Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,032 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. (3040 Views)

Strictly For L.A.D.I.E.S (let's Discuss) / Amazing Nigerian Couple Recreate F.R.I.E.N.D.S Photoshoot For Their Pre-wedding / Why Are Ugly Guys To Attractive To Preety Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by Mcleo007(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2011
Hello NL'ers, I wrote an article on this topic on my blog last year and actually felt like raising it up here for discussion. There is no denying it that in marriage,even courting relationships; there are moments or times when you don't find your wife (sometimes,its the other way round) attractive to you. It may that something abt her which used to draw her to u suddenly dissappears. The reasons are not peculiar actually. I want educative responses on this please.
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by Phate07(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2011

Emmm, am not yet married. angry
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by iyatrustee(f): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2011
marriage is for better for worse. Worse here could refer to when the laws of gravity has taken its toll on the tight babe you married years back. Truth is, you cannot expect a woman who has brestfed 3-4 babies to still be like she was when you met here. As a woman, i would agree that we at times dont help matters, just because you are married doesnt mean you should be relaxed about your appearance. Personally, i do more make up [s]cos it helps in concealing some of the old age[/s] now that i have kids than when i was a single lady so it would be hard for my husband to blame me in case he misbehaves outside grin grin!
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by Mcleo007(m): 9:32am On Jan 11, 2011
@phate07, aint married as well but I counsel married ppl.
@iyatrustee, u have a fair point there. I quite agree wiv u,but aside make-ups (whc obviously doesn't last) are there other ways u as a woman stay attractive to ur husband?
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by iyatrustee(f): 10:00am On Jan 11, 2011
Mcleo007:

@phate07, aint married as well but I counsel married ppl.
@iyatrustee, u have a fair point there. I quite agree wiv u,but aside make-ups (whc obviously doesn't last) are there other ways u as a woman stay attractive to your husband?

Physically,the most important thing is to keep that thing your husband saw that attracted him to you in the first place. In my case, i would say it is my trim body which is why i believe in wearing what is smart like jeans etc. just because you are married doesnt mean you have been sentenced to wearing wrapper alone. I also try to maintain my figure by exercising to maintain my shape (i notice some hitherto slim women become fat after childbirth)
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by Mcleo007(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2011
Trim body. Hmmmmm! I'm glad u knw wat attracted ur hubby to u. With that knowledge u can always keep him to urself. Funny some women don't knw this.
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by iice(f): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
Moments of unattractiveness is not bad. It's after all, moments. Not everyone can be 'on' all the time

Anyway, i think one just has to communicate properly.
Remember the other attractive qualities too. Don't compare to other people.
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by MrsEve2(f): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
If my husband become unattractive which I doubt it but if he do. I will still love my husband. I am in love with who he is not what he look like. What he look like is A GREAT BONUS. I don't think I will be going anywhere. They don't make men like him often. Hold on gotta pour him some more cheerios.
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by medjai(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2011
file for divorce
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by Dsense(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2011
OP.
It's just a normal moment . .It happens in every relationships,But some people do handle it wrongly mostly,Cause they feel the beloved ones had just lost his/her talent or something he or she used to find so attractive in her/ him . . . . . . But It's just something we need to understand propperly . . .We shouldn't always expect things to be right all the time,It's well today and tomorrow might not be the same.All we got to do is to hold tight to the half part,gear and charge her/him up again and we ll definitely have things back on the track.
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 12, 2011
Marriage is about encouraging and been there for each other undecided If you no longer find your wife attractive, there must be a reason. For example maybe she put on a bit of weight, she is not taking good care of herself anymore or she's not putting much effort into her appearance.

My father always used to say, "instead of looking at other women and wishing your wife was like them cus they have beautiful skin, hair, body or nice sense of fashion", ''Why don't you spend that time, and money on your wife to make her look that way too?" (very true)

So yea, if you believe your wife has put on some weight, encourage her to lose it (nicely) if she stop dressing the way she used to, suprise her, with beautiful clothing (she will get the hint) Or if she altogether stop taking care of her appearance, find out why she could be depressed. That do not call for a second wife or a divorce, because even men get unattractive at a period of time, that do not mean that we will drop your asses and go looking for another hot guy.
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by 190: 4:40am On Jan 12, 2011
^^Rokiatu

Thanks a mille for that, You just said what and xplained all what my dad did 2 my mom
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by Mcleo007(m): 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Rokiatu, I so love ur analysis. That's terrific.
@190, hw do u mean o?
Re: When Your Wife Is No Longer Attractive To You I.e When You Longer Find Her Attractive. by tpia6: 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2011

(1) (Reply)

A Womans Love Is: Great: A Mans Love: Is Unrealistic / When She Demands For Sex And You're Not Ready / Can 9ja Woman Fall Inlove With This Man No Matter His Money? Pic Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.