why is the family of lia mohammed like forestrating theirselves with cheap propaganda,i reserved my comment for now.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by EnaibeSam: 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
“The Chief of Army Staff has given an order that Abubakar Shekau is captured alive"

So that he can be granted amnesty
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by zudozz: 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
They should fvcking smoke this magort without any further delay!
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Farki: 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
rusher14:

Stability in Nigeria could cause stability across most of west Africa.

A wave of peace in one country could lead to a wave of regional peace which could work against imperial agenda.

Again, I ask you carry out your own research and why they have always been fingered.

Why is Covid-19, a time in which one would expect extremists especially those with suicidal fantasies suddenly a time in which they seek peace?

I have carried out my research and all I found are spurious claims and predictions which have been contradicted by current events. I usually notice when someone makes a claim with nothing to back it up they tell others to 'do their own research' rather than providing evidence for that claim themselves.

This paper

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/politics-and-religion/article/untold-story-of-boko-haram-insurgency-the-lake-chad-oil-and-gas-connection/79E48CDC869C9A8A9DA4989C50B58A1A&ved=2ahUKEwjvyeS8tPDoAhUZ6OAKHasUDO0QFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw1SjiE2_mT_rMynYXj9XDHx

Claims that Chad is supporting Boko Haram or reluctant to attack because of fear of retaliation yet they have been killing scores of Boko Haram insurgents and taking back captured territory in recent months. Nigeria on the other hand has had Generals on video begging for weapons and support.

Compared to the horn of Africa, Iraq and Syria West Africa is stable. There have been major conflicts not involving Islamic terrorism. Other conflicts were quickly resolved. Before COVID-19 and Buhari's border closure you could travel from Nigeria to Liberia and most likely end up in one piece. Most of West Africa's problems are because of corruption, illiteracy and reliance on exporting resources.

It's like you are forgetting that Chad has been seriously battering Boko Haram recently coupled with a global lockdown it will be difficult for Boko Haram sponsors to supply arms and food as every border crossing is looked at more seriously than before. Islamist organisations don't commit suicide attacks for fun, similar to Japanese kamikaze pilots they have been brainwashed to see their deaths as a worthy sacrifice for the establishment of a caliphate. With increasing pressure and dwindling supplies dying without making any progress would be seen as a pointless endeavour.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by femmy2010(m): 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
Racoon:
grin Buratai just entered Borno & Shekau's BH wants to surrender? The same Shekau they are granting his foot soldiers amnesty? Abeg the Nigerian govt & army should keep this propaganda to themselves.

Someone makes a patriotic post about supporting the country, you get angry.

Someone makes a post about supporting the president, you get angry.

Someone makes a post supporting the Nigeria army, you get angry.

Someone makes a post supporting NCDC, you get angry.

Someone makes a sarcastic post that is suppose to elicite laughter, you still get angry.

If it is a curse that you must get angry at everything, especially the good happenings in life.

My brother/sister, let that curse end with this Covid-19 pandemic.

Can somebody shout HALLELUJAH!

~ Omesa Emmanuel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Sultty(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
If this is not Audio then what are there waiting for? no need to mediate. For crying out loud what he and his followers need is a coffin, 6 foot under straight no time
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Uwavee(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
that source of theirs is a lier. for how long will this people continue to lie to us. they should catch him first and show him to Nigerians before we will believe
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by rusher14: 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
Farki:

I have carried out my research and all I found are spurious claims and predictions which have been contradicted by current events. I usually notice when someone makes a claim with nothing to back it up they tell others to 'do their own research' rather than providing evidence for that claim themselves.

This paper

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/politics-and-religion/article/untold-story-of-boko-haram-insurgency-the-lake-chad-oil-and-gas-connection/79E48CDC869C9A8A9DA4989C50B58A1A&ved=2ahUKEwjvyeS8tPDoAhUZ6OAKHasUDO0QFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw1SjiE2_mT_rMynYXj9XDHx

Claims that Chad is supporting Boko Haram or reluctant to attack because of fear of retaliation yet they have been killing scores of Boko Haram insurgents and taking back captured territory in recent months. Nigeria on the other hand has had Generals on video begging for weapons and support.

Compared to the horn of Africa, Iraq and Syria West Africa is stable. There have been major conflicts not involving Islamic terrorism. Other conflicts were quickly resolved. Before COVID-19 and Buhari's border closure you could travel from Nigeria to Liberia and most likely end up in one piece. Most of West Africa's problems are because of corruption, illiteracy and reliance on exporting resources.

It's like you are forgetting that Chad has been seriously battering Boko Haram recently coupled with a global lockdown it will be difficult for Boko Haram sponsors to supply arms and food as every border crossing is looked at more seriously than before. Islamist organisations don't commit suicide attacks for fun, similar to Japanese kamikaze pilots they have been brainwashed to see their deaths as a worthy sacrifice for the establishment of a caliphate. With increasing pressure and dwindling supplies dying without making any progress would be seen as a pointless endeavour.

The difference between myself and various other contributors is that I never claim to be certain of this matter.

In any case: you can read the following petition as circumstantial as it seems.

https://www.change.org/p/council-of-the-european-union-against-the-role-of-some-countries-in-aiding-and-abetting-boko-haram-terrorism-in-nigeria

I'm looking for the guardian UK's piece on this angle from a few years ago.

It was that article that focused my attention to this angle.

Again, I am not saying with certainty but I do not buy the angle that they are truly extremists.

Money and survival are the topmost reasons why conflict exist and I'll stick with that for now.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Walikanga: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Shidren of hate
[/s]
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
So Shekau even has the status and clout to ask for ceasefire?

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by Farki: 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
rusher14:

The difference between myself and various other contributors is that I never claim to be certain of this matter.

In any case: you can read the following petition as circumstantial as it seems.

https://www.change.org/p/council-of-the-european-union-against-the-role-of-some-countries-in-aiding-and-abetting-boko-haram-terrorism-in-nigeria

I'm looking for the guardian UK's piece on this angle from a few years ago.

It was that article that focused my attention to this angle.

Again, I am not saying with certainty but I do not buy the angle that they are truly extremists.

Money and survival are the topmost reasons why conflict exist and I'll stick with that for now.

I am leaning more towards them being extremists because from their origins till date nothing in their behaviour has suggested otherwise.

If there was more US involvement in fighting Boko Haram I would be more inclined to agree with you, since they have a history of prolonging conflicts to sell weapons and sponsoring terrorism yet they have barely shown any presence in the fight.

The link to France in my opinion is too weak, there is definitely a foreign influence within Boko Haram but not I'm not sure about France specifically.

We might never know the truth for years after this conflict is over.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by LZAA: 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
What stupid amnesty
Wipe all the cows out
Cc immhotep itooworwor blackking98 iceberg3 Afamed helinues

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by THONYWHYTE001: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
The Chief of Army Staff has given an order that Abubakar Shekau is captured alive.

I stopped reading the script when I saw the above line... Some thing is not in place.. If you know you know.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by ItooWorWor(m): 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
LZAA:
What stupid amnesty Wipe all the cows out Cc immhotep itooworwor blackking98 iceberg3 Afamed helinues
It's an audio ceasefire grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by MrSquint: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
An attack on boko haram is an attack on the North, you know they're their children. They're needed in Nig military afterall

Chad will help in killing the almajiri bastard and sock his corps in acid. Surrender kill you there.

Nonse
Re: Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire by israelmao(m): 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
This must be an organized meditation between Boko Haram and their sponsors if there is any of such at all.Chadian soldiers boldly delved heavy blow at Boko Haram while some traitors are seeking negotiation ground with them in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MC Tagwaye And His Twin Brother At APC Convention With DSS Operatives (Photos) / The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) / Oyigbo Massacre: Disturbing Photos And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.