Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,422 members, 7,853,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death (60552 Views)

Abba Kyari's Death: Femi Fani-Kayode Calls The Presidency / Abba Kyari's Death: Femi Fani-Kayode Mourns With A Tribute / Abba Kyari's Death: Obaseki, Keyamo, Dino Melaye, Others React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by cerpvad(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mallam Abba Kyari has paid his own debt. Sooner or later, every one of us will pay ours too.

RIP Abba Kyari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by mvem(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
Akunwafor:

When a purely wicked person dies or a brutal dictator passes away, you will not only gloat, you will throw a big party.
so tell me what did Kyari do?..tell me his crimes because he is just a chief staff(His work which he did ) he is not the President, minister of power or defense chief or whoever

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by kem370: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by DelTel(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Abba Kyari was in his 80s

The late Abba Kyari, Chief of Staff to Buhari wasn't in his 80s.

Apparently there has been a mix-up about Abba Kyari ex-army chief & gov of Northern central; Abba Kyari CoS; (another) Abba Kyari is doing excellently well in the police & youngest DCP ever in Nigeria.

A distinguished Abba Kyari, ex-Brigadier of Nigerian Army and Gov at a point in time, was born 1938 & died 2018.

This University of Cambridge and Harvard trained lawyer Abba Kyari CoS was born 1952, meaning he died aged 67yrs.

Yes, Wikipedia puts the info there but it is strange both persons with same name are born same day and month in 1938. Buhari looks much older than Kyari Chief of Staff so if Kyari is 82yrs, then Buhari is over 90yrs alongside OBJ, Babangida, Danjuma.

PS: Buhari finally put it to rest, Kyari was 67years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by sapele914(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
slimfit1:
Someone said "he laid down his life to make Nigeria better". Please avoid unnecessary pleasantries that would cause insult to the dead. If he actually did anything we will know through the economy thank you.
Kyari, or President Buhari, cannot change the life, of someone that positioned himself for failure, think out the box, and work intellectually, critically plotting a rise to success & stardom from mediocrity,Charity they say begins at home, we should look internally at your nucleus family for your failures as a citizen of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. Micah 7, verse 6 asserts a man’s real enemies are members of his household.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by mvem(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
EVILFOREST:
.... a GREAT GRANDMA FATHER as Chief of Staff.
People don Finish..??
Bernie Sanders wey dey run for US president is almost 80...Trump 70+, Hillary Clinton 70+, Joe Biden 70+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by sapele914(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
mvem:
so tell me what did Kyari did?..tell me his crimes because he is just a chief staff(His work which he did ) he is not the President, minister of power or defense chief or whoever
Dont take heed to some mindless children, blaming a helpless man for their own shortcomings, someone in Eleme, will blame Kyari for Wike not fixing the local primary schools.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by SolarEdge: 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
truthfulparrot:
Abba Kyari was an exceptional technocrats with verifiable record of service. He was the intellectual backbone of Buhari's government.
There's nothing intellectual about this government. Except you're speaking ironically.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by mvem(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
DelTel:

The late Abba Kyari, Chief of Staff to Buhari wasn't in his 80s.

Apparently there has been a mix-up about Abba Kyari ex-army chief & gov of Northern central; Abba Kyari CoS; (another) Abba Kyari is doing excellently well in the police & youngest DCP ever in Nigeria.

A distinguished Abba Kyari, ex-Brigadier of Nigerian Army and Gov at a point in time, was born 1938 & died 2018.

This University of Cambridge and Harvard trained lawyer Abba Kyari CoS was born 1952, meaning he died aged 67yrs.

Abba Kyari is a popular name among kanuris in Borno and is true there are many Abba Kyari which is confusing....but this one can't be just 67, looks early 70s if they ask me but 80s it's over... Civil servants in Nigeria are known to reduce their age so he might be up to 70 but this is assumptions
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by shaggy007(m): 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
slimfit1:
Someone said "he laid down his life to make Nigeria better". Please avoid unnecessary pleasantries that would cause insult to the dead. If he actually did anything we will know through the economy thank you.

Brother, that's a true statement.

He laid down his life to make Nigeria better.

Now he's dead, Nigeria will be better again.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by kem487: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by Vulcanheph(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
maxzzo1:
Wait is Abba kyari 81 then how old is Buhari? Real age o not football age?

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Waiting for Fayose
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by sapele914(m): 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
mvem:
Abba Kyari is a popular name among kanuris in Borno and is true there are many Abba Kyari which is confusing....but this one can't be just 67, looks early 70s if they ask me but 80s it's over... Civil servants in Nigeria are known to reduce their age so he might be up to 70 but this is assumptions
Someone that graduated from Cambridge University in 1980 be 81? The Late Super Technocrat is Femi Fani Kayode’s classmate.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by jaxxy(m): 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
mrNEMZY:
My own reaction :

I show no sympathy nor do I need to share any form of condolence to one of the people whom have been in the positions to make this country better, but have continuously placed the country in a detoriatory state for selfish gains.
A lot of people have been in one way or the other adversely affected by decisions, some might have died but they didn't get any condolence from them either.
We would all die one day, I inclusive, but in death I want to leave a legacy, not of climbing to the highest political post, but of really helping the lives of those I could touch.

I still maintain no sympathy for them because it would be highly hypocritical.

Nonsense

In this case all the people in the previous government(s) deserve no sympathy also. Abba kyari or Buhari arent the sole destroyers of Nigeria. Even sm private and ordinary citizens will have theirs if we look at it critically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by daddytime(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Gracealone:

There's been conflicting reports on his actual age.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by sapele914(m): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
SolarEdge:

There's nothing intellectual about this government. Except you're speaking ironically.
If you had one tenth of their qualities, you would have had a position in your Local Government, The Alhaji ‘s resume is Wall Street standard, may his soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by DelTel(m): 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
mvem:

You right, you only got it wrong when you put it out like only civil servants reduced their age, it is even worse in private sector if you know you know. Most people have even forgetting their correct Date of Birth! Do a survey of people around you and you will be shocked.

Also Kyari was not much of a civil servants, he worked more in the private sector than public.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by kem8520: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by Vulcanheph(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
Quelme:
UNDERSTANDING WHY NIGERIANS REACTED TO THE DEATH OF ABBA KYARI THE WAY THEY DID.
On the surface, it will appear rather odd to see the average Nigerians jubilating on the death of a top government official, especially given the cause of his death. But on a deeper reflection, you see in what is going on the contradictions that make up Nigeria.

The people see the government officials as oppressors. They hold them responsible for the injustice, hardship and suffering they endure in their daily lives. The people do not see the government as something that exists for their wellbeing, but rather for their oppression, exploitation and enslavement.

Perceiving government officials as the enemies of the people, the death of any of the officials is logically perceived as the death of an enemy. It is natural to celebrate the death of one's enemy.
But all this occur in a symbolic framework. Abba Kyari symbolized government, which symbolized oppression. Most people did not met Abba Kyari in person. In fact, he might have been a good man to his family and friends. But that's not the issue. He represented the evil known as Nigerian Government.

I was taken aback by the fact that the nature of death would have made people feel somber, given that the entire world has fallen victim to the rampaging virus. But why should the people pay any special attention to the virus as cause of Abba Kyari's death? The government officials never felt humbled by Coronavirus. They used the pandemic as excuse to steal money meant for relief to the suffering masses affected by the containment measure against the virus. Also, there was a touch of irony to the fate of Abba Kyari. If only the government he was part of had invested in improving Nigeria's healthcare, he might have lived. He died a victim of the negligence he meant for others.
It is sad, but totally understandable that Nigerians would rejoice at the death of a top government official.
On the other side of the coin, you see the Nigerian society for what it really is - a people bitter and malicious out of years of injustice and oppression. The average Nigerian person is angry, vicious and vindictive. Regardless of what turned him or her into such a bundle of malice, and no matter the justification, it is a difficult experience to manage a Nigerian society. Indeed, both the officials and the people are now equally balanced in malice and it no longer makes any difference which side caused the other or which side is the effect of the other.
The big question is whether the proper lessons have been learned from Abba Kyari's death and the reactions thereto.

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
minasota:

This one no be corpose, na bush meat
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by adekolaelect(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
stephleena:

I don't want to believe you're blind.. but nothing is actually impossible with you BMC's.

Do I have to remind you of the falling out of NSA boss, Monguno? all because of Kyari being power drunk and acting in a capacity that isn't Constitutionally his?

why should Kyari give orders and directives to service chiefs,when it isn't his to give?

his bad advises and more,makes Nigeria bleeds.
were your there when the instructions was given? Are you among their cabinets? Were they the (cabinet )complained to you? Even if so are you telling us( you of no any good positions )all your directive at work /home governance is all in right direction without negative impact to receivers? Use your sense you can't please all.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by sapele914(m): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
jaxxy:

In this case all the people in the previous government(s) deserve no sympathy also. Abba kyari or Buhari arent the sole destroyers of Nigeria. Even sm private and ordinary citizens will have theirs if we look at it critically.
Jonathan said he deregulated and privatized the electricity sector, and the shameless ex president has 2 Mikano Generators working 24 hrs in his otueko residence, No electricity anywhere in the Niger Delta from Edo State to Qoe Iboe.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by mrNEMZY(m): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2020
jaxxy:

Yes, anyone that robs the nation, deserves no sympathy from us, even if he is my father.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by tatatar: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
mrNEMZY:
My own reaction :

I show no sympathy nor do I need to share any form of condolence to one of the people whom have been in the positions to make this country better, but have continuously placed the country in a detoriatory state for selfish gains.
A lot of people have been in one way or the other adversely affected by decisions, some might have died but they didn't get any condolence from them either.
We would all die one day, I inclusive, but in death I want to leave a legacy, not of climbing to the highest political post, but of really helping the lives of those I could touch.

Nonsense
You have no sympathy simply because you're evil and have no brain!
It's a secretary that would have turned your country to a Dubai overnight right?
Or what makes you think he was selfish and did not actually do the little he possibly could?
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by Ezmans: 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
daddytime:
Oya, Reno carry phone call Bubu jare, I know say you be pastor wey no dey carry person for mind.

Na which kind cynicsm Reno come dey na, how Abba take be 80+?
two old grand fathers ruling a whole nigeria
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by sapele914(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
mrNEMZY:

Yes, anyone that rubs the nation, deserves no sympathy from us, even if he is my father.
To you everyone that rubs the The Republic needs no sympathy including your father, but not anyone that robs the nation, the proper use of English is very important in grammar, it could lead to fortune or ruin. Hypocrisy can only fool who wants to be fooled.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by jaxxy(m): 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
mrNEMZY:

Yes, anyone that rubs the nation, deserves no sympathy from us, even if he is my father.

Well let's be human
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
mrNEMZY:
My own reaction :

Nonsense

God bless you. I can't wish the wicked any peace.

All the fools wishing him heaven upon heaven may you all remain what abba kyari and his fulani brothers wish you to be.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by sapele914(m): 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ezmans:
two old grand fathers ruling a whole nigeria
Donald Trump 73, Joseph Biden 75, Bernie Sanders 76, we copied our democracy from guess who? The United States of America, if it is good for yankee, it is good for Nigeria, what is good for the goose, is good for the gander.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death by mrNEMZY(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
sapele914:
To you everyone that rubs the The Republic needs no sympathy including your father, but not anyone that robs the nation, the proper use of English is very important in grammar, it could lead to fortune or ruin. Hypocrisy can only fool who wants to be fooled.

It you don't know that the 'rubs' was a mistake, then I can't argue with the gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? / So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? / PDP Senatorial Campaign Rally In Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.