Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? (7724 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by fdigital(m): 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2011
Shinor:

E be like say you like plasma small
lol  , the plasma was part of the movie na. .
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by legba1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2011
guy,you did the rite thing.if you had gone ahead with the mariage you would have been done for.come on home joo.there are good daughters of eve at home that will make good wives i av them aplenty just beep me when you land and i'll arrange you some
@190,what would you have him do,stake his life and get derailed?
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by Basildon1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
U did the right thing definitely but i think she's got a british passport and you wanted her just for papers, she wanted you for marriage and she was ready to squeeze you dry cos she felt you were more desperate. It is obvious you guys dont love each other and your story is too one sided. U have filtered down the whole thing for us!

I'm glad that you have come back to your senses and realised that a life of slavery to another woman is not worth it just to stay in the UK. Why else would you have proposed in 3 weeks? Love? Ha!
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by Phate07(m): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
**Damn! Story is too long** angry
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by JUO(m): 4:29pm On Jan 07, 2011
if u continue u will die before your time and is two of you are not serious. lastly she is in love with somebody
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by favouredjb(f): 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
Shinor:

E be like say you like plasma small

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,seriously i cant count the no plasmas in that epistle
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by Ivynwa(f): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2011
Sorry Pips what did I just do? Oh my God!, the work I was immersed in at the office made me lose concentration and I posted what I have for another thread here. That was a mistake Pips! Sorry about that. It was actually meant for another thread titled "Am I wrong in supporting my BF Financially?"

I agree that friends should be there for each other in good times and rough times whether married or not, ther's no condition that is permanent in Life. There are times even the most capable and harworking of all men runs short of money and can do wt such help from his partner. Out there and far out from home, we should be one another's keeper.
We should help and it is also wise as some ladies said to help the man get a source of income like help him get a job, talk to work places on his behalf, help him with business initiative, encourage him and even support him financially and other wise just to see him be able to stand on his feet and be able to handle his financial affairs. A mature man that can't handle his financial scenes (ie is unable to use resources around him, work hard and even manage the little or much he makes) isn't attractive to women at all.

Poster your boyfriend doesn't seem like a lazy man though, be patient while supporting him but don't put yourself in financial difficulties to do that too because home is far and you are a lady and should avoid being vulnerable. You sound like you are already did that and I think you should let him know how you feel. If he is as nice as you made him sound he won't want to see you be unhappy and in difficulty all because you have the good heart to help.

Sorry poster, I haven't even read your post yet as to contribute good, when I do, I will. Cheers all!
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by buzugee(m): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
bruv ? thats not the woman for you. it is obvious. let her carry her wahala go
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by otokx(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2011
Both of them are guilty
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
mr plasma u try. d issues in d relationship that lasted few week's alone would hv killed u let alone a marriage that would hv lasted a life time. u did d right thing walking out of it. congrate now u live to love again
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by triistar86: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
At times I wonder why people create threads? I think some people just do so to increase their number of posts on nairaland or jst for boredom. Some questions should never even be asked for crying out loud. If all you said is true please kindly help me tell your ex-fiancée to go hump herself wink

And my guy I hope say you shine that congo very very well before you left her considering all you have spent cos if not you mess up big time grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by Thespecialone(m): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
This is the first time I'm seeing a consensus on this kind of matter.

Guy go and replace your plasma tv, add sky hd with a solid home theater system and forget about the lady.

Na God save you.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
Basildon1:

U did the right thing definitely but i think she's got a british passport and you wanted her just for papers, she wanted you for marriage and she was ready to squeeze you dry cos she felt you were more desperate. It is obvious you guys dont love each other and your story is too one sided. U have filtered down the whole thing for us!

I'm glad that you have come back to your senses and realised that a life of slavery to another woman is not worth it just to stay in the UK. Why else would you have proposed in 3 weeks? Love? Ha!

Your observation would have been correct from the point of one-sided story, desperation to stay to have a passport and proposing in 3wks generically but in this case,how i got into all this,i do not know.

I have a first degree in Accounting
second degree in International finance and banking
Presently part-qualified as an Investment & financial adviser (ifs school of finance level 4 qualification regulated by the FSA).
I have worked in Nigeria before relocating in 2007.
I do not give a hoot about the british passport cus my career progression is guaranteed in Nigeria.Only for me to land a job.
The plan was for us to be here for sometime and relocate cuz i made it clear i cant stand this country for too long.

About the proposal,she is 32 and kept drumming it to my ears she's scared n will only b confident wen she has got my ring on her fingers from d beginning so i thot that wuold be nice.

About the story,its actually like a home video(a mate said that) but trust me,its undiluted. Exactly the way things happened but rmba everybody will always have reasons for their action so her story might be different but my line is the basis of woteva hppned.

About the passport,I SWEAR DOWN,wouldnt have stayed too long before relocating anyway because i believe more opportunities are at home for me no matter the situation.Nigeria has always been in recession since independence and pple still breakthrough.My faith is solid on that.

I tried to cancel the engagement but when like 3 older pple come tgeda to persuade you,you wont want to appear arrogant,will you?

Finally,i went ahead with everything thinking,if i have plans to relocate and along the line met a lady who is 32 but looks younger,a professional like me,i am 32 myself,my thinking was mayb God purposely brought us together but the bottom line is i was independent and was still footing the bills,no material consideration involved.

I have had alot of experience with ladies and thot a matured girl like her will appreciate a relationship better.Those were my thinking until i finally realised i may perhaps have been wrong.

She and her uncle's wife with mum were d ones begging me to stay.Infact the professional course i am studying now was advised by her uncle's wife to entice me that opportunities are there for finance professionals.Before then,i sat for a financial risk management exam(FRM) but didnt pass so she encouraged me to go for this.I had to travel down to Nigeria before my mum persuaded me to chill and see what God is doing.

I brought the issue to nairaland cuz i simply cant believe someone sane can be doing all this and her family is blaming me for not been patient enough.

Hope this clears your curiosity.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by Donkonyon: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
Broda u are not wrong at all, stick to ur decision, it is the best from all indications.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
triistar86:

At times I wonder why people create threads? I think some people just do so to increase their number of posts on nairaland or jst for boredom. Some questions should never even be asked for crying out loud. If all you said is through please kindly help me tell your ex-fiancée to go hump herself wink

And my guy I hope say you shine that congo very very well before you left her considering all you have spent cos if not you mess up big time grin

Thanks

If you go through my profile and check my comment on threads,its actually been sometime i came on nairaland,only recently i started visiting.

I am just baffled,thats all.

Just wanted to be sure i was right cuz getting engaged is serious to me and the first time in my life.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by HamidO1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
I have a feeling you'll still go back cos you've done so several times. For me I'll act as if I never met such a person my whole life, anyone that doesn't encourage you to help your family before marriage will do everything to stop you when you eventually get married. Ideally I think she needs you more cos of her age but i really agree with you that she is very bad in managing relationships. What were you thinking allowing her parents settle your fights? Her parents are third parties which any relationship shouldn't allow, not even your own parent should have a say. Run for your life bro, I just hope you won't go back to that lady cos i think you will.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
ceej:

My brother it is not working. Most  Nigerian girls are like that.Especially this one from a broken home.She cant give what she does not have. She will divorce u some day.Love is not-material.Since she works and even earn better she can foot the bills knowing fully well that someday you will earn good too and carry the responsibilities.

Thank you.

The point even is i am still gonna be the higher spender in footing the bills which is absolutely fine with me but what crossed my mind was,will i ever be able to save with this kind of woman in my house?

When i bought the taxi,she didnt ask if she can give me more money to buy anoda car and expand for the family sake.What she asked was how i can help her get a taxi too.I gave her a strange look and was like excuse me,we are not competing here.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by Drfinn: 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
@op,tank ur stars, u hv just bin delivad frm d bigest mistake u wuld hv made in life.move on wit lif,u deserve d best!
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by IrunmoleD1: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
From the way the story was going, I thought it would have ended with "marrying and walking out of the marriage". I congratulate you that a nice guy like you was bold enough to end that kind of relationship.

Next time enter a relationship with a woman on your own terms, and never ever again be a wuse boy!!
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
Hamid O:

I have a feeling you'll still go back cos you've done so several times. For me I'll act as if I never met such a person my whole life, anyone that doesn't encourage you to help your family before marriage will do everything to stop you when you eventually get married. Ideally I think she needs you more cos of her age but i really agree with you that she is very bad in managing relationships. What were you thinking allowing her parents settle your fights? Her parents are third parties which any relationship shouldn't allow, not even your own parent should have a say. Run for your life bro,  I just hope you won't go back to that lady cos i think you will.

Laughs,you are absolutely correct.

I couldnt help with her parents interference from the beginning cuz i was tryna be sure of the true situation.

When i then got to realise her mother wanted to be an emperor like,u guyz must let me know whatever issue you have got,i tried to give a gap and wahala started.

Bout the issue of going back,i think if i dont love the girl,i wouldnt have gone as far as i went cuz i totally forgot every oda plan i had except the issue of relocation.I made it clear we have to relocate soonest cuz i sooooo much believe in Nigeria no matter the situation.

Going back? even if i would have wanted to give her a chance,with the different comments on the thread,i will never go back.Trust me.

Its not about the support or encouragement but the objective arguments being made bout the issue.

Thanks alot everyone
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by denzel2009: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2011
Please can you use your good office to tell me the internet site you met her. How to shine a Doctor's kongo in 3 days
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2011
otokx:

Both of them are guilty

sooo true.

My guilt is rushing into everything and expecting her age will make her more attractive for marriage.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by legendprac(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
to ur tents, O ISRAEL.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by HamidO1(m): 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2011
With her parents living there, do you think she'll ever relocate to Nigeria with you assuming you guyz are together?? Don't forget there'll be kids in the equation then. By the the way, you don't seem desperate for marriage now, you have your plans well spelt out which I like so much. I think you should stick to your initial plans while looking for a more reasonable lady.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by mikkyphp(m): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
denzel2009:

Please can you use your good office to tell me the internet site you met her. How to shine a Doctor's kongo in 3 days

I was doing some random search on a friend on facebook and she came up as suggetsions cuz of the name.

Added as a friend and the rest you know cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2011
Hamid O:

With her parents living there, do you think she'll ever relocate to Nigeria with you assuming you guyz are together?? Don't forget there'll be kids in the equation then. By the the way, you don't seem desperate for marriage now, you have your plans well spelt out which I like so much. I think you should stick to your initial plans while looking for a more reasonable lady.

Again,you are correct but i pointed out this issue.

All she said and assured me of was she is willing and ready to move back with me.

She actually does not fancy the cold and boredom here so that convinced me until she changed everything mid-way.I just cant get my head round all this.

Always thought im a smart dude but on this one,my skill failed me.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by mikkyphp(m): 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
LOL, this reminds me of the thread also on the front page where the OP came to 9ja to get a wife and he's now lamenting that she's this n that. Please tell me where dremoney will go to find a wife if he can't get in UK,America or even Nigeria,
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by HamidO1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2011
dremoney:

Always thought im a smart dude but on this one,my skill failed me.

You think your skills failed you right, na the same skill way make you wake up to know say no road for there o.LOL
Just thank God you didn't take the big step, seems more like bondage in the making.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by roymary: 8:42pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Op

Don't trust anything that produces milk without eating grass. Never trust anything that bleeds for straight 3-5days and don't freaking die.

We can't quit drinking water because fish have se'x in it. You knw what i mean?? We aint gonna live without this opposite se'x; we stuck one way or the other. As long as you are dealing with women, you are creeping from one hole to the next. Just learn to be the man and take control no matter what.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by chika98: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2011
The both of you don't know squiggly squat about each other. This is why you lot are having problems sorting things out that are not even complex at all.
Get to know each other before planning a wedding or go your separate ways.
Re: Am I Wrong To Stop The Relationship? by dremoney(m): 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2011
mikkyphp:

LOL, this reminds me of the thread also on the front page where the OP came to 9ja to get a wife and he's now lamenting that she's this n that. Please tell me where dremoney will go to find a wife if he can't get in UK,America or even Nigeria,

I never bothered to date before leaving Nigeria cuz i knew i was coming for my masters, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? / What Will Happen If Your Crush Shows Up In This Situation? (pics). / Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.