Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (44512 Views)

How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS / I Nominated Akerele As Chief Of Staff But He Betrayed Obaseki – Chief Idahosa / DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by airminem(f): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

You have to type this all on caps shows how brain damaged you are
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

Atiku is not loved by Adamawa people.he has struggled to control Adamawa since 2003.if he is loved,he would not lose his unit,he will win massively the way makinde did in Oyo,the way apc did in kwara,the way buhari does in kano and katsina,the way Lyon smashed diri.atiku won buhari by just 30,000 votes.buhari actually won more lgas.before the guber poll,majority of apc chieftains were against bindowo the then governor including Aisha.only boss mustapha was with him so him winning was always going to be almost impossible..

Same scenario happened in bauchi.majority of apc chieftains right from 2015 after the elections were against abubakar.even when dogara was in apc,he was against him.it got worse after the apc guber primaries.heavyweights who lost in the primaries like Ali pate,yakubu lame clearly allied with pdp to remove abubakar.out of the 20 LGAs,apc won 13,pdp won 7.and out of that 7 pdp won,it won 6 by margins less than 5000 but won bauchi LGA with about 50,000 margin which settled the matter.you cannot say that he was loved.it was clearly a bipartisan gangup and he won by just 20,000 votes.
Governor bala Mohammed is not a poor man as you think.he is stinkingly rich,he was former fct minister and looted billions.he was on efcc list,his sons have severally displayed millions of naira on social media and drives luxurious cars.efcc have picked them severally.

I never cited zamfara.what happened to ambode will likely befall obaseki.he cannot win outside apc.he has performed well and is loved but not loved overwhelmingly like fashola.he's not politically as solid as you think.Adams still has a lot of political influence.
I am a guru in electoral matters,take it from me that he will lose outside apc.ize iyamu his likely opponent is equally popular and also from Benin like Godwin.whoever wins here will do so narrowly.same thing will happen I'm Edo central.In Edo north,oshio holds sway and will rout anybody there
Good. Let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Dansuqi: 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
fairfora:
Good. Let's keep our fingers crossed
Why is the recovery rate in lagos slowing down
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stanech: 11:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
airminem:
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Oh now you are going to take the moral high ground, mumu.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by airminem(f): 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
stanech:

Oh now you are going to take the moral high ground, mumu.
CALL ME WHATEVE. I RESPECT YOU CAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN IN NAIRALAND SINCE 2006. SENIOR MEMBER HONOUR NA YOU GET AM. NO PERSON GO CALL YOU MUMU AGAIN IN JESUS NAME...(say amen?)
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by alen4smith(m): 4:28am On Apr 26, 2020
stanech:

I'm in Edo state and will tell you that it will not be easy for Obaseki. Oshomole owns and control the grassroot politicians
just leave that one make he dey blab.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Qwertychiva: 4:50am On Apr 26, 2020
stanech:

I'm in Edo state and will tell you that it will not be easy for Obaseki. Oshomole owns and control the grassroot politicians
lie upon lie. everybody know osho as a criminal
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stanech: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2020
airminem:
CALL ME WHATEVE. I RESPECT YOU CAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN IN NAIRALAND SINCE 2006. SENIOR MEMBER HONOUR NA YOU GET AM. NO PERSON GO CALL YOU MUMU AGAIN IN JESUS NAME...(say amen?)
wink smiley undecided
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by stanech: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2020
Qwertychiva:
lie upon lie. everybody know osho as a criminal

Of cos. Even me self know. But Obas dey fall hand

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by dammiecool(m): 9:57am On Apr 26, 2020
lekki1444:
so obasekis chief of sstaff was a yoruba man. he sounds like a detribalised man
So u dont knw we have indigenous yorubas in edo state
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 26, 2020
DeLaRue:

Some people from Akoko-Edo local government bear Yoruba names. It shares a border with Ondo State.

The forebears of those with Yoruba surnames were Yorubas and will have spoken the language, but many of the current generation can't speak Yoruba at all. The connection is mostly lost. They are Edo folks now.
You're wrong. Taiwo Akerele (and his twin brother, Kehinde) are Igbira (Ebira) from Akoko Edo LGA in Edo north. They're part of the Igbira communities that cut into Edo State while the majority of Igbira people are inside Kogi state. Igbira people are not yoruba but just like okun people (in Kogi west), Awori in Lagos + several other ethnicities, their language is a yoruba based language - every bit like yoruba and sometimes, it's even like they're speaking yoruba and their names are yoruba names all the way. I know very many of them.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by moderatedguy: 10:46am On Apr 26, 2020
handie:
How much are you willing to stake?
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by 2mch(m): 10:51am On Apr 26, 2020
EmmaFantastic:

You're wrong. Taiwo Akerele (and his twin brother, Kehinde) are Igbira (Ebira) from Akoko Edo LGA in Edo north. They're part of the Igbira communities that cut into Edo State while the majority of Igbira people are inside Kogi state. Igbira people are not yoruba but just like okun people (in Kogi west), Awori in Lagos + several other ethnicities, their language is a yoruba based language - every bit like yoruba and sometimes, it's even like they're speaking yoruba and their names are yoruba names all the way. I know very many of them.
That’s a lie. Akoko Edo is filled with Yoruba’s who were cut into Edo state. There are some Igbiras but mostly Yoruba descendants.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by moderatedguy: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2020
fairfora:
you're right. I never said it's IMPOSSIBLE . I said it's HARD.

In adamawa, the people loved Atiku. He was vying for presidency under the pdp. The guber candidate won under his influence. Dont forget same scenario played out when Atiku declared for the APC before the going became messy and he pulled out.

In Bauchi, bala Muhammad wasn't a magician. In fact, he didn't have the power or resources to tackle the incumbent who belonged to the ruling party. But bala was loved by his people and the rest was history.

In zamfara, the case get 'k' leg and you know what happened. It was a different scenario which didn't have anything to do with love or preference. They had issues during primaries.

Back to obaseki, ask any edo man or woman today, they'll tell you they're for obaseki and not any candidate else. Ize iyamu is also an edo man but people overwhelmingly support obaseki in edo state. Here in lagos when ambode was doing his own thing, the people reacted. The primary didn't go in his favour as planned by the godfather whom a large section of lagosians see as a political figure to be reckoned with. I recall when fashola was having a similar feud with Tinubu back then. Tinubu threatened to stop him from contesting again and lagosians said no way! That even if he crossed to any party and picked their ticket, they would vote him and he would win. Tinubu was scared and just allowed him to do the second term...it was because of the love we had for him. The beef still continued during the choice of minister. Tinubu didnt pick fashola but baba said he preferred Fashola and that ended the case.

Obaseki is a man of the people in edo. If primary doesn't favour him under the apc, he would leave the party and pick a ticket under a other party...that is very clear and he would win, not because he has all the money to throw around. Edo people love him and that alone is key.
Well said
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by damade16(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2020
dokyOloye:
Obaseki will retire Oshiomole from politics.
Das all
For your mind
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
Obaseki right now..

Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by BleedingPen: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
lekki1444:

North Yoruba, but Edo North. Akoko Edo precisely, they bear Yoruba names. Just like some part of Edo like Igbanke bear Igbo names.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by revpeter(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
Evergreen4:
He can go. Obaseki has done well as a governor. I think he deserves another 4 year. If yahaya bello of kogi state who is one of worst governors in Nigeria could get second term ticket unopposed , them obaseki deserves it too because he's 1000 times better than Bello.

Ambode was also better than Bello, yet he was kicked out.
My dear politics is far beyond who is doing well
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Evergreen4(m): 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
revpeter:

Ambode was also better than Bello, yet he was kicked out.
My dear politics is far beyond who is doing well
Edo state is not Lagos state. Oshiomole is not Tinubu
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Rockyrascal(m): 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
lekki1444:
he his from akoko edo LGA in Edo state.
Re: Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Rockyrascal(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
lekki1444:
he his from akoko edo LGA in Edo state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Pictured With His Wife, Aisha Buhari At The Airport / Amputee Hawker Apologizes To Nigerians For Lying; Accuses Her Grandma For ...... / Women Throw Their Wrappers For Nnamdu Kanu To Walk On (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.