Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (44516 Views)

How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS / I Nominated Akerele As Chief Of Staff But He Betrayed Obaseki – Chief Idahosa / DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by apex8145: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by PentiumPro(f): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
PapaBaby:
What was Obaseki thinking when he made a Yoruba man his chief of staff?

The fact that yorubas don’t shout about it doesn’t mean there are no yorubas in Edo state, like the Akoko-Edo folks

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by GboyegaD(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
frankson1:

They keep making same mistake.

After saying that his resignation is based on administrative and governance. It means that there were issues.

And here comes the mistake: the governor's vision and mission resonates(resonate is when two things move in unison) with his.

So he should have been happier if it was the second because they would have had same mind and understood each other with ease.

Yeah, we are on same page. That is why I am asking why since he said their vision resonates.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by seunmsg(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dantedasz:

People from Akoko Edo in Edo state bear Yoruba names.

They don’t just bear Yoruba names, they are Yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by apex5203: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by seunmsg(m): 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2020
Isoduwa:

Check map Edo state dey inside USA MAP

See this One how you be dey look B-Side before?

I been they think say na inside Biafra map e dey before o. tongue
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by LegendHero(m): 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
Asaimuede:
he is igarra man from akoko Edo in Edo North

Yeah Igarra people speak Yoruba especially the older generation.

I did my field trip in that town some years ago and those Iya & Baba spoke Yoruba to us. But I’m not sure the younger generations speak Yoruba like that.

I miss that town.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by apex8014: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Basher8583: 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
GboyegaD:
He has his reasons however, I am sure his resignation will raise speculations that might damage his reputation particularly with him saying it is on administrative grounds. Glad to see someone step down though, but what I do not understand is why if his visions and missions resonates with him.

Vision and mission might resonate while method of aproach might not.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Salisu19(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
Na so,truth no dey lie...
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Harrynight(m): 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
goldenboyofpsy:
Due to our moral decadeness,it's strange to see political office holders resign even when they have failed woefully in the position they held..

I think we need to work on this ideology.... There must be checks to exit an individual who fails to deliver yet he gets paid for just being a figure head......

Meanwhile,obaseki should focus on good governance and stop throwing resources of the state meant for development to fight enemies...

He was elected to add values to life not to show strength,power and superiority.

Someone in Abuja is getting paid and looting massively and he's just serving as a figure head
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Stephendeals: 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

Watch and see. Obaseki will soon discover that he is alone

Politics is also a game of number, the assertion the person posited was wrong and i gave clear example, in politics there is no permanent friend or foe, so the 'grassroot politicians' will always swing to the side that is favourable for them.
Alot of Politicians have lost election at their ward level so to assume someone is a grassroot puller when evidence is showing otherwise is not okay.

With this very action of his CoS it is possible there is a crack in Obaseki camp so anything can happen.
#StaySafe #Shalom
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
mytime24:
na only wetin u abi b dat angry
Yes ma
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by bishopmc(m): 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nawa o

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stanech: 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
Stephendeals:

Politics is also a game of number, the assertion the person posited was wrong and i gave clear example, in politics there is no permanent friend or foe, so the 'grassroot politicians' will always swing to the side that is favourable for them.
Alot of Politicians have lost election at their ward level so to assume someone is a grassroot puller when evidence is showing otherwise is not okay.

With this very action of his CoS it is possible there is a crack in Obaseki camp so anything can happen.
#StaySafe #Shalom

Exactly. I have carefully observed the situation in Edo state and Obaseki is not in control. Trust me he's not.

3 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by back2sender: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hemanwel:
Why is it that anywhere I see Chief of Staff, the late Abba Kyari comes to mind?

BTW:

I am a fan of good governance and accountability. If his resignation will usher-in peace, growth and development in the State, I have my signet ring on his resignation.

Maybe Akerele might be the new COS to our darling father.

A great combo!!!
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Onucs(m): 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
one COS dies another one is resigning. are you guys thinking what am thinking? undecided
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by naijadefender: 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
The truth is that as at this afternoon, the Governor is yet to accept the resignation and will not...sources say the fight is not connected with Oshiomole but is between the trio of deputy gov, SSG and Chief of staff over COVID-19 funds.

According to the source, the COS alleges that he was sidelined by the dep gov and SSG, therefore in a bid to ventilate his anger he has resigned to get the attention of the Governor. The drama is still unfolding.

Mind you the COS is from Akoko Edo, Edo North has not a yoruba man as insinuated by some folks here

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dantedasz(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Do they agree they are Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dantedasz(m): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Do they agree/accept they are Yoruba?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stormborn28(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
airminem:
Fvck oshiomole
yes oooooo... Oshiomole dey Fvck well well that is why he married the young Lara lady

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stormborn28(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
naijadefender:
The truth is that as at this afternoon, the Governor is yet to accept the resignation and will not...sources say the fight is not connected with Oshiomole but is between the trio of deputy gov, SSG and Chief of staff over COVID-19 funds.

According to the source, the COS alleges that he was sidelined by the dep gov and SSG, therefore in a bid to ventilate his anger he has resigned to get the attention of the Governor. The drama is still unfolding.

Mind you the COS is from Akoko Edo, Edo North has not a yoruba man as insinuated by some folks here
hmmmmm
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by seunmsg(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dantedasz:

Do they agree they are Yoruba?

Do they say they are not?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Prechgold1180(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

I'm in Edo state and will tell you that it will not be easy for Obaseki. Oshomole owns and control the grassroot politicians
mumu am in same Edo state
Oshiomole controls nothing
D only set obaseki needs to make peace wit is Tony kabaka
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by JohnnyPalmer: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
donbachi:
Resigned..for a juicy federal appointment..tell us dat..cos no nigerian politician fit resign his/her position..e no possible.

Hmmmm
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by DTaj: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
so obasekis chief of sstaff was a yoruba man. he sounds like a detribalised man

Yoi gotit wrong. Akerele might be Yoruba, but he is from Akoko-Edo area of Edo State. It says nothing about Obaseki being detribalised.

The most detribalised cabinet in Nigeria is Lagos State, from the administration of Tinubu in 1999, till today. Their (Lagos) cabinets always had/have non-indigenes, including Igbos and Hausas.

The current Lagos cabinet has an Igbo as Special Adviser and a Northerner as Commissioner. You can't try it in many states- the elites and the common people will revolt and tell the person his parental history...
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by DTaj: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
fairfora:
Its hard to defeat the incumbent. It could only happen in my lagos where godfatherism prevails. There's none in Edo as far as I know. He would win the 2nd term...I can bet with any amount.

Not true!

1. Gov.Mala Kachalla, as incumbent Governor of Borno State, was defeated by Ali Modu Sherif and he thus lost a 2nd term opportunity. He died shortly after.

2. Gov. Mohammed Lawal, as incumbent Governor of Kwara State, was defeated by Bukola Saraki and he thus lost a 2nd term opportunity. He also died shortly after.

3. Gov. Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso, as incumbent Governor of Kano State, was defeated by retired School Principal, Ibrahim Shekarau, and he thus lost a 2nd term opportunity.

You did not need to write a lie about Lagos State and Tinubu to make your point...

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Asiwaju9ja(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
so obasekis chief of sstaff was a yoruba man. he sounds like a detribalised man

Na Edo man. From Akoko-Edo.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dansuqi: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
fairfora:
Its hard to defeat the incumbent. It could only happen in my lagos where godfatherism prevails. There's none in Edo as far as I know. He would win the 2nd term...I can bet with any amount.
It happened in Adamawa,bauchi and has been happening before.if obaseki doesn't win the apc primaries,its over
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dansuqi: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
Mires:
Mr CoS, you should have learnt some lessons using the last Gubernatorial election in Bayelsa. Several if not all appointees of Dickson resigned. That didn't stop Dickson camp from being the winning team today
But they actually lost at the battlefield

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II Arrives Lugard's House, Kaduna 1956 (Throwback Photo) / Amputee Hawker Apologizes To Nigerians For Lying; Accuses Her Grandma For ...... / 'APC One-Million-Man March In Abuja Not Up To 2k People' - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.