Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? (1329 Views)

The “Green Light” That Tells You She Is ‘really’ In Love With You. / How Do U Know If A Guy Is Really In Love With You? / How do u know If u/ur girl is really in love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 6:14am On Jan 12, 2011
Sometimes, I feel like majority of people in a relationship are not "in love" with their partner. Or they are waiting for the love to develop over time.

To me, it's difficult to have a relationship where both partners are in love with each other. One is usually on the short end of the stick. That's my belief. What's your take?
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by 190: 6:17am On Jan 12, 2011
never done that.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 6:21am On Jan 12, 2011
how many people have you dated? you sure you were "in love" or attracted to all of them?
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by 190: 6:24am On Jan 12, 2011
every single one of them, dated 3-4ladies my entire life and the least was two and a half years
till someone stole her from me with a ring~
Was attracted to each and everyone of them till recently~
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 6:26am On Jan 12, 2011
how old are you?
that's great. are you one of those who fall in love easily?
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by 190: 6:28am On Jan 12, 2011
Lol,

Story  of 190 grin grin

Kant say my age but definitely  not close to 26  grin grin
and i dont fall easily, i look for traits in my kind of woman before going for her
No need starting something that would cause you headache later, thats wat i always kept in mind
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 6:29am On Jan 12, 2011
what do you mean by "story of 190"?
hahah so you're 26 tongue. anyways that's good.

I think you are an exception to the rule sha until I hear more responses. who knows, I might be wrong.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by 190: 6:33am On Jan 12, 2011
ROTFLMAFAO!!

I said Im not even close to 26
Thats the best i can tell you,

and back to your topic
yes i had friends who wanted flings and ended up staying
as of result of good sex, pregnancy among other stuff

some people fall in love,
Others grow in love,

I used to fall in love but after tonight i think growing in love is way worth it
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Dyt(f): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2011
@topic
attraction comes b4 datin
even if u r gonna b flings
m always attracted 2 my own men sha
i date only dose m attracted 2
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by hbabe(f): 7:50am On Jan 12, 2011
I am very much attracted to my partner and I have never dated a guy I am not attracted to.
I think OP has attraction and love all mixed up as one and same thing! People start relationships because they are attracted to each other and may have fallen in love or hope to fall in love along the line. The attraction is what starts the relationship and its love that keeps it going.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 7:58am On Jan 12, 2011
hbabe:

People start relationships because they are attracted to each other and may have fallen in love or hope to fall in love along the line.

yea  I meant love. i've modified the topic title sha
how do you know when you are in love? have you dated guys you were not in love with? when did you realize you were falling in love or in love?
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by hbabe(f): 8:09am On Jan 12, 2011
Hmmmm! I am not good at this love stuff. When I am in love I have so many feelings including:-
Admiration and respect for the person; the desire to spend time with him; excitement when he calls; always happy to see him or hear his name or stories about him; feeling of protection towards him from pain, shame and hurt; like to be cuddled close to him; always looking out for things that will please him and help him make progress; interest in his affairs and a strong desire to have sex with him.
I will say there's the general desire to see him happy and a willingness to make sacrifices to be with him and make the relationship grow.
Did I mention that I am always happy to be with him and that he always makes me smile even if his jokes are dry!
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 8:12am On Jan 12, 2011
congrats. i dey envy u o wink
have you dated someone you were not in love with in d past? if yes, how did that work?
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Meklex(m): 8:27am On Jan 12, 2011
hbabe:

Hmmmm! I am not good at this love stuff. When I am in love I have so many feelings including:-
Admiration and respect for the person; the desire to spend time with him; excitement when he calls; always happy to see him or hear his name or stories about him; feeling of protection towards him from pain, shame and hurt; like to be cuddled close to him; always looking out for things that will please him and help him make progress; interest in his affairs and a strong desire to have intimacy with him.
I will say there's the general desire to see him happy and a willingness to make sacrifices to be with him and make the relationship grow.
Did I mention that I am always happy to be with him and that he always makes me smile even if his jokes are dry!
wow! Who says love isn't life. Live ya life.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by hbabe(f): 8:31am On Jan 12, 2011
I have done that; once it worked out and we actually had a beautiful relationship and another time it didn't work out, I couldn't love him enough. Everyone said we were right for each other so I went in with the hope that love will come but alas nothing changed and that unfortunately is my most bitter break-up coz family and friends were involved.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by hbabe(f): 8:47am On Jan 12, 2011
@Meklex
Thanks. I dey try.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by babyme1(f): 8:49am On Jan 12, 2011
@190 I can see your siggy has changed again. Had a fight with Mzdark? shocked U must be a very confused guy lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Meklex(m): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2011
You dey try no be small(thumbs up) anyways 'my girl' nah another tori for another bwoody day!
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 9:17am On Jan 12, 2011
^ tell us your story biko. shey u dey sing d'banj fall in love every time u set ur eyes on her?
what about her? is it reciprocal?

me i'm curious.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Meklex(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ tell us your story biko. shey u dey sing d'banj fall in love every time u set your eyes on her?
what about her? is it reciprocal?

me i'm curious.
my song don turn to Grenade by bruno mars.
The girl is everything the dictionary explained as heartless.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2011
and you are in love with her. am i correct?
accept my sincere condolences sha
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by adagz01(m): 9:35am On Jan 12, 2011
You cannot just fall in love with some1 just like that but u can get attracted to him/her then love will come in along the line.

BTW,what is love,
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by hbabe(f): 9:36am On Jan 12, 2011
@Meklex
Sorry o. I hope this year brings true love your way.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Orton10(m): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2011
Hmmm.
Well as for, most of gurls the i've dated, the love, the lust and attraction towards them died gradually, cos the more i live with them, i get to know them more, those things i taught i saw in them vanishes and then i get bored with time, the relationship becomes too dull for my liking - lacking dat initial glow, chemistry, fire and attraction that existed during the toasting/wooing stage.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 9:43am On Jan 12, 2011
Orton1_0:

Hmmm.
Well as for, most of gurls the i've dated, the love, the lust and attraction towards them died gradually, cos the more i live with them, i get to know them more, those things i taught i saw in them vanishes and then i get bored with time, the relationship becomes too dull for my liking - lacking dat initial glow, chemistry, fire and attraction that existed during the toasting/wooing stage.

and how do they feel? were they still in love with you? how did you leave the relationships?
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Meklex(m): 9:48am On Jan 12, 2011
Jenifa_:

and you are in love with her. am i correct?
accept my sincere condolences sha  

initially I loved her anyways she aint my wifey so why the condolences lol Life must go on!
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Meklex(m): 9:52am On Jan 12, 2011
hbabe:

@Meklex
Sorry o. I hope this year brings true love your way.
Thanks.
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 10:02am On Jan 12, 2011
Meklex:

initially I loved her anyways she aint my wifey so why the condolences lol Life must go on!

my apologies then. why do you call her "your girl" then? she's your ex right?
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Omolola1(f): 10:03am On Jan 12, 2011
Yes o! am not only in love, am inside love! didnt know i could ever be dis much in love
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Jenifa1: 10:05am On Jan 12, 2011
^ una don come again. undecided
aren't you 190's e-girlfriend abi na e-ex-girlfriend? I lost track.
anyways congrats. i'm just pulling ur leg tongue cool
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by iice(f): 10:11am On Jan 12, 2011
Johnny? Absofreakinglutely
Re: Are You Really in Love With Your Partner? by Omolola1(f): 10:12am On Jan 12, 2011
yaaaay! how u take know dat one na? anyway, am veri sure ds isnt about e-love, its d real syd, ryt?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help; Love Or Lust? / Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? / He Said I Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.