Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? (1426 Views)

My Boyfriend Of 1 Week Asked Me To Address Him As “Lord" - Lady / Why Are Muslims Girls Built Differently. / He'll Look At You Differently If You Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 7:56am On Apr 19, 2020
This stay-at-home lockdown order will end when the government resorts to a compulsory house to house testing, Else we are just warming up for the main stay-at-home lockdown.

What the government must do to salvage the situation

Let there be a total lockdown and no movement withing roads and markets. No vehicular movements too. Restrict essential supplies to only street shops designated by government with constant supply and assigned to credible operatives who will render these commodities free and exclusively to only residents in that street.

How that can be achieved without barriers

1. Security Operatives: SARS or The Nigerian Army, should be on stand-by alert 24/7, until the end of the lockdown. Their function is to safeguard the government operatives that has been assigned with the task of distributing these food and health items —as well as any security threats withing the area.

2. prior data capturing of residents withing a street: These government operatives that will be assigned with the task should be provided with KYC details. And the way to go about that is to use a mobile phone code option that allows resident to register using USSD codes or numbers to send their names and the name of the street where they reside.

These operatives will then be saddled with these information which will then be followed up with a valid means of I.D by residents at the time of sharing or distributing these essential food or health items or materials.

A toll-free number should be made available to street residents for easy access to these operatives. And these shops should get constant supplies from time to time until the lockdown is over.

one more thing !

The government should ensure at least 12hrs power supply, daily.

When this has been addressed then the House to house testing exercise can take place simultaneously.

what we can achieve with this

1. Everyone will be compelled to be in their houses.
2. Residents dont necessarily have to spend on food items or essential health materials.
3.There will be no security threats by hoodlums.
4. The government can now identify both symptomatic or COVID-19 patients.

Easy as ABC

An Exclusive Masterpiece from CHENZEN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 8:08am On Apr 19, 2020
share this piece of sense to the Nigerian government, they need to wake up. This is a multi-million naira sense
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by Ejenavi18(f): 8:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Alright
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DEIFIED(m): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Has Nigeria government ever been strategic?
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DanseMacabre(m): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2020
Very good suggestions OP. But I can assure you this can only work in really urban communities.

Imagine how Kano's rate of infection ia increasing exponentially even with the limited amount of tests being carried out.

Anyone who knows Kano well knows that achieving house-to-house testing, complete with your suggestions on social safety nets, would be a Herculean task.

Such a scenario would be extremely difficult to undertake in Kawo, for instance, out of many others.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by Dogalmighty17: 8:27am On Apr 19, 2020
In Nigeria? Keep dreaming.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 8:43am On Apr 19, 2020
Dogalmighty17:
In Nigeria? Keep dreaming.
This will work 100%
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 8:44am On Apr 19, 2020
I ve presented that idea to the Lagos state government. I hope they respond.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Very good suggestions OP. But I can assure you this can only work in really urban communities.

Imagine how Kano's rate of infection ia increasing exponentially even with the limited amount of tests being carried out.

Anyone who knows Kano well knows that achieving house-to-house testing, complete with your suggestions on social safety nets, would be a Herculean task.

Such a scenario would be extremely difficult to undertake in Kawo, for instance, out of many others.
it's easy, very very easy... u dont necessarily need to go to them, they come to you when they are hungry... and when they do you give them some food after testing. Shekinah !!!

Any more questiongrin
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DriggityDre: 9:29am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
I ve presented that idea to the Lagos state government. I hope they respond.
Dude, hunger is the issue of most Nigerians now.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2020
DriggityDre:

Dude, hunger is the issue of most Nigerians now.
I addressed the issue of hunger in the thread. If the goverment can follow my instructions, we ll come out of this quickly and we ll all be fine.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by Bigdanns(m): 9:39am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
it's easy, very very easy... u dont necessarily need to go to them, they come to you when they are hungry... and when they do you give them some food after testing. Shekinah !!!

Any more questiongrin
Hunger is worst than COVID they must be vulnerable
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 9:41am On Apr 19, 2020
Bigdanns:

Hunger is worst than COVID they must be vulnerable
sure. I am 100% sure of this idea. U guys should push it until it gets to the government. It is clear that the measures they've adopted isn't working.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 9:46am On Apr 19, 2020
I want NAIRALANDERS to counter the OP's suggestion or spot the gaps in the idea.

So far I am sure that is the ultimate plan.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DriggityDre: 9:57am On Apr 19, 2020
Your plan is great MadeINchenzen2.
But is the plan full-proof even to the "corruption" factor? Because that is a major problem.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:05am On Apr 19, 2020
DriggityDre:
Your plan is great MadeINchenzen2.
But is the plan full-proof even to the "corruption" factor? Because that is a major problem.
Yes it is.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DriggityDre: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
Yes it is.
Attitude to work. That is another issue with Nigerian workers. But that is somewhat inevitable. As far as the pay is good, I see no reason for them not to do their jobs properly.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
DriggityDre:

Attitude to work. That is another issue with Nigerian workers. But that is somewhat inevitable. As far as the pay is good, I see no reason for them not to do their jobs properly.
Residents will of course publicize their experiences to the notice of the general public, whether good, average or bad, which will as well get to the desk of the government to react upon.

Theres no way a terrible or corrupt government worker can shut the people from talking... there s always a feedback to follow their experiences. You can be sure of that !
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DriggityDre: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
Residents will of course publicize their experiences to the notice of the general public, whether good, average or bad, which will as well get to the desk of the government to react upon.
Yes, it's quite a good one. As far as everyone is serious with it, we can end this lockdown faster.
This plan would work effectively without flaw, in a sane country; but for a country like Nigeria, a lot of work has to be done.
Coupled with that, this recent administration is complaining of lack of funds.
But so far, it's the best plan I've seen so far. I do not know if our governors are planning themselves, with the way things are now.

So, what are you going to do with the plan?
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DriggityDre: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
Theres no way a terrible or corrupt government worker can shut the people from talking... there s always a feedback to follow their experiences. You can be sure of that !
Agreed.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:23am On Apr 19, 2020
DriggityDre:

Yes, it's quite a good one. As far as everyone is serious with it, we can end this lockdown faster.
This plan would work effectively without flaw, in a sane country; but for a country like Nigeria, a lot of work has to be done.
Coupled with that, this recent administration is complaining of lack of funds.
But so far, it's the best plan I've seen so far. I do not know if our governors are planning themselves, with the way things are now.

So, what are you going to do with the plan?
well I might just allow the plan waste ! cheesy
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DriggityDre: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
well I might just allow the plan waste ! cheesy
Chai. The way Nigeria is, they might not even take you serious. That "you-want-to-teach-me-my-job" mentality.
Even in advanced countries, this plan might still be a waste. That's why they are advanced; they have probably thought of it, and even made it better.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2020
DriggityDre:

Chai. The way Nigeria is, they might not even take you serious. That "you-want-to-teach-me-my-job" mentality.
Even in advanced countries, this plan might still be a waste. That's why they are advanced; they have probably thought of it, and even made it better.
its a pathetic situation where we find ourselves.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by DriggityDre: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
its a pathetic situation where we find ourselves.
Word.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
The issue of palliatives, since we are 200 million in Nigeria, 50,000 naira for 200 million people is equal to 1 trillion naira, even we are not going to spend for all 200 million people since we also have the lunatics who won't have a share
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:40am On Apr 19, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
The issue of palliatives, since we are 200 million in Nigeria, 50,000 naira for 200 million people is equal to 1 trillion naira, even we are not going to spend for all 200 million people since we also have the lunatics who won't have a share
not a bad idea. But the idea of sharing money in a third world country wont work. y?
because we run a capitalist market which mean prices are not regulated, meaning purchasing power will be crippled because 50,000 will be exhausted swiftly withing a while in a highly inflated market.

The 2nd major challenge will be that we dont have appropriate data systems that captures individuals details of every single person withing a geographical point, including the rural areas. so how do u go about paying cash to BVN's or doing so physically?
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
not a bad idea. But the idea of sharing money in a third world country wont work. y?
because we run a capitalist market which mean prices are not regulated, meaning purchasing power will be crippled because 50,000 will be exhausted swiftly withing a while in a highly inflated market.

Countries are doing it anyway and shit ain't happening
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Countries are doing it anyway and shit ain't happening

The 2nd major challenge will be that we dont have appropriate data systems that captures individual details of every single person withing a geographical point, including the rural areas. so how do u go about paying cash to BVN's or doing so physically?
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2020
a well organised food and health care items and materials sharing is still the best bet for countries in Africa.
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:

The 2nd major challenge will be that we dont have appropriate data systems that captures individual details of every single person withing a geographical point, including the rural areas. so how do u go about paying cash to BVN's or doing so physically?

Shey we no get the number of registered voters? Shey we no get the number of people registered for NIMC? Shebi them don do census before, no be house to house count? Oga it's something we want to do that we will do if the will power is there
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Were To Address COVID-19 As A Government? by baralatie(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2020
it is over the top and not too nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Men Are Mad” – Lady Reveals How Abuja Guys ‘deceive’ Women / Have You Ever Dated A Random Lady You Approached On The Street? / Inappropriate Display Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.