Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,311 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? (24906 Views)

6 Tips To Recognize The Florist That's Right For You / Google Voice Is Available @ The Rate Of #1,000 / Who Do You Recognize Here (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Kemimarch16(f): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Not really sure
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by HundredWays(m): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mine was funny but girls do say I've a sweet voice grin

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by OGhoney: 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
I cant, I Av recorded my voice, I can't believe how horrible it was.
Most times our vocal viberation pass through the canal in the alveolar ridge interfere with our hearing therefore we can't really know how we sound. That's why people who have not left the borders of Aba keep speaking American English not knowing they sound horrible and annoying
grin grin
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Harietgold91(f): 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Why wont i recognize my voice, though was not able to recognize it the first time cos it sounds like that of my younger sister
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
illicit:
ofcourse, if you see urself in a group picture wont u recognise yourself?

It's not same with voice. You can recognize yourself because you see yourself in pictures and mirror every time. If you never saw urself before, you wont recognize yourself the first time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Niwdog(m): 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
On Android my voice is Melody to the ear but on Nokia touch light my voice sounds like all the big big men with deep baritone voice
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by kalufelix(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
No...when i experimented i was shocked... I couldn't believe it was my voice...I thought someone has voiceshopped my voice...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by DoubleEngine007: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Profayo:
I am sure musicians and instrumentalists in the house won't have problems with this...can't remember the number of times I have recorded and listened to myself over and over again
grin Badt guy...Even before close of service.. WhatsApp status don full, na my voice i dey hear o.. Only me go dey check if error dey anywhere for my part.. If instrumentalist flow well ,if my backup no off.
Although ,that was when I was a church boy like baba franklin Edwardo.. cool
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by rosamaris: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
There is a difference as I see it between ones talking voice and singing voice.
Personally, I don't like hearing my voice on record when I talk because it is harsh, deep and unfriendly.
Infact I felt very ashamed when I first heard my voice on record. But the case is different when I sing. That I'm in the choir sef surprises me every time I think about it.
Except you listen to yourself on record, you may not be able to understand how you really sound when talking.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
scoundrel:
All these primary school topics, sha. I can if it’s recorded in a group of my family members. If done in a group of people who sound close to me I highly doubt I’ll recognize it.

Scoundrel...

Now, I know who not to trust on Nairaland.

Thanks for intimating me though.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by ibkayee(f): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
pocohantas:
Yope, I will.

I will recognize Ibkayee’s own too. grin
Lmao

You have a distinct voice too, I'd recognise you instantly cheesy
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by scoundrel(f): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Scoundrel...

Now, I know who not to trust on Nairaland.

Thanks for intimating me though.
Who knows you? Mscheew.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nmezor(f): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
I know my voice, so its a YES
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Parkleader: 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
Just recorded and my voice sound different from what i imagine when i talk

I recognize my voice but.......

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
Profayo:
I am sure musicians and instrumentalists in the house won't have problems with this...can't remember the number of times I have recorded and listened to myself over and over again
I concur
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
scoundrel:

Who knows you? Mscheew.

How do I know for certain that you don't know me?

You could be telling a lie for all I know.

One thing I've learnt in life is never to trust a scoundrel. sad

School of hard knocks alumnus here.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yes
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Joefat: 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
I do listen to mine whenever I sent WhatsApp voice note.. It different than what I thought. But it's coll and sweet..
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Oreofe20: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
I doubt it my siblings and I share same voice that my parent hardly recognize who is talking from behind sef.
Tried to record on a samsung and iPhone came out to be the same

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by NACE13: 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
I seriously hate how I sound whenever I play the record. That's why I hardly do voice notes on social media. I don't understand why I sound like Vin Diesel or Idril Elba when I speak but when I send voice notes, I sound like Adam Sandler with his nasal whatever effects.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by makinson2865: 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
I taught I speak better n my accent is good, expecially when speaking oyinbo until I recorded my conversation with airtel customer care

O boy, I have horrible voice which annoyed me so much

7 Likes

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Sehindemi(f): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
I cant, I Av recorded my voice, I can't believe how horrible it was.
Most times our vocal viberation pass through the canal in the alveolar ridge interfere with our hearing therefore we can't really know how we sound. That's why people who have not left the borders of Aba keep speaking American English not knowing they sound horrible and annoying
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by kayo80(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
I would definitely recognize my voice cos it sounds so much like my younger brother's voice... it's so creepy.

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
To answer the question, it depends on the time, situation, location and condition. Or even who is asking.

But standing or sitting before a law enforcement agent or any indicting body or organisation e.g. a court, tribunal or whatever, Agnosia will suddenly kick in.

It is that simple.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Bryan88(m): 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
Esseite:
As we think we can hear ourselves, it usually does not come out the way we think..

If ten different recordings are placed on a table and you are told to pick out your voice, would you be able to?
y not? even in my dreams, even in thousands of voice records, i can alwas pick out my voice.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by kayo80(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
jumper524:
Omo my voice were too thick for my liking when I tried this.
No wonder people fear me when I threathen them..

LMAO!!!!! I wish I had your kind of voice though...I want people to fear me when I speak.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
UnknownT:
My voice horrible and i talk fast too, so i will definitely recognise it even if it was recorded in chinese embarassed
so me grin
Even when I try to slow it down while sending a voice note on WhatsApp, when I listen to it, it still seems fast and annoying grin

2 Likes

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by SmellingAnus(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Tried it back then... I sounded different but hearing it made me believe some girls that say hearing my voice turns them on ... apparently I sounded very Calm and confident just as that of Don Williams grin
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by kayo80(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
samwash:
I do record my phone conversation most time & I play it from time to time.
Me & my elder brother talk alike, there was a day played our conversation on phone for my wife to listen, she said " how come you are talking & also replying ur self " b4 she could recognize my elder brothers voice.
Well I get rugged voice sha!!!

"there was a day I played our conversation on phone for my wife to listen, she said " how come you are talking & also replying ur self "

Hahahaha! You made me laugh out loud.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by oviexcels(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
why not, I have recorded files of my voice while talking, singing and even shouting so I am already acquainted with my voice
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by notime1997: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yeah of course

Learn how to buy cheap data online as cheap as#330 per GB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You Would Find At A Fighting Scene! (PHOTOS) / Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.