Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice (56700 Views)

Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / How The Massive Lid Of 2000-Years-Old Stone Coffin Was Lifted In Egypt(Pics) / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Jaqenhghar: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
Tomorrow one monkey or group of monkeys will come and be beating chest and berating other countries then talk about how their shithole is the centre of the universe

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by EzzyCarter: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Not pessimistic sir... Not even cynical! Just being real!!!

We have been spared by forces and mercies beyond our comprehension. I'm not religious, but this is without doubt!!!

A lot of nations had the same index cases and initial infected same time as we did in late February... Compare their figures and ours now!!!

These are nations with far better medical care and facilities, better response outfits, and far better overall national healthcare professionals!!!

Some even imposed lock downs a lot earlier than we did...

There is a time to brag... And a time to be humble!!! Nigerians should be humble and thank the gods!!!

Absolutely right at bolded. We indeed got lucky
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Akapela(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
They have done everything right to rejoice, timely shutdown of airspace and adequate testing. Oloriburuku government here do not have that sense.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by masterP042(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
Chosen1984:
Awesome !
There was no need for Africa to be on lockdown in the first place..

Our Leaders here Sheepishly followed the Europeans and Americans to declare Lockdowns..

Africa has its Pecularity.. Lockdowns in Africa would triple and Quadriplize the deaths in the The Region..

Many factors came into play in the Calamities of Nations in these Endtimes.. Covid-19 is not the only Disater on Earth Today, as Nations of the world are being hit with various mysterious events from Tornadoes, to Asteriods to Earthquake, Rivers turning to Blood, Mysterious death of Creatures in the sea, Animals, birds, Volcanoes, floods, and much more.. The Mainstream media just refuse to show many of these events and just focus on Covid-19.

America and Europe are Worst Hit for a Reason..

Africa is less hit for a Reason..

With the Exception of South Africa, I told those around me way back that Africa won't have much deaths..

These Events are Allowed for A Reason..

Africa has its own problems of Wrong leadership , Ritualist, Witchcraft, tribalism , Embezzlements, unnecessary bloodshed and all that. And thee are Consequences for these..

But African Leaders Refusing to legalize LGBT Wickedness and Abominations have saved the continent from lots of deaths..

I am not one bit Suprised with South Africa. I knew they will be worst hit in Africa.. They need to cease from trying to be European of Africa in bad things.. they should copy the good things there and not the Abominations and evils..

Locking down Africa nations will cause deaths from Hunger Virus. It will also bring about maximum Lawlessness..

Respect to President John Magufuli of Tanzania..

They That Hath Ears to Hear, let them hear.
From the premise of your post, I thought you were making sense. I wasted my precious time reading this jargon
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Jostoman: 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nbote:
Atleast dey are doing a whole lot right.. They have tested thousands and have been able to curb d spread.. Can we say d same? Until we are able to curb d spread and test more ppl with aggressive contact tracing, we are going nowhere and would only help d virus spread like wildfire if we try to copy dem
they should not near my place o, if they don't want me to use my hunger virus to bite them
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Angelfrost(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:

Ghana is just 30million people

Nigeria is 200 million people

Do the math Mr man.

You are still dodging the real question...

Let me rephrase for you... Why is a far smaller nation testing far more than the GIANT of Africa?!

If Ghana can test over 60k in 3 weeks, why or what stops Nigeria from testing over 100k?!

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Rapmoney(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nbote:
Atleast dey are doing a whole lot right.. They have tested thousands and have been able to curb d spread.. Can we say d same? Until we are able to curb d spread and test more ppl with aggressive contact tracing, we are going nowhere and would only help d virus spread like wildfire if we try to copy dem

You are not the mouthpiece of the people. Speak for yourself.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by nauto: 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigerians will do same
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Swanzi(m): 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
tellwisdom:
Even if they leave them to roam 48hrs everyday, they are still hungry

Average Ghanaian eats Fufu with onions only.
The rich ones add fish to the onions

I can feel ur pain bro get handkerchief,wipe ur tears n enjoy ur generator Republic let’s enjoy our Ghana ...

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Swanzi(m): 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Let me rephrase for you... Why is a far smaller nation testing far more than the GIANT of Africa?!

If Ghana can test over 60k in 3 weeks, why or what stops Nigeria from testing over 100k?!

GBAM...!!
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Abagworo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
Meanwhile meningitis is on the rise in same Ghana. I pray it doesn't cross the border to other African countries
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Lorazepam(f): 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:

Ghana is just 30million people

Nigeria is 200 million people

Do the math Mr man.

Are you sure you understand what you're saying sir? cheesy cheesy

Ghana with population of 30m has done 68,591 tests, that's 2207 people tested per 1m population

Nigeria with population of 200m has done 7,153 tests, thats 35 people tested per 1m population. That is too low and can never show you the true picture of spread in the country.

Nigeria with its massive population, is supposed to have conducted far more tests than small Ghana.

Ghana is obviously Nigeria's senior and far far ahead of Nigeria when it comes to tackling this virus.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Lorazepam(f): 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Itzhandy: 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
Contact https:///2347084523237 for any China Pickups,Chinese Account,WeChat Pay,Alipay all available for instant pickup,Your Money Available in 60 Minutes � � Good Rate � �
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by ALABACONNECT(m): 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
I am guessing that Lagos too might be given a partial lockdown because a full lockdown might bring trouble. God help us
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Simple! Because they have a lesser population than Nigeria.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by bilulu(m): 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hadiza101:
Insha Allah,we shall also rejoice soon.
How many have you tested compare to what they have tested?
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lorazepam:

Ghana with population of 30m has done 68,591 tests, that's 2207 people tested per 1m population

Nigeria with population of 200m has done 7,153 tests, thats 35 people tested per 1m population. That is too low and can never show you the true picture of spread in the country.

Nigeria with its massive population, is supposed to have conducted far more tests than small Ghana.

Ghana is obviously Nigeria's senior and far far ahead of Nigeria when it comes to tackling this virus.

You are igbo.

i don't take words from people from that side seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Angelfrost(m): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:
Simple! Because they have a lesser population than Nigeria.

Hehehehe... That's the kind of answer that makes people fail exams woefully!!!

Is US also smaller than Nigeria??! Maybe we are even more populated than India and China!!!

When you are ready to call a spade a spade, let me know... Bye!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by jy2kbeyond(m): 12:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Won't this become a case study of how flat curves bend during Pandemic health illness?

angry angry angry angry
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 12:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Hehehehe... That's the kind of answer that makes people fail exams woefully!!!

Is US also smaller than Nigeria??! Maybe we are even more populated than India and China!!!

When you are ready to call a spade a spade, let me know... Bye!!!
You want me to sing the praises of Ghana which I'm not going to do.

bye bye to you too.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by streetfabulous: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
MainJoe:

You do not get it. They have done their statistical analysis and have come up with a containment plan. They are going to release sub centres and will monitor the growth of the spread. That was what the lockdown was for.

Ghana has spent the three-week lockdown to conduct more than 68,000 tests and draw-up plans to establish testing centers in all of its 16 regions, Akufo-Addo said. Local factories commenced the production of protective equipment while drone services are used to speed-up the transportation of tests, he said.
Exactly. A temporary lockdown is necessary but we must understand that one of the purpose is to come up with containment plans and policies to operate the economy in the midst of the plague. Ghana has come up with how they will operate, other countries are working out plans based on their unique environment and resources to do the same. Nigeria on its own will have to sit down, study, and come up with plans to safely operate inspite of the problem. For instance, aggressive testing, enforcement of masks and gloves, massive and continuous grassroot campaign on hand washing and use of sanitizer, increased capacity of NCDC and health institutions for continued responsiveness to cases, enforcement of quarantine for all persons coming into the country , and so on. If we like, lockdown Nigeria for 5 years, there will still be viruses, plagues, diseases, insecurity e.t.c. Lockdown is not an end in itself, it is only a means to an end.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by JimohMomoh: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lorazepam:

I like the way you answered that man without insult. Kudos.

Ghana really tried, they even deployed technology by using drones etc
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Investnow2017: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

It is also increasing in Ghana. Almost 1100 confirmed cases

So in your mind Ghana is worse than Nigeria?

Ghana has tested over 60,000
Nigeria has tested 7,153

So if Ghana has over 1000 confirmed cases and Nigeria 627, you can now understand.

The answer is test, test, test. Trace, Test, Treat

If you like lockdown for 10years, until you test and isolate infected ones, you are still joking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Angelfrost(m): 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:
You want me to sing the praises of Ghana which I'm not going to do.

bye bye to you too.

I have no business with Ghana... They are nothing more than a clear pointer to our failure to do the right thing!!!

Pointing out the glaring failings and shortfalls of your leaders is not lack of patriotism... It's actually hypocrisy and unpatriotism to do otherwise. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

I have no business with Ghana... They are nothing more than a clear pointer to our failure to do the right thing!!!

Pointing out the glaring failings and shortfalls of your leaders is not lack of patriotism... It's actually hypocrisy and unpatriotism to do otherwise. Thank you.
We have different ambitions different goals no one stops you from pointing out the failures of your leaders mate.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Wake up to reality sir... Just do yourself that favour!!!

We are over 200 million in Nigeria (compare that to Ghana's population), and your people can't afford to test beyond 2000 per day (I believe they are testing far less)...

This means to actually pull off what has been done by most serious nations like Germany, South Korea, and England, they will have to fully lock the nation down till June or July... This is totally out of the question!!!

So, the lockdown will remain a charade on paper, till everyone boycotts the damn thing!!!

This is the true Reality staring us in the face!!!
gbam
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by luvsun(m): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
Life na turn by turn.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by kollybay4u: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
Pst Adeboye prophecy is coming to fulfilment!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) / British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.