Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

My Girlfriend Is So Boring - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is So Boring (25612 Views)

Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / My Girlfriend Is Afraid To Kiss: Is That Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by OILOFGLADNESS: 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
pope732901: I've been with this girl for about six months. She is actually everything I looked for in a girl - gentle, lovely, igbo, intelligent, has a lovely diction, excellently dressed, neat, and rubs my back right.

But she is not fun to be with! She is intelligent, and gets very good grades at school.

But she does not say intelligent things! She only thinks about boring things, and has no interest in any half way intellectual discussion. Her favorite activity is just staying at home and lying in bed or watching Nollywood movies. I feel like we never really say or do anything worthwhile.

Also, we never do anything really fun together, because of her lethargy. I like doing things like running, jogging,  climbing, going through bars, visiting weird stuff, trying new things but with her, her lethargy just infects me and all I want to do is chill and watch TV.

And she is the type of person that wants me to always do things with her, she expects a boyfriend and girlfriend to always spend time together. Basically, she wants to be my best friend, but is not able to intellectually interest me like my usual friends do!

She is dependent, wants me to do everything in the relationship and when I ask her, all she tells me is that "You're the guy" and it just disgust me so much because I believe in two sided relationship whereby no one is to rely on the other to take a step first. If you're in the position to do anything in the relationship, just do what comes naturally and not wait for your partner.

It's a confusing situation, what could I do?

BE SPECIFIC, I DONT THINK YOU ARE SAYING ALL THE TRUTH, I THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT SHE IS NOT INTERESDTED IN SEX. SHE IS THE RESERVED TYPE.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by odizzy: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
I dnt knw y galz dat luv watchn nigeria movies especially village movies re very boring nd acts in a local way
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by odizzy: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
190: Poster are you dating LOCAL and VILLAGE gurls like (Ta-pa-3-1)

cos Village girl's normally exhibit this kinda character,
Gbam, especially dos who luv watchn nigeria movies
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by timbros(m): 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
See people offering advice on a 2 year thread. Chances are that the relationship is long broken and both the OP and gf have gone seperate ways... And you guys are here giving advice LOL.
Well I no too blame una. Na mod wey push am enter front page I dey blame...

#Smh4NLmods
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by odizzy: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
baby.me:
From your description of her,she is an introvert. She is someone that prefers to stay indoors,procrastinate,and not ready to take any action on her own bc she is comfortable in her zone and not willing to make any mistake. But mark my words,such personality is the best with the right kind of push from a loved one.

On the other hand,you are an extrovert who likes action,and from my experience,she is the right kind of person for you bc she will slow u down where u want to move too fast and you will push her on where she tends to be too slow. Be spantenous any time u are with her,encourage her to make more friends and hang out some time. There is a great personality under that cold/boring person. Cheers wink
swt hrt i rily luv ur comment, wish i could mit u nd gv u a vry seriouse hot kiss
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by obitrac: 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
Mr..Cork:
pope732901 , errrm Brother, your girl friend aint boooring, truyss me

she just aint feeelin you!!! wink (no oofeinse)
don't mind d op and he even has d guts to say crazy things about nigerian media
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by clemmonce(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
freecocoa: Just imagine, you are boring yet you hate boring girls, smh4u.
i dont talk much does not mean i am borin for yor info. spend some time with me and u wil knw life is beautiful.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by odizzy: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
timbros: See people offering advice on a 2 year thread. Chances are that the relationship is long broken and both the OP and gf have gone seperate ways... And you guys are here giving advice LOL.
Well I no too blame una. Na mod wey push am enter front page I dey blame...

#Smh4NLmods
are u seriouse? Chai! I dn f*uck up o, wot kind of mods re dis in NL
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by odizzy: 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
redcliff:

very contradictry statement.. There is no intelligent person who has good grades in school and stays away frm intellectual discussion. One in w while the genius in her pops up cos i mean its that same genius that got her where she is academically. Liar poster. Your babe no know book.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by odizzy: 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
redcliff:

very contradictry statement.. There is no intelligent person who has good grades in school and stays away frm intellectual discussion. One in w while the genius in her pops up cos i mean its that same genius that got her where she is academically. Liar poster. Your babe no know book.
sharap jor, i hv cm across intelligent ppl who dnt lyk disscusion nd arguement
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by mrsuchechi(f): 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
dump her if you want but you might not like what you get from the next one. U want her to be wild like Rihanna or outgoing like Denrele. Be careful what u wish for cos U just might get it.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by mrsuchechi(f): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
odizzy: sharap jor, i hv cm across intelligent ppl who dnt lyk disscusion nd arguement
very true. Having good grades doesnt mean being knowledgible and fun to be with in a large number of things. Maybe all she knows is how to pass exams. Not her fault. We can not all be the same.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by kcreal(f): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
This thread is 2yrs old, I'm out.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by profeoo(m): 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
Op? Hw can ur gf be intelligent yet does nt say intelligent tins? Hw then is she intelligent,is it because of her high grades in sch? Btw,ppl may hv high grades,it doesnt rilli transla8 to intelligence,dis is 9ja,she might hv copied,runs her papers etc. Hence i put it 2u dat she aint intelligent,cos she lacks intelligent sayings. Even if she is boring,as a lively fellow,u hv 2 spice up her live. Enuciate intelligent conversations nd let her share her thoughts on them. Next, u said she luvs u both 2do tins 2geda,yet u stil told us dat she wnts u 2do almost evrythn as d man. Hw do u reconcile both statements?
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by smoothlips(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
pope732901:

But she is not fun to be with! She is intelligent, and gets very good grades at school.

But she does not say intelligent things! She only thinks about boring things, and has no interest in any half way intellectual discussion. Her favorite activity is just staying at home and lying in bed or watching Nollywood movies. I feel like we never really say or do anything worthwhile.

Also, we never do anything really fun together, because of her lethargy. I like doing things like running, jogging,  climbing, going through bars, visiting weird stuff, trying new things but with her, her lethargy just infects me and all I want to do is chill and watch TV.

And she is the type of person that wants me to always do things with her, she expects a boyfriend and girlfriend to always spend time together. Basically, she wants to be my best friend, but is not able to intellectually interest me like my usual friends do!

She is dependent, wants me to do everything in the relationship and when I ask her, all she tells me is that "You're the guy" and it just disgust me so much because I believe in two sided relationship whereby no one is to rely on the other to take a step first. If you're in the position to do anything in the relationship, just do what comes naturally and not wait for your partner.

It's a confusing situation, what could I do?
so ur d one dating my girlfriend? :-) wait till u meet my girlfriend.....she's d most boring intelligent woman in d world
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Sunnibenty: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
go nd buy funtomicine tab,giv her 2 in d mornin nd 2 at 9t.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by romanlaw(m): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
190: Poster are you dating LOCAL and VILLAGE gurls like (Ta-pa-3-1)

cos Village girl's normally exhibit this kinda character,

I think u are dumb. Whats wrong with dating a village girl. Some of them are even better of all these fake artificial women.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by andyanders: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
rokiatu: If you are soooooooooooo exciting, then teach her how to have fun.

You said it all. Teach her and put it straight to her the things you like and dislike and work out other things.Note this, No two perfect people on the face of the entire world. Both of you are coming from different background and should try to rediscover yourselves and work on those areas she is weak and she will work on the areas you are weak. You want the type that will be partying all nights with you. That aspect of intellectual discussion, build her up and make her feel good. She might turn out to be that perfect person u needed
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by hienyimba(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
guy, let me tell you a story...
i used to have a girlfriend exactly like yours. but because i loved her so much and she was so different from everyday girls we do see, i stuck with her and with time, she became one of the most fun loving persons in my life. I still believed that i kinda opened a large container in her that all the fun resided. I still remember the time when she wld always wait for me or want me to do everything first and when i start to de provock, she go say "but you'r the male here!' angry

anyway with tyme all these changed and she became totally all i wanted including those characteristics your babe get and she fine no be small. these kinda stuff usually happens when you are her first guy and she trusts you so much to always lead the way and have not started going out with bad female friends way go really show am how to have plenty plenty fun. embarassed tongue

anyway am still with that girl till n0w and why i said "i used to have a girlfriend like that" is bcus she has totally changed...and today and always when i look at her, i wonder and say to myself "God dey do am 4 u ohhh!". and because am her definition of fun, she no go spoil annd change to one badt girl like that no matter the influence. SHE IS ALSO VERY VERY INTELLIGENT grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ban Nollywood movies
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by MaziOmenuko: 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Romance section and their wahala.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by babajust: 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
you be the badst nigga
clemmonce: i dont know the advice to give but as for me i hate boring girls so much... because i dont talk much so i need a girl that talk and fun to be with not a look look babe. i am currently thinking of ending a new relationship due to that this girl dont talk much and not too expose and meee i be bad guys mo ja gan... it wont just work but still thinking
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by beylinko(m): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2013
WTF Is going on here. Stop all dis frenzy n d e-bashin. Dis thread was opened Jan 2011 n u guys are stil giving out advices. Nairaland is so funny dat dis thread made d front page afta 2 years. Are d mods sleeping or they are playiing wit our inteligence.*i'm outta here*
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
Bros don,t spoil that girl she is God sent. However,u said she likes watching films,buy ticket and take her to kino whenever their is naija premerier
Nexr time u see if u and her who will remind each other that their is a movie in kino

God bless Naija one love.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by crackhouse(m): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
if your girl is boring then you are boring too. women will always want you to talk first before they reply or get into any discussion with you. SO get it into your skull DICKHEAD!
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Cupidkc(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ds thread was opened exactly 2years ago and at that time the poster said d hav only met 6 months ago,so dt means d relationship shld b 2.6 years nw(if d arnt separated by nw).
So @poster,plz kindly tel us the position of things nw,and hw u hav kept it going since shes so boring.
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by ifecx4real: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=]OP, i feel your plight.
My ex girlfriend was dull as well. No matter how much you love them you can't change them, they're content with very little and since you're not that type of person, you'll suddenly find yourself bored. The danger is any and every girl that says anything close to exciting will start to interest you. The more interesting other girls seem the more frustrating you relationship will become you and will lash out on her often because she's a disappointment. It's hard to make these situations work because she doesn't see anything wrong with her character, and in reality there's nothing wrong with it, she's laid back. You can learn to except it and find excitement elsewhere like with friends etc, because any girl you find after her will have a problem too and you'll have to learn to deal with them as well, or you can leave her because you're just going to get angry and frustrated and treat her unfairly.

If you decide you love her you have to set that boundary that she's not you 'friend' in the same sense as others and isn't the person to go to for exciting things. I do warn you, exciting girls aren't 'personal'. They behave like public property. Constantly needing to be around groups of people, or on the phone, leaving little to no time for the two of you to be together and enjoy each other. They can also be very mentally immature from my experience and what you may perceive as exciting in a women may really immaturity and wrecklessness most of the time.

Your girlfriend is what psychology calls an introvert. This means she doesn't need the 'excitement' of others to have fun. Where you 'gain' energy from 'doing things' and being around people, an introvert loses energy from doing these things. She may say things like "I don't like too much noise" "I don't like being around too many people" or seem detached from the moment in public settings. They would rather talk to one person at a time and can entertainment themselves without the assistance of other people (such as watching movies). Introverts are typically very intelligent so your theory about her being intelligent isn't wrong. Introverts aren't 'dull' though, it's actually the opposite. They're easily excited by their own thoughts, and too much excitement such as doing the things you listed you like to do is overtly stimulating to them. Introverts are hard to bore but may do things others find boring. It's not a rare or bad thing, half of the people in the world are introverts and they're said to typically be highly successful, intelligent, and innovative. You simply have to learn how to understand her and deal with her differently if you want to stay. If you don't you'll become angry and erratic from frustration. As an introvert, simply spending time with you may be all she needs to be excited, and this isn't a bad thing, once you run into a bizzy body woman, you'll see that she's a blessing.
Note: If you find a subject that interests introverts their energy levels skyrocket and they can talk for hours non stop. [/quote]

What a comment, 5star. And so true
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by dapsonlou(m): 4:54am On Jan 11, 2013
if the girl is boring, so why did you waste her time for 6months? let he go, go find what you are looking for
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by pobosky20(m): 5:32am On Jan 11, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
well,i feel ur pains man,thats why u r a man,u should pray hard to God and find a way of encouraging her to get along with u(make her blend well).
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2013
thweraja10: Bro i know how you feel its like she doesnt want sex, if you think she is boring spend money take her out, you cant be out on a beach and be boring infact when you spoil her with good thing she will not only jug she will run with you on the beach.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
very true
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 11, 2013
rokiatu:
Did you even understand my question, or are you as dull as her as well I mean take her out there, get her out of the house, try to bring spice into her life.

You are her bf after all, and you know your gf life is boring what are u doing abt it? Why are you her bf after all undecided
Abi o
Re: My Girlfriend Is So Boring by Goldenheart(m): 8:28am On Jan 11, 2013
rokiatu:
Did you even understand my question, or are you as dull as her as well I mean take her out there, get her out of the house, try to bring spice into her life.

You are her bf after all, and you know your gf life is boring what are u doing abt it? Why are you her bf after all undecided
lol.....i wonder o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Discussing The Ladies Or Guys You Bleeped With Friends. / My Experience With A Badoo Girl Most Funny Convo Snapshots / Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.