Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Islam hates Women? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam hates Women? (9554 Views)

Don’t Celebrate What Allah Hates…the Festival Of Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam hates Women? by Lagosboy: 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2011
I have personally met Yvonne and held discussion with her at length. She was kidnapped by the Taliban which is a reason for her not to become Muslim but she did not become Muslim while in captivity but many months later when she arrived in the UK after reading the quran.

About lauryn please hymen never judge people like that as it is only Allah that knows the intention of everyone. Bankrupcy and conversion don't have any links and she does not have to be Muslim to get oil sheikh to give her a penny.

Anyway let's leave all these people and focus on ourselves, more importantly the few issues holding you back from the shahada.
Re: Islam hates Women? by hymen(f): 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2011
Lagosboy:

I have personally met Yvonne and held discussion with her at length. She was kidnapped by the Taliban which is a reason for her not to become Muslim but she did not become Muslim while in captivity but many months later when she arrived in the UK after reading the quran.

About lauryn please hymen never judge people like that as it is only Allah that knows the intention of everyone. Bankrupcy and conversion don't have any links and she does not have to be Muslim to get oil sheikh to give her a penny.

Anyway let's leave all these people and focus on ourselves, more importantly the few issues holding you back from the shahada.
N.b could you please drop me an email? Lagosboynl@gmail.com
OK. I'll try. . . . wink
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2011
And who are the muslims worshipping IFA,you know what,you better mind your mouth less Allah himself deal with you,what do you mean by some muslims deifying Orunmila and them not coming into Islam in full submission,you are just ignorant,thats all i can say,dnt let me say more than this ok,how many muslim have you seen worshipping Orunmilla with Allah and who told you they worship IFA?You just like giving false notion about things,and you claim you know things,get it right and clear,that muslims dnt worship Orunmila,as their shahada is already broken if they done that,so whats your problem ,why dnt you get other examples instead,hisses tongue.

Incase you are still ignorant,IFA is a religion just like christianity,judaism,all in thier distorted form,and worshippers refusing to accept the Quran as their last message or maybe not aware of its authenticity,each religion still claiming they are still intact just like OLAADEGBU,DAVIDLYAN,OSISI,and co would claim,and more over most of all the oracles youre badmouthing may be among the elites of paradise incase you dnt know,except the ones that truly claimed divinity that will go to hellfire,except you wanna  claim Jesus(pbuh)would go hellfire(naudhubillah)because the christians made him thier god,get it right,its the same thing to whoever deified Orunmila with Allah because he was meant to be just a messenger,all done against thier will.And dnt ever assume or conclude uplawal worshipped idol ok,even if i had the opportunity knowing my ancestor's religion does mean i worship Idol,or does worshipping OLOHUN means worshipping idol,just like you worship OLOHUN now.
Re: Islam hates Women? by hymen(f): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2011
uplawal:

And who are the muslims worshipping IFA,you know what,you better mind your mouth less Allah himself deal with you,what do you mean by some muslims deifying Orunmila and them not coming into Islam in full submission,you are just ignorant,thats all i can say,dnt let me say more than this ok,how many muslim have you seen worshipping Orunmilla with Allah and who told you they worship IFA?You just like giving false notion about things,and you claim you know things,get it right and clear,that muslims dnt worship Orunmila,as their shahada is already broken if they done that,so whats your problem ,why dnt you get other examples instead,hisses tongue.

Incase you are still ignorant,IFA is a religion just like christianity,judaism,all in thier distorted form,and worshippers refusing to accept the Quran as their last message or maybe not aware of its authenticity,each religion still claiming they are still intact just like OLAADEGBU,DAVIDLYAN,OSISI,and co would claim,and more over most of all the oracles youre badmouthing may be among the elites of paradise incase you dnt know,except the ones that truly claimed divinity that will go to hellfire,except you wanna claim Jesus(pbuh)would go hellfire(naudhubillah)because the christians made him thier god,get it right,its the same thing to whoever deified Orunmila with Allah because he was meant to be just a messenger,all done against thier will.And dnt ever assume or conclude uplawal worshipped idol ok,even if i had the opportunity knowing my ancestor's religion does mean i worship Idol,or does worshipping OLOHUN means worshipping idol,just like you worship OLOHUN now.

Someone seems to be losing it o ! undecided
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 31, 2011
@Hymen,how am i losing it,when you are actually the loser,hope you know that though?your problem still remains "you cant read" cos if you can,you won't have read it upside down again.
Re: Islam hates Women? by vedaxcool(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2011
hymen:

Do spell checking next time.

Your analysis is quite porous my dear. Women convert for many reasons. I have posted a thread on 'Love Jihad ' before https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419370.0.html

In addition ,some may do it to rebel or find solace when it seems their world is coming apart.

Just like many muslims also convert to christianity or atheism. You can never conclude the reasoning behind people's personal choices.

Its just like the popular statement 'there are 1.5 billion muslims' in the world  grin grin grin

It means absolutely nothing. We have over 2 billion hindus and buddhists  (idol worshippers),so does that mean anything.  undecided

The fastest growing religion in the world is atheism .

You prefer stating possibilities and then claiming that some this , some that, some etc, but how many actually are this some? shocked we need statistics not postulations, and you seem to fail to undersatnd what I am saying, which simply is, if a woman that enjoys all sort of freedom in the ever liberal west can decide to convert to Islam, despite all the negative propaganda despite, despite the alledged Misogynist views of Islam, simply puts to lie all this so called hatred they claim Islam has for women, women in the west remains the most sophisticated women in the world, if they can convert to Islam, this definately means Islam cannot be Misogynist, that was my arguement, but instead you started huffing and puffing that I was saying Islam is the right part because people are converting, and it is hardly an anology(like your smoking theory grin) it is more of using the issue as a rational explanation for certain event. On your claims that I can never conlcude what people's intention forn converting, then I suggest you follow your advice as we read you here claiming to read peoples intention:

hymen:

And yvonne was kidnapped by the Taliban  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ever heard of the 'Stockholm Syndrome' ??

This is not to say people will not convert for reasons of piety (or perceived piety). The point Im making is that we should not automatically attribute the conversion of previously godless people to Islam as a sign that Islam is good or bad for women.

People accept faiths based on personal conviction and circumstances.

smiley
hymen:

Lauren is hardly a good example my dear,reading between the lines ,she probably converted to get some sympathy from the oil shiekhs  grin grin sadconverted in September declared bankruptcy in Dec ). People have different personal problems we can never explain,though they may come out to say things to make others feel good.

Do learn to follow your own advice before giving them.

On the issue of atheism being the fastest growing religion, ma I dare say emphatically that is far from the truth! if you have any contra- statistics bring it forth.
On a final note, the topic is really about women being hated by Islam, and I say if Islam is being accepted by women of various backgrounds than it is an indication that they do not view the religion as hating them.
Re: Islam hates Women? by dexmond: 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2011
According to Islam, women are not intelligent.

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "Isn't the witness of a women equal to half that of a man?" The women said "yes". He said "This is because of the deficiency of the women's mind."

Sahih Bukhari 3:48:826

Woman are an Evil Omen

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: I heard the Prophet saying. "Evil omen is in three things: The horse, the woman and the house."

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:110

Women Will Never Successfully Rule Nations

Narrated Abu Bakra: During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."

Sahih Bukhari 9:88:219

A man should not be asked why he beats his wife

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

Abu Dawud 11:2142

he Qur'an allows Wife Beating

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Qur'an 4:34
Re: Islam hates Women? by dexmond: 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2011
undecided
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 05, 2011
Those disgusting ahadiths upthere was never said by the prophet,they were made up,just like most of them,yet some ignorant muslims are so proud of them.
Re: Islam hates Women? by dexmond: 1:25am On Feb 05, 2011
Those disgusting ahadiths upthere was never said by the prophet,they were made up,just like most of them,yet some ignorant muslims are so proud of them.

The problem with Muslims is that they deny there "holy books" when it is convenient. They will claim that Sahih Bukhari, Muslim and Abu Huraira are the most authentic, at the same time saying they were forged. I think it is not about the forgery but the fundamentals of Islam is faulty.
Re: Islam hates Women? by dexmond: 1:29am On Feb 05, 2011
Re: Islam hates Women? by dexmond: 1:32am On Feb 05, 2011
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 05, 2011
Only Quran is Authentic,except ahadith that correlate with Quran,if not ,i dnt think is wise to accept them.
Re: Islam hates Women? by dexmond: 2:50am On Feb 05, 2011
It is unfortunate that you have to say this. You mean the prophets sunnah should be jettisoned? I am sure not many Muslims will agree with you. The prophet said you should follow his sunnah and that of abu bakri, now you are saying his sunnah is bad. I think, it is not about the prophets sunnah, but about what Islam as a religion stands for. Do you know that the noble prophet strucked Aisha on the chest? Do you know that abu bakri did the same thing to her? Islam indeed hates women.
Re: Islam hates Women? by Sweetnecta: 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2011
@dexmond: [Quote]It is unfortunate that you have to say this. You mean the prophets sunnah should be jettisoned? I am sure not many Muslims will agree with you. The prophet said you should follow his sunnah and that of abu bakri, now you are saying his sunnah is bad. I think, it is not about the prophets sunnah, but about what Islam as a religion stands for. Do you know that the noble prophet strucked Aisha on the chest? Do you know that abu bakri did the same thing to her? Islam indeed hates women.[/Quote]on the bold you are on your own, until you bring a reliable "proof", that agrees with the Quran, since Muhammad [AS] was the embodiment of that honored Book.

a hadith that will proof you and those who believe the bold as lie will be brought out to show your ignorance. I easily could have left you alone without responding to your allegation, the way a person who is deranged should be left alone. I think your problem is that of an ignorant man, borne out of the bigotry that you grow up on against the religion of Islam.

i did not even think you need a response on your hatred of Islam, seeing that those who have eyes may not necessarily see. But to lie against Muhammad and the father of Aisha is the lowest of gutter tactics you can employ, and came out of the gate with it all.

Muhammad [as], a man through whom Allah the Almighty elevated the status of women, and preserved the lives of female daughters is now presented by your filthy mind as a wife striker, when his mere touching of one his male companion with a poked finger, caused him to ask the man to retaliate, immediately. the same Muhammad [as] that his mere turning of his face away from a man caused Allah to revealed Surah Abasa! dont you have any sense, if you have no shame at all that if he had struck his wife, Allah would have used that incident to tell us how to strike a person or a wife, instead of the example of Prophet Job's reactionary to his wife? it is also shameful that you lied on Abu Bakr [ra] a man who kept his daughter instead of letting her go with her mother who refused to enter Islam with the whole family!

a father like that is not a man who will then resort to beating or striking his precious daughter, instead of protecting her. Please tell us when the case of Abu Bakr abusing Aisha [ra] took place relative to her becoming a wife of the Messenger, is it before or after, not forgetting that you and your claim that she was married and living with the prophet at age 6. shall a father therefor beat his daughter before then or enter her husband's home to do the beating, considering that Umar bin Khattab [ra] who was more feisty was not allowed to strike his daughter Afsah [ra], based on the story in Surah Azhab of wives [ra] conspiring against the Messenger?

You better stop being a liar before your time is definitely up. And with all the hatred, it is in Islam that Eve was not blamed alone for the eating from the tree. It is also the religion that commands a woman to be known by her father's name, even after she is married. It is in Islam that the full freedom of her person is written.

yesterday i saw a video if the Imam of Masjid Haram, Dr. Adel Al Kalbani saying that we should separate what Islam says from how fathers and or husbands deal with their daughters and or wives. it makes sense since we see very clearly that for example alcohol is rejected by Islam, yet we have muslims who consume it, openly or secretly, knowing its prohibition. the same deviance I see in the matter of women treatment by men. some observe the order of Islam while most react based on their gender bias or outlook.
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2011
Sweetnecta,eventhough the hadiths seems bad,but yet its does exist in the hadiths,The Aishah one is in muslim sahih muslim4:2127while Aishat and Dad one is in Sahih bUkhari8,8:828,dnt get too persoanal about it,ok.Most ahadiths makes the Prophet(pbuh) looks horrrible (Naudhubillah).
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2011
dexmond:

According to Islam, women are not intelligent.

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "Isn't the witness of a women equal to half that of a man?" The women said "yes". He said "This is because of the deficiency of the women's mind."

Sahih Bukhari 3:48:826

Mr dexmond, let's work through this shall we?? There are hadith commentaries that will do you a lot of good.

The word defficiency should be replaced by ‘weakness’ or weak point (cause of the context of the hadith)

Notice very carefully here that Prophet Muhammad said "woman's mind" and not "woman's brain". No where in any Islamic doctrine do we see any ridiculous uneducated and unscientific claim against women or anyone. The women's brains and ability to think is not what is being criticized here. A women’s mind is by it’s nature different from a men’s. A women is more shy and has a lot more patience and emotions in them than men (this is one of the blessings that Allah Almighty had created in women to enable them to raise children), this is a quality which men have less, but this isn’t something discriminating against men, the same applies fot this hadith. Women can easily get frightened and become into panic cause of her emotions. This by itself will effect the woman's ACCURACY in her witness if she is asked to explain what happened in a certain event.

When the prophet in this hadith talks about lack of intellect, he does not talk about potential of brain or capacity of talent or skill (we also clearly proof that the correct translation would be ‘mind’ instead of ‘intellect‘) A woman is overloaded by being a mother or a babysitter or pregnant. All these carriers are around the clock, because of what she is, she is always likely to forget more than a man who is devoted to one career only. Thats why the prophet (saw) said:

‘"Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the weak point in her mind’

(The Prophet (saw) didn’t say anything here about a women’s brain or ability to think.)

Allah is merciful, he forgives her and makes it easy for her when she is not fully responsible to give a full testimony as a witness. Nothing of that is defaming a woman, there is not a law that discriminates a woman to put her down. Notice how Allah Almighty said in the Noble Verse about this issue ", it is juster in the sight of God, More suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves, (The Noble Quran, 2:282)" So it is the perfect justice and the 100% complete accuracy that Allah Almighty is concerned about here.
Re: Islam hates Women? by Sweetnecta: 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Uplawal: Salaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah. Thanks for your support and advise. The above quotes of dexmond are parts of the over all reason[s] I say that Hadith that has no basis in Quran is not truly "HADITH". The Sunnah of the Messenger [AS] goes against him beating a woman. I dont dare beat a woman, and while I am inferior in morality to Muhammad, it is Sunnah that strengthens me from even daring to strike at a woman or start any fight.
The below is a testament that just retaliation [qisas] is well known among muslims and Muhammad [as] would have asked Aisha to retaliate, even as ABu Bakr [ra] had asked in the story of Rabi'a ibn Kab.  www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/sahabah/RABIAH_IBN_KAB.html - Cached

Rabiah ibn Kab

Here is the story of Rabiah told in his own words: "I was still quite young when the light of iman shone through me and my heart was opened to the teachings of Islam. And when my eyes beheld the Messenger of God, for the first time, I loved him with a love that possessed my entire being. I loved him to the exclusion of everyone else.

One day I said to myself:

'Woe to you, Rabi'ah. Why don't you put yourself completely in the service of the Messenger of God, peace be on him. Go and suggest this to him. If he is pleased with you, you would find happiness in being near him. You will be successful through love for him and you will have the good fortune of obtaining the good in this world and the good in the next.' . . . . .

. . . . The Prophet then gave me a piece of land near Abu Bakr's. From then I became concerned with the dunya, with material things. I had a dispute with Abu Bakr over a palm tree.

'It is in my land,' I insisted. 'No, it is in my land,' Abu Bakr countered. We started to argue. Abu Bakr cursed me, but as soon as he had uttered the offending word, he felt sorry and said to me: 'Rabiah, say the same word to me so that it could be considered as qisas -just retaliation.' 'No by God, I shall not,' I said.

'In that case, replied Abu Bakr. 'I shall go the Messenger of God and complain to him about your refusal to retaliate against me measure for measure.'

He set off and I followed him. My tribe, the Banu Asiam, also set off behind me protesting indignantly: 'He's the one who cursed you first and then he goes off to the Prophet before you to complain about you!' I turned to them and said: 'Woe to you! Do you know who this is? This is As-Siddiq, and he is the respected elder of the Muslims. Go back before he turns around, sees you and thinks that you have come to help me against him. He would then be more incensed and go to the Prophet in anger. The Prophet would get angry on his account. Then Allah would be angry on their account and Rabi'ah would be finished.' They turned back.

Abu Bakr went to the Prophet and related the incident as it had happened. The Prophet raised his head and said to me:

'O Rabi'ah, what's wrong with you and as-Siddiq?' 'Messenger of God, he wanted me to say the same words to him as he had said to me and I did not.'

'Yes, don't say the same word to him as he had said to you. Instead say: 'May God forgive you Abu Bakr.' With tears in his eyes, Abu Bakr went away while saying: 'May God reward you with goodness for my sake, O Rabiah ibn Kab, 'May God reward you with goodness for my sake, O Rabiah ibn Kaab, "

other materials to know the truth from fallacies;

Seerah - the life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) - www.musalla.org/Articles/Seerah/seerah14.htm - Cached - Similar

The Forgiveness By The Prophet Muhammad [as] - www.articlesbase.com/, /the-forgiveness-by-the-prophet-muhammad-2009669.html - Cached

Who is Muhammad? - www.iisna.com/articles/index.php?sid=pamphlets&id=27 - Cached
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2011
@sweetnecta,Wa leikum salam Waramatulah Wabarakatu.

Could You give me the hadith number of the above story?

What about the verse that Allah(SWT)Said husband should beat thier wives?
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2011
dexmond:

Woman are an Evil Omen

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: I heard the Prophet saying. "Evil omen is in three things: The horse, the woman and the house."

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:110

Trust Dexmond to quote this, It basically tells you to avoid the evil that exists in attaining worldly possessions and of course in women. It doesn't say all women are evil, but one of man's weaknesses is in his dealings with women and with wealth. Note that it doesn't say women are evil rather that evil can come from them,
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2011
@tbaba1234, Hey stop defending rubbish,and dnt try to twist the words and meaning there,why dnt you accept that a fantastic person like Prophet Muhammad can never say such thing,its all made up,cant you think?

He never said all those rubbish i repeat,dnt try to defend the hadiths simply because they manged to get into Sahih category.Dnt be dumb.
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2011
@tbaba,whats the difference btw

Women are evil Omen & Women are goodtraders,

Common its a direct speech that was never said by our Noble Prophet,Ghaskia!
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2011
dexmond:

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Qur'an 4:34

There is a word used in the Arabic that carries a much wider meaning than the word "hit" or "beat" in English. This word is often mistranslated as "beat lightly" It would be better understood as the English term "percuss" (Percuss - a light tap or thump) - an action doctors use while examining patients upper torso - light tapping while listening to their backs or chests.

What about the treatement of the women in Islam. Why does the Quran tell men to "wadhribu hunna" - "Does this mean to "beat their wives"?

No, it does not. (read this answer slowly and carefully)

The prophet of Allah, Muhammad, peace be upon him, tells us Allah has said,
"Before the creation of the universe, I forbid that I would oppress and I hate when anyone oppresses."

r-rejalu qawwa muna 'alan-nisa'a bima fadhdhallahu ba'dhahum 'ala bi'dhi wa bima anfaqu min amwalihim. Fas-saliHatu qaintat HafaTHatul-lilghaybi bimaa HafiTHal-lahu, wal-lati takhaafuna nushuza hunna fa'iTHuu hunnaa wa hjuruu hunna fiil-lmadhaa ji'i wadhribu hunna. Faa'in aTa'nakum flaa tabghuu 'alayhinna sabiilan. Innal-laha kaana 'aliyaan kabiira(n).

One Explanation (tafsir) given of this surahc (chapter 4:34) according to some scholars is:
“Men are the support of women as God gives some more means than others, and because they spend of their wealth (to provide for them). So women who are virtuous are obedient to God and guard the hidden as God has guarded it. As for women who are averse in behavior, talk to them suasively, leave them alone in bed and tap them (like a doctor would tap a patient - lightly), if they open out to you, do not seek an excuse for blaming them. Surely God is sublime and great.”

Meaning of the Words
For the three words fa'izu, wahjaru, and wadribu in the original, translated here 'talk to them suasively,' 'leave them alone (in bed - fi'l-madage'),' and tap lightly (percuss them), respectively,

Fa'izu (to use persuasive speech or admonishment)
Fa'izu, implies the first step should be to make clear to them using straight talk, the position they are in and what is required to comply with the teaching of Islam. This approach may be repeated until it is established she has understood and is willing to comply and come back into line with the proper expected of a Muslim woman. (comentary provided by Yusuf Estes)

Hajara - Wahjaru (do not touch or moleste them)
Hajara, he says, means to separate body from body, and points out that the expression wahjaru hunna metaphorically means to refrain from touching or molesting them. Zamakhshari is more explicit in his Kshshaf when he says, 'do not get inside their blankets.'

Daraba (tap lightly as 'percuss', not to beat)
daraba lightly tap them (women).' This view is strengthened by the Prophet's authentic hadith found in a number of authorities, including Bukhari and Muslim:

"Could any of you beat your wife as he would a slave, and then lie with her in the evening?"

There are other traditions in Abu Da'ud, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad bin Hanbal and others, to the effect that he forbade the beating of any woman, saying:

"Never beat God's handmaidens."
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2011
uplawal:

@tbaba,whats the difference btw

Women are evil Omen & Women are goodtraders,

Common its a direct speech that was never said by our Noble Prophet,Ghaskia!
uplawal:

@tbaba1234, Hey stop defending rubbish,and dnt try to twist the words and meaning there,why dnt you accept that a fantastic person like Prophet Muhammad can never say such thing,its all made up,cant you think?

He never said all those rubbish i repeat,dnt try to defend the hadiths simply because they manged to get into Sahih category.Dnt be dumb.

Salam sister,

I do not doubt the possibility of fabricated hadiths (Allah knows best), but the hadiths he has quoted are relatively easy to explain.

It doesn't say women are evil omens, it says for men evil exists in the form of women and worldly things, the house and his horse.

I assure you, i am not dumb and I will not defend a hadith that goes against the Quran, You have to understand that we are playing with words here,

And Allah knows best
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2011
dexmond:

Women Will Never Successfully Rule Nations

Narrated Abu Bakra: During the battle of Al-Jamal, Allah benefited me with a Word (I heard from the Prophet). When the Prophet heard the news that the people of the Persia had made the daughter of Khosrau their Queen (ruler), he said, "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."

Sahih Bukhari 9:88:219

Now, this hadith is a subject of debate amongst many muslims, because we see that women in the early years had a lot of power.

Those who claim that women cannot held leadership positions rely on this hadith.

From the earliest days of muslim scholarship, even those jurists who implicitly accept the hadith above as containing some injunction have differed on the meaning of it.
Abu Hanifa permits a woman to hold public office, even to be a judge in matters in which her testimony is admissible, that is all cases other than those involving fixed penalties and retaliation.
Ibn Hazm in his muhalla, allows a woman to hold every office apart from that of the head of state based on this hadith. Hafiz Ibn Hajr indicates in fathul bari that Imam Tabari not only supports the unrestricted appointment of woman to judgeship, he permitted also her appointment as head of state.

A similar view is also reported from Imam Malik Ibn Anas and adopted by some maliki jurists. It is also not true that the leadership of muslims by women is a modern phenomenon caused by westernisation. Various muslim communities at various times have been de-facto or de-jure ruled by women. Women have ruled Muslim communities and their leadership was accepted and respected by the scholars of those communities.

The general concensus is that women can hold a range of leadership position except maybe the post of leading a country.

And Allah knows best.
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2011
@tbaba,the original meaning is beat or hit,its just recently people changed it to tap lightly,Allah is trying to tell us here that we are human/men,and not ghost,if a woman keeps nagging and you've done all necessary acts to control her stupidity,yet she continues,then you can beat her,and theres no blame for that,tapping lightly ofcourse is never gonna solve the issue btw the couples at that moment.

Is the man in question gonna just tap her,as if hes telling her to shift he wanna adjust himself on the bed.Allah is right in whatever he reveal and He knows why he revealled it,so dnt try to change Allahs words.

A sane woman that is not troublesome would have long given up whatever trouble she is causing after all entreatise,and beating will not be in the picture,While some troublesome women that will never listen,requires beating,then,they can fear thier Lord and Hubby and do the right thing.

I BELIEVE IS NOT A BADTHING,SO FAR IS CARRIED OUT AFTER ALL NECESSARY STEPS
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2011
@tbaba,again,the hadith upthere is false too.

In the Quran, Queen of Sheba was a learder of a country too,so theres nothing stopping a woman who wants to rule in leadership.

But prefarerably the Hadiths should have just said the Prophet said, Able-Women whose children are well matured/middleage women /and not childbearing age women can rule,and any woman found contrary to these conditions should not rule a country,so they can take care of thier home well
Re: Islam hates Women? by dexmond: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2011
@ Sweetnecta

on the bold you are on your own, until you bring a reliable "proof", that agrees with the Quran, since Muhammad [AS] was the embodiment of that honored Book.

My brother, I love Muslims and I want them saved from deception.

Muhammad Struck Aisha

Sahih Muslim 4:2127

, He (Muhammad b. Qais) then reported that it was 'A'isha who had narrated this: Should I not narrate to you about myself and about the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? We said: Yes. She said: When it was my turn for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to spend the night with me, he turned his side, put on his mantle and took off his shoes and placed them near his feet, and spread the corner of his shawl on his bed and then lay down till he thought that I had gone to sleep. He took hold of his mantle slowly and put on the shoes slowly, and opened the door and went out and then closed it lightly. I covered my head, put on my veil and tightened my waist wrapper, and then went out following his steps till he reached Baqi'. He stood there and he stood for a long time. He then lifted his hands three times, and then returned and I also returned. He hastened his steps and I also hastened my steps. He ran and I too ran. He came (to the house) and I also came (to the house). I, however, preceded him and I entered (the house), and as I lay down in the bed, he (the Holy Prophet) entered the (house), and said: Why is it, O 'A'isha, that you are out of breath? I said: There is nothing. He said: Tell me or the Subtle and the Aware would inform me. I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?, "

Please confirm the hadith http://www.iium.edu.my/deed/hadith/muslim/004c_smt.html#203_b4

Muhammad allowed for Abu Bakr and Umar to slap Aisha and Hafsa

Sahih Muslim 9:3506

Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them) reported: Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) came and sought permission to see Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He found people sitting at his door and none amongst them had been granted permission, but it was granted to Abu Bakr and he went in. Then came 'Umar and he sought permission and it was granted to him, and he found Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) sitting sad and silent with his wives around him. He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: I would say something which would make the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) laugh, so he said: Messenger of Allah, I wish you had seen (the treatment meted out to) the daughter ofKhadija when you asked me some money, and I got up and slapped her on her neck. Allah's Messenger (mav peace be upon him) laughed and said: They are around me as you see, asking for extra money. Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him) then got up went to 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) and slapped her on the neck, and 'Umar stood up before Hafsa and slapped her saying: You ask Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which he does not possess. They said: By Allah, we do not ask Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) for anything he does not possess. Then he withdrew from them for a month or for twenty-nine days. Then this verse was revealed to him:" Prophet: Say to thy wives, for a mighty reward" (xxxiii. 28). He then went first to 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) and said: I want to propound something to you, 'A'isha, but wish no hasty reply before you consult your parents. She said: Messenger of Allah, what is that? He (the Holy Prophet) recited to her the verse, whereupon she said: Is it about you that I should consult my parents, Messenger of Allah? Nay, I choose Allah, His Messenger, and the Last Abode; but I ask you not to tell any of your wives what I have said He replied: Not one of them will ask me without my informing her. God did not send me to be harsh, or cause harm, but He has sent me to teach and make things easy.

Please confirm the hadith http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/009.smt.html#009.3506

You ask me to bring a proof that agrees with the Quran, unfortunately, the Sunnah of the prophet and his companions in most cases do not tally with the Quran! Although, the Quran in chapters 68:4 and 33:21 says that Muhammad is the perfect example for all men, the evidence from the Islamic scriptures tend to point otherwise. The best example is JESUS who was free from the touch of Satan.

Sahih Muslim, Book 030, Number 5838

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The satan touches every son of Adam on the day when his mother gives birth to him WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MARY AND HER SON.

To further prove the above, the bible talking about Jesus says in 1 Peter 2:22 - "He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth".
Re: Islam hates Women? by tbaba1234: 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2011
dexmond:

My brother, I love Muslims and I want them saved from deception.

This is probably the funniest thing, i have heard. God knows who need to be saved from deception and it is not the muslims,
Re: Islam hates Women? by congoshine(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2011
The way you people argue over arab folklore is trully disturbing angry angry

I wonder how many of you can discuss the history of your ethnic group like this.

Just because someone is reported to have said he's from God doesn't mean it is so. . . .

[size=18pt]Wake up black people,end this imprisonment of the mind.[/size]
Re: Islam hates Women? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2011
@Congoshine,could you each me thru thanks
Re: Islam hates Women? by congoshine(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2011
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Difference Between Riba-based Banks And Islamic Banks / 10 Things To Do Before Ramadan. / Alleged Satanic Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.