Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) (5123 Views)

Please Ladies Help Out Before I Vex Leave Her:: / Ladies Help Pls!!!how Do I Convince An Ex 2dislyk Me?? / Ladies, Help Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 15, 2011
I just noticed something about myself. I suffer from that "can't get over it" syndrome most women experience, however mine is pretty severe! The smallest offence made towards me by my bf or who ever I am seeing if it bothers me enough, it's like I can't let it go! No matter what, I try but I just can't move on. Any advice? undecided

(feel free to add your own inner conflicts or questions)
*thread focus/topic changed thank to Mrs.Chima angry grin
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 9:32am On Jan 15, 2011
What are you trying to get over suga? Talk to Mrs. Chima.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by jaybee3(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2011
Always ask yourself what do i have to gain if i hold on and if you can't find anything then find reasons within to overlook the things that you are bent on holding on to

I c ya Q
Gud Morning suga tongue
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2011
It is Mrs. Chima to you and Good Morning, Sir.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2011
I have something I want to get off my chest. I need a MATURED male opinion.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2011
@Chima nothing in particular  wink, just anything and everything. From an insult to an actual argument I can't explain it. It's like we will kiss and make up but the memory still lingers and I'd think "did he really just (insert the action/statements here)?" and I find myself getting angry again.  

@Jaybee, that is definitely what I need to do. I just wish it were easy. Sometimes things that happened in the past or even a couple days ago when I think about it, it may cause me to shed a few tears because I am a very emotional/sensitive person which is why to ppl I come off confrontational. That is one thing I'd like to change but it just seems when I am dating a guy they cannot accept that. It's like my feelings are irrelevant. I can't explain it.  undecided
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2011
OH LORD grin @ Mrs.Chima, what's up?
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 9:45am On Jan 15, 2011
Aww. Mz Dark! You have to develop a tough skin like me suga. I don't give a Bleep what nobody say, you hear me suga? That why I am always pissing people off because I don't give a Bleep and when people try to hurt your feelings. You do not bat an eye and that when they really start calling you out of your names.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2011
Mz. Dark,

I am having this issue with the same man that just won't leave me alone. I have cussed him out, talked about his family, got some men to tough talked him, and even told him if he don't stop I will have to take law in my own hands. NOTHING IS WORKING! I do not want to upset my husband because he (used to be a figher) and he is STROOOOONG.

I guess I need to go suck on a bottle.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Aww.  Mz Dark!  You have to develop a tough skin like me suga.   I don't give a bleep what nobody say, you hear me suga?  That why I am always pissing people off because I don't give a bleep and when people try to hurt your feelings.  You do not bat an eye and that when they really start calling you out of your names.  

LOL. Stop making me laugh!  grin  grin. I understand what you are saying but I have tried that approach and then I come off as ANGRY lol. I think I have a lot balled up inside and I try to make others happy, particularly friends and whomever I am dating so I don't speak up to avoid being seen as "that angry hag" but again the longer it stays inside me the more I get angry. Maybe soul searching is what I need LOL. That is why I think I should confide more in my girl friends and let go of my pride because as human beings we are social and we all need someone we can lean on, when I don't have that I am a train wreck about to happen!  undecided Most women are all about making others happy which is why we suffer from this "I can't get over it" curse.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Odunnu: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2011
Have you read this book by Tim Lahaye? Why you act the way you do.
It helped me and it could be helpful to you also
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Mz. Dark,

I am having this issue with the same man that just won't leave me alone.  I have cussed him out, talked about his family, got some men to tough talked him, and even told him if he don't stop I will have to take law in my own hands.  NOTHING IS WORKING!  I do not want to upset my husband because he (used to be a figher)  and he is STROOOOONG. 

Suck a bottle? Mrs.Chima you popping shots at me?  grin

As for the guy that won't leave you alone, just like my  friend/co-worker that is some serious mess that need to be dealt with. By all means find a way get him to CLEARLY get the picture! (without violence lol) angry

@Odunnu, no mam but I will check it out! Thanks!  smiley
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by jaybee3(m): 9:57am On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I have something I want to get off my chest. I need a MATURED male opinion.
You've got one here suga. Bring it on

MzD@rkSkin:

@Jaybee, that is definitely what I need to do. I just wish it were easy. Sometimes things that happened in the past or even a couple days ago when I think about it, it may cause me to shed a few tears because I am a very emotional/sensitive person which is why to ppl I come off confrontational. That is one thing I'd like to change but it just seems when I am dating a guy they cannot accept that. It's like my feelings are irrelevant. I can't explain it.  undecided[/color]
As much as i appreciate/understand the difficulties that the ability to let things pass brings, i generally believe you always have to look at the bigger pictures of things. As an example, if it's your b/f that did something you are finding it hard to let go then just look at the good things he has done and use that as a parameter to judge if you really ought to be getting mad for things that have past and obviously has no direct bearing on the outcome of your relationship going forward with him.

We human beings constantly always have to look at bigger pictures. Why get mad at something that doesn't define us or better still something that wouldn't shape our future.
It's really not so hard to let things go trust me.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 9:58am On Jan 15, 2011
I hear you, Mz Dark.  I have very tough skin and usually come off anal rentitive because I am harder to crack however, there self discovery seminars and courses you can take to improve the inner awareness.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2011
jay bee:

You've got one here suga. Bring it on
As much as i appreciate/understand the difficulties that the ability to let things pass brings, i generally believe you always have to look at the bigger pictures of things. As an example, if it's your b/f that did something you are finding it hard to let go then just look at the good things he has done and use that as a parameter to judge if you really ought to be getting mad for things that have past and obviously has no direct bearing on the outcome of your relationship going forward with him.

We human beings constantly always have to look at bigger pictures. Why get mad at something that doesn't define us or better still something that wouldn't shape our future.

Okay, I like this guy and I do not know how to tell my husband. What should I do from a male perspective?
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by jaybee3(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Mz. Dark,

I am having this issue with the same man that just won't leave me alone. I have cussed him out, talked about his family, got some men to tough talked him, and even told him if he don't stop I will have to take law in my own hands. NOTHING IS WORKING! I do not want to upset my husband because he (used to be a figher) and he is STROOOOONG.

I'm guessing it's the same dude always passing sexual comments to you and if its him then the ONLY solution is you complaining to your man. He knows his friend and he has to do the talking/putting him in line if he loves you. It's really that simple suga
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by jaybee3(m): 10:05am On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Okay, I like this guy and I do not know how to tell my husband. What should I do from a male perspective?
There are some things in life that are meant to remain closed in our hearts. You don't go telling your man you are lusting over another sexy hunk.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 10:07am On Jan 15, 2011
jay bee:

I'm guessing it's the same dude always passing sexual comments to you and if its him then the ONLY solution is you complaining to your man. He knows his friend and he has to do the talking/putting him in line if he loves you. It's really that simple suga

I know he will put him in his place knowing my husband he would use talk and force which why I am trying to see of another way my husband can deal with him.  You know how you men are yall get uhmmm animalistic when someone is fucking with yall pod.  

I am very certain that he will handle it.  It the method I am worry about because my husband is an ex fighter.  You know how that play together.   Okay.  I guess I will have to tell him and hope I don't be there when he is "HANDLING" his friend.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2011
Jaybee,

I am not lusting over this man. I like this man because he remind of someone I used to date a while back. He is sexy and his brain make me wanna kiss it.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by jaybee3(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2011
so why worry if you ain't lusting then. Liking someone is harmless and i fail to see the reason why you have to tell your man u like someone.

how would you feel if your man tells you he likes a girl?
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 15, 2011
Naughty Mrs. Chima!  wink

jay bee:

Wow. Jaybee! lol. FINALLY a man that I can relate to. Well that was excellent advice. I think that approach is much more healthy than that of my own (either curse out or ball up inside and THEN curse out  undecided) so I will find a way to "train myself" so to speak to be more of that type of person. Analyze and truly forgive because that is the core of my problem: not knowing how to TRULY forgive.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 10:22am On Jan 15, 2011
Jaybee,

I wouldn't be tripping if my husband was to tell me he like some girl. I would have ask him do he want to be with her and if he said no. That would it for me ad we will continue doing what we were doing. Okay, let me just flat out say this. I like this matured, handsome, and black brother in London. I just want to kiss his brain. I do not want to do anything that would jeopardize my marriage.

I am basically asking can I add him as my friend although I am married. I know my husband would trip and I am torn! Sighs.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by jaybee3(m): 10:26am On Jan 15, 2011
Go ahead and be this dude's friend
I'd say life is too short to worry about something that will never materalise. You are under your husband's watch 24/7 and this dude is miles away and no chance of you two ever getting together.
I love this slogan: Make friends not enemies
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by LordReed(m): 11:02am On Jan 15, 2011
@Mrs.Chima
U are threading on dangerous grounds n u know it. This 'liking' is too emotional n u can't even trust urself so u had beta just kill it rite away. Telling ur husband is not going to help cos he will see rite through u n u know wats gonna happen.
@MDS
jay is spot on n am glad u agree. Anoda technique is to take dat incident turn into an object in ur mind then in ur mind look at it like sometin in a store put it on a shelf in ur mind n shake ur head n say I don't want u d same way u reject sometin at a store. I use this n helps calm me n makes me focus on d positive.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@MDS
jay is spot on n am glad u agree. Anoda technique is to take dat incident turn into an object in your mind then in your mind look at it like sometin in a store put it on a shelf in your mind n shake your head n say I don't want u d same way u reject sometin at a store. I use this n helps calm me n makes me focus on d positive.

Thanks sweetie, I will try that! wink smiley
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@Mrs.Chima
U are threading on dangerous grounds n u know it. This 'liking' is too emotional n u can't even trust urself so u had beta just kill it rite away. Telling your husband is not going to help cos he will see rite through u n u know wats gonna happen.
@MDS
jay is spot on n am glad u agree. Anoda technique is to take dat incident turn into an object in your mind then in your mind look at it like sometin in a store put it on a shelf in your mind n shake your head n say I don't want u d same way u reject sometin at a store. I use this n helps calm me n makes me focus on d positive.

So a woman can't like a guy without having romantic feelings? Are you talking to me from the modern platform or you dabbling in the African men platform?
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by annawhite(f): 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

So a woman can't like a guy without having romantic feelings? Are you talking to me from the modern platform or you dabbling in the African men platform?
mrs chima,there must be something you are seeing in that man,and you need to kill it right away cos that liking will matured into romatic feelings and its gonna be difficult to let go.
if the guy in question shud ask you out whet will be your reeaction?
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2011
I would simply tell him no.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by annawhite(f): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I would simply tell him no.
sure u would but u will be daydreaming about dat proposal!
it's not healthy for u darl
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by KennyG6(m): 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
if it's dead, get rid of it, no point holding on to the memories
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by MrsChima(f): 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
annawhite:

sure u would but u will be daydreaming about dat proposal!
it's not healthy for u darl

Oh! I am not talking about that kind of like sister! You know the standard like as wanting him to be my friend but knowing my husband he will not be comfortable with that.
Re: Ladies Help! (advice thread - Cyber tea party lol) by annawhite(f): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Oh! I am not talking about that kind of like sister! You know the standard like as wanting him to be my friend but knowing my husband he will not be comfortable with that.
sister
you know your husband if he's the type that wouldnt want u hanging around any man,then u goota go look fpr a sister to be friends with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

7 Interesting Ways Women Can Arouse Men / 90% Of Nigeria Girls Are Nt Virgin Why? / Disadvantages Of Not Havin A Girlfriend/boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.