Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Islam hates Women? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam hates Women? (9552 Views)

Don’t Celebrate What Allah Hates…the Festival Of Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam hates Women? by tolani27(f): 11:30am On Jan 17, 2011
I am a christian I grew up with a lot of muslims who tried to convert me constantly. That was impossible as I had a lot of problems with islam.

1. The prophet married a 6 year old.
2. He took the virginity of a 9 year old.
3. In the Koran, men are given permission to beat their wives.
4. If anybody decided to leave islam they are an apostate and should be killed.
5. Women have to wrap up but men do not.
6. If a woman is raped, she has to bring witnesses or else she will get the blame.
7. The koran refers to jews as monkeys and pigs
8 It tell muslims not to associate or be friends with christians
9. It refers to Allah as the great deciever. Deciever= liar
10.Never refers to Allah as 'LOVE'
11. When men enter 'paradise' they will be given 72 virgins what about the women? What will be their rewards?

There is so much more but i'm tired of writing.
Have a good day.
Re: Islam hates Women? by Jeel: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2011
Be careful
Re: Islam hates Women? by Jeel: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2011
Be careful
Re: Islam hates Women? by EFCC1(m): 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2011
or what angry angry angry
Re: Islam hates Women? by divinereal: 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2011
http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/Islam+condones+wife+beatings/4118854/story.html

Yes, Islam condones wife beatings

For The Calgary Herald January 17, 2011 9:29

Recently, Marvin Levant (Dec. 28), Steve Harris (Dec. 30), Syed Soharwardy (Jan. 2), and Riazuddin Ahmed (Jan. 5) debated Islam through the forum of the Herald's letters to the editor.

The issue of wife beating and gender inequality in Islam has become convoluted and highly controversial as many Muslims try to sugar-coat the ugly truths and others try to shed some light on the issue.

Soharwardy's statement that "Beating one's wife is not only wrong, it is criminal and completely un-Islamic" is incorrect. The Qur'an says that "men are in charge of women because Allah has made one of them (men) to excel the other (women), thus man's superiority over women . . . good women are the obedient ones . . . admonish the rebellious women and banish them, and scourge them (whip them severely to inflict pain) (4:34) . . . smote them (hit or strike with the hand or with a weapon causing pain, beat them . . . (4:62)".

Islam does not recognize gender equality. For example, polygamy is accepted in Islam, but polyandry is not. A woman's testimony is considered half as worthy as a man's in court; a son inherits twice as much as a daughter does. Muslim men may marry Muslim, Jewish or Christian women, but Muslim women can marry only Muslim men. In short, sharia law leads to the inhuman treatment of Muslim women by their husbands and others, especially in South Asia and the Middle East.

Higher education is emphasized more for sons than for daughters; in cultural honour killings, almost always women are the target for murder. Under sharia, divorced Muslim women get custody of their sons under eight years of age and daughters until puberty, and then the fathers take the children away. Sharia enabled one of the worst fundamentalists, the vile and ruthless military dictator, Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, to put more than 15,000 rape victims in jail because they could not comply with the absurd Islamic condition requiring them to have numerous male witnesses of their victimization. They were charged with fornication and their rapists were let go free.

At birth, all infants are equal, but Islam makes then unequal; sharia is incompatible with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Soharwardy knows all of this to be true. It is in his Qur'an and other Islamic texts. I have no desire to hear useless excuses from mullahs for all these gender inequalities in Islam.

Soharwardy and I were on CHQR Radio in Calgary to discuss the issue of a 17-year-old Muslim boy who beat his 16-year-old sister. That boy was incited by an illiterate mullah to discipline his sister because she was suspected of flirting with a white boy in northeast Calgary. Soharwardy and I agreed it was not an Islamic requirement for the boy to do what he did. I mentioned that Muslim husbands do have sharia-sanctioned power to discipline their wives.

Soharwardy personifies an addiction to religion. I watched him on his own community TV channel shouting his head off just before the Supreme Court of Canada ruled on Dec. 9, 2004, in favour of same-sex marriage, and Parliament passed the civil marriage legislation, C-38, recognizing same-sex marriage on June 28, 2005. He literally shouted that "Canada will be wiped off the face of the Earth by a tsunami if it accepts same-sex marriage. . . . Who the (heck) does the Parliament of Canada think it is to make laws? The laws are made by God."

That is clearly an addiction to religion. God may be sovereign in the constitutions of countries such as Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, but in secular democracies such as Canada, the people have the sovereign power to make laws.

In its infancy, Islam was known to be the religion of the sword. The Taliban and al-Qaeda have made it the religion of international terrorism and suicide bombers. They are violating the Islamic tenet that "Muslims who murder and commit suicide will be condemned to hell." Yet, suicide bombers commit both of these sins and claim to end up in paradise. Not only have Islamists committed atrocities against non-Muslims, but they have done worse to their fellow Muslims. I have a video that shows fundamentalists who slaughtered 33 Muslims and taped their criminal acts in northern Pakistan in 2010.

One of the cruellest Islamic dicta is the law of blasphemy, which carries the death penalty against those who insult the Qur'an or the Prophet Muhammad. Zia-ul-haq imposed it in Pakistan. Not only has that law mostly targeted moderate and secular Muslims, it has also been used against minorities, especially the Christian population of Pakistan. One of its victims is Asia Bibi, a Christian woman who was accused of insulting the Prophet Muhammad. Over the years, I have learned of hundreds of blasphemy cases against Christians in Pakistan. The law is often used by Muslims to take revenge on a neighbour. These blasphemy laws must be removed from the books.

On Jan. 3, Salman Taseer, governor of Punjab, was murdered by his own bodyguard because Taseer spoke against the blasphemy law. It is shameful that more than 500 mullahs honoured the killer and celebrated Taseer's murder on the streets of Islamabad and Karachi. I have not heard any Islamic group condemning it except for the one I belong to, the Muslim Canadian Congress.

The Muslim world is ruled by a corrupt elite, including the monarchs, oligarchs, military dictators, corrupt politicians, depraved bureaucrats, and the murderous fundamentalist Muslim clerics. On the whole, Muslims seem to be frustrated, less recognized except in international terrorism, less secularly educated than the West and less developed. Without a democratic system of government, they are hopeless, hapless, desperate, and mad at Jews and Christians. That is really sad.

Mahfooz Kanwar, PhD, is a professor emeritus at Mount Royal University

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/Islam+condones+wife+beatings/4118854/story.html#ixzz1BK8t69UO
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

I am a christian I grew up with a lot of muslims who tried to convert me constantly. That was impossible as I had a lot of problems with islam.

1. The prophet married a 6 year old.
2. He took the virginity of a 9 year old.

A lot of what you have mentioned are misconceptions and not islamic,  I hope i can help you clear the misconceptions

Question 1 & 2
The age of `A’ishah, daughter of Abu Bakr, when she married the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is something that has only recently become controversial. The traditional account is that the marriage was consummated when she was nine years old, which naturally appears strange, if not uncomfortable, to many in a modern, western context. Hence, some recent Muslims (of varying levels of intellectuality, motivations and scholarly qualifications) have re-visited the sources. They have discovered some evidence in the classical historical texts, and reinterpreted the traditionally adduced narrations, to suggest that `A’ishah may actually have been older (with various ages suggested). My aim is not to analyze the arguments for and against a young marriage age for `A’ishah, but rather to contextualize the entire discussion with a bird’s-eye view that remains intact regardless of which view (if either) an individual chooses to commit to.

The first (and most) important point to note is, as indicated above, is that the controversy is a relatively recent one. The Prophet’s own contemporaries took no issue with the Prophet’s marriage to `A’ishah; it was not problematic in their eyes. This includes both his disbeliever antagonists and his believing followers. Certainly, his antagonists were ever eager to discredit him, and the Qur’an itself records details of this. They accused him of being a sorceror, a madman or a soothsayer.  Yet they did not attempt to discredit him on the basis of his marrying a girl too young for him. Neither in the Qur’an nor in any historical source is there any mention of such an objection having been raised, despite the fact that these sources do mention numerous other strategies used by the Prophet’s opponents.

So, if the Prophet’s contemporaries did not object to `A’ishah’s age of marriage, then we conclude with certainty that her age was within the norm. Logically, this in turn implies one of two things: either it was acceptable, in 7th century Arab culture, for older men to marry younger girls (even as young as 9), or the reason for their non-objection was that `A’ishah was in fact older. Once again, my aim here is not to prove one or the other, but to put the whole issue in perspective. The age of `A’ishah is not a central tenet of Muslim faith, nor should it eclipse the core message and teachings of Islam. Muslims contemplating the issue of `A’ishah’s age might find it beneficial to recall that, ‘Part of the excellence of a person’s Islam is his/her leaving aside what does not pertain to him/her.’

Non-Muslims would serve themselves better by contemplating the Prophet’s teachings of monotheism and righteousness, and the Book he presented as God’s revelation, rather than dwelling on what is, at most, a socio-culturally historical oddity.

The general character of the Prophet, and his marital history, speak clearly against the notion that he was other than upright. His first marriage, at age 25, was to a widowed woman (Khadijah) who was 15 years his senior, and he remained in a happy and solid monogamous marriage to her for a quarter-century (twenty-five years), the marriage ending only with Khadijah’s death, aged 65. If we are extrapolating general lessons from the Prophet’s life, then his marriage to Khadijah is far more relevant for paradigmatic value. It was only subsequent to that, and often under specific circumstances (as others have discussed) that he married other women, and all of them (other than `A’ishah) were either widows or divorcees. Some historical sources even record that one of the strategies his antagonists tried, to dissuade him from his preaching, was to offer him whatever wealth or wives he desired, but he refused this initiative.

Hence, without necessarily putting the two possibilities (regarding `A’ishah’s age) on equal footing, and without stifling those who wish to delve deeper into the scholarly (and sometimes non-scholarly) arguments on either side, it is sufficient for the Muslim to defer the issue to God, saying, “I believe whichever of the two is the truth before God.” There are many more useful and pressing issues for us to occupy ourselves with.

The modern option of upgrading `A’ishah’s age might offer a more immediate appeal, and an ‘easy’ and convenient solution, for which little further explanation or reasoning would be necessary. Indeed, in the absence of birth certificates, records of ages prior to the modern era can be expected to have some margin of error. However, it is worthwhile to look at the issue in a larger perspective, and to avoid viewing the veritable tapestry of human culture, across space and time, through the colored lenses of modern, western culture. A slight familiarity with anthropology is sufficient to convince one that there has been, and still is, remarkable variety in human cultural practices and norms. The Catholic Encyclopedia observes about the Virgin Mary (peace be upon her) that, “it is possible that Mary gave birth to her Son when she was about thirteen or fourteen years of age.”[1] In Shakespeare’s classic play Romeo and Juliet, Juliet was only thirteen, yet her mother tells her that “ladies of esteem” younger than her are already mothers.[2] According to the “Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society,” both Christian Canon law and European civil law considered seven years as the age of consent, but judges in medieval England would approve marriages based on mutual consent at ages even lower than 7.[3] As recently as the nineteenth century, ages of consent of 13 to 14 were common in Western countries.[2] Now, we are responsible for acting in accordance with our conscience, and our own societal norms may well factor into this, but it may be a bit presumptuous to pass judgment on people of the past and future, and those of other cultures. People in the future may well look on some of our mores as bizarre.

The bottom line, is: God knows best about all the details of things. And, it remains well-established that Islam’s central message is one of monotheism, decency and morality. It is to this that our energies can be more profitably devoted.
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

3. In the Koran, men are given permission to beat their wives.

Islam Forbids All Oppression
The Quran orders men to "Protect and Defend - ALL WOMEN"

What about the treatement of the women in Islam. Why does the Quran tell men to "wadhribu hunna" - "Does this mean to "beat their wives"? (chapter 4, verse 34)

There is a word used in the Arabic that carries a much wider meaning than the word "hit" or "beat" in English. This word is often mistranslated as "beat lightly" It would be better understood as the English term "percuss" (Percuss - a light tap or thump) - an action doctors use while examining patients upper torso - light tapping while listening to their backs or chests.

Transliteration
Ar-rejalu qawwa muna 'alan-nisa'a bima fadhdhallahu ba'dhahum 'ala bi'dhi wa bima anfaqu min amwalihim. Fas-saliHatu qaintat HafaTHatul-lilghaybi bimaa HafiTHal-lahu, wal-lati takhaafuna nushuza hunna fa'iTHuu hunnaa wa hjuruu hunna fiil-lmadhaa ji'i wadhribu hunna. Faa'in aTa'nakum flaa tabghuu 'alayhinna sabiilan. Innal-laha kaana 'aliyaan kabiira(n).

One Explanation (tafsir) given of this surahc (chapter 4:34) according to some scholars is:
“Men are the support of women as God gives some more means than others, and because they spend of their wealth (to provide for them). So women who are virtuous are obedient to God and guard the hidden as God has guarded it. As for women who are averse in behavior, talk to them suasively, leave them alone in bed and tap them (like a doctor would tap a patient - lightly), if they open out to you, do not seek an excuse for blaming them. Surely God is sublime and great.”

Meaning of the Words
For the three words fa'izu, wahjaru, and wadribu in the original, translated here 'talk to them suasively,' 'leave them alone (in bed - fi'l-madage'),' and tap lightly (percuss them), respectively,

Fa'izu (to use persuasive speech or admonishment)
Fa'izu, implies the first step should be to make clear to them using straight talk, the position they are in and what is required to comply with the teaching of Islam. This approach may be repeated until it is established she has understood and is willing to comply and come back into line with the proper expected of a Muslim woman. (comentary provided by Yusuf Estes)

Hajara - Wahjaru (do not touch or moleste them)
Hajara, he says, means to separate body from body, and points out that the expression wahjaru hunna metaphorically means to refrain from touching or molesting them. Zamakhshari is more explicit in his Kshshaf when he says, 'do not get inside their blankets.'

Daraba (tap lightly as 'percuss', not to beat)
daraba lightly tap them (women).' This view is strengthened by the Prophet's authentic hadith found in a number of authorities, including Bukhari and Muslim:

"Could any of you beat your wife as he would a slave, and then lie with her in the evening?"

There are other traditions in Abu Da'ud, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad bin Hanbal and others, to the effect that he forbade the beating of any woman, saying:

"Never beat God's handmaidens."
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

4. If anybody decided to leave islam they are an apostate and should be killed.

Islam does not allow killing someone just because they do not believe in God. This has never been a proper teaching of true Islam.
To quote from the Quran Itself: "There is no complusion in religion" 2:256,

Over the centuries since the inception of Islam, we can find cases of people leaving Islam and what was their example and what the pervailing jurists decided in their particular situation. Most all of these were not punished except in the cases of treason, other acts of violence or for propagating corruption, dissention and promoting evil along with their apostasy. Those who were found to be causing sedition or of being enemy spies during times of war or advocating the overthrow of Islamic government could understandably be courtmartialed and executed.

We will discuss the subject of how Islam views the one who leaves Islam, if God Wills (inshallah).

To begin, there is not a hard and fast rule concerning this subject because there are perhaps as many reasons why people do what they do as there are people in the world. The answer must be based on each individual situation, as it depends largely on the person, his or her knowledge, intention and understanding as well as the conditions surrounding the circumstances.

Before we can begin, to be fair to those not familiar with Islamic terms and words, we must start by explaining to both Muslims and the non-Muslims alike, who might be wondering about the answer to such a question, what Islam is really all about and set the stage for them to better understand the actual ramifications of entering and/or leaving Islam.

First, they have to understand what all of the relevant Arabic words and terms actually mean. You should explain exactly what "ISLAM" means and what is: Tawhid (monotheism); Ibadah (worship); Shar'iah (God's Commandments in Islamic Law); Fatwah (Islamic Judge's findings in Law and their subsequent rulings); Hudud (punishment); Murtid (apostasy). It is important for anyone desiring to understand Islam's position on any subject, especially in such matters as this, to gain a firm grip on the importance of words being used and their meanings regarding the issues at hand.

The first word to explain is:
"Allah" - believe it or not, most people do not know the word "God" is a deficiency in the English language. There is no word for the "God" of Adam, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon and Jesus, (peace be upon them all) in English. The word "god" is used both for the pagans and the monotheists. In order to distinguish between the two, the first letter "g" in the word is capitalized when written. However, this approach does help very much when beginning a sentence with the word as all sentences begin with capital letters. Nor does it provide for any type of distinction when speaking as there would be no way to differentiate between "god" and "God. "Allah" is the appropriate word for the "God" of Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. There is a word in Arabic for "god" (note the small 'g'); it is "elah." The word "Allah" in Arabic comes from the same root, but it can not be made plural (as in: 'gods') nor can the word imply actual gender (as in: 'goddess'). Allah is the perfect word to describe the One God Almighty of the universe and it has been the word used by the writers of the Bible for both the Jews and Christians in the Arabic language for centuries. (www.GodAllah.com)

"ISLAM" means; surrender, submission, obedience, sincerity and peace between God and His Creatures (us); to do "God's Will on earth, as it is in Heaven" (www.WhatsIslam.com)

"Muslim" comes from the same root as "Islam" and it means: the one who believes in Allah and is complying with the Shari'ah of Islam) (www.IslamTomorrow.com/word/)

Tawhid (monotheism) in Islam is - to believe in the One God of Adam, Abraham, Moses and Jesus and Muhammad, peace be upon them all, and to obey the Commandments of Allah according to His Will. It is to worship Allah, Alone without any partners (see: First Commandment; Exodus, chapter 20) and to obey the prophets of Allah, worshiping Allah according to the way they did, and to be dutiful to the parents. (examples: Fifth Commandment; Exodus, chapter 20, Duet., chapter 5) feed the poor and care for the orphan, to always tell the truth, encourage good and forbid evil. Basically, it is to believe as mentioned by the New Testament (Mark: chapter 12:29) "Know O Israel, the Lord your God is One Lord; and you have to worship Him with all your heart and all your mind and all your strength. And I give you another Commandment like unto it, to love your neighbor as yourself."

Ibadah (worship) only for Allah and not to worship anything in or of His Creation. All praise, worship, thanksgiving and supplications are for Him only.

Quran (Recitation and actual Speech of Allah recorded in memory of Muhammad, peace be upon him, from the Angel Jibreel [Gabriel]. It was then passed on from mouth to ear and recorded in manuscripts perserved until now. Quran is memorized by over 10,000,000 Muslims living on the earth today - 90% of whom are not even Arab, by the way. Quran is the Final Revelation and Last Testament from Allah to all mankind, as such it is considered by Muslims as the foundation for everything in the Shari'ah.

Shar'iah (God's Commandments in Islamic Law) The Commandments of Allah in the Quran and the Sunnah (teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him, as understood by the first generation of companions to Muhammad, peace be upon him). The shar'iah only applies to Muslims and those who live under the protection of the Islamic State (khalifate).

Fatwah Findings in Law and their subsequent rulings, by jurists and Islamic scholars who have memorized the Quran and are experts in the classical Arabic language and have correct knowledge of the meaning of the revelation of Quran and the hadeeth.

Hadeeth Authentically recorded and preserved testimonies of eyewitnesses to accounts taking place concerning Muhammad, peace be upon him, and the revelation of the Quran.

Hudud (punishment) The punishments to be initiated by those in authority according to Shar'iah as ordered according to appropriate fatawah (plural of fatwah).

Murtid (apostasy) a Muslim who makes the choice to leave Islam (submission to God's Will).
Next let them know, no one is ever forced or coerced into accepting Islam. This always was and always will be a matter of choice left up to the individual.

Muslims are not ordered to "convert" people to Islam. Rather, they are ordered to deliver the message of Islam to others through their own righteous living as an example and in respectful "reminding" as taught in the Quran.

Islam (willful submission) to Allah's Shar'iah (God's Commandments in Islamic Law) and is the very balance needed for all humans for all times and in all places (according the teachings of Islam). The Paradise is reserved for only those who submit themselves to the Commandments and Judgments of Almighty Allah.

There is never to be forced conversion to Islam (if it were forced, then the word "Islam" would not really apply anyway), and it is forbidden according to the Quran, in the second chapter, verse 256: "Let there be no complusion in the religioin ("deen": actually means way of life as opposed to "religion"wink. From this we understand no one can be made to believe anything by force. Rather, it must be by their own decision.

Now be sure they understand the difference between "Islam" and "Muslims", meaning: "Islam" is perfect, but we as humans (Muslims) are not. Therefore, we can and do make mistakes. This lets us know immediately if anyone is calling for something in the name of "Islam" or the "Shar'iah", this should be viewed in the evidence of the Shar'iah itself and not just what some jurist or scholar may conclude.

Finally, judges and scholars over the centuries have held different opinions and given various rulings based on all of the above. No one can make a blanket statement and say the same rule applies to all people in all situations.
Let us review some of the evidences starting at the time of our prophet, peace be upon him.

Even during the time of our prophet, peace be upon him, there were some who "left Islam" and then they were allowed to come back if they wanted to or stay away if they so desired. One example is from the Muslims who migrated in the first migration to Ethiopia and one of them left Islam, became a Christian (the people of Abyssinia were Christians at that time) and then even told people there he was an "author" of the Quran. Of course such actions are most despicable and worthy of some kind of reprimand, especially considering the extent of the lies against the Quran and the prophet, peace be upon him. Yet, nothing was done to this man by the Muslims. His wife, Zainab, could not tolerate his lies and his turning his back against the truth of Islam and she returned back to the Muslims in Arabia. After the man died the Christians attempted to bury him, but the next day they found his body out of the grave and laying on the ground. Considering the Muslims must have done this act, they moved him to another area and buried him there. Again, the next day they found his body out of the grave and on top of the ground. So, they took him far from there and made another grave and buried him in it. But again, the next day his body was out of the grave and laying on the ground. At this point they decided the ground would not accept his body and they left it for the wild animals. We learn from this example Allah will be the One to finally deal with these people and He may even do so in this world as well as on the Day of Judgment.

Other examples include those who entered Islam in the presence of our beloved prophet, peace be upon him, yet when they were returned back to their people (during an agreement between the pagans and Muhammad, peace be upon him) some of them reverted back to their old pagan religion. Some of them did come back to Islam again later on after Islam came to be the governing state. In this case we observe what can happen in the case of the one who is in Islam and then for whatever reason decides not to stay.

Yet another example that occurred at the time of our blessed prophet, peace be upon him, was that of some who pretended they wanted to be Muslims only to take advantage of the believers, gain some worldly benefits and then abused and slaughtered an entire group of shepherds that memorized the entire Quran, who were caring for them. They killed them in cold blood and took everything for themselves. The prophet, peace be upon him, was very disturbed over this and ordered them to be severely punished and left to die without any food or water. From this example we learn how to deal with traitors and terrorists who have no intention of doing anything except evil and spreading fitnah (evil and terror) throughout the land.

Undeniably, the traditional position of Muslim scholars and jurists has been that apostasy [riddah] is punishable by death.The longstanding problem of the traditional position, as held by Classical jurists or scholars, can be explained and excused as not being able to see apostasy, an issue of pure freedom of faith and conscience, separate from treason against the community or the state. However, the accumulated experience over the history in terms of abuse of this position about apostasy even against Muslims as well as the changed context of a globally-connected, pluralistic society should help us appreciate the contemporary challenges in light of the Qur'anic norms and the Prophetic legacy.
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

5. Women have to wrap up but men do not.

Surah 4
30. Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they
do.
31. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which
is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or
fathers or husbands fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters
sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's
unclothedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

In Islam, the male are also required to be modest in their dressing, In fact

There are similar, yet less obvious requirements for a Muslim male's attire.
1) A Muslim man must always be covered from the navel to the
knees.
2) A Muslim man should similarly not wear tight, sheer, revealing, or eye-catching clothing. In addition, a Muslim man is
prohibited from wearing silk clothing (except for medical reasons) or gold jewelry. A Muslim woman may wear silk or gold.
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

6. If a woman is violated, she has to bring witnesses or else she will get the blame.

This is untrue, i'm afraid, Provide proof of this, It is not in the Quran.
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

7. The koran refers to jews as monkeys and pigs

It is obvious , you haven't read the Quran, It does not refer to jews as monkeys or pigs, NEVER does it say that,
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

8 It tell muslims not to associate or be friends with christians

Also untrue,  The term used in the Quran is Auliya and it refers more to allies than a close pals,  Muslims can marry Jews and Christians according to the Quran and the spouse does not have to become muslim if they don't want to, 

The Quran is actually "THE QURAN", only when it is in the Arabic language and as such, there is no perfect translation. There are two reasons for this, one being the difference between the Latin based "English" and the Semitic based "Arabic." The second reason is a bit more in depth, that being, the Quran means "Allah's Recited Speech to Mankind in the Arabic language" (even then, this does not totally fulfill the whole meaning of "Quran."

Some of the words are arbitrarily translated into English words only because there were not enough choices in English.

First, here is the more or less, transliteration of the sounds to English letters to assist you in understanding the actual sounds of the Quran:

:Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la tattakhithoo alyahooda waalnnasara awliyaa(1) baAAduhum awliyao(1) baAAdin waman yatawallahum minkum fa-innahu minhum inna Allaha la yahdee alqawma alththalimeena. (2).

(1). Auliya carries a special meaning that must be interpreted according to the teachings of the Quran itself and the teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him. friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), consider the following and then place them accordingly according to the sentence structure; 1. "protectors and confidents" 2. "intimate darlings" 3. "closest of confessors" 4. "dearest confidents" 5. "most trusted protectors" 6. "trusted guardians"

(2). Zalimun (also pronounced as THalimoon) could carry the meaning of; oppressor, self oppressed, polytheists and wrong­doers and unjust.

Here, we offer more or less, a translation and interpretation of the meaning to English:

"O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya(1) they are but Auliya(1) to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya(1), then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun(2)."

One of the many beauties of Islam is a miracle in that the Quran is still complete, whole and in the original language (Arabic) as it was when it was sent down to the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, 1,400 years ago. Another miracle of Quran is, no one can ever bring a book like it. For centuries the enemies of truth of Islam have attempted to duplicate or produce a book like it, yet they are unable to do so. The Quran is not to be translated or interpreted according to prevailing meanings or understandings of words in a given society or time frame. Rather, the Quran is to be understood first and foremost by comparing meanings within the Quran itself and then referring to the meanings offered by the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

There are verses like this in the Quran, such as in chapter 5, verse 51 (Surah Al Ma'idah, 5) clearly instructing the Muslims to avoid taking on the Jews and Christians in positions of allies thereby replacing the allegience owed to Allah (see ref. surah Baqarah, 2:257) and thereby offer confidential authority or trusted guardianship (sometimes wrongly translated as "darlings"wink. The word "Auliya" has been simply translated as "friends" in the past, due to a lack of exact translation to English. However, the usage of such a simplistic term would be most inadequate when other verses talking about the relationships between Muslims, Christians and Jews are taken into considerations. This naturally necessitates a more in depth explanation and understanding of the term “auliya” when used in the context of the verse or verses.

Both at the time of revelation and in modern times, we can see clear evidence of what happens to the condition of the Muslims when they turn over control of government and place total confidence of the disposition of their affairs in the hands of others. From the evidences provided by Quran in Arabic and hadith (teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him), we conclude the best interpretation of the word "waly" is "ally" and "auliya" is "allies." This clearly shows Muslims not to give their pledge of authority and leadership to other than Allah, even if it is to those who are the closest to the Muslims in their faith. See the reference to this relationship in surah Al Imran (3:110) and other places.

It must be mentioned however, this does not preclude assigning key positions to qualified individuals from the Jews and Christians when warranted. This is demonstrated at the time of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him and in the Islamic governments that followed after him, even up until the fall of the last Islamic empire under the Ottomans in 1922.
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

9. It refers to Allah as the great deciever. Deciever= liar

Another ridiculous lie, be careful what you read, People have made it their duty to peddle such lies, Read the Quran, and find out for yourself,
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

10.Never refers to Allah as 'LOVE'

TRUE, It refers to God as 'WADUD' whch means the Loving, Not just Love, The Love never ends,
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
tolani27:

11. When men enter 'paradise' they will be given 72 virgins what about the women? What will be their rewards?

LOL, another age old lie, Never does the number 72 appear in the Quran, Never!!!
Re: Islam hates Women? by vedaxcool(m): 9:06am On Jan 18, 2011
Brother thaba, there only criticize Islam in the hieght of their Ignorance. That is why it is so easy to refute their misguidiance. May ALLAH reward you.amin
Re: Islam hates Women? by divinereal: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
Islamic Apologists are hilarious, please stop shifting the goal post!!! Marrying and having sexual relations with a 6,9 or 12 years old is IMMORAL! Here are other examples of the quotes from the Quran that support the ill treatment of women. And dont even try to explaing them away as "not being translated correctly" or "it doesnt say that in the "arabic quaran",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_domestic_violence

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath, " Allah telling Job to beat his wife.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

Abu Dawud (2141) - "Iyas bin ‘Abd Allah bin Abi Dhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah’s handmaidens, but when ‘Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them." At first, Muhammad forbade men from beating their wives, but he rescinded this once it was reported that women were becoming emboldened toward their husbands. Beatings are sometimes necessary to keep women in their place.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

Abu Dawud (2126) - "A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: 'I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet).' The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: 'She will get the dower, for you made her vagina lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her'" A Muslim man thinks his is getting a virgin, then finds out she is pregnant. Muhammad tells him to treat the woman as a sex slave and then flog her after she has delivered the child.

Ishaq 969 - Commands that a married woman be "put in a separate room and beaten lightly" if she "act in a sexual manner toward others." According to the Hadith, this can be for an offense as petty as merely being alone with a man to whom she is not related.

Additional Notes:

Some contemporary Muslim apologists often squirm over this relatively straightforward verse from the Qur'an (4:34). Their masterful aerobics of denial inspired us to write a separate article:

Wife Beating- Good Enough for Muhammad, Good Enough for You

Others are not nearly as squeamish. Sheikh Yousef al-Qaradhawi, one of the most respected Muslim clerics in the world, once made the famous (and somewhat ridiculous statement) that "It is forbidden to beat the woman, unless it is necessary." He also went on to say that "one may beat only to safeguard Islamic behavior," leaving no doubt that wife-beating is a matter of religious sanction. (source)

Dr. Muzammil Saddiqi, the former president of ISNA (the Islamic Society of North America), a mainstream Muslim organization, says it is important that a wife "recognizes the authority of her husband in the house" and that he may use physical force if he is "sure it would improve the situation." (source)

Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Muhammad Ahmad Al-Tayyeb, the head of Al-Azhar, Sunni Islam's most prestigious institution says that "light beatings" and "punching" are part of a program to "reform the wife". (source)

During Ramadan of 2010, another cleric named Sa'd Arafat actually said the woman is "honored" by the beating (source). No one else seemed surprised.

According to Islamic law, a husband may strike his wife for any one of the following four reasons:

- She does not attempt to make herself beautiful for him (ie. "let's herself go"wink

- She refuses to meet his sexual demands

- She leaves the house without his permission or for a "legitimate reason"

- She neglects her religious duties

Any of these are also sufficient grounds for divorce.

Muslim apologists sometimes say that Muhammad ordered that women not be harmed, but they are actually basing this on what he said before or during battle, such as in Bukhari (59:447), when Muhammad issued a command for all the men of Quraiza be killed and the women and children taken as slaves. (Having your husband murdered and being forced into sexual slavery apparently doesn't qualify as "harm" under the Islamic model).

But, in fact, there are a number of cases in which Muhammad did have women killed in the most brutal fashion. One was Asma bint Marwan, a mother or five, who wrote a poem criticizing the Medinans for accepting Muhammad after he had ordered the murder of an elderly man. In this case, the prophet's assassins literally pulled a sleeping infant from her breast and stabbed her to death.

After taking Mecca in 630, Muhammad also ordered the murder of a slave girl who had merely made up songs mocking him. The Hadith are rife as well with accounts of women planted in the ground on Muhammad's command and pelted to death with stones for sexual immorality - yet the prophet of Islam actually encouraged his own men to rape women captured in battle (Abu Dawood 2150, Muslim 3433) and did not punish them for killing non-Muslim women (as Khalid ibn Walid did on several occasions - see Ibn Ishaq 838 and 856).

In summary, according to the Qur'an, Hadith and Islamic law, a woman may indeed have physical harm done to her if the circumstances warrant, with one such allowance being in the case of disobedience. This certainly does not mean that all Muslim men beat their wives, only that Islam permits them to do so.
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
divinereal:

Islamic Apologists are hilarious, please stop shifting the goal post!!! Marrying and having sexual relations with a 6,9 or 12 years old is IMMORAL! Here are other examples of the quotes from the Quran that support the ill treatment of women. And dont even try to explaing them away as "not being translated correctly" or "it doesnt say that in the "arabic quaran",

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_domestic_violence

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath, " Allah telling Job to beat his wife.

I always encourage people to do some reading, Do not just go copy from a website that is obviously anti-islam. You can learn a lot if you just ask muslims with knowledge. I would try my best to help you.

In the case of Aisha (RA), Traditional belief say she was 9 years at the consummation of the marriage however there is some historical evidence that say she might have been as old as 16. But God knows best. But why then do we find it objectionable? After all, Muhammad did not live in our culture or under our law. He lived under a Semitic culture. And this custom of marrying girls after their first menses existed in the Mideast long before Muhammad. What is the basis for rejection of this Semite custom and Muhammad's precedent? Are there any valid reasons to criticize it? Or should it simply be rejected based upon our own cultural bias?
The opponents of islam never objected to this marriage at the time and we know that even in the early 20th century England, young girls did get married. Times have changed. Do a little reading

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464b.htm,
Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act I, Scene 3.
http://www.faqs.org/childhood/A-Ar/Age-of-Consent.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent, accessed

Domestic violence is prevalent even here in America, It doen't mean islam preaches it

As the verses you quoted, I have already given an explanation on 4:34

As for 38:44, it is so obvious you have not read the Quran, No way does the verse even relate to a woman. This is why i tell people, get a good copy of Quran, read it, then make objective comments.

39. (Saying): This is Our gift, so bestow thou, or withhold, without reckoning.
40. And lo! he hath favour with Us, and a happy journey's end.
41. And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Job, when he cried unto his Lord (saying): Lo! the devil doth
afflict me with distress and torment.
42. (And it was said unto him): Strike the ground with thy foot. This (spring) is a cool bath and a refreshing drink.
43. And We bestowed on him (again) his household and therewith the like thereof, a mercy from Us, and a memorial
for men of understanding.
44. And (it was said unto him): Take in thine hand a branch and smite therewith, and break not twine oath. Lo! We found
him steadfast, how excellent a slave! Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (to his Lord).

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT MENTIONS HIS WIFE
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2011
divinereal:

.From the Hadith:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

Abu Dawud (2141) - "Iyas bin ‘Abd Allah bin Abi Dhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah’s handmaidens, but when ‘Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them." At first, Muhammad forbade men from beating their wives, but he rescinded this once it was reported that women were becoming emboldened toward their husbands. Beatings are sometimes necessary to keep women in their place.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

Abu Dawud (2126) - "A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: 'I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet).' The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: 'She will get the dower, for you made her womanliness lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her'" A Muslim man thinks his is getting a virgin, then finds out she is pregnant. Muhammad tells him to treat the woman as a sex slave and then flog her after she has delivered the child.

Ishaq 969 - Commands that a married woman be "put in a separate room and beaten lightly" if she "act in a sexual manner toward others." According to the Hadith, this can be for an offense as petty as merely being alone with a man to whom she is not related.

You see as i proved above, people quote snippets and fabricate them from the Quran and the hadith to try to support their hate for islam. Be open minded and learn from muslims, It is always useful to mention the isnad when you quote hadiths because of the varying level of authenticity.

Bukhari (72:715) What i gather from this story was that the woman lied in order to get out of her marriage and remarry her former husband. She said and i quote "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment" However, it was obvious she was lying because the man already had children that looked like him.

The Prophet said, "You claim what you claim (i.e, that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow,"

Divorce is a serious matter in the sharia, you don't just divorce, agree to marry another person and divorce again. The other marriage must be consummated before she can divorce and return to her former husband.

Muslim (4:2127) - Can you please read the hadith, It is ridiculous for me to even respond to this

I would continue when i have more time,
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 11:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
WOMAN IN ISLAM

In the midst of the darkness that engulfed the world, the divine revelation echoed in the wide desert of Arabia with a fresh, noble, and universal message to humanity:

"O Mankind, keep your duty to your Lord who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate (of same kind) and from them twain has spread a multitude of men and women, ". [Noble Quran 4:1]

A scholar who pondered about this verse states: "It is believed that there is no text, old or new, that deals with the humanity of the woman from all aspects with such amazing brevity, eloquence, depth, and originality as this divine decree."

Stressing this noble and natural conception, them Quran states:

"He (God) it is who did create you from a single soul and therefrom did create his mate, that he might dwell with her (in love), " [Noble Quran 7:189]

"The Creator of heavens and earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves" [Noble Quran 42:11]

"And Allah has given you mates of your own nature, and has given you from your mates, children and grandchildren, and has made provision of good things for you. Is it then in vanity that they believe and in the grace of God that they disbelieve?" [Noble Quran 16:72]

The rest of this paper outlines the position of Islam regarding the status of woman in society from its various aspects - spiritually, socially, economically and politically.

1. The Spiritual Aspect

The Quran provides clear-cut evidence that woman is completely equated with man in the sight of God in terms of her rights and responsibilities. The Quran states:

"Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds" [Noble Quran 74:38]

It also states:

", So their Lord accepted their prayers, (saying): I will not suffer to be lost the work of any of you whether male or female. You proceed one from another, " [Noble Quran 3:195]

"Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily to him will We give a new life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to their actions." [Noble Quran 16:97, see also 4:124]

Woman according to the Quran is not blamed for Adam's first mistake. Both were jointly wrong in their disobedience to God, both repented, and both were forgiven. [Noble Quran 2:36, 7:20-24]

In one verse in fact [20:121], Adam specifically, was blamed.

In terms of religious obligations, such as the Daily Prayers, Fasting, Poor-due, and Pilgrimage, woman is no different from man. In some cases indeed, woman has certain advantages over man. For example, the woman is exempted from the daily prayers and from fasting during her menstrual periods and forty days after childbirth. She is also exempted from fasting during her pregnancy and when she is nursing her baby if there is any threat to her health or her baby's. If the missed fasting is obligatory (during the month of Ramadan), she can make up for the missed days whenever she can. She does not have to make up for the prayers missed for any of the above reasons. Although women can and did go into the mosque during the days of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and thereafter attendance at the Friday congregational prayers is optional for them while it is mandatory for men (on Friday).

This is clearly a tender touch of the Islamic teachings for they are considerate of the fact that a woman may be nursing her baby or caring for him, and thus may be unable to go out to the mosque at the time of the prayers. They also take into account the physiological and psychological changes associated with her natural female functions.

2. The Social Aspect

a) As a child and an adolescent

Despite the social acceptance of female infanticide among some Arabian tribes, the Quran forbade this custom, and considered it a crime like any other murder.

"And when the female (infant) buried alive - is questioned, for what crime she was killed." [Noble Quran 81:8-9]

Criticizing the attitudes of such parents who reject their female children, the Quran states:

"When news is brought to one of them, of (the Birth of) a female (child), his face darkens and he is filled with inward grief! With shame does he hide himself from his people because of the bad news he has had! Shall he retain her on (sufferance) and contempt, or bury her in the dust? Ah! What an evil (choice) they decide on?" [Noble Quran 16:58-59]

Far from saving the girl's life so that she may later suffer injustice and inequality, Islam requires kind and just treatment for her. Among the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) in this regard are the following:

Whosoever has a daughter and he does not bury her alive, does not insult her, and does not favor his son over her, God will enter him into Paradise. [Ibn Hanbal, No. 1957]

Whosoever supports two daughters till they mature, he and I will come in the Day of Judgment as this (and he pointed with his two fingers held together).

A similar Hadith deals in like manner with one who supports two sisters. [Ibn-Hanbal, No. 2104]

The right of females to seek knowledge is not different from that of males. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"Seeking knowledge is mandatory for every Muslim". [Al-Bayhaqi]

Muslim as used here including both males and females.
Re: Islam hates Women? by divinereal: 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2011
Here we go again with the same old lines from the Muslim apologists. I will concede that marrying child brides was the norm in Semite, western and probably global culture. So was slavery, infanticide, human sacrifice and other despicable atrocities that humans inflict on one another. Now if the premise of your position is that your Prophet Mohammed was supposed to have been speaking Gods word in the form of the Quran, then don't you think your "Allah" who is lord of all worlds and is omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence would be aware of the negative effect of such practices on humanity?? If this was a message for all time wouldn't the divine Allah have been aware that there are absolute morals that transcend time and location?
In my research on Islam Mohammed did a lot to establish some reasonable order in warring, fiercely tribal 7th century Arabia. However, he committed and propagated innumerable despicable immoral acts in the process including but not limited to genocide, pedophilia, sexism, rape, murder etc etc. Islam in my opinion is sanctified 7th century Arabic culture. Who are you or your religion to tell others to cover up with a veil? What makes that holy or pious?? My skin crawls with disgust when I see Nigerian women in hijabs/niqabs and the like parading around like they are in Arabia.

Please address these facts in your "holy book" and stop moving the post.

Take solace, I debunk and criticize the morality, doctrines and theology of all Abrahamic Middle Eastern religions not just Islam.

Qur'an (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176).
Sura (2:222) “They ask thee concerning women's courses. Say: They are a hurt and a pollution: So keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean.”

Sura 4:43 “Muslims, draw not near unto prayer…(if) ye have touched women…then go to high clean soil and rub your face and your hands.” (Muslim women are pariahs and dirty).”

Sura (5:6) - ", if ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it."
Sura (2:228) - "And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And God is Exalted in Power, Wise.”

Sura (4:11) - God (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females. (see also Sura 4:176)

Sura (4:176) “They ask thee for a legal decision. Say: God directs (thus) about those who leave no descendants or ascendants as heirs. , if there are brothers and sisters, (they share), the male having twice the share of the female.”

Sura (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." (i.e., Angels, the sublime beings, can only be male.)

Sura (37:149-155) “Now ask them their opinion: Is it that thy Lord has (only) daughters, and they have sons?- Or that We created the angels female, and they are witnesses (thereto)? Is it not that they say, from their own invention, "God has begotten children"? but they are liars! Did He (then) choose daughters rather than sons? What is the matter with you? How judge ye? Will ye not then receive admonition?”

Bukhari 7:62:132
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zam'a:
The Prophet said, "None of you should flog his wife as he flogs a slave and then have sexual intercourse with her in the last part of the day." (Ideally when you flog one of your wives, let her recuperate that day and sleep with your other wives or your slave girls.)

Fewer seats for women in Allah's Paradise

Islamic Scriptures inform us that most Muslim women will go to hell.

The Quran:

Sura (37:22-23) “Those who "did wrong" will go to hell, and their wives will go to hell with them (no matter how they behaved).”

From Hadith:

Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven ever mentioned by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell).

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

"Among the inmates of Heaven women will be the minority" (Sahih Muslim 36: 6600)

"I (Mohammed) have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were women, [because] they are ungrateful to their husbands and they are deficient in intelligence" (Sahih Bukhari: 2:18:161; 7:62:125, ).
Re: Islam hates Women? by Sweetnecta: 4:51am On Jan 20, 2011
@divinereal: « #52 on: Yesterday at 05:17:42 PM »
[Quote]Here we go again with the same old lines from the Muslim apologists. I will concede that marrying child brides was the norm in Semite, western and probably global culture. So was slavery, infanticide, human sacrifice and other despicable atrocities that humans inflict on one another. Now if the premise of your position is that your Prophet Mohammed was supposed to have been speaking Gods word in the form of the Quran, then don't you think your "Allah" who is lord of all worlds and is omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence would be aware of the negative effect of such practices on humanity?? If this was a message for all time wouldn't the divine Allah have been aware that there are absolute morals that transcend time and location?[/Quote]A good response may help you understand the timeless conditions in the Quran.

[Quote]In my research on Islam Mohammed did a lot to establish some reasonable order in warring, fiercely tribal 7th century Arabia. However, he committed and propagated innumerable despicable immoral acts in the process including but not limited to genocide, pedophilia, sexism, violation, murder etc etc.[/Quote]could you tell one such tribe that the genocidal atrocity was committed against. If you have details of what caused the "crime" committed, please share it. A pedophile never married their victims. He or she never just committed the act of pedophilia with just one victim. The victim always say he or she was victimized. Who was the victim of my beloved Messenger Muhammad (AS)? Has any condition ever occurred where sexual victim married, loved and never accused or complained against her violator, even after his death? That was not a victim, if she didnt raise cane, cried out. Will a pedophile leave a victim, potential or active victim living with him without violating her for 3 years, until she was actually a person who reached the age of puberty? Yet he had married her all those 3 years? In all my life experiences, when a wife is sick, as long it is not a painful sickness or terminal in nature, as long as she is relatively healthy, there is almost always sexual relationship, with the husband. The usual "I have a headache" excuse, is not always viable. Hence to accuse a man who married a mature bride, fully woman in every respect, including today's standard of pedophilia, is utter nonsense, if not complete ignorance on the part of the accuser. Consider over 1400 plus years ago. In the late 1960s of Nigeria, do hardly find a 25 year old single lady, except that she is under family pressure to produce grand children. And today, a 30 year old woman thinks she is a "girl". Just Imagine that! What is sexism about a man giving the right of existence to young girls, in a culture that used to bury them alive? What is sexism about a man who gave women the right of inheritance when they used to be properties before then? What is sexism about a man who gave men and women equal right and responsibility towards their God? What is sexism about a man who actually says a woman can petition for divorce which was unheard of in the western countries until the early 1950s? What is sexism about a man who actually voiced out what is already known about the power, or energy or strength difference between man and woman? What is sexism about a man who says a wife is a mate of her husband, and the reverse is the same for husband to the wife? What is sexism about a man who says a man gets 2 parts of what his sister gets, when it is a known fact that most men are responsible for most women, mother, aunt, sister, wife, daughter, etc?

[Quote]Islam in my opinion is sanctified 7th century Arabic culture. Who are you or your religion to tell others to cover up with a veil?[/QUote]This is the order of the religion, just like it is order of the society that you dont walk out of your house in the broad daylight into the city square butt naked! it is a matter of morality. Throw on some cloth man. Have some sense of decency.

[Quote]What makes that holy or pious?? My skin crawls with disgust when I see Nigerian women in hijabs/niqabs and the like parading around like they are in Arabia.[/Quote]To be bashful is not in your moral psyche, which is the reason your skin crawls. Those women are pearls. You know how expensive natural pearls are? You know the amount of labor the harvesters put in to get a pearl from the oyster? Do you know how much labor is employed in getting a troy ounce of Gold, or any amount of diamond, or platinum, etc? In each it is tremendous, the reason each is expensive, a gem, a precious thing. Consider if any of them is just like lay out on the top soil, in any local. Consider it is like mere dirt, the one outside your frontage. Will it have any value? Look at women like that. Women are more precious. The sincerely covered up women for the pleasure of Allah are the most precious among them. Imagine if your spouse goes out to the market in her undergarment, without any top! What will be her value to the community when she enters the market?

[Quote]Please address these facts in your "holy book" and stop moving the post.
Take solace, I debunk and criticize the morality, doctrines and theology of all Abrahamic Middle Eastern religions not just Islam.
Qur'an (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176).[/Quote]Regardless of how wealthy my women folks are, each of them, I will always love to provide for. This is inert in real men. I dont know about you, I spend on my women, and I dont let them spend on me, as much. This is a good reason for man to get twice, so that he can still care for his sister, and others.

[Quote]Sura (2:222) “They ask thee concerning women's courses. Say: They are a hurt and a pollution: So keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean.”[/Quote]It means dont have intercourse with her. Ask women in your life about the condition of menstruation. Some women have extreme pain at this time. She may even faint. Does it make any sense that you must sleep with her at that time, which is similar in difficulty to labor pain or even the exact time of giving birth?

[Quote]Sura 4:43 “Muslims, draw not near unto prayer…(if) ye have touched women…then go to high clean soil and rub your face and your hands.” (Muslim women are pariahs and dirty).”[/Quote]This also applies to women, who are muslims. Touch women or women touch men is intercourse. It means after sexual intercourse, dont go into Prayer unless you cleanse yourself off that sexual impurities. It is mercy that if there is no water, they do just what is commanded by using clean soil to attain the purification. What is wrong with the instruction, if I may ask you? Are you saying it is not necessary to clean up, after sex? You live in a hot climate. Sex has its own smell. Are you that dirty that you find it unacceptable that cleanliness is recommended after sex?

[Quote]Sura (5:6) - ", if ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it."
Sura (2:228) - "And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And God is Exalted in Power, Wise.”[/Quote]What is this "a degree" of advantage except that it is "Power"? Most men are by and large more powerful than their women partner[s]. I hope you see fit to protect your women folks, not hiding or running away in the time of danger, leaving them all by themselves to go through the possibility of survival or getting hurt? Some men are even worse in lack of courage than a like child seeing a stranger when their comfort blanket, a family member is not around.

[Quote]Sura (4:11) - God (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females. (see also Sura 4:176)
Sura (4:176) “They ask thee for a legal decision. Say: God directs (thus) about those who leave no descendants or ascendants as heirs. , if there are brothers and sisters, (they share), the male having twice the share of the female.”
Sura (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." (i.e. Angels, the sublime beings, can only be male.)[/Quote]The bold is not true. The Angels are gender neutral. However, the masculine "he" is used for them because it is carrying a more powerful condition than she, considering that a single angel, if God Almighty permits him can do any and all that he is permitted. Angels are supernatural beings, hence the masculine gender pronoun is appropriate.

[Quote]Sura (37:149-155) “Now ask them their opinion: Is it that thy Lord has (only) daughters, and they have sons?- Or that We created the angels female, and they are witnesses (thereto)? Is it not that they say, from their own invention, "God has begotten children"? but they are liars! Did He (then) choose daughters rather than sons? What is the matter with you? How judge ye? Will ye not then receive admonition?”[/Quote]This is self explanatory by the bold. Allah The Almighty is saying the claimants are liars. The above simple says that the liars by their own inventions; the pagan arabs said Allah has daughters, while the Christians and Jews who should have known better that Allah has them as children, Ezra as son of Allah, Jesus son of Mary as begotten son of Allah, while they all say Angels are females, when they were not witnesses of their creations, and the Arab pagans gave by their lies daughters to Allah, they must have chosen son for themselves, considering that i have said earlier and above that they used to bury their daughters alive. My man, I think you are a good man. Use your goodness to understand what shall be a light of guidance for your soul. Investigate Islam with good heart. Where your thinking cap when you read Quran.

[Quote]Bukhari 7:62:132
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zam'a:
The Prophet said, "None of you should flog his wife as he flogs a slave and then have sexual intercourse with her in the last part of the day." (Ideally when you flog one of your wives, let her recuperate that day and sleep with your other wives or your slave girls.)[/Quote]Considering that the messenger [AS} never flogged his wife, then the above is very suspicious. I will imitate Muhammad {AS} on this matter, rather than a questionable statement. If a woman was to be flogged, Muhammad would have done it. Since he didnt do it, I will not do it.

[Quote]Fewer seats for women in Allah's Paradise
Islamic Scriptures inform us that most Muslim women will go to hell.
The Quran:
Sura (37:22-23) Those who did wrong will go to hell, and their wives will go with them (no matter how they behaved).”[/Quote]These two bold parts oppose each other and the common understanding of Islam, a religion that speaks of individual responsibility as to ending up in hell fire or paradise. If anyone, male or female is an evil doer and he receives no forgiveness, it is he or she that shall end up in hell fire and the spouse is not going to be forced to go just because of being a spouse. Good well known example of a wife in hell while husband shall be in paradise is the case of Prophet Lot, and his disloyal wife. Good example of husband in hell while wife shall be n Paradise is the case of Asiah, and her evil tyrannical husband Pharaoh that perished in the exodus flood.

[Quote]From Hadith:
Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven ever mentioned by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell).[/Quote]Regarding the bold, women also comprise the majority of earth's occupants. In population aggregate men will have their share just as well. Consider the men who are not muslims just for our case study. Do you think they will end up in Muslim's paradise without being muslims? A person who is not in paradise of the muslims, being male or female is in hell. There is no other option, you know. May God Almighty prevent us from being in hellfire. Amin.

[Quote]Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."[/Quote]The bold is a lesson you will learn when you become a husband. Your sophisticated wife may say that she is the one that cultured you when she is angry, forgetting that she loved you without her culturing you at first, long before she got angry at you, the reason she is now reminding you that you were a cave man before she polished you up. You on the other hand will be very careful not to upset her when she is calling you a monkey, or worse, offering you banana instead of inviting you to a meal on the table. If you offend her more than that, you can forget a warm embrace in bed, but a cold shoulder, if she didnt make you a bed in the guest room or banishing you to the couch in the living room. If Muhammad [AS} said that over 1400 years ago, the present day is seeing it plainly. The english people say hell has no fury like a woman scorned. Muhammad {AS} had advised well. Listen to his advise. Each of his advises, if you find any coming from him, take it. Your wife in the west can get a police to get you out of the house. She can change the lock. She can even change your child's name. And you cant do anything about it. Is there anything more humiliating. Is there anything more demeaning, showing ingratitude, when she actually is called by her father's name? If any of these is happening today, which in reality it does, then Muhammad {AS} was correct in the case by case cases where they do happen.

[Quote]"Among the inmates of Heaven women will be the minority" (Sahih Muslim 36: 6600)
"I (Mohammed) have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were women, [because] they are ungrateful to their husbands and they are deficient in intelligence" (Sahih Bukhari: 2:18:161; 7:62:125, ).[/Quote]If I compound the situation of women in the west having the advantage over their normal men, after crunching the numbers, Muhammad [AS} is 100% correct. Just imagine a man who worked so hard and gotten wealthy, then gets married, after such success. If there is no prenuptial agreement, she gets 50% of the wealth, even if she divorces you after a short period of time. If you have a prenup, you may keep some more wealth. You will not get out of it, without getting hurt. Look at Tiger Woods. I know what he did is unIslamic. But just look. I am sure Tiger or Tiger's mom may wish the ex wife some lesser comfort under their breathe. I am just using it as a form of illustration. I am certain it is your type of men that will wish your ex wife evil after she ended up with 50% of your assets.
Re: Islam hates Women? by vedaxcool(m): 8:50am On Jan 20, 2011
^^^^^
Very much an excellent response, couldn't have done better, you will come to note that this critics of Islam are vastly Ignorant of what they criticize. In addition there is another hadith that states women will out number men in Paradise:

Muhammad reported that some (persons) stated with a sense of pride and some discussed whether there would be more men in Paradise or more women. It was upon this that Abu Huraira reported that Abul Qasim (the Holy Prophet) (may peace be upon him) said: The (members) of the first group to get into Paradise would have their faces as bright as full moon during the night, and the next to this group would have their faces as bright as the shining stars in the sky, and every person would have two wives and the marrow of their shanks would glimmer beneath the flesh and there would be none without a wife in Paradise. (Muslim, Hadith 5062)

The context of Abu Huraira (رضى الله عنه) narrating this Hadith clearly shows that he meant to convey that according to Prophet’s sayings, women will outnumber men in the Paradise.

divinereal:

The Quran:

Sura (37:22-23) “Those who "did wrong" will go to hell, and their wives will go to hell with them (no matter how they behaved).”

Qur'an 37
20. They will say, "Ah! Woe to us! This is the Day of Judgment!"
21. [A voice will say,] "This is the Day of Sorting Out, whose truth ye [once]
denied!"
22. "Bring ye up", it shall be said, "The wrong-doers and their wives, and the
things they worshipped- -----------------> Sweetnecta look at how he deliberately misquoted the verse, the verse clearly indicates that both the husbands and wives worshipped things other than ALLAH, is n't that a sin by all indications
23. "Besides Allah, and lead them to the Way to the [Fierce] Fire!
24. "But stop them, for they must be asked:
25. "'What is the matter with you that ye help not each other?'"
26. Nay, but that day they shall submit [to Judgment];
27. And they will turn to one another, and question one another.

If there is any thing I insist on the right quotation of the Qur'an it is because this Critics of Islam are Liars who lack respect for the truth, Now let us ask divinreal if Lying is the only thing Christianity bestowed on him?
Re: Islam hates Women? by otitokoro1: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2011
I think any good Muslim will not contend the truth about there religion. When the AL-Qur'an is confirming how a woman should be treated. I wonder where those Muslims get their own teaching from.

Very soon, All Muslim will abandon AL-Qur'an and read The Holy Bible as a guide to worshiping the only true God. cool . Islam is an idea copy from Jewish religion when Muhammad was traveling but Christianity, it may be a pollution that set in their believe.
Re: Islam hates Women? by murphy4d(m): 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2011
This issue shud be addressed accordingly not to blasphemize Jesus christ(ASW) or Muhammed Rosulullah(SAW).He who asked wants to knw,firstl,there 's been gap btw muslim and Islam in the world,according to man he says''glory be to God for making him know Islam before Muslim".Islam is a religion that has respect for human of either sex equally.Islam is a religious that most conserved everyone's right.STOP RAISING BLASPHEMS,ASK IF U BOTHERED FOR COMPARATIVE IF REQUIRED.
Re: Islam hates Women? by vedaxcool(m): 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2011
otitokoro1:

I think any good Muslim will not contend the truth about there religion. When the AL-Qur'an is confirming how a woman should be treated. I wonder where those Muslims get their own teaching from.

Very soon, All Muslim will abandon AL-Qur'an and read The Holy Bible as a guide to worshiping the only true God. cool . Islam is an idea copy from Jewish religion when Muhammad was traveling but Christianity, it may be a pollution that set in their believe.

Some people are not worth anwsering, [size=18pt]Slams Door[/size]!
Re: Islam hates Women? by Rockamon: 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2011
Do not waste time on muslims to whom self centredness is all they know. A religion that does not allow them quote the koran when they preach to you, the koran has no substance,hence the only form of evangelism they engage in is citisizing christianity or jihad(violence). A christian is happy giving you a Bible, A muslim will murder you for touching a koran. If the koran is allowed into all hand it will expose the ignorance of the unlettered prophet of islam. Educate your children it is good. If the prophet had gone to school in his time he would not have been such a curse to the world. A clear example of illiteracy being a disease. It is even more amazing to find how modern educated people can be muslims, maybe out of fear that they will be murdered by their brethren. They all know the truth but stand to defend the lies of their hopeless religion.
Re: Islam hates Women? by divinereal: 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2011
It is impossible to debate rationally with Islamists (and all fundamentalist religous people) as they conitnuously use circular reasoning in their discourse.  Realize that you have displayed that you have not looked at your religion from an objective stand point and refuse to develop critical thinking abilities as it pertains to Islam. I beckon you to come into the modern world, base your morality and reason on 21st century value system and not 7th century tribal Arabia.

Here are a few videos that I would like you guys to watch:

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ough-e6ThWE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[url]
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_JNPn_GNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[url]
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7w6Ysll2CA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[url]
Re: Islam hates Women? by divinereal: 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2011
Re: Islam hates Women? by Rockamon: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
The disease of Islam has many symptoms. They are known as: al-Qaeda, Fedayeen, Mufti Mujahideen, Turkey's Special Organization, Ustashi, Taliban, Fatah, PLO, Islamic Jihad, HAMAS, Hizballah, Abu Nidal, Shamil Basayev, Army of Muhammad, Order of Holy Warriors, Salafia Jihadia, Tawhid & Jihad, Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, ,
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
divinereal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ough-e6ThWE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_JNPn_GNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7w6Ysll2CA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

divinereal:

It is impossible to debate rationally with Islamists (and all fundamentalist religous people) as they conitnuously use circular reasoning in their discourse.  Realize that you have displayed that you have not looked at your religion from an objective stand point and refuse to develop critical thinking abilities as it pertains to Islam. I beckon you to come into the modern world, base your morality and reason on 21st century value system and not 7th century tribal Arabia.

Here are a few videos that I would like you guys to watch:

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ough-e6ThWE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[url]
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_JNPn_GNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[url]
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7w6Ysll2CA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[url]

I have watched all of the videos, some i have watched more than once. You are presenting just one side of the story,  From all of these guys, all you hear are snippets, verses taken out of context and hate.

I have looked at islam from a very objective point of view and it presents the best way of life. Islam is flexible to modern society without losing its modesty. We  live in an infested society. The rate of debauchery is never as seen before. Islam brings a tranquility to the heart that only muslims understand, that is why it remains the fastest growing religion in the world inspite of negative image accentuated after the horror of 9 /11. In America, islam has grown in 40 years from barely a hundred thousand people to about 10 million, and over 25% of american muslims are converts.

Learn about the history of the islamic civilisation and see how it revolutionalised the world when christian europe was in its dark ages. Do not think you know about islam when all you read is anti-islam. Try to understand why over 1.5 billion people believe in this religion.

I have read worst books and probably seen the worst videos that have attempted to paint islam in the worst possible light. This helped me to study the religion and gave me a better conviction about my faith.

Salam
Re: Islam hates Women? by divinereal: 3:37am On Jan 21, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nasfat, MSSN, TMC, Ansarudeen Etc. Are These Groups "SECTS"? / Difference Between Riba-based Banks And Islamic Banks / 10 Things To Do Before Ramadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 256
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.