Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (44474 Views)

How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS / I Nominated Akerele As Chief Of Staff But He Betrayed Obaseki – Chief Idahosa / DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nemere2020: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2020
The Chief of Staff to Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Mr. Taiwo Akerele, has resigned.

His resignation, The PUNCH gathered was not unconnected with the lingering crisis between the Governor and the APC National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

In his resignation letter dated 25th April 2020, Akerele said; “My decision to exit the government is based on administrative and governance grounds.

“I am solidly with His excellency Mr Godwin Obaseki in his quest to transform Edo state. His mission and vision resonate with mine.

“This is all I have to say, I will like to be given the opportunity to go private as I part ways administratively with the government based on principles.

“I thank his excellency for the opportunity given to me to serve in this capacity and also thanks to His Royal Majesty, Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II for his immense leadership and support during the period I served in this capacity. May his reign be long and peaceful. Amen.”

https://punchng.com/obasekis-chief-of-staff-resigns/

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by donbachi(m): 9:47am On Apr 25, 2020
Resigned..for a juicy federal appointment..tell us dat..cos no nigerian politician fit resign his/her position..e no possible.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by manuel4real(m): 10:01am On Apr 25, 2020
undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by dokyOloye: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2020
Obaseki will retire Oshiomole from politics.
Das all

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by unnknown: 10:09am On Apr 25, 2020
Well done, CoS.

6 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by goldenboyofpsy(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Due to our moral decadeness,it's strange to see political office holders resign even when they have failed woefully in the position they held..

I think we need to work on this ideology.... There must be checks to exit an individual who fails to deliver yet he gets paid for just being a figure head......

Meanwhile,obaseki should focus on good governance and stop throwing resources of the state meant for development to fight enemies...

He was elected to add values to life not to show strength,power and superiority.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stanech: 10:18am On Apr 25, 2020
dokyOloye:
Obaseki will retire Oshiomole from politics.
Das all

I'm in Edo state and will tell you that it will not be easy for Obaseki. Oshomole owns and control the grassroot politicians

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by seunmsg(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

I'm in Edo state and will tell you that it will not be easy for Obaseki. Oshomole owns and control the grassroot politicians

Really? I always think you are in the US considering how you carry Donald Trump’s matter on your head everywhere. grin grin grin

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Salvador1: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Really? I always think you are in the US considering how you carry Donald Trump’s matter on your head everywhere. grin grin grin
he has waken up

See how he rush to quote the guy cos he spoke what gives you orgasm.

Receive sense

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by seunmsg(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2020
Salvador1:
he has waken up

See how he rush to quote the guy cos he spoke what gives you orgasm.

Receive sense

You’re talking nonsense.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stanech: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2020
seunmsg:

So? Who no dey US no fit talk about Trump ? Park well joor

26 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by ignis: 11:24am On Apr 25, 2020
The hidden truth will be exposed soon.

4 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Blaze232(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://punchng.com/obasekis-chief-of-staff-resigns/
E better make other people see road enter
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Bighead9: 11:25am On Apr 25, 2020
Oshiomole at work. Obaşeki should kiss his second term bye bye. grin grin

God bless Oshiomole my mentor. angry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
Al
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by lekki1444: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
that nigga said ' fork this shit. am out. I aint dealing with obasekis bullcrap no mo '

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by GboyegaD(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
He has his reasons however, I am sure his resignation will raise speculations that might damage his reputation particularly with him saying it is on administrative grounds. Glad to see someone step down though, but what I do not understand is why if his visions and missions resonates with him.

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Modsfav: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
hehehe, he the fear chief of staff office ni

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Hemanwel(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2020
Why is it that anywhere I see Chief of Staff, the late Abba Kyari comes to mind?

BTW:

I am a fan of good governance and accountability. If his resignation will usher-in peace, growth and development in the State, I have my signet ring on his resignation.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by bencarson007(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2020
Something is fishy

4 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Evergreen4(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2020
He can go. Obaseki has done well as a governor. I think he deserves another 4 year. If yahaya bello of kogi state who is one of worst governors in Nigeria could get second term ticket unopposed , them obaseki deserves it too because he's 1000 times better than Bello.

26 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by lekki1444: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2020
so obasekis chief of sstaff was a yoruba man. he sounds like a detribalised man

7 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2020
Na so

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by BruncleZuma: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2020
Maka why kwanu?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by wilemer: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2020
Nemera2020:
The Chief of Staff to Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Mr. Taiwo Akerele, has resigned.
His resignation, The PUNCH gathered was not unconnected with the lingering crisis between the Governor and the APC National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

In his resignation letter dated 25th April 2020, Akerele said; “My decision to exit the government is based on administrative and governance grounds.

bad timing

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by airminem(f): 11:29am On Apr 25, 2020
Fvck oshiomole

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Stephendeals: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

like the grassroot politicians who approved his suspension in his ward?

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eko Gold Coin: A World-class Gold Mine In Osun State (Photos) / "No More Sit At Home"—Enugu Residents Protest Against Criminals Enforcing It / Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.