Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,839 members, 7,851,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown (86415 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Akeredolu Mulls Defection To AA As APC Considers His Suspension / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 9:49pm On May 09, 2020
Jakemedg:
how is lockdown tyrannical?
You don't lock down healthy people.its infringing on their rights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by CanadaOrBust: 9:49pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:

whats happening.. just few days I didn't check scores on them now 80.000

That’s how coro rolls. They got tired of lockdowns and started opening up, reasoning that something must kill a man

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by boyjo: 9:50pm On May 09, 2020
byinks:

You can't tackle a respiratory virus with lockdown.
Ask any reasonable epidemiologist. Not NCDC ooo

Babes, you never answer my question.
Why you talk stay home on Monday thing wey you talk? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Conze: 9:51pm On May 09, 2020
Too bad,thanks to nyesom wike for being proactive regardless of what people are saying.

How can u ease lockdown when the virus is still very much around u and increasing each day

How incredibly disappointing to have another lockdown which will definitely mean lack of planning and incompetence by handler's of this issue in Lagos and Abuja particularly

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Luckydubby7(m): 9:51pm On May 09, 2020
Emmasnoop:
When we have a useless Government what do u expect from the hungry citizens,you expect motorist to reduce the numbers of passagers when the ticket they buy daily is still very high, stupid idiots.
. That's exactly what am saying here. Watch out different kind of taxes poor masses will pay as from next year in Lagos. Then they wouldn't remember that they locked people down for 2 to 3 months without doing or earning anything.
Very soon house rent, shop rent, office rent, and warehouse lease will expire, NEPA bill, water bill, lawma bills, security bill, land used act are all there growing inside lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by xreal: 9:51pm On May 09, 2020
fortran12:

Will pallatives pay the house rent at the end of the month?

Depends on what form of palliative it is.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Miracle1991: 9:53pm On May 09, 2020
Memberclub:
By next week Lagos will likely be having around 800 cases per day. And the way things are happening in the north is another huge problem.

Good thing I already have my international passport
to where? US,UK, ITALY, FRANCE, CANADA, GERMANY etc.all of them looking for where to run to.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by taland(m): 9:55pm On May 09, 2020
Unfortunately the most ignorant people are not reading this and they'll keep saying government just dey show statistics where are the sick people

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Miracle1991: 9:56pm On May 09, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. That's exactly what am saying here. Watch out different kind of taxes poor masses will pay as from next year in Lagos. Then they wouldn't remember that they locked people down for 2 to 3 months without doing or earning anything.
Very soon house rent, shop rent, office rent, and warehouse lease will expire, NEPA bill, water bill, lawma bills, security bill, land used act are all there growing inside lockdown.
so they should allow people to walk up and down abi? I hope you will not blame them if 2millon Nigerians died of covid19.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 9:56pm On May 09, 2020
xreal:

Depends on what form of palliative it is.
Nigeria is poor and over populated crude oil is also low priced. So where do u expect money to come from? Other counties richer than Nigeria are innovating social distancing etc. Nigeria is thinking lock down. It exposes the level of thinking of Nigerian leaders and their lack of planning. Its a pity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by excanny: 9:56pm On May 09, 2020
Jakemedg:
As far it's going to curtail the further spread of corona virus it's welcome

The irony is it won't.

Did the five-week long lockdown reduce anything? No.

This why why I like Americans. They will come out armed to confront tyrannical governors like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 9:57pm On May 09, 2020
fortran12:

You don't lock down healthy people.its infringing on their rights
in kaduna where i reside the lockdown has helped to reduce the spread of corona virus and please stop making it sound like a new thing because most countries of the world adopted this measure

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by id911(m): 9:57pm On May 09, 2020
Inasmuch as the government is trying to prevent infection crisis due to non adherence to the rules, I don't think lockdown is an effective way for us due to peculiar economic situations of some Nigerians unlike the western world. Some people are only able to survive on their daily income. The government should look for other means to flatten infection curve rather than contemplating another round of lockdown

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by amc: 9:58pm On May 09, 2020
commodore007:
Reactive leadership occurs when you don't plan ahead to handle problems or opportunities. By reacting to situations only as they arise, you may fail to avoid a crisis or exploit a chance to succeed,we only react to situations in this country, the covid issue should not have escalated up to this level,but here we are. My question is that ,what is this government doing to Find a cure to this virus?, which research are we embarking upon to put an End to this scourge? it appears the solution government has is to keep people lock down...without a visible solution, we are still waiting for the West to find a cure

Don't pass judgement without facts. There are people working their butts off behind the scenes to find a cure for this virus. It is not moin moin that would yield results within days or weeks. It could take years. Lets keep on encouraging and praying for them.

https://www.trialsitenews.com/nigeria-commences-covid-19-clinical-trials-assessing-hydroxychloroquine-take-other-urgent-measures/

Nigeria Commences COVID-19 Clinical Trials Assessing Hydroxychloroquine & Take Other Urgent Measures

Mar 30, 2020

The Nigerian federal government via its NAFDAC and the Ministry of Health gave the greenlight to Lagos State to commence clinical trials of a combination of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and Azithromycin for the treatment of COVID-19. The Nigerian state has based this decision to some extent on observational data from abroad and at home. They also are basing their decision on some reports out of France that the use of this combination were effective 100 percent in treating COVID-19 patients. But again, there is no proven evidence that HCQ either alone, or in combination can stop COVID-19.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Exc2000: 9:58pm On May 09, 2020
malawian0000001:

80,000 and yet no one can point to any person for his or her area that is suffering from Coronavirus.

I am over 3 decades on earth, attended 2 schools for basic education, 2 other schools for tertiary and I have resided in several states in Nigeria and atleast 2 more countries and never have I seen or know someone personally who Died of HIV and AIDS, does that mean HIV isn't killing people Hell No..

If you want some investigative journalism I can help you with IDC Yaba's address and if you seat outside the center for atleast 12 hours without ambulance entering and going out with people wailing and crying then perhaps it all a lie to scam everybody

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 9:58pm On May 09, 2020
Miracle1991:
so they should allow people to walk up and down abi? I hope you will not blame them if 2millon Nigerians died of covid19.
I believe the figures are inflated so as to get money from the recently acquired loan. Moat people get well from the disease. Look inward and try to solve the problem. See Madagascar and their herb. They did not wait for vaccines from other countries
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Poorboy41: 10:00pm On May 09, 2020
Still I don’t believe this coronavirus issue,
In fact it’s a hoax
Nothing like coronavirus am telling you the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by vanvicker(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2020
I'll keep saying this, lock down without massive testings and contact tracing is a pure waste of time and ultimate failure. What has the previous lock down yielded? We only had daily numerical increase in the viral infections. If Nigeria cannot afford to conduct a minimum of 10,000 legitimate tests per day. Then I see no reason for lock down, coz it will still be a waste and increased hardship.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Moz22: 10:01pm On May 09, 2020
wristbangle:
Lawlessness, ignorance, stubborness is having a field day in Lagos. People don't observe the simple rule of wearing nose cover and observe social distancing. The security agents are not helping matters either hence milk the masses through bribe at various check points. Also, Motorists ( Danfo & Keke riders) have thrown caution to the wind with full capacity of passengers in their respective vehicles and ignore the preventive measures of the pandemic spread.

I already sense that there will be another lockdown. The lockdown should immediately take full effect.
says someone who doesn't reside in Lagos
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by vanvicker(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2020
Poorboy41:
Still I don’t believe this coronavirus issue,
In fact it’s a hoax
Nothing like coronavirus am telling you the truth

Shit is real bro. Better imagined or heard than experienced. Stay safe and follow all laid down health guidelines

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 10:02pm On May 09, 2020
Jakemedg:
in kaduna where i reside the lockdown has helped to reduce the spread of corona virus and please stop making lockdown look like a new thing
Lock down only make weakens peoples immune system. Wait until its lifted and see the spike in sicknesses. What works is enforcing social distance face mask etc. Make policies that will ensure places of work put in measures to. Enforce social distancing, hand sanitizing etc. The virus is here to stay at the moment. You cannot eradicate it this year. Even if there were a vaccine do u think everyone will rush and take?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Poorboy41: 10:03pm On May 09, 2020
Coronavirus doesn’t exist they are just fooling you guys
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Omoluabi16(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2020
Another lockdown seems inevitable.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by byinks(f): 10:03pm On May 09, 2020
Coronavirus is already in every Lagos community and local government. Locking down is meaningless.
Allow life to go on as normal with the usual precautions in place.

Unless there's another agenda behind lockdown

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Those u are locking down do u care what dey will eat? Tomorrow now he go use different type of taxes to recover all d money lost during coro.
Come and see my NEPA for March and April with half salary received from salary from company
i get what you are saying but do you want nigeria·s case to be like that of USA before we lockdown

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 10:04pm On May 09, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Another lockdown seems inevitable.
People will not accept. Only if u knew how many people lost their jobs during the first one

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Luckydubby7(m): 10:04pm On May 09, 2020
Miracle1991:
. With those protesting of hunger in Gombe abi Niger states?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by SoNature(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2020
SouthNigerian:
grin I dare LASG to roll out another 14days total lockdown, of course there'll be no provision of palliatives.

I want to experience the beasts that lives in Lagosians. The outcome won't be funny at all.

LASG nah express you they go so o.

Nobody can openly challenge the government of Nigeria

Go and write it somewhere

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fedora04: 10:06pm On May 09, 2020
Truth is... a new lockdown is imminent.We just dont adhere to basic and simple instruction.
Only those alive can hustle for the next day
Mr Governor if thats what you have to do..please do it.Let people stay at home and please lets see result of staying at home.More test and tracing.
This thing is possible.As you dey give them palliative with one hand .. you dey test them with the other hand
Let the qualification for palliative be the testing for Covid...

..shikena

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by maigemuu: 10:06pm On May 09, 2020
The problem is the security force tasked with the responsibility of compliance.

Truth be told, they are making more monies at this time.

This is a serious indictment on our security forces coupled with government's inability to supervise compliance.

To win the fight calls for a serious collabo between government, its employees and the citizens.

If the government is serious, it should deploy its men to the borders and employ use of "whistleblowers".

It is a collective responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by luluman: 10:07pm On May 09, 2020
airsaylongcom:
Lock the state up joor

Let's work from home
I beg, na lockdown or lockup?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Seun(m): 10:08pm On May 09, 2020
If Lagosians are not following the rules, it's because you are not enforcing them. There's nowhere in the world where enforcement isn't needed. If you truly believed that everyone would comply with the directive to wear unbreathable ankara masks in this hot weather without any enforcement ... that's not a good sign.

6 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls / Funke Olakunrin: Herdsmen React To The Killing Of Afenifere Leader's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.