Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (44510 Views)

How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS / I Nominated Akerele As Chief Of Staff But He Betrayed Obaseki – Chief Idahosa / DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by oakphil: 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bighead9:
Oshiomole at work. Obaşeki should kiss his second term bye bye. grin grin

God bless Oshiomole my mentor. angry

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dollabiz: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by ttobizz(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2020
Traitor!
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stanech: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
Prechgold1180:
mumu am in same Edo state
Oshiomole controls nothing
D only set obaseki needs to make peace wit is Tony kabaka

Idiot. I do not like Oshomole but Obaseki did not play his cards right. He is out already
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Miracle1991: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
Why is it that anybody supported by ipob never win
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by 13october: 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
so obasekis chief of sstaff was a yoruba man. he sounds like a detribalised man

You mean Yoruba no dey Edo abih?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by akdjr(m): 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
You absolutely have no knowledge about their history at all...... I am from there too but I will leave you with your ignorance. quote author=DeLaRue post=88834184]

Some people from Akoko-Edo local government bear Yoruba names. It shares a border with Ondo State.

The forebears of those with Yoruba surnames were Yorubas and will have spoken the language, but many of the current generation can't speak Yoruba at all. The connection is mostly lost. They are Edo folks now.
[/quote]
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Prechgold1180(m): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

Idiot. I do not like Oshomole but Obaseki did not play his cards right. He is out already
der dere dey deceive ur grandfather
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by RunThins: 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
naijadefender:
The truth is that as at this afternoon, the Governor is yet to accept the resignation and will not...sources say the fight is not connected with Oshiomole but is between the trio of deputy gov, SSG and Chief of staff over COVID-19 funds.

According to the source, the COS alleges that he was sidelined by the dep gov and SSG, therefore in a bid to ventilate his anger he has resigned to get the attention of the Governor. The drama is still unfolding.

Mind you the COS is from Akoko Edo, Edo North has not a yoruba man as insinuated by some folks here

I thank you for providing us more info on this. However, if the CoS has to tender his resignation to draw the attention of his principal to the only important thing --a matter of life and death, world over at the moment, the only thing that truly matters now--doesn't that prove that the governor is in over his head.

If the CoS has to turn to theatrics to have the governor look into the issue of money meant for corona virus, what would the average edo electorate need to do to get the governor's attention?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dantedasz(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Do they say they are not?

The ones I've talked to vehemently say they are not.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

It happened in Adamawa,bauchi and has been happening before.if obaseki doesn't win the apc primaries,its over
you're right. I never said it's IMPOSSIBLE . I said it's HARD.

In adamawa, the people loved Atiku. He was vying for presidency under the pdp. The guber candidate won under his influence. Dont forget same scenario played out when Atiku declared for the APC before the going became messy and he pulled out.

In Bauchi, bala Muhammad wasn't a magician. In fact, he didn't have the power or resources to tackle the incumbent who belonged to the ruling party. But bala was loved by his people and the rest was history.

In zamfara, the case get 'k' leg and you know what happened. It was a different scenario which didn't have anything to do with love or preference. They had issues during primaries.

Back to obaseki, ask any edo man or woman today, they'll tell you they're for obaseki and not any candidate else. Ize iyamu is also an edo man but people overwhelmingly support obaseki in edo state. Here in lagos when ambode was doing his own thing, the people reacted. The primary didn't go in his favour as planned by the godfather whom a large section of lagosians see as a political figure to be reckoned with. I recall when fashola was having a similar feud with Tinubu back then. Tinubu threatened to stop him from contesting again and lagosians said no way! That even if he crossed to any party and picked their ticket, they would vote him and he would win. Tinubu was scared and just allowed him to do the second term...it was because of the love we had for him. The beef still continued during the choice of minister. Tinubu didnt pick fashola but baba said he preferred Fashola and that ended the case.

Obaseki is a man of the people in edo. If primary doesn't favour him under the apc, he would leave the party and pick a ticket under a other party...that is very clear and he would win, not because he has all the money to throw around. Edo people love him and that alone is key.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by yaki84: 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Really? I always think you are in the US considering how you carry Donald Trump’s matter on your head everywhere. grin grin grin
Una no go kee person for here.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
DTaj:

Not true!

1. Gov.Mala Kachalla, as incumbent Governor of Borno State, was defeated by Ali Modu Sherif and he thus lost a 2nd term opportunity. He died shortly after.

2. Gov. Mohammed Lawal, as incumbent Governor of Kwara State, was defeated by Bukola Saraki and he thus lost a 2nd term opportunity. He also died shortly after.

3. Gov. Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso, as incumbent Governor of Kano State, was defeated by retired School Principal, Ibrahim Shekarau, and he thus lost a 2nd term opportunity.

You did not need to write a lie about Lagos State and Tinubu to make your point...

what is lie about lagos state? You didnt even mention adamawa and bauchi where same scenario played out. I never said it's impossible. This is a reason people...I mean many people fail english woefully in their first attempt and another reason Buhari call many Nigerian youths lazy. In my comment, I said its HARD which is different from IMPOSSIBLE which could have warranted your post..

Many factors could play out when the incumbent is defeated.

Firstly, If the people don't like your style of governance, you would be booted out of power, regardless of your power or influence. That's what happened in bauchi state.

Secondly, political influence plays a major role in who becomes what. In adamawa state when Atiku switched to the apc, the apc guber candidate won. Again when he was vying for presidency, the pdp candidate in the state won. He didn't win because of popularity or love expressed by his pople but won under Atiku's influence.

In edo state, as an ordinary man in the street about obaseki. They'd tell you whom they'd vote...and it's not that ize iyamu isn't an edo man too but because they love obaseki, same way they loved oshio baba as fondly called back then when ize iyamu challenged him. Even if obaseki lost out at the primaries which is likely, he would win if he contests under any party he goes to. This is not about raining insults it's a reality and if in doubt, we shall meet again and share our thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by MrPaul2: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
fairfora:
what is lie about lagos state? You didnt even mention adamawa and bauchi where same scenario played out. I never said it's impossible. This is a reason people...I mean many people fail english woefully in their first attempt and another reason Buhari call many Nigerian youths lazy. In my comment, I said its HARD which is different from IMPOSSIBLE which could have warranted your post..

Many factors could play out when the incumbent is defeated.

Firstly, If the people don't like your style of governance, you would be booted out of power, regardless of your power or influence. That's what happened in bauchi state.

Secondly, political influence plays a major role in who becomes what. In adamawa state when Atiku switched to the apc, the apc guber candidate won. Again when he was vying for presidency, the pdp candidate in the state won. He didn't win because of popularity or love expressed by his pople but won under Atiku's influence.

In edo state, as an ordinary man in the street about obaseki. They'd tell you whom they'd vote...and it's not that ize iyamu isn't an edo man too but because they love obaseki, same way they loved oshio baba as fondly called back then when ize iyamu challenged him. Even if obaseki lost out at the primaries which is likely, he would win if he contests under any party he goes to. This is not about raining insults it's a reality and if in doubt, we shall meet again and share our thoughts.

You are very correct, what surprises me the most is; people who don't even know what is happening in Edo state go about with wrong notion that Obaseki will fail. But the truth is, APC will be kicked out if Obaseki did not win primary. And if that happens it bye bye to APC in Edo state except they will Ring the election you know the advocate of one man one vote from Edo state is known for violation of rules and regulations which he laid.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by MrPaul2: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

Its not about playing the right card, Oshomole would have still kick him out if he decides to play the boy card, because he would not allow him to work, then turn and call him a failure which everyone would have buy into. That Ex Governor is subtle, if you can, ask late Anthony Anini and his deputy
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by HornyTave: 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
PentiumPro:

The fact that yorubas don’t shout about it doesn’t mean there are no yorubas in Edo state, like the Akoko-Edo folks

The Akoko Edos are not yorubas, they're known as OKPAMERI. they share border with Ondo and Kogi state and yoruba language is common but they have their own language.

In Okpameri we have Ibilo, Imoga, Igara, Ipkeshi, Emen, Makeke, Ojiramin etc, each has a unique language and a general language that's not yoruba.

so there are like 4 languages spoken in that area

1. English
2. Yoruba
3. Okpameri
4. their individual language.

incase you want to argue, I know Akoko edo very well, From their boundary with Etsako to Somorika and ogoni magogo in kogi
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by HornyTave: 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
seunmsg:

They don’t just bear Yoruba names, they are Yorubas.

Before I start with you name 10 towns in Akoko edo or, what's 30Naira in Akoko edo language?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by PentiumPro(f): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
HornyTave:

The Akoko Edos are not yorubas, they're known as OKPAMERI. they share border with Ondo and Kogi state and yoruba language is common but they have their own language.

In Okpameri we have Ibilo, Imoga, Igara, Ipkeshi, Emen, Makeke, Ojiramin etc, each has a unique language and a general language that's not yoruba.

so there are like 4 languages spoken in that area

1. English
2. Yoruba
3. Okpameri
4. their individual language.

incase you want to argue, I know Akoko edo very well, From their boundary with Etsako to Somorika and ogoni magogo in kogi

Ok. I don’t argue unnecessarily
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by HornyTave: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
PentiumPro:

Ok. I don’t argue unnecessarily
shhh, pass, you don't have any point.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by PentiumPro(f): 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
HornyTave:

shhh, pass, you don't have any point.

Your father don’t have a point
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by HornyTave: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
PentiumPro:

Your father don’t have a point
You sound mentally disturbed..
What's up? Oh i almost forgot, akamu water.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
Princewell2012:

Lol so you don't know that Edo state is part of Yoruba?
no Edo state isn't part of Yoruba. It's not only an ignorant statement but it's also insulting to Edo people
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by PentiumPro(f): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
HornyTave:

You sound mentally disturbed..

What's up? Oh i almost forgot, akamu water.

Like I said earlier, ask your mother that same question, she will tell you how your father has been messing her up

HornyIdiot
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by HornyTave: 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
wink
PentiumPro:

Like I said earlier, ask your mother that same question, she will tell you how your father has been messing her up

HornyIdiot

Were you sexually abused by your parent as a kid?

or you were gang banged by both your parents and extended family? how were your moans like? was it soft or loud? did you scream your dad's name when he was thrusting? I'd like the full story smiley
PentiumPro:

HornyIdiot

or you were gang banged by both your parents and extended family? how were your moans like? was it soft or loud? did you scream your dad's name when he was thrusting? I'd like the full story
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by PentiumPro(f): 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
HornyTave:
wink

or you were gang banged by both your parents and extended family? how were your moans like? was it soft or loud? did you scream your dad's name when he was thrusting? I'd like the full story smiley

or you were gang banged by both your parents and extended family? how were your moans like? was it soft or loud? did you scream your dad's name when he was thrusting? I'd like the full story

It got to the skin of this idiot, he started to stammer like a Covid-19 ravaged Ewu grin

Sit down your mother tonite for a heart to heart talk about who is actually your father
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Mires: 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

But they actually lost at the battlefield

Bro o, which party has the incumbent Governor? Penalty is not a goal in football?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by HornyTave: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
PentiumPro:

It got to the skin of this idiot, he started to stammer like a Covid-19 ravaged Ewu grin

Sit down your mother tonite for a heart to heart talk about who is actually your father

Our tradition has taken care of that sweetie, now the full story of your incest molestation?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dansuqi: 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
Mires:

Bro o, which party has the incumbent Governor? Penalty is not a goal in football?
Without going to court,who for win
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by PentiumPro(f): 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
HornyTave:

Our tradition has taken care of that sweetie, now the full story of your incest molestation?

Nope, until you tell us the full story of how your mother cheated to have you
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dansuqi: 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
fairfora:
you're right. I never said it's IMPOSSIBLE . I said it's HARD.

In adamawa, the people loved Atiku. He was vying for presidency under the pdp. The guber candidate won under his influence. Dont forget same scenario played out when Atiku declared for the APC before the going became messy and he pulled out.

In Bauchi, bala Muhammad wasn't a magician. In fact, he didn't have the power or resources to tackle the incumbent who belonged to the ruling party. But bala was loved by his people and the rest was history.

In zamfara, the case get 'k' leg and you know what happened. It was a different scenario which didn't have anything to do with love or preference. They had issues during primaries.

Back to obaseki, ask any edo man or woman today, they'll tell you they're for obaseki and not any candidate else. Ize iyamu is also an edo man but people overwhelmingly support obaseki in edo state. Here in lagos when ambode was doing his own thing, the people reacted. The primary didn't go in his favour as planned by the godfather whom a large section of lagosians see as a political figure to be reckoned with. I recall when fashola was having a similar feud with Tinubu back then. Tinubu threatened to stop him from contesting again and lagosians said no way! That even if he crossed to any party and picked their ticket, they would vote him and he would win. Tinubu was scared and just allowed him to do the second term...it was because of the love we had for him. The beef still continued during the choice of minister. Tinubu didnt pick fashola but baba said he preferred Fashola and that ended the case.

Obaseki is a man of the people in edo. If primary doesn't favour him under the apc, he would leave the party and pick a ticket under a other party...that is very clear and he would win, not because he has all the money to throw around. Edo people love him and that alone is key.

Atiku is not loved by Adamawa people.he has struggled to control Adamawa since 2003.if he is loved,he would not lose his unit,he will win massively the way makinde did in Oyo,the way apc did in kwara,the way buhari does in kano and katsina,the way Lyon smashed diri.atiku won buhari by just 30,000 votes.buhari actually won more lgas.before the guber poll,majority of apc chieftains were against bindowo the then governor including Aisha.only boss mustapha was with him so him winning was always going to be almost impossible..

Same scenario happened in bauchi.majority of apc chieftains right from 2015 after the elections were against abubakar.even when dogara was in apc,he was against him.it got worse after the apc guber primaries.heavyweights who lost in the primaries like Ali pate,yakubu lame clearly allied with pdp to remove abubakar.out of the 20 LGAs,apc won 13,pdp won 7.and out of that 7 pdp won,it won 6 by margins less than 5000 but won bauchi LGA with about 50,000 margin which settled the matter.you cannot say that he was loved.it was clearly a bipartisan gangup and he won by just 20,000 votes.
Governor bala Mohammed is not a poor man as you think.he is stinkingly rich,he was former fct minister and looted billions.he was on efcc list,his sons have severally displayed millions of naira on social media and drives luxurious cars.efcc have picked them severally.

I never cited zamfara.what happened to ambode will likely befall obaseki.he cannot win outside apc.he has performed well and is loved but not loved overwhelmingly like fashola.he's not politically as solid as you think.Adams still has a lot of political influence.
I am a guru in electoral matters,take it from me that he will lose outside apc.ize iyamu his likely opponent is equally popular and also from Benin like Godwin.whoever wins here will do so narrowly.same thing will happen I'm Edo central.In Edo north,oshio holds sway and will rout anybody there
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Princewell2012(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
no Edo state isn't part of Yoruba. It's not only an ignorant statement but it's also insulting to Edo people
Eenn tell me something. So how come they re bearing a yoruba names? I have friends called Dele and another one is called Adepoju my class mate from secondery school and both of them were from Edo state, i mean a tipical one for that mather. one dont even understand yoruba while the other can speak better. Let it not be you who is ignorant of this instead.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
Princewell2012:

Eenn tell me something. So how come they re bearing a yoruba names? I have friends called Dele and another one is called Adepoju my class mate from secondery school and both of them were from Edo state, i mean a tipical one for that mather. one dont even understand yoruba while the other can speak better. Let it not be you who is ignorant of this instead.
I've a friend too in Lagos who bear a Benin name so Lagos is Edo land.

Even oba of Lagos admitted it, some Lagos areass bear edoid names so Lagos is an Edo land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amputee Hawker Apologizes To Nigerians For Lying; Accuses Her Grandma For ...... / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Unemployed Nigerians / Women Throw Their Wrappers For Nnamdu Kanu To Walk On (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.