Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? (24908 Views)

6 Tips To Recognize The Florist That's Right For You / Google Voice Is Available @ The Rate Of #1,000 / Who Do You Recognize Here (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by PotatoSalad(m): 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yes. I formed the habit of recording my voice on my birthday since I turned 18 to say some stuff about what's happening in my life.
They're in my cloud and I'm surprised to see how my voice has changed over the years.

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by david102(m): 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
I believe most of guys watch all these singing talent hunt shows like the idols, Got talent, Project game and the rest. We see a lot of bad singers who thinks they are good. The point is they have not really heard themselves well especially when recorded

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by addicted268(f): 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Esseite:
As we think we can hear ourselves, it usually does not come out the way we think..

If ten different recordings are placed on a table and you are told to pick out your voice, would you be able to?

The first day I heard my voice on a recorder,I thought it was my kid sister's voice(except I remembered having that conversation. Lol).I also realized that we laugh the same.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by PropertyBuying(f): 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
Yes for me, I have heard mine alot of times
If already edited, it may be difficult to recognise.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
PropertyBuying:

If already edited, it may be difficult to recognise.

The question is not if your voice was edited, you can read it again pls, how is the lockdown doing you now?
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
The first time I couldn't, I sounded so much like my youngest sister, I was surprised it didn't sound like me, but due to call recording I can recognize it now.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
addicted268:

The first day I heard my voice on a recorder,I thought it was my kid sister's voice(except I remembered having that conversation. Lol).I also realized that we laugh the same.
Same happened with me.

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
airminem:
Listening to my recorded voice sounds like a Alpha Female
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by airminem(f): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=dancok post=88700420][/quote]

Wetin na

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by heartbraker(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=lekan3531 post=88699190]What are the provisions u Make for her...

My dear bother am very sure if you take good care of your house ur wife won’t have the got to go out and sleep with another men.

Sorry and take ur malaria drug 2day kwa?? How dis u post take relate to d matter wey dey ground??

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
i really have a bad voice very boyish nd i seems to talk too fast

its very awkward

i really hate my voice grin
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by sulasa07(m): 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
jumper524:
Omo my voice were too thick for my liking when I tried this.
No wonder people fear me when I threathen them..
My voice dey tiny like Mike Tyson voice,Everytime I recorded my voice and play,I just dey laugh grin grin
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by walexy06(m): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lol.. Voice recording is better, though I have same voice with my two brothers. Wetin dey always baffle me b say d voice go Dey sound like say I Dey speak through my nose.. I don try many times to change am but Na lie. The worse Na wen I Dey sing, Choi.... I Dey fast forward my recording.. I wonder as those girls dey take gree for this kind voice...
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Thegoodone13(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
My brother and I have the same voice.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by samwash(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
kayo80:

"there was a day I played our conversation on phone for my wife to listen, she said " how come you are talking & also replying ur self "

Hahahaha! You made me laugh out loud.

Na so we see ham ooo !!!

1 Like

Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by sureteeboy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
lekzy116:
Yes of course but seriously I hate listening to my voice note on whatapps, I can't believe I sounds so horrible like that when I always feel like Will Smith for my mind
It's not just you o. The voice always sound different when I'm recording it. Then to play it on WhatsApp, I hear something else
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by luvyaself95(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
I don't believe my voice is mine because it sound like 2 years old kid. It make me remember when a girl told me i have small pikin voice i was like is she mad ni undecided imagine me with small voice not knowing she was actually right grin
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by DECENCY3: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
The day I recorded and played my voice to myself I was so shocked. I was really feeling strange. The voice sounds D's so cool and gentle and I was like is this really my voice?
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by oluwaseun15(f): 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yes for me, I've heard it a lot of time, though I was surprised at first because people usually say I have a thin voice but I thought it was a lie till I listen to it, ever since then I've gotten use to it
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by KLand(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
I don't even like listening to my recorded voice.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
NACE13:
I seriously hate how I sound whenever I play the record. That's why I hardly do voice notes on social media. I don't understand why I sound like Vin Diesel or Idril Elba when I speak but when I send voice notes, I sound like Adam Sandler with his nasal whatever effects.
you surely ain't a Nigerian, are you?and if you are by chance, you sure don't reside here.
am I right,sir?
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Equity15(m): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2020
dukeprince50:
I cant, I Av recorded my voice, I can't believe how horrible it was.
Most times our vocal viberation pass through the canal in the alveolar ridge interfere with our hearing therefore we can't really know how we sound. That's why people who have not left the borders of Aba keep speaking American English not knowing they sound horrible and annoying
I swear even me..all my calls are recorded..so sometimes, i replay them to get some details. I swear I couldn't believe my voice is so horrible on fone
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by bewitching: 8:23am On Apr 22, 2020
My voice sounds nice, which is why I'm a voice over artist and singer
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by OyinO: 8:38am On Apr 22, 2020
samwash:
I do record my phone conversation most time & I play it from time to time.
Me & my elder brother talk alike, there was a day played our conversation on phone for my wife to listen, she said " how come you are talking & also replying ur self " b4 she could recognize my elder brothers voice.
Well I get rugged voice sha!!!

Older brother, not elder brother. Older / Younger brother.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by OyinO: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2020
It's terrible when I listen to my recorded voice.
What I realized is that when you're talking to a very important person, your voice comes alive but when you're angry with the person that is calling, your voice will scare you. It depends on your listening audience.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by illicit(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2020
stanliwise:
it doesn’t work that way bro
pls explain
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by illicit(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

It's not same with voice. You can recognize yourself because you see yourself in pictures and mirror every time. If you never saw urself before, you wont recognize yourself the first time.
if you saw yourself in a childhood (infant) pics that you have not seen before, you may not have recognise yourself.... that's understandable because that pics was taken before you ever became aware of yourself but I don't think the same could be said of pics that was taken at an age when you have become fully aware of yourself.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2020
illicit:

if you saw yourself in a childhood (infant) pics that you have not seen before, you may not have recognise yourself.... that's understandable because that pics was taken before you ever became aware of yourself but I don't think the same could be said of pics that was taken at an age when you have become fully aware of yourself.

If there were no mirrors or Cameras, let's assume those years with no technology. And white people came with camera and snapped passport faces of many of you for the first time. If they put the pictures before you, you wont know yours out of the rest. It's a very simple thing.

The first time I heard my voice on someone's phone. He said it's me. I said no, that wasn't my voice lol. So hard to believe.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by illicit(m): 10:01am On Apr 22, 2020
light099:

If there were no mirrors or Cameras, let's assume those years with no technology. And white people came with camera and snapped passport faces of many of you for the first time. If they put the pictures before you, you wont know yours out of the rest. It's a very simple thing.

The first time I heard my voice on someone's phone. He said it's me. I said no, that wasn't my voice lol. So hard to believe.
people recognised themselves in those days. yes. they do look in a bowl of water or in a pond to see their faces.

or people would have told you that you look like so and so person.
i know that if my voice was not mixed, I will recognise it anywhere for real
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 22, 2020
illicit:

people recognised themselves in those days. yes. they do look in a bowl of water or in a pond to see their faces.

or people would have told you that you look like so and so person.
i know that if my voice was not mixed, I will recognise it anywhere for real

Yea sure. But if it's the 'first time', you're seeing or hearing yourself, you won't recognize it.
Subsequent times, you would but first time, you wont. This thing is simple, mere simple logic sef can explain it.
Or maybe I don't get your argument.
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by stanliwise(m): 10:24am On Apr 22, 2020
illicit:

pls explain
when you speak as it leaves your mouth you don’t get a chance to witness the complete vibration in your ears. Same is not for the eyes
Re: If Your Voice Is Played To You, Can You Recognize It? by NACE13: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

you surely ain't a Nigerian, are you?and if you are by chance, you sure don't reside here.
am I right,sir?

Hmmm, Why would you say that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You Would Find At A Fighting Scene! (PHOTOS) / Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.