Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

My Girlfriend Is So Boring - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is So Boring (25611 Views)

Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Omolola1(f): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Ur father, u like trouble o. . .
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by tpia1: 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
your, FATHER:

Ta-pa-3-1 means

Ta= T
pa= p
3= i
1=a

Tpia1 wat do u have to say shocked shocked shocked why 190 yab u now him tok say u be village girl shey na tru tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss

sweetie, i saw the post before you did.

if it doesnt bother me, then why is it bothering you.

are you and 190 kinda "close"? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

yes, i'm a proper village girl- he didnt lie.

is it a bad thing? Enlighten me.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Omolola1(f): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
i wonder. . .
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by livedit(f): 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2011
I agree with some of the others. In order for your relationship to continue to grow and blossom, you definitely need to be compatible with someone who have similiar (not necessarily all) interests as you. I'm assuming you two have been together for quite sometime and you genuniely care about this girl. There are some methods you can try to try and "boost" the relationship so both of you will be happy and satisfied. You do not want to let this situation continue on because sooner or later this is going to cause problems within your relationship in "other" areas. Such as leading up to but not limited to spats, resentment, anger, cheatingm break-up etc. And you don't sound like you want that.

So if you have attempted talking to her and telling her that every once in a while you would like to try and do such a such and let her know that it would mean a whole lot to you if you two could do these "things" together. Emphasize to her that by doing more fun, different or exciting things together, you two draw a stronger bond with one another. Just try and agree of compromise that would suit both parties involved in this situation. Maybe you can try one day after school, surprising her and picking her up and taking her away for the weekend, or take her out some where fun, but yet intimate for couples so she don't feel uneasy and out of place.

Crack jokes together, plan a vacation together and discuss some of the things you have planned and ask her what she would like to do or if she had fantases or something she always wanted to do. Try to create a relaxed atmosphere for her. You don't want to create tension because then she will think you are not happy with her period. You just want your point to get across as in, occassionally, you would like to go and hang out and do different things. Find out what her hobbies are. I'm sure it's something she likes to do but never had the motivation or "guts" to follow it through. Tap into her inner most feelings and learn exactly what will make her tick. Staying at home all the time don't have to be boring all the time, try to buy some "games", invite friends over etc. Just don't lose faith in her, I'm sure there is a wild side in her that's just waiting to be "unleashed". Just use kindness, patience and understanding when you approach her with any of the ideas mentioned on this board.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Leave her.... you need a more exposed girl while she needs a bushimo like her.....
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 10, 2013
communication,communication,communication. TALK to her about your boredom this is what a relationship is really about being open and honest about your feelings and resolving the issues that crop up.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Abbey2sam(m): 11:20am On Jan 10, 2013
Blackteeth: You said your girlfriend is intelligent but she does not say intelligent things.
Pheeew!!

Where is the intelligence?
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
just like jobs, when they get boring, change and get a new one

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by mrman2(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
undecidedWhat is a two year old topic doing on the front page? The gentleman has probably even broken up with the girl.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by hidenconyo(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
Mr..Cork:
ermmm pope732901 , bro, so are u sayin she dont give BJ? Pls clarify. cheeers! wink
This post refused to hide
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by clemmonce(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
i dont know the advice to give but as for me i hate boring girls so much... because i dont talk much so i need a girl that talk and fun to be with not a look look babe. i am currently thinking of ending a new relationship due to that this girl dont talk much and not too expose and meee i be bad guys mo ja gan... it wont just work but still thinking
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by simdam500(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
Also in ur shoe o. She even expect me to do d whole conversation. *maybe igbo gals are just lyk dat*
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by aduje(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
pope732901: I've been with this girl for about six months. She is actually everything I looked for in a girl - gentle, lovely, igbo, intelligent, has a lovely diction, excellently dressed, neat, and rubs my back right.

But she is not fun to be with! She is intelligent, and gets very good grades at school.

But she does not say intelligent things! She only thinks about boring things, and has no interest in any half way intellectual discussion. Her favorite activity is just staying at home and lying in bed or watching Nollywood movies. I feel like we never really say or do anything worthwhile.

Also, we never do anything really fun together, because of her lethargy. I like doing things like running, jogging,  climbing, going through bars, visiting weird stuff, trying new things but with her, her lethargy just infects me and all I want to do is chill and watch TV.
@ Poster, if you truly love her and hope to marry her, she will be a great wife i suppose. All you need do is compliment her and teach her gradually. It may be that she grew up under a very disciplinarian parent or an academic who like subjecting children to indoor. You need to expose her, gradually take her to the peak of dating and outing. Get her to know a lot of social life and catching fun... going to cinemas, beaches, restaurants, comedy shows etc. I think is an introvert and a reserved one for that matter. My wife use to be like that before I got married to her. She never attended social events, games, etc. Someone counseled us and I started with going to eateries, shows, drinking places, fun centres and etc, I was the one who exposed her to so many attraction leisure centres across the country including flying in a commercial aircraft. The price is much, but it is worth it. Our marriage will be 9 years in April. She has become such a wonderful calm but bold personality.

And she is the type of person that wants me to always do things with her, she expects a boyfriend and girlfriend to always spend time together. Basically, she wants to be my best friend, but is not able to intellectually interest me like my usual friends do!

She is dependent, wants me to do everything in the relationship and when I ask her, all she tells me is that "You're the guy" and it just disgust me so much because I believe in two sided relationship whereby no one is to rely on the other to take a step first. If you're in the position to do anything in the relationship, just do what comes naturally and not wait for your partner.

It's a confusing situation, what could I do?
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by freecocoa(f): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
Who pushes a 2 years old thread to the FP? Hian o.

Btw how can someone be everything you look for in a girl and you still complain? an intelligent person who doesn't say anything intelligent?

People and not knowing what they want, mscheew.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by freecocoa(f): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
clemmonce: i dont know the advice to give but as for me i hate boring girls so much... because i dont talk much so i need a girl that talk and fun to be with not a look look babe. i am currently thinking of ending a new relationship due to that this girl dont talk much and not too expose and meee i be bad guys mo ja gan... it wont just work but still thinking
Just imagine, you are boring yet you hate boring girls, smh4u.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by mkoabiola: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
Introvert jam extrovert=equation balanc.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Leadn(m): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
mr_man: undecidedWhat is a two year old topic doing on the front page? The gentleman has probably even broken up with the girl.

mehn I just tire!!! back to RUZZZZLE!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Clemzy16(m): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
@op you're dating an introvert. I hate being around introverts. They make every moment you spend with them miserable. It's either she is too holy, or she dosen't wanna talk or hear anything that has to do with romantic stuff, they're always at home. (Don't usually go out or make too much friends)., They love you but don't know how to show it. One dirty talk and she'll be like "God forgive you." It's good to be holy, but It's bad to be too holy. Obviously girls like your girlfriend don't know what the adventure of life has in stock.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by ghettodreamz(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
clemmonce: meee i be bad guys mo ja gan...

Hi Clemmonce, Welcome 2 Yaba Left <<<<<----------------------------- OYA JA LO grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by ghettodreamz(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2013
Clemzy16: It's either she is too holy, or she dosen't wanna talk or hear anything that has to do with romantic stuff, they're always at home. .

He said, their sex life is great.. How does that makes her holy? undecided undecided undecided

I bet, you didn't bother reading the whole thread before you posted this comment
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by MajeOfficial: 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
OP, i feel your plight.
My ex girlfriend was dull as well. No matter how much you love them you can't change them, they're content with very little and since you're not that type of person, you'll suddenly find yourself bored. The danger is any and every girl that says anything close to exciting will start to interest you. The more interesting other girls seem the more frustrating you relationship will become you and will lash out on her often because she's a disappointment. It's hard to make these situations work because she doesn't see anything wrong with her character, and in reality there's nothing wrong with it, she's laid back. You can learn to except it and find excitement elsewhere like with friends etc, because any girl you find after her will have a problem too and you'll have to learn to deal with them as well, or you can leave her because you're just going to get angry and frustrated and treat her unfairly.

If you decide you love her you have to set that boundary that she's not you 'friend' in the same sense as others and isn't the person to go to for exciting things. I do warn you, exciting girls aren't 'personal'. They behave like public property. Constantly needing to be around groups of people, or on the phone, leaving little to no time for the two of you to be together and enjoy each other. They can also be very mentally immature from my experience and what you may perceive as exciting in a women may really immaturity and wrecklessness most of the time.

Your girlfriend is what psychology calls an introvert. This means she doesn't need the 'excitement' of others to have fun. Where you 'gain' energy from 'doing things' and being around people, an introvert loses energy from doing these things. She may say things like "I don't like too much noise" "I don't like being around too many people" or seem detached from the moment in public settings. They would rather talk to one person at a time and can entertainment themselves without the assistance of other people (such as watching movies). Introverts are typically very intelligent so your theory about her being intelligent isn't wrong. Introverts aren't 'dull' though, it's actually the opposite. They're easily excited by their own thoughts, and too much excitement such as doing the things you listed you like to do is overtly stimulating to them. Introverts are hard to bore but may do things others find boring. It's not a rare or bad thing, half of the people in the world are introverts and they're said to typically be highly successful, intelligent, and innovative. You simply have to learn how to understand her and deal with her differently if you want to stay. If you don't you'll become angry and erratic from frustration. As an introvert, simply spending time with you may be all she needs to be excited, and this isn't a bad thing, once you run into a bizzy body woman, you'll see that she's a blessing.
Note: If you find a subject that interests introverts their energy levels skyrocket and they can talk for hours non stop.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by ghettodreamz(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
baby.me:
From your description of her,she is an introvert. She is someone that prefers to stay indoors,procrastinate,and not ready to take any action on her own bc she is comfortable in her zone and not willing to make any mistake. But mark my words,such personality is the best with the right kind of push from a loved one.

On the other hand,you are an extrovert who likes action,and from my experience,she is the right kind of person for you bc she will slow u down where u want to move too fast and you will push her on where she tends to be too slow. Be spantenous any time u are with her encourage her to make more friends and hang out some time. There is a great personality under that cold/boring person. Cheers wink

Idealistic suggestions, except the part that says she should make more friends, although IMO.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by redcliff: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
Blackteeth: You said your girlfriend is intelligent but she does not say intelligent things.
Pheeew!!

very contradictry statement.. There is no intelligent person who has good grades in school and stays away frm intellectual discussion. Once in while the genius in her pops up cos i mean its that same genius that got her where she is academically. Liar poster. Your babe no know book.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by MajeOfficial: 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
that's not true. Many intelligent people have no signs of being interested in 'intellectual' conversation. Intelligence simply means you have a more powerful and active brain, but doesn't dictate what you do with it.

A man can own a Lamborghini and not be interested in street racing.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by bunmila(f): 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pheeew!!
Book smart but not witty
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by naijaobi(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
@OP...u r very funny o.. many guys are looking for a gal like dat..instead of u to be happy and counting ur blessings, u are here complaining..
Wait until a serious guy snaps her from behind, may be then u'll appreciate her...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by omocheche(f): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Why dont u disscus it with her instead of coming to share it here, do u think people really care? if u find an interlligent girl and you said she has all those quality what more do u want? see none is perfect u can work on her and she will become what u want, u are not happy cos ur girl friend is not d flash type, truth is such girls are not everywere nowadays so appreciate what u ve.
This is what u get when a lady decide to go out with a boy.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by bunmila(f): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
pope732901:

I have a whole lot of intelligent questions and topic to discuss with her but it wouldn't work out.

I don't wanna be anyone's babysitter.

Thank brother, you really understand.

Sex is not the issue, our sex life is GREAT!. Would I have to take her to the beach everyday or weekend?

humm

Tell me, what has romance got to do with someone being boring? I think you should read my post again.
Well it seems to me u r nt even willing to make any effort. How is teaching her to have some fun babysitting her? I think it depends on how important the relationship is to you
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by denitro(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
All the girls I have dated, I stopped them from watching Nollywood movies
Reason: So that they can increase their IQ
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
pope732901:

But she is not fun to be with! She is intelligent, and gets very good grades at school.

But she does not say intelligent things!
I think u are a perfect unintelligent and confused couple
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by chronique(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pheeew!!

Are you saying d OP might not be intelligent?
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by chronique(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
@ Op: Can you give me that your babe & I'll give you two very exciting pretty gals in return? Condition is that: your babe must be tall,pretty n endowed. I'll handle the rest.... I'm waiting for a reply...*winks*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Discussing The Ladies Or Guys You Bleeped With Friends. / My Experience With A Badoo Girl Most Funny Convo Snapshots / Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.